Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Fate ❯ From the Breaking of the Sun To the Going Down of the Same. ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard disclaimer. Sailor Moon is not mine, the idea and the show belong to people much richer than I. Please don't sue!

Dimmer however is mine.. of course if someone wants to use him or any of his transformations for ANY reason "thbbt" go ahead. You have my complete and total permission. I only request you tell me… Hell, I don't care if you do it without my permission, it's not like I could find out anyway.

Warning: mild language, and this is my first fic. Maybe lime sometime in the far future, but I seriously doubt it.

"Yeee haaaaah!!" Dimmer's voice was lost in the wind as he hung unto Chad who was driving the bike. It was the same night after the talks at the chocolate shop. After coming home that night Chad came back with the bike taking Dimmer's mind off the problems at hand. They had taken off that very night and still hadn't come back. They were going for one of Chad's getaways out to his cabin. It was pretty much a joy ride. It was about midnight when they arrived at his cabin. They were both laughing walking through the front door.

"Dude that was wick~ed!"

"I know" Chad said " "I" was driving. Know what else was cool?"

"Wha?"

"Those monster bodies! They were gruesome!"

Dimmer rolls his eyes "I should of known." He gestured by putting a finger in his mouth, mimicking the sound of puking.

"Oh yeah, the blood thing. How did you figure out all that stuff about the lizard carcasses and the scouts dude?"

Dimmer just smiled, "ah ah ah, it's a seeeecret."

"Your downfall dude. You couldn't keep a secret if your life depended on it. Now give!"

"well… ummm… but…"

"Give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, GIVE!"

"Alright, alright, ALRIGHT! Just shut up! Jeez man."

Chad arced his eyebrow as he took a seat on the couch there, and Dimmer took a seat in recliner across from him. "Sooo…..?"

"Fine…."

INSERT ONE EXPLANATION HERE!

"So you can turn into a super guy by holding a dagger that puts you through hell and back before giving you power, and you only did it once in real life and once in a dream?"

"Ummm… yup that pretty much sums it up."

"Dude? That is cool, did you bring the dagger?"

"Mm hmm, after all if I'm gonna be a super hero, I thought I should probably be prepared in case it needs me."

"How do you know when it needs you?"

"Probably gets that aura deal that went on before that made me all nauseous and stuff."

"Dude! Let's see it."

Dimmer took the dagger out of his bag he brought with him, and laid it on the coffee table in front of them. It's swiveled dark blade wining its way sown to the gold glinting off the hilt.

"Dude you're right. It even looks evil."

"No shit."

"Well than dude, I won't blab your secret as long as you do one thing for me."

"And what's that?"

"I want you to contact me whenever you're about to go do your thing. Don't worry I'm gonna stay far away from the fight. I just want to know."

"Well, alright as long as you stay the hell away from there. I don't want you into this you got that?"

"Hey I just said, didn't I? We got a deal? Shake on it." Chad leaned over and put out his hand.

Dimmer looked at the outstretched hand thoughtfully. It don't sound like he's playing on anything, and he may help as an alibi to where me and Rei went during Negaverse battles to Sensei. "Alright, you got yourself a deal." He reached out and took Chad's hand.

"Alright lets get this deal straight. Whenever you transform I'll know right?"

"Right."

They shook hands twice over the black bladed dagger laying on the coffee table, when the dagger began to glow with a black light. It formed around the hands as they shook. Dimmer and Chad immediately tried to let go, but they found their hands were bound together, as tight as if their hands were in concrete. Finally it let their hands go free. They both took their hands back and looked them over to see if they were still the same.

"Uuuh… Chad? I could be wrong, but I think that deal was just sealed."

"No Shit. Okay, that was just freaky enough to make me tired. Your room's down the hall and to the right, I'm in the room to your left. Night dude."

"Night man, see ya in the morning."

Dimmer yawned as Chad went into the room. 'I should probably get to bed myself. Heh, maybe I'll get a whole night's sleep for once." Dimmer got up, stretched and for once had a peaceful night's sleep. He didn't notice the dagger he left on the coffee table start glowing.

Next morning

Dimmer was having the life shaken out of him as per usual mornings. With what little sleep he got the temple residents have come to start shaking him by the scruff of his neck to get him up. He had looked around to familiarize himself with his surroundings before realizing where he was.

"Come on Dude! Wake up! I want to take you out to the shooting range today. After that we can train, and than practice for the gig next week."

"Jeez Chad, certainly got the day planned out don't cha?"

"Yes, now get up! I'm getting breakfast together now."

"Alright, alright I'm up." Dimmer yawned and stretched before getting up to do his morning exorcises. By the time Chad came back to tell him his breakfast was ready, he was about to hit the shower.

"Oh no you don't get out there and eat, take your shower after."

"Heh, fine by me, where's the grub?"

"Living room, Come on, I rented grand theft auto 3 from that place you work."

"Wick~ed!"

Dimmer went to grab his breakfast and Chad snuck into the washroom behind him.

"Hey!"

"Your loss, my gain. Go eat."

Dimmer grumbled as he walked by the table grabbed the food, tilted up the plate and swallowed it all in a single gulp. He than went back to the washroom door and waited. Chad walked out the door and ducked the incoming kick, than flipped away from Dimmer's onslaught. Dimmer walked in the washroom and slammed the door behind him as Chad laughed and walked to the kitchen to grab a snack. He opened the cupboard, the orange glow of hundreds of bags of cheesy poofs made his eyes start to water as he took one out.

In the shower Dimmer stopped. His eyes opened wide. He was washed and dressed in less than two seconds. Chad turned around to see a dripping wet Dimmer in a fighter's stance before him.

"Your senses grow strong! But your fighting abilities are still equal to my own! You will not have them Dimmer! They are mine!'

"Not for long Chad, not for long. Yah!"

The two fighters fought bravely, when a black glow started surrounding Dimmer. He was getting faster, much faster. Chad was now on complete defense trying to dodge Dimmer's moves. He pushed up on one of Dimmer's punches slammed both hands hard into Dimmer's chest and flipped away. To his surprise, Dimmer wasn't even pushed back by the blow, and the black aura formed into a trench coat and scarf. Still he kept coming, a strong kick while flipping sent Chad out the back door and into his yard. Dimmer was holding the bag of cheesy poofs with his teeth. Chad got up and ran at him, and was simply thrown into his own garage, as a black, dressy cowboy hat formed around Dimmer's, or now Sundown's head. He pulled down his scarf and opened the bag of cheesy poofs, when something buzzed by and took the bag with it. Sundown looked toward the tree where the bag of cheesy poofs now hung by a dart. He looked back over in the direction of the garage. Chad was there, and he was holding a dart gun, and wearing a bright vase colored trench coat of his own, and a large rifle strapped to his back.

"So, your stronger and quicker in that form huh? I still will not let you get the cheesy poofs so easily."

Sundown smiled. You could always count on Chad to make things interesting. He charged, but was forced back as two pistols came out of Chad's sleeves and started pounding bullets into him. The bullets felt like very strong kicks, but having 16 strong kicks to block can still keep one busy. Chad ran out of ammo, and Sundown took this chance to charge again. To his surprise Chad charged as well. Chad managed to duck the initial blow, and came up with an uppercut. Sundown simply smiled letting Chad hit him, just to let Chad know what he was up against. He would hardly feel one of Chad's normal punches, but Chad had a surprise. Chad pulled the trigger of the sawed off shotgun he had hiding in his sleeve. This sent Sundown flying into the air, where Chad, who had taken out two uzzi's, pelted him with magazine rounds.

Sundown came down in a heap. "I've underestimated him. But not again!" Sundown pulled out his dagger, and it quickly formed into a sword. Chad was firing again. Putting Sundown on a defensive. Sundown's mind clouded over into a silent darkness, he was still dodging most of the bullets, but there were still ones that hit,. The silence and darkness grew welling up inside of him until he felt he was ready to burst. He needed something he needed… needed…

He needed release! His eyes sparkled in sudden clarity.

"Daaarrk, pooooweeeeerrr, REEEEEELEAAAAAAASE!"

Out of his sword came a black energy ball, and the power he was holding was released into it. It disintegrated the bullets from the uzzi's and flew straight at Chad.

"Oh shit!"

Chad grabbed the large rifle on his back and jumped back as he pumped explosive rounds into the ki-ball. They were slowing it down, but not stopping it. So he flicked a switch on the rifle and from the lower barrel came a grenade. An explosion ensued and when the dust cleared, Two battered opponents stood in ready stances.

Once again Sundown charged.

Chad took out the now reloaded pistols and began firing. Sundown let out another Ki-blast, and Chad sent out another grenade he pulled from under his coat. Another explosion, but to his surprise Chad saw Sundown come right through it.

"Amazing" he thought, "He ran into the middle of the explosion and the chi blast and he's still standing."

Sundown brought his fist up into Chad's stomach leaving Chad bent over in pain. Chad smiled as the world blurred from the pain. Despite being human, and only human, he still managed to put up a fight to his sparring partner. He lost consciousness, a smile on his face from his last thought.

Sundown's aura slid back into the dagger that had come from no where, and now lay safely in its sheath at Dimmer's waist. Dimmer slowly set his friend down as astonishment set in. People really were able to hold off the Negaverse. He smiled to himself. Chad just proved it. The girls didn't have to be the only ones who had to fight. He walked over to the tree where the cheesy poofs hung, grabbed a handful, and put the half-full bag by his unconscious friend. He wondered what had happened. Did he get too into the fight? Had he summoned the knife somehow?

Dimmer came to the conclusion that to get into the fight that much, would summon the dagger to him, and force him into being Sundown.

"Well good. It'd kinda be suspicious if I carried this around with me all the time." He patted the dagger at his side. "Don't think Miss. Grant would appreciate me bringing it to class with the kids anyway."
A nauseous feeling came over Dimmer. He felt the darkness start trying to seep in through his skin. "The girls!" he thought, and immediately allowed the darkness to form. It was mid-morning, and Sundown had appeared twice.

"Ever get the feeling that it's gonna be a long day?" Sundown asked to himself as he sped down the high ways with giant leaps. He had no idea about how right he was.

"Greg!" Sailor Mercury yelled as the young boy who had changed into the monster attacked Sailor Jupiter and Mars. "Zoicite! Let him go!"

"Sorry Sailor brats! Talenite! You sniveling coward, take this back to Queen Beryl at once. You're useless as you are now."

She watched an incredibly scared stiff Talenite catch the crystal she had thrown to him. He smiled gratefully and all but took off at full speed into the portal he had made. Zoicite smirked. Talenite was very useful, well at least his mind was. He had come up with the perfect plan after his spies had seen Sailor Mercury getting close to the crystal bearer. But he begged not to be brought along to the fight. She couldn't understand why. He had probably some of the best battle tactics she had ever heard of, but he didn't want to be anywhere near the battle. As he was, he was just giving the Negaverse a bad name.

She smiled looking down at the fight. Sailor Moon was attacked earlier before she could come to help, outnumbered nine to one by Talenite's lizards, Tuxedo Mask, as expected showed up to help out. They were still fighting in an alley not too far away. Meanwhile these Sailor Scouts had now to gauge their attacks for fear of hurting their friend who had become the monster.

Mercury looked on with horror; her fog could hardly do anything against this monster. He seemed to have a more powerful version of Greg's power. He could tell where they were in spite of the fog, and he could always seem to tell what it was they were going to do next. In short, they were getting beaten within an inch of their lives.

"Mars fire IG…" During the middle of her attack Mars saw only enough of the clawed hand coming towards her that she wouldn't have time to complete it. She wouldn't stop though. She had to get some kind of hit on him friend or no. He was just too fast; they had to slow him down somehow. If she managed to get this attack off by taking the hit, it might just be able to slow him down. "NITE!"

The beast called out in horrible pain, and she could smell burnt flesh, but the pain she had been expecting had not come. "Mercury, clear the fog! I can't see what it happened!". Quickly Mercury did as told.

There stuck in the wall was the monster's arm, it was pinned there by a familiar black swiveled blade. With its other arm it reached out and pulled the sword out. It looked at it curiously for a second when some kind of reaction from the sword blew it back against one of the cars.

The civilians had all run from the intersection they had started the fight in long ago. Once again the streets were to be destroyed in the battles against the Negaverse, but this time there was no mistaking the Scouts as some movie scene taking place, or some kind of publicity stunt. Their battles across town, the evidence, and police admission had made front page news that morning, and after seeing the fight in the busy intersection, no one was left around. Accept an over zealous photojournalist.

The sword, seemingly with a mind of its own, spun back up to the hand that had thrown it.

"So... you're this Sundown Talenite keeps whining about?"

Sundown's eyes smiled underneath his hat as he held up Talenite tied up in telephone wire that just happened to be hanging around. "You might soon be able to tell why he is so disturbed by me. This looks kinda valuable so I thought I might keep it. Don't mind do you?" He held a crystal up between his thumb and index finger. Than it disappeared beneath his trenchcoat.

"Why you! Give that back!" Zoicite jumped toward him, anger rushing her forward. Sundown brought his sword down ready to strike or counterstrike when a rose came out of no where to skim by Zoicite's face. She stopped her charge to wipe the blood off her face. She stared down in shock at her own blood smeared on her gloved hand. The rose continued towards Sundown who just stepped around it, letting it barely catch his coat

Sundown scowled at the man in a black cape and top hat. "Do you realize how very rude it is to interrupt a fight like that."

"I'm sorry my fellow dark dressed friend. And for more than just interrupting you and your fight. But apologies and introductions can come later; you should not be so quick to attack those who look like monsters any more. This particular one was once human; the Negaverse turned him into this.

Sundown looked at Talenite, who nodded his head almost imperceptibly. "Then how do we defeat it?"

Tuxedo Mask just looked to Sailor Moon who was already in the process of healing Greg with her scepter. After turning back into the boy He fell over in a heap.

"Forgetting someone?" interrupted a very annoyed voice from above. "You! masked man, the one who cut me! Dare you try your luck again?"

Jupiter spoke up. "Aren't you a little outnumbered Zoicite? I thought you'd be gone by now. Usually you Nega twerps are always gone after your monsters destroyed."

Zoicite looked down to count the four Sailor Scouts, Tuxedo Mask, and a stranger, of whom they knew nothing about. The scout was right. Even for her 6 to 1 odds weren't good. That means they got the crystal, Queen Beryl was going to be upset.

"Fine than scouts! I'll leave for now, but I'll be back for those crystals! Talenite! Come!" at that she made a portal back to the Negaverse.

Talenite, still tied up in telephone wire, got up, looked to Sundown, than made his own way to the Negaverse.

Sailor Moon looked to Tuxedo Mask and went sparkly eyed, "Oh! Tuxedo Mask! You saved me again! I would never have made it past those lizards if you didn't help!"

"Remember Sailor Moon. I look for the crystals too, I do not wish to make enemies of you scouts if I do not have to. When the time comes, I may have to take yours from you if our interests conflict. Beware scouts! I'll be back for the crystals as well."

He than jumped to the roof. He didn't realize he had Sundown hot on his trail. It was several rooftops later he realized when something grabbed onto his foot and slammed him into the top of the building he was over at the time.

"You threaten my friends and expect to leave so easily? What is this crystal?!" Sundown sounded furious, his voice came out more as growling than actual words, "Worried that your interests are different than the scouts? What exactly are your interests that those girls down there might not want to help you?! You better give me some answers Monkey-suit boy, or I'm gonna stick that cane of yours up your hole sideways! Now spill it!"

Tuxedo mask pulled a rose from nowhere and hurled it at Sundown, who caught it, barely stopping from being buried in his face. Tuxedo Mask used it as a distraction to get out of Sundown's hold on his foot and somersault backward to his feet. He smiled, "Sorry Mr. "Dimmer," But my secrets are my own. I don't know who you are, or where you're from, your reason for hanging around the scouts are just as much a mystery to me as mine is to you. Why don't we leave it at that."

"Oh NO! DARIEN, knows my name! What ever shall I do? You think that horrible looking monkey suit stops me from recognizing you? At least "I" where a scarf! Jeez! You're as bad as the scouts!"

"You know who the scouts are?"

Sundown took off his hat before, SLAMMING his hand into his forehead. "Never mind, it doesn't matter Monkey boy. I don't care who you are, just your reasons for threatening the scouts."

Tuxedo Mask was still getting over the shock of what exactly this Dimmer knew about him or might know about him. All Darien knew about Dimmer was he was a friend with Serena and her friends, and that he lived at the temple studying martial arts.

"It's not a threat, it's a fair warning. I don't wish to fight them, but the future is unpredictable. I cannot allow her to be imprisoned!" The dreams came back to him in a sudden torrent. The Moon Princess calling for him. Pleading to him to free her, to help her. He looked away from Sundown who had narrowed his eyes.

Inside Sundown's head thoughts were rebounding back and forth. This man had someone to rescue? Did he not think the girls would help him? He had warned them, that was honorable enough in Sundown's eyes. But that is only an honorable thing for an enemy to do. Did that make him an enemy? But he had helped Serena earlier, he remembered her saying so, probably against more of Talenite's lizards, and what was that flash of light over further among the chimneys a few rooftops away?

He smiled, as he realized what it must be. He wondered how he made it, but he did. He had no idea how or why. Maybe it had something to do with their agreement. Finally he spoke, taking his hand off the hilt of his dagger.

"Very well Monkey boy, your secret's safe with me. I won't tell anyone your real name. And you can tell anyone you want mine if you wish, maybe they'll pay attention to you… Anyhow don't threaten the girls anymore about the future. We'll find out soon enough when it comes. Besides up here the fight between us is uneven and unfair to you."

"What do you mean?" Darien was beginning to dislike this Sundown, "Is he so arrogant that he thinks that I don't have a chance?"

Sundown pointed his hand like a gun pointed straight at Darien, than over to some flowerpot someone had put on the roof for it to get some sun. Sundown gestured as if he shot it, and a real gunshot sounded of from the direction Sundown was looking earlier. The flowerpot exploded. "You see, Monkey boy? I am not alone" Than Sundown jumped away towards where the shot had come from.

Tuxedo Mask smashed his fist into the roof.

" "I" just recently found out who I was, how did this guy figure it out so easily?" He stood up watching Sundown jump from building to building towards the place where the shot was fired.

"A sniper?" He thought, "Well whatever works."

He had to hand it to the guy, he was good. He remembered watching him fight the lizards with the scouts behind him when he first showed up, he obviously had information on all his friends, that was something he himself lacked. Not to mention he seemed to have no secrets to hold him to. A guy like that was dangerous. Darien smiled, glad he's more than likely on my side.

"I'll have to ask Serena about his real identity, they seemed on friendly terms despite her little tantrum in the shop."

"Oh yeah!" He heard being yelled from a couple of buildings away "Lose the top hat! It looks damn stupid!"

"Chad? Are you okay?"

Chad sat on the roof still wearing the light vase trench coat from earlier, only now sporting some spiffy yellow lensed specs too. He was packing away his rifle, "Sure Dim, nothing seen me all the way over here. Why?"

"Cause I'm gonna KILL YOU!"

"Hey! Hold on Dude! I said I'd stay far from the battles if I could help it remember? I didn't say anything about not joining in."

"Do you realize you could've been killed?"

"Yeah, but I also realize you could've been killed, and so could that funky dude with the cape and monkey suit. I want to help Dim, and not you or anyone else is going to stop me. Now I know whenever you transform, nobody can."

"Wait, hold a sec. How'd you know where I was, and what told you I transformed?"

"Remember our sealed deal? Seems your dagger keeps it even if you won't."

"Hey man you were unconscious what was I supposed to do? Still, how did you find me? And how'd you get here so quick?"

"Finding you was simple. I just went towards where the feeling I got from you transforming was the strongest, as for how I got here?" he gestured behind him with his thumb. There sat the Harley still running.

"I'm not going to lie to ya Chad, I don't like this idea of yours."

"Not much you can do about it Dimmer, it's either I got your back with your permission, or I got your back, by going behind your back. Now what's it going to be?"

"At least if you do it to my face, I'll know where you are in case you need help. I got one condition though."

"Depends on what it is."

"It's reasonable man. I want some kind of undetectable receiver, so you can talk to me and I can talk back, in case you need help."

"Those are hard to come by Dim."

"If you can find hardware like what you got now, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll see if any of my friends on the streets know anything, you keep an ear out through your connections at the bars. I don't want you followin' 'til ya got that radio, alright?"

"Okay Dimmer, that's reasonable enough"

"And stop calling me Dimmer when I'm transformed. Call me Sundown.

"Okay than, let's see... call meee.... Daybreak."

"That is waaaay too corny.... I like it."

"You know Di... uh sorry, Sundown, you look a lot more intimidating than you sound like that, you should try to fit your role better." It was as simple as saying that and the mood shifted to a cold and much more somber one that sent shivers up and down Chad's spine.

"No Chad, I fit this role better than you can believe." Sundown's voice sank to more a growl than somebody's voice, "Just be glad you are not on my bad side."

Meanwhile

Mercury ran over to help the fallen Greg up. He smiled. "Amy?"

She was shocked to say the least. This was now two near strangers that had been able to sense who she was. Did that mean Dimmer was a crystal bearer too?

"This is not how this was supposed to happen."

"What do you mean Greg?"

"I've seen this before. How it was supposed to happen... this isn't it, Amy. Something has changed the course of history and our future."

"Greg what are you saying?"

He simply smiled. "Our fates have changed, Amy." He looked down at his damaged arm. "This is proof of that. And it is somehow connected to… You" Greg pointed toward Sailor Mars. Everyone looked up in surprise.

"Wha…? How can this be?" Sailor Moon was confused… again… " Sailor Mars?"

"Don't look at me. I don't know what he's talking about."

"No Rei... Yes I know your name too, though I am not supposed to. Not just you. Who... Who was that young man with the sword and hat? I... I've never seen him before."

"We don't know ourselves Greg, he just showed up" Sailor Mercury had tears in her eyes. "Forget that for now, you've been through a lot already today, just rest. We can talk when you're well."

Greg simply smiled at Amy, "You're right as usual Amy. Later, we can discuss this… later." At that he drifted off to sleep, leaving the scouts to ponder his words and try to comprehend their meaning. They agreed to get him to the temple and dress his wounds until he woke up and could tell them more.

All the way home Rei could feel the eyes of the other scouts on her back. She couldn't blame them. She had changed fate, but how? What did she do? Did it have to do with all these questions she was thinking of lately? Stupid Dimmer. It was him getting her into those games and the conversation home that night weeks ago that got her wondering about these things.

She smiled, "Well" she thought, "If anyone could change the shape of fate itself, I'm not surprised it probably had something to do with him. Three jobs, chores, martial arts training, learning languages, amnesia, insomnia and he does it all with that stupid smile slapped onto his face. The fact is the only time I can remember seeing him angry was when he was faking it for our sakes in the chocolate shop."

Rei sighed.

"Now because of him, I'm changing fate." She knew it was hardly his fault, she wanted to know what he thought that day, and he was trying to comfort her. She just needed someone to blame right than, while everyone else was blaming her. Quietly she said to herself out loud, "Dimmer, If I find out you've changed my fate..." She thought for a second of no longer just being Serena's sidekick and changed what she was about to say,

"I'll kiss you."

Endnotes: Fates a'changin'… We having fun yet? Read & Review, tell me what you think.