Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Reunited Relatives ( Chapter 94 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 94: Reunited Relatives
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: None
RATING: PG-13
WARNINGS: none
C&C: Please! ^_^
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha, Ranma, and Ryouga in that, now you know. Dragonball Z and the associated characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. Ranma 1/2 and the characters of Ranma Saotome and Ryouga Hibiki are owned by Viz, Rumiko Takahashi, and some Japanese studio I don't know the name of. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball or Ranma 1/2 themselves. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it. Oh, I guess we do own Hakusai and Serori. But I doubt anyone cares. ^_~
SUMMARY: Kabu is reunited with all of her sons
NOTES: The rest of this story is completely unbeta'd, as I can't seem to find a beta who will be as brutal or thorough as I like, and will get me chapters back in what I feel is a timely manner. I have, however, had training as an editor, and I've edited the remainder of this pretty thoroughly. I would simply like people to be aware that no one else has gone through it to catch any errors or inconsistencies, so it may be more flawed than I realize.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kabu glared sharply at Hakusai. She ignored the startled looks of her men and glared at each of them indiscriminately. <You will return to the ship immediately,> she told her men. <And nothing that has transpired here will be relayed to anyone or anything on the ship. If even a word of any of this gets out, then I will personally deal with each of you.>
 
The warriors' faces slipped back into their previously impassive expressions, and they snapped a salute to her in unison before marching back up the ramp to the ship, as precise as any military organization. The two warriors who had been by her side, however, remained below, and it didn't appear that she expected them to leave with the others.
 
She turned a baleful gaze back to Hakusai for several seconds before speaking again, this time in Chikyuu-sei. “I would have appreciated it if you could have kept my personal life private. There was no need for my men to know about my son.”
 
Yamcha looked at her in confusion, feeling his heart breaking. “I thought... I was hoping....” He swallowed, not sure what to say. “Are you ashamed of me?” he asked her, completely bewildered.
 
Kabu's eyes widened, and she glanced at the ship. “We can't talk here,” she hissed at them. “We have to go somewhere else.” She stepped towards Hakusai. “Your Highness. Will you please take me to where you have Vegeta? We need to talk where things are more secure, and there is much I need to tell you.” She shot a brief glance at Yamcha. “All of you.”
 
Hakusai arched a brow at her. “It won't do you much good considering he is unconscious.” She shrugged. “I can't see what harm it could do either.” She glanced over at the two Saiyan guards that were with Kabu. “I suppose they need to come along?”
 
Kabu frowned, and waved a hand impatiently. “I know he's unconscious. But I'm sure you have him in a secure area, which is what I require. You would not keep Vegeta anywhere but in the most well-guarded location, would you not?” She shook her head dismissively. “It is irrelevant. Let us go.”
 
Yamcha gave Hakusai an almost pleading expression. “Hakusai? Let's just... go.”
 
Hakusai sighed. “Secure location?” She rolled her eyes at that. Where did Kabu think she was? Granted on Vegeta-sei the Heir wouldn't be left alone, but here things were quite different. “Whatever,” she grumbled. “Yamcha, you should probably get Bulma, she'll need a ride back.”
 
“Yeah. Right.” Yamcha looked confused for a moment, then ran over to Bulma. She was startled as she let him pick her up, and he looked over at Hakusai before taking off for Capsule Corp.
 
“Hey!” Bulma shouted, looking down. “Aren't we going to wait for the others?”
 
Yamcha would have shrugged if he hadn't been holding her. “Nah, they'll be coming along in a moment.”
 
Hakusai studied Kabu for several moments after Yamcha took off with Bulma. She wasn't sure what to make of her mate's mother, nor could she figure out what Kabu really wanted. Her first instinct was to get rid of her, but she knew it would hurt Yamcha and she would rather take her own life than cause him pain.
 
“Let's get going then. I'd rather get this over with. Poor Bulma.” She shook her head. “That girl is constantly getting overrun by Saiyans.” At Kabu's frown, Hakusai shrugged. “Never mind. Let's go see if Vegeta is done healing yet.” And with that Hakusai took off for Capsule Corp simply expecting the others to follow her.
 
Kabu took off after Hakusai, followed immediately by her two lieutenants. They remained just above her and behind her, ready to protect her from any attacks. A Saiyan leader's chief lieutenants had several functions, but one of the primary ones was to act as a bodyguard. Both of them would die to protect her if necessary. Neither of them had allowed his surprise to show at the fact that the large man at the landing point had been Kabu's son. They didn't really consider it significant, however. To a Saiyan, their children were only a means to reproduce and were otherwise unimportant. They assumed it would be similar for their leader and that she would not have any emotional ties to him.
 
Krillin looked at Tenshinhan a bit helplessly after the others had left. “Think we should go with them?” he asked the taller man. “I mean, there are a LOT of Saiyans here.”
 
Tenshinhan inclined his head barely. “I think we should.” He gave the Saiyan ship a look that clearly said he did not trust them. “I am not sure what we could do if they want trouble, but at the very least we could try.”
 
“Yes,” Krillin agreed. The little monk really didn't want anything to do with the unknown Saiyans. In his opinion they were way too unpredictable, especially ones who had grown up on Vegeta-sei. “Then let's go.”
 
When they landed back at Capsule Corp., Kabu crossed her arms and frowned expectantly at Hakusai. “Where is Vegeta? I would like to see him before we continue.”
 
Yamcha looked at his mother in confusion. She had barely acknowledged his presence; was she ashamed of him? Perhaps she had expected more of him and he had disappointed her.
 
Bulma shrugged at Kabu's question. “He's this way. Come on.” She didn't wait for a reply but started towards the infirmary.
 
Kabu managed to hide her surprise that everyone seemed to be following this small human woman and treating her with the respect of a leader. She tapped her scouter as she followed Bulma and noted that the blue-haired woman didn't have significant ki. In fact, she had so little ki that she would either have been killed or only used as a slave had she lived on Vegeta-sei. She never would have been in any position of power or authority as she seemed to be here.
 
Bulma unlocked the side door to the infirmary, not wanting to have these unknown Saiyans trooping through her laboratory, possibly knocking over and destroying her work. She led them to the back room where Vegeta was floating in the tank, asleep and cocooned in the healing fluid.
 
“Well, here's Vegeta,” Bulma said as casually as she could, although she was watching Kabu suspiciously. Because Bulma was the only one facing the tall Saiyan woman, she was the only one who saw her eyes widen almost imperceptibly in surprise. For a moment, Bulma didn't know what Kabu had been expecting to see, and then it dawned on her. Kabu had been referring to Vegeta as the “king”, something Bulma had only briefly noticed.
 
Bulma knew Saiyan traditions, and was aware that Vegeta had finally fulfilled his duty to become king by killing Frieza. She had mentioned this once to both Goku and Yamcha, so they were aware as well, but she didn't know if any of the others truly understood. As far as she knew, they might all assume Vegeta had become king the moment his father had died, something Bulma knew wasn't true at all. She studied the tall Saiyan woman carefully, wondering how she was going to react.
 
She was disappointed that there was a lack of any further reaction as Kabu turned around and faced the others. “This is a secure area?”
 
Bulma raised an eyebrow, and nodded at the question. “No one can get in or out that I'm not aware of,” she replied.
 
Kabu frowned and nodded before she turned to Yamcha. She seemed to study her son, carefully going over every inch of him as though trying to find flaws. Her gaze rested briefly on his tail, wrapped firmly around his waist. Her mouth twitched at that.
 
“So. I see you grew your tail back. How...?”
 
Bulma pointed to the tank. “If you're thinking this is a standard Saiyan isolation tank, you're wrong. This is much more than that. A Saiyan isolation tank only permeates a subject with generic Saiyan DNA. The fluid in this uses your own DNA as a template, replicates that DNA, and permeates you with that DNA. There are several advantages to this. First off, it isn't usable only by Saiyans. Second, it works much better, since your own DNA can heal you much more quickly than someone else's. Third....” She shrugged. “It's designed for each individual, so it heals anything that doesn't belong on you specifically. It even removes battle scars. It grew back his tail. And helped us find his brothers. Your two younger sons.” Bulma indicated Ranma and Ryouga, who were hanging back with Trunks and Gohan, but watching curiously.
 
Kabu glanced at the two boys, but seemed to almost dismiss them as her gaze drifted back to Yamcha. She nodded once. “You're strong. I knew you would be.” There was a note of pride in her voice that she couldn't disguise.
 
Yamcha looked startled. “You aren't... I thought you were angry at me. I thought you were ashamed of me....”
 
Kabu frowned. “How could I be ashamed of you? You are at least as strong as I'd expected. I didn't expect you to be this strong with my tampering. I could never be ashamed of you, my son. You've shown your strength, despite everything I did.” Her face softened briefly with a smile, before it became stern again. “I am glad you survived and grew strong. I wish you had seen....” She hesitated slightly, her eyes narrowing again. “You never found my journals.”
 
“No, we did,” Bulma contradicted, catching Kabu's attention. “Both your written ones, which Hakusai and my husband translated, and the holographic ones. We saw.”
 
Kabu glanced sharply at each of them. “How long will it be before Vegeta is healed?” she asked suddenly.
 
Bulma blinked at the abrupt change of subject. “Probably about an hour or so. The computers will tell us.”
 
Kabu crossed her arms and faced away from them, standing stiffly. “I will wait then,” she said, tossing her head imperiously. Her two lieutenants moved to either side of her, appearing to guard her against anyone that might want to interrupt.
 
Hakusai was usually very good at reading people, but was a loss for what she thought of Yamcha's mother. She was an enigma. She seemed to be a classic Saiyan - cold, ruthless and unfeeling. Yet Hakusai could have sworn she saw the older woman's face soften as she gazed at her oldest son. Hakusai sighed and approached Yamcha, uncertain if she wanted to apologize to him for his mother being so heartless or if something else was bothering her.
 
It was possible that it was something else, Hakusai mused as she stepped near Yamcha. She had been ridiculed by Kabu's people when Shinjo had been killed. How would Kabu react if she found out that Hakusai had bonded to her son? Would she ignore Yamcha because she considered Hakusai weak? Or worse yet, what would she think if she found out that Yamcha had bonded to Hakusai in return?
 
Hakusai was smart enough to realize that Yamcha wanted a chance to get know his mother, yet she wanted to protect Yamcha from Kabu. She knew how much her mate wanted - no, needed - to have a relationship with his mother. It was something she could understand, but she didn't want Yamcha to get hurt when she proved to be a typical Saiyan.
 
Hakusai shrugged, pretending to be unconcerned about Kabu or her lieutenants as she watched the other woman cautiously. “It's not like we can change your mind, so do what you want. Leave the rest of the planet alone though, and don't cause chaos. That might upset me. And I don't think you would like that one bit.”
 
The threat in her tone was unmistakable. It was also completely out of character for her. None of the others had ever heard Hakusai's voice carry so much venom or seem so serious.
 
Kabu turned back towards Hakusai with a frown. “What are you talking about, Your Highness? I have no business with the rest of the planet. I came here for Frieza, but since Vegeta has already taken care of him my only business is with Vegeta now.” Her eyes narrowed thoughtfully. “You never did wish to join our army. I would have welcomed you but I understood your choice. Still, you would have made a magnificent Saiyan Queen.”
 
Hakusai just barely managed to hide her surprise. Where in the hell had that come from?
 
“Excuse me?” Hakusai shook her head. “I think not. I had no desire then to go on a suicide mission, Kabu. It's what you offered me all those years ago. I also had no desire to rule.” Hakusai's eyes narrowed. “I was perfectly happy where I was and it was where I would have stayed if not for your lackeys.”
 
Even though Shinjo's death was something that had happened years before, it still hurt and Hakusai was not about to forgive Kabu for it. The woman put Hakusai on edge, something that rarely happened, and she didn't like it. She hadn't expected a compliment from Kabu. It made her feel off balance. And Hakusai hated not being able to figure her out.
 
I am not going to cause a fight because of something that is ancient history, she thought determinedly. I'll end up hurting Yamcha in the process. I think I need to take a walk.
 
Kabu stiffened but remained silent, listening to Hakusai's tirade. She shot a brief glance at her two lieutenants, and almost imperceptibly sent them a signal. Both of the large Saiyans saluted her briskly, and then left the room immediately, leaving Kabu alone with the others. As soon as the two were out of the room, some of the tension seemed to melt out of Kabu's spine.
 
Kabu sighed quietly and shook her head. “I am sorry about that, Princess.” She seemed somehow to know why Hakusai was so angry. “Had he known... no, it would have made no difference to him. None of my troops were aware of your rank except for myself. And it would never have occurred to them that you would have mated with a non-Saiyan. That was unthinkable to them, especially knowing how few in number we had become. They saw him as nothing more than an impediment to be removed, and....” She sighed again. “I am sorry, Princess. But once it happened there was nothing further I could do. You had already punished him for his crime, so all I could do was leave you in peace with your grief.”
 
The shock was apparent on Hakusai's face. She had never expected anything from Kabu except contempt. A quietly spoken apology and sympathy for her loss took Hakusai completely off-guard. For the first time in her life she was speechless. The silence was deafening as the two women gazed at each other.
 
“I see,” Hakusai said after her brain started working again. “That explains why you never bothered me after that.” She sighed deeply. “I appreciate that. It was also very smart.”
 
Hakusai looked away from her and over to the tank where her brother was floating in the healing fluid. “I would have killed all of you had you approached me again. I would have done it without any hesitation or regret. Bonding withdrawal does that to you.” A small smile twitched at the corner of the younger woman's mouth as she glanced back. “I suppose I should thank you, in a way; because of Shinjo's death I became a mercenary and met my present husband.”
 
Kabu frowned, her eyes narrowing. She had smelled Hakusai's pregnancy on her but hadn't known if it was from a permanent mating or just a one-time thing as it had been with herself. “Husband?” she questioned. She considered the males around. The human males she eliminated out of hand; she couldn't sense the sort of chemistry between them that would need to exist for something as permanent as Hakusai implied. She could smell another woman on Goku and knew it wasn't Hakusai. Most of the others were too young, and Vegeta was her brother which eliminated him, so....
 
“You are mated with my son?” she asked quietly, coming to the obvious conclusion.
 
Hakusai smirked, reminding Kabu of the former King of Vegeta-sei. “At least I have good taste,” she quipped, winking at Yamcha before she became more serious. “Does that bother you?”
 
Kabu arched a brow at her incredulously. “Bother me? That my son is now royalty? Hardly.” She turned away and looked at Ranma and Ryouga sharply. “I see you've managed to find your brothers,” she commented. “That was unexpected. Although considering the circumstances, perhaps less disastrous than I might have predicted. I see they managed to survive and that they're strong. Not that I expected any less of them.”
 
She perused both boys silently for several minutes, making both of them, particularly Ryouga, slightly nervous.
 
Then Ranma grinned and stepped forward, his usual irrepressible charm bubbling up. “So you're our mom, huh? Why'd ya leave us before?”
 
Kabu looked at him in surprise. He acted very... un-Saiyan.
 
“I could not take you with me when I went off-planet, brat,” she said, sounding cold, her arms crossing over her chest. “You would have been a hindrance to me in my mission to avenge the destruction of Vegeta-sei. It would have put your lives at risk. I could accept neither possibility, so I left you here, in the care of humans who promised to raise you as their own.”
 
She didn't ask them if they were happy or unhappy with her choice; that it should matter never even crossed her mind.
 
She turned away again, this time facing the tank where Vegeta floated, her arms still crossed over her chest and her face impassive. “Don't you think you should get something to eat? I can wait for Vegeta by myself.” It was obvious she was dismissing all of them, but exactly why wasn't apparent.
 
“I don't think so,” Bulma replied sharply. “I think it's a good idea if I stayed here as well.”
 
Kabu didn't even glance at her, assuming Bulma was simply a servant and not worthy of her attention, but stood silent, staring at the tank where Vegeta slowly healed.
 
Hakusai rolled her eyes. “And I thought Vegeta was a pain in the ass,” she drawled. She slipped her arm around Yamcha's waist and tugged him with her. “Let's go and get something to eat. Oh, and Kabu? I wouldn't annoy him when he gets out of the tank. He may just blast you.”
 
“Hmph,” Kabu snorted as the others left, but her face wasn't as stern as it had been before.
 
As the others left the room, Trunks lingered briefly, hesitant to leave his mother alone with the strange Saiyan woman. She seemed to sense his concern, however, and shot him a reassuring smile. He nodded, then left the room after everyone else had, closing the door behind him. Bulma glanced at the Saiyan amazon, and then turned on a computer terminal in the infirmary, deciding to catch up on some Capsule Corp business while she waited for Vegeta to heal.
 
Trunks joined the others outside, locking the door behind him. “Mother will be all right, I think,” he said quietly. “She can handle herself.” He wasn't sure who he was trying to reassure more; the others or himself.
 
Yamcha nodded. He had known Bulma longer than anyone else there, and knew that if anyone could handle herself, it was Bulma. She had been on more adventures than almost anyone else there, and despite not being a fighter she had managed to survive.
 
“Yeah, she'll be fine,” he said with more confidence than Trunks had expressed. “Let's go get something to eat. We never did eat lunch.”
 
He looked over at the two soldiers who had now positioned themselves defensively by the infirmary door. “Hey, you guys hungry? We're going to go get something to eat.”
 
Neither soldier replied to his question, causing the various Z warriors to sweatdrop.
 
“Uh... I take that as a `no',” Yamcha commented, before he shrugged and headed towards the house.
 
~~~*~~~
 
The group ate in a kind of strained silence. There was some of the usual joking around, but the comments pinged against the tension in the room and only increased the nervousness of everyone there. Each of them was absorbed in his own thoughts regarding the occurrences of earlier in the day.
 
Yamcha's thoughts shifted back and forth between all the events of the day, but were mostly absorbed in trying to sort out his feelings for his mother. He had wanted to find her again for so long.... For years he had almost forgotten about the loneliness and despair he had felt when she had left, his feelings of abandonment and betrayal. He had covered it up in bravado, and when he had met Goku and Bulma had even managed to convince himself that he didn't feel it any longer, that he didn't feel a longing to find her again. But that had always been a lie, albeit one he only told to himself.
 
Hakusai watched the emotions playing over his open features. Yamcha had never been one to hide his emotions; he wore them on the surface where anyone could see. It was obvious to her there was conflict within him; he wanted to learn more about his mother, but was still afraid she would reject him.
 
Ranma ate furiously, almost unconcerned with the climactic events of earlier. It was as though they simply didn't have the meaning for him that they did for the others... and that was probably true. Even Ryouga was more deeply moved by everything than he was; he had been abandoned by his own parents - even if not deliberately - and to have a parent he might for once be able to see face to face all the time....
 
Ryouga watched his once arch-nemesis devour the food set before him as though there would be no tomorrow and sighed to himself, somehow managing only to pick at his food, his thoughts on the woman in the other building who was apparently his real mother.
 
Trunks made no pretense about joining them in their meal, but stood stiffly in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. He reminded Goku of Vegeta with both the tension in his stance and the ferocity of his expression. Even without being told that Trunks' parents were Bulma and Vegeta, Goku thought he might have figured that out on his own. The boy looked too much like both of his parents, was too much a mixture of both their features and personalities. Even his silence was similar to the almost dangerous stillness of Vegeta, the feeling there was a leashed violence that was barely being kept in check.
 
Tenshinhan and Krillin almost wished they had remained outside as Piccolo had chosen to do, refusing their offer to go inside with a quiet growl. Both of them ate a few bites out of courtesy, but the food tasted like ashes in their mouths. They kept glancing at each other as though trying to find an anchor in the sea of tension and the feeling of danger in the room. They barely tasted anything as they watched the others nervously, wondering when someone would break the tense silence, laughing nervously whenever either Goku or Gohan attempted to lighten the mood with an awkward joke.
 
Krillin looked back and forth between everyone in the room and finally decided that he couldn't take the silence and tension any longer. He cleared his throat, and then laughed nervously when all eyes were suddenly upon him.
 
“Uh... guys? Maybe we should... um... check on Vegeta? Or Bulma? Or something?” He laughed nervously again, not entirely sure what to say.
 
Goku paused in eating his meal when he looked over at Krillin and gave his best friend a reassuring smile. “Why not? Vegeta is probably done in the tank by now. And I am curious to see why she wants to talk to Vegeta so much.”
 
He sat back in his seat and tried to concentrate. Thinking had never been one of Goku's strong points. He couldn't think of any reason Kabu would want to see Vegeta, unless....
 
“Hey, do you think she wants to build a new planet?” Goku asked suddenly.
 
“Nani?” Krillin frowned. “What do you mean?”
 
“Well, Vegeta is their Prince. Maybe they will settle here. And start over.”
 
Krillin's jaw dropped. “You mean we would have a bunch of Saiyans running around on Chikyuu?”
 
Goku shrugged. “Why not? If Vegeta can change surely the rest of them can.”
 
“But Goku!” Krillin protested. “These are Saiyans that grew up on Vegeta-sei! Do you really think they would be happy living here, not fighting anyone?”
 
“Vegeta is ok with it.” Goku gave his friend a small smile. “Even though he doesn't say it, I think he is happy here.”
 
Trunks shot Goku a sharp look, then narrowed his eyes as he thought carefully about what Goku had said. Could it be that Kabu really did want to settle on Chikyuu? He didn't think it was very likely, but it was possible. He wasn't entirely sure how he felt about it. He had mixed feelings at best; it gave him a chance to meet some other Saiyans, others close to his power level, something he had missed when he had been growing up. But at the same time he was a little apprehensive; how would they feel about himself, as well as his mother? Could they accept a human mate for their Prince? Could they accept a half-human heir to their Prince?
 
His stomach tightened with apprehension and he pushed himself away from the wall.
 
“I'm going to check on my mother,” he informed them without preamble, and then spun on his heel and headed out of the house.
 
Goku and the others stared after him, and then Goku put one hand behind his head and gave an easy laugh. “Well, I guess we should go with him, huh? Come on, guys! Let's see how Vegeta is doing!” He stood up from the table and headed towards the door.
 
Gohan blinked in surprise at the calm laugh his father gave, and then smiled in relief. “All right, dad!” he exclaimed, then slid out of his chair and followed after Goku.
 
Yamcha didn't wait for a further invitation, but also headed out, followed by the others.
 
~~~*~~~
 
Bulma looked up in surprise when she heard the door bang open. Kabu had been so silent that the tension had been almost palpable at first, but after a while the other woman's presence no longer bothered her as her mind became absorbed in her work. Her son's entrance startled her, however, and she jumped slightly.
 
“Trunks!” she exclaimed, one hand over her chest to still the wild beating of her heart. “Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack! You don't want to drive me to an early grave, do you?”
 
Trunks smiled briefly at her. He knew she was only teasing him. He strode towards the tank and studied his father for a moment. Finally he turned to Bulma again. “How is he, Mother?” he asked quietly.
 
Bulma blinked curiously, then got up and studied the monitors. “It looks like he's almost ready,” she informed Trunks.
 
She looked up at him and smiled, then took his hand and squeezed it lightly. She was about to say something more when the others trooped noisily into the lab. Bulma looked annoyed for a moment, and then sighed in resignation.
 
“Go ahead and take a seat,” she said, her voice dripping with irony. She knew there was barely enough room in the infirmary for all of them, and certainly not enough places to sit. “I'm absolutely sure Vegeta wants to have an audience when he comes out of the tank.”
 
Her sarcasm was lost on most of the others as they simply looked at her in blank confusion.
 
Kabu had viewed the intrusion with a kind of mild irritation. She was vaguely glad that her sons were there, but the rest of them were an unwelcome distraction as far as she was concerned. With a bare mental command she signaled to her two lieutenants that she desired their presence, and before the others could object or even realized what she had done, the two large Saiyan warriors had made their way into the room and were at her side.
 
Kabu crossed her arms, and looked imperiously at Bulma. “You may bring him out of the isolation tank when he is ready,” she commanded the smaller woman imperiously.
 
Bulma arched an eyebrow in amusement. She knew that Kabu was unaware of the insult she had just given. Apparently the Saiyan woman didn't realize exactly who Bulma was and what her position was here. She was still assuming Bulma was a servant of some sort. It amused Bulma enough that she decided not to say anything yet. She knew that one of the others was likely to inform Kabu at some point, and probably not very politely. But for now Bulma decided it was best to forestall a fight, and she simply gave her head a slight warning shake when she saw Trunks about to object antagonistically.
 
Just then the monitors began beeping, signaling that Vegeta was fully healed and able to be removed from the tank. Bulma glanced over at him and saw that he was still unconscious, but knew he would revive once he was out of the sedative from the healing fluid. She pressed a button, beginning the draining process, and once the liquid had lowered enough to do so she opened the hatch. Trunks caught his father as he began to fall and then he, Bulma, and Yamcha removed the electrodes as the Saiyan Prince slowly regained consciousness.
 
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... General Kabu has a few discussions with different people, and surprising information comes to light.