Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Light in the Darkness ❯ Morning Songbirds ( Chapter 98 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Light in the Darkness - Part 98: Morning Songbirds
by Mia Skywalker & Wataruo
 
PAIRING: Bulma/Vegeta
RATING: X
WARNINGS: Lemon
C&C: Please! ^_^
DISCLAIMER: Neither of us owns any of the DBZ characters or anything about DBZ, but we both wish we owned the Saiyans. All of them. At least all of the ones with hair. And yes, we're including Yamcha, Ranma, and Ryouga in that, now you know. Dragonball Z and the associated characters are owned by Toei, Viz, Akira Toriyama, and FUNimation. Ranma 1/2 and the characters of Ranma Saotome and Ryouga Hibiki are owned by Viz, Rumiko Takahashi, and some Japanese studio I don't know the name of. We do own what we've written here, and our specific storyline, just not Dragonball or Ranma 1/2 themselves. We make no money off of any of these guys, nor off this fic. We just have fun writing it. Oh, I guess we do own Hakusai and Serori. But I doubt anyone cares. ^_~
SUMMARY: A little morning lemon
NOTES: The rest of this story is completely unbeta'd, as I can't seem to find a beta who will be as brutal or thorough as I like, and will get me chapters back in what I feel is a timely manner. I have, however, had training as an editor, and I've edited the remainder of this pretty thoroughly. I would simply like people to be aware that no one else has gone through it to catch any errors or inconsistencies, so it may be more flawed than I realize.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Day 15
 
Trunks didn't know what had awakened him at first. His surroundings disoriented him at first - where was he? Then he remembered - he was in the past where his mother had sent him. A shaft of pain shot through his heart as he once again remembered that the mother he had known and loved no longer existed. By sending him into the past she had changed the future and had made it so neither she nor the devastated world she belonged to existed any longer.
 
Not that it would have mattered - everyone on their world had already been killed, and he had seen her die as his ship had taken off. Even if he could go back there would be no point. There was no one left alive.
 
Trunks knew that had been the whole point of the exercise, the entire reason she had sent him into the past. She had wanted him to warn her friends about what was coming, but most of all she had wanted him to save the lives of her husband and his sister. Their deaths would have spelled the beginning of the end; Vegeta's death had made his mother lose hope, and Hakusai's death had made Yamcha lose the will to live. Now, in this reality, both were alive and the future was changed.
 
Trunks wondered about the Saiyans who were waiting nearby for him to go with them. He wondered where they had been in his future. Was it because both Vegeta and Hakusai had died that they had left before? Had they announced themselves and then left? He wondered if they had been instrumental in defeating Frieza in his time. He suspected they might have, although his mother had never hinted at their existence. She had never been clear on exactly who had defeated Frieza, although he knew they definitely had not been around when the androids had come. If they had been, he was sure things would have been different. But without Vegeta and Hakusai, maybe they hadn't felt the need or desire to stay. Trunks had no idea, since his mother had never mentioned them. He wondered why she hadn't, and with regret realized that now he would never know.
 
Trunks slid out of bed, dressing and showering as he pondered all of this. There was a strange exhilaration in his veins along with his apprehension. A part of him was excited at the idea of exploring the galaxy, but another part of him yearned to be with the father he had missed all his life, the man he knew his mother loved so deeply. He would miss his mother; she had been the one person in his life who had always been there. Even though it had been her future self, that didn't matter; he knew he would miss her and wasn't sure if he wanted to stay away from her.
 
There was a brief sharp pang in his heart at the fact that `his' mother had been left behind in his own time, that he had seen her die just as the time capsule had departed. He had almost wondered if it had been worth it at that moment as despair had threatened to overwhelm him, but then he had resolutely set his sights on his goal, on his mission of preventing all of it from ever happening, and saving her in that manner.
 
Trunks wandered downstairs, still disoriented from the fact that this was the same place he grew up, yet it wasn't the same place at all. The layout was identical, but in his time many devices weren't working and there were areas of the building that were simply too dangerous to walk through. Not for him, perhaps, but for his mother and the other humans.
 
He remembered that when he had been a child it had been more like this place, but several times during the years the androids or Cell had attacked. Thanks to his mother's ingenuity they had never found the humans who had been living below the upper buildings, but they had strafed the old residence buildings, slowly destroying them. That, plus the occasional looter, plus just time itself and the fact that Bulma had to be careful about her forays to the surface, made what had once been one of the most expensive homes on Chikyuu become just as much a ruin as anything else.
 
Trunks dialed up a helping of food from the replicator and began heading towards the table before he smiled, went back to the replicator, and dialed up some more. He had unconsciously replicated only what he normally would have had for rations in his time, but here there wasn't the need for any conservation. He had to remember he could eat whatever he wanted; there was no shortage of food, money, or technology. Not at the moment, at least.
 
He frowned, suddenly worried. He would have to make certain that the Saiyans were willing to come back in time to help them defeat their enemies. He had no doubt that with their help Cell wouldn't even be close to a threat. But without them it might just be a repeat of his own past.
 
Carrying the now heavily laden tray of food outside, he sat down on the bench on the front porch and quietly watched the sun rise.
 
~~~*~~~
 
The sun hadn't even come up yet when Vegeta awoke. This wasn't unusual, but this time something had roused him from a deep sleep. He frowned for a moment, trying to pinpoint what it was, and when he finally managed to focus on the single ki that was active, the corner of his mouth tilted up into a smirk.
 
His son, Trunks, was already awake and moving about. It didn't surprise Vegeta that his son had been the first to get out of bed. He imagined that the young prince - even if Trunks didn't fully realize that Vegeta intended the teenager to be his heir - would be ready to get started on the mission his father had assigned to him.
 
A soft sound caught the warrior's attention and he looked down, only to see Bulma cuddle up closer to his side, throwing her arm across his waist as if she wasn't about to let him go. Vegeta tangled his fingers in her hair, toying with the silky strands, while his Queen slept on, unaware of the way his features softened as he let the strands slide between his fingers to pool onto his chest.
 
Perhaps he was not being fair to her, he thought, as he lay there watching the sun come up. It was not every day you meet the adult version of your first-born, then your mate sends him off to find a new home world. As much as Vegeta had reluctantly come to like living on Chikyuu, he was only too aware of how quickly a group of Saiyans could wipe out the planet's resources. And nothing was more dangerous than a group of bored Saiyans.
 
Sending them off would give him time to figure out what he was supposed to do, and it would prove to the others how strong his son was. No one would challenge Trunks once he had proved himself to them.
 
He gazed down at Bulma, debating on whether to wake her or let her sleep, when her pale azure eyes opened to look up at him.
 
“Good morning,” he greeted her gruffly. “The brat is awake.”
 
Bulma blinked, confused for a moment by his statement. “Brat?” Why would he be concerned about Gohan? Then she realized to whom he was referring. “You mean Trunks?”
 
She cast a dour eye at the window, then gave a groan and slipped the covers over her head.
 
“It's too early, Vegeta!” she complained. “Let's do this later! It's inhuman to be awake this early!”
 
“Trunks isn't completely human, or did you forget?” he asked, amusement laced through his voice. “But I suggest you get out of bed. Otherwise you will miss your chance to say goodbye.”
 
Vegeta watched as she pulled the covers back down and blinked up at him.
 
“Did you forget? He is leaving today. He won't be back for several months. At least not until he is born.” He gently brushed the hair from her eyes. “I know he will want you there.”
 
“Trunks?” Bulma slid out of bed, running her fingers through her hair. “Why didn't you say so earlier?” she snapped peevishly, as she ran to the bathroom to try to take a quick shower. She yelled back at him over the sound of the water. “How long as he been up? When is he leaving? He'd better not leave without saying good-bye!”
 
“He hasn't been awake all that long. I doubt he will leave without speaking to you,” Vegeta replied.
 
“What was that, Vegeta?” Bulma called out. “I can't hear you over the shower! You're going to have to speak up!”
 
“Is that so?” He slipped out of bed, not bothering to dress. The smirk that made its way across his face widened. “I said,” Vegeta drawled as he walked into the bathroom, “that Trunks is not going to leave without saying goodbye to you.”
 
The Saiyan Prince could easily make out Bulma's form as she showered, and the soap that she was using to wash herself was erotic. No reason to waste all that water. He slid in behind her unnoticed until he slipped his arms around her waist, pulling her softness against the hardness of his chest.
 
Bulma drew in a sharp breath when his hands made their way up her stomach to her breasts, the soap on her skin lubricating their path. She closed her eyes and pressed back into him when he tweaked her nipples with his thumbs, causing them to peak and harden instantly.
 
“Vegeta,” she murmured, already melting into his embrace. Although she neither told him to continue or to stop, he knew exactly what she was asking of him.
 
He smiled against the side of her neck as he pressed kisses along the sensitive flesh. Vegeta knew what she liked. Even though they had only been mated a short time, he knew exactly how and where to touch her. It gave Vegeta a smug satisfaction that she always melted against him.
 
While his mouth was busy on her throat, his hands were playing against her skin, tracing patterns with his fingers as they moved over her body. He paused to pay particular attention to her navel before venturing further. His fingers tangled briefly in her soft curls before his thumb stroked over her nub. When she arched her body against his hand he chuckled.
 
Bulma's hands clutched at his hips, urging him closer. His fingers stroked her cleverly, teasing the sensitive bud that began to swell under them, and she thrust against his hand, seeking deeper contact. She was no longer surprised that Vegeta, who showed such a cold and cruel face to the world, could evoke such fire and passion from her with such a gentle touch. As her body sang under his caresses she knew that no matter what face he showed the world, he would always show her his soul. Somehow she had instinctively known the anger he kept so tightly leashed would hide a fierce passion, something that would answer a longing within her.
 
She whimpered as she felt the heat within her loins increase, and she began to shiver as the pressure rose. Then with a sudden sharp cry she felt it hit - she shook and quivered in his arms, crying out her pleasure for him to hear. Wave after wave of rapture washed over and through her, lifting her and crashing her back down to the ground.
 
When it was over and she was spent, she realized that the only thing keeping her on her feet was Vegeta's arm around her. Slumping forward slightly she turned in his arms to face him, and held tightly to him to keep herself upright.
 
Vegeta smirked, pleased at the passion she exhibited. “Now it's my turn, woman,” he growled softly in her ear.
 
She opened her eyes and turned her head to look into his, a puzzled expression of alarm on her face. What was he planning now?
 
“You didn't think I'd let you get away without giving me a turn, did you?” he continued, still smirking at her, his gaze piercing. “And certainly you didn't think that was all I would do to you, did you? Oh no! There's definitely more waiting for you!”
 
She stared at him, half in anticipation and half in apprehension. He seemed to enjoy the look of almost fear on her face, and he leaned into her, slowly pushing her against the wall of the shower. He ran a finger down her cheek, feeling the softness of her skin, then followed the trail that his finger left with his tongue.
 
Bulma shuddered, wrapping her arms around his neck. His smirk widened, and he lifted her slightly by her buttocks, then swiftly impaled himself inside of her. She moaned, her eyes closing at the sensation, her head leaning back against the shower wall as she simply allowed him to make love to her again.
 
Vegeta grunted at the way her womanhood caressed him, still wet and warm with her desire and pleasure. He thrust into her, holding her up with his hands on her buttocks so she wouldn't fall, his eyes closing as he reveled in the sensation of her tightness and heat.
 
As he stroked her, brushing against nerves already sensitized by her prior climax, she could feel herself reaching towards heaven again. She wrapped her legs around his hips, allowing him to penetrate her more fully. He answered her by thrusting more quickly, his hips pressing into her with a ferocity that she could feel lifting her again.
 
Bulma leaned forward and pressed her lips against his, kissing him deeply. Vegeta responded to her kiss with equal fervor, his tongue plunging into the depths of her mouth as it imitated the movements of his body below. As they kissed, they unexpectedly found themselves once more merging into each others thoughts, feeling what the other experienced as well. Gasping at the sudden intensity of their now intermingled passions, they each felt their individual rapture increase with the other's pleasure. Then with a sudden burst of ecstasy, both of them rose and shattered and sang and flew, each discovering paradise in the other's arms and heart.
 
It was several minutes before either of them wanted to move. As usual, Vegeta didn't comment on the extraordinary experience, giving every outward sign that what they had felt was simply routine. He ran his hands along Bulma's back, savoring the texture of her skin before he shifted, removing himself from inside of her. He set her down gently, making certain she could stand before he released her.
 
Bulma shivered, wrapping her arms around his neck. Vegeta sighed and picked her up again, carrying her out of the shower and drying both of them with his ki. He set her down again, and when she seemed to want to collapse, he lay down on the bed with her.
 
Bulma blinked and sighed, closing her eyes and stretching lazily. She was suddenly quite content, and quite willing to simply fall asleep where she lay, even half off the bed.
 
“Maybe we should just get up later,” she murmured under her breath.
 
Vegeta chuckled, his breath warm against her ear. “And miss seeing the brat off? I thought you wanted to say goodbye.”
 
Bulma groaned. She really didn't want to move. Making love with Vegeta always left her limbs in a state of pleasant lethargy, and she just wanted to savor it. She didn't feel like moving for a little while, knowing how sore she would be if she tried.
 
“Vegeta!” she whined petulantly. “Couldn't we wait until tomorrow for him to leave? Why does it have to be today?”
 
He smirked at her, knowing that she didn't want to move. “Do you really want a shipful of Saiyans sitting around on Earth with nothing to do?” He arched a brow at her. “Planets have been obliterated simply because we got bored. I'd rather not take that risk.”
 
Bulma opened one eye and gazed at him sleepily. “Are you saying you actually care about what happens to this planet? Just two weeks ago you were saying you were going to destroy it.” She sighed sadly then, an odd note of wistfulness in her tone. “With me and everyone else on it.”
 
Vegeta looked vaguely regretful at the thought. “People change,” he said simply, but didn't elaborate any more on the subject. “I have to go and give the brat his instructions.”
 
Surprise flitted across Bulma's features, but she didn't prod him further. She knew he had changed in the two short weeks they had been together. She'd had no idea how much it bothered him to remember, and she wondered what he regretted more - the fact that he wasn't what he used to be, or the fact that he used to be the way he had been. It was possible even he didn't know for sure.
 
She didn't press him, however, but simply pulled away from him, then slipped out of bed and went back to finish her shower. Vegeta watched her go, not knowing what to say or if he should say anything. He had seen the surprise on her features and wanted to know what she was thinking, but he felt awkward pressing her for information. If Bulma wanted him to know what was on her mind, she would tell him, rather loudly he was certain.
 
Vegeta slipped on his bodysuit and went down to the kitchen. ::I'll meet you downstairs,:: he thought to her as he entered the kitchen.
 
 
To be continued.....
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
And in the next exciting episode of DragonBall Z: A Light in the Darkness... The Z warriors wait for Kabu to arrive, and Vegeta spends some quality time with his son.
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
Author's Comment:
 
I want to apologize for not posting in several weeks. Through various circumstances, I haven't been able to get onto my computer several days each week, and Tuesdays and Saturdays seem to have been the days I've been taken away most often. As I promised my readers that I would stick to that schedule - and not post on other days if I missed those two days (so you're not forced to check EVERY day for a posting) - it meant I haven't been able to post at all for those weeks.
 
There are four more chapters beyond this one (including the epilogue), and there is going to be a break for a bit before the last two or three are posted. I will be away for two weeks with no access to the internet, so the final few chapters will have a delay. I apologize for that, but there is nothing I can do.
 
~~~~~*~~~~~
 
Review Responses:
 
Rena Tsukino: Um… thank you. I'm not sure what else to say. :-)
 
Jenniferwl: Ah, I'm glad that you found this and that you are enjoying it. It's always nice when new readers can find enjoyment in this story. :-)