Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Elemental ❯ practice for shigeru! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Elemental

A/N: Okay, chapter five is here! The answers to what the hell was Lafiel talking about earlier will be answered! This will also be the chapter where you get to actually learn something about Rando's close buddy. You're probably thinking…FINALLY! Anyways, I don't own YuYu Hakusho. And the animes mentioned in chapter four aren't mine: Inuyasha, Gravitation, and Fruits Basket. Just three of the coolest animes and mangas I have ever read!

Quote to follow up with the previous chapter quote: I took it without borrowing! (the ever popular ayames_girl! Just made it up while writing a gravitation story. As soon as she gets it up, read it! It's funny!)

Chapter Five - Practice for Shigeru!

It was quiet…too quiet for a room full of men.

Kuwabara sat at the table in the middle of the room, his head down. Hiei and Yusuke were leaning on opposite walls, Hiei with his eyes closed, and Yusuke staring at the floor, a depressed look on his face. Kurama sat on a couch, reading a magazine.

Shigeru poked Lafiel, after staring at the men for about five minutes.

Mimiru and Shizuo were behind the other three, purposely trying not to attract attention.

Crystal was staring at Kurama, practically drooling.

"Why did we stop?" Shigeru whispered to Lafiel.

Shizuo dared a peek and saw Hiei and Kurama look up at them. She gasped. She didn't know Kurama was in there!

"KURAMA!" she shouted, making everyone jump. She pushed passed her sisters and into the room.

Kurama set the magazine down, and put his hands up, trying to get Shizuo to stop. "Please, stop, Shizuo!" He jumped out of the way before she hit the couch, face first.

"Ow," she mumbled, picking herself up. Kurama stepped forward, seeing if she was all right.

"Kurama?" Crystal whispered to herself. She smiled. "I like!"

Kuwabara jumped awake. He glared at Shizuo. "What's the deal?" he shouted.

Shizuo closed her eyes and looked away from him. "I don't talk to fashionably strange people," she said.

Kuwabara let his head fall back on the table with a `thud'. Shizuo looked at him. "Whatever," he grumbled. He quickly fell back asleep, drool flowing from his mouth.

"EEWW!" Shizuo shrieked. She turned from him and gagged.

Mimiru sighed, and looked at Yusuke. She decided to walk in the room, thinking it was safe to converse with the men some more. She walked to Yusuke, leaving Lafiel staring after her, Crystal drooling over Kurama, and Shigeru shaking in annoyance.

"Hey! Can we go practice?" she shouted to no one in particular. Everyone ignored her.

"Yusuke, what's wrong?" Mimiru asked. She leaned on the wall next to him.

Yusuke looked up to Mimiru. He stared blankly at her, then smiled. "Nothing! I'm perfectly fine!"

---

Shigeru pranced to the practice arena, literally. She was the first one in the middle of the ring. She examined each and every person that had followed her.

"Okay, who's first?" she asked. She pointed at Kuwabara, who was still half way asleep. "How about you?"

Kuwabara yawned. "Whatever."

"NO! I want the opportunity to kick his sorry little ass!" Shizuo yelled.

Kuwabara opened his eyes wide. "HEY! Who said you could do that? I could easily whip your tail if - "

"If you only fought girls…" Yusuke said.

Mimiru looked at him. She could see through his fake smile. She wanted to know what was bugging him so. He looked like someone who had just got wind that a close family member has died or something. She would know what that look looked like. She gave that look many a time when she found out her parents were dead.

Lafiel also looked at Yusuke, but quickly looked away.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Shizuo and Shigeru shrieked.

"I just don't find it fair to fight a girl," Kuwabara said.

Shigeru looked at Yusuke.

"And I don't fight the little ones," he said.

Shigeru's face turned red. "Fine! If no one wants to fight me…" She took off her orb from her necklace. This was glittered brown. She threw down on the ground, and jumped back. "Earthquake!" she shouted.

The ground began shaking.

Lafiel scoffed. "Show off," she said.

Kurama watched as a brown and blue light lifted from the orb, and take a shape. He groaned, and his hand automatically went up to his forehead. "Another dragon?" he asked.

Lafiel looked at him. "Of course," she said. "We all have dragons."

"Let me guess, Mimiru has the water dragon, and Shizuo has the fire dragon?" Kurama asked.

"That is correct." She looked at his forehead. "You don't have a burned scar. He must've not hit you very hard."

"What?" He looked up. "Oh. Well, if not hitting me hard meant knocking me out, then it was a feather touch."

"It was," Lafiel said. "If Wildfire touches anything, it will burn."

"I can't imagine why not. It's a burning fireball."

Earthquake was a somewhat large dragon. It was a brownish color, but the wings were blue.

"Earthquake is the earth dragon," Lafiel said. "Why he has wings, no one knows. He never uses them. He much prefers to run and dig."

"What's your dragon?"

"I have the space dragon, though I am the element sky."

"Element?"

"That's right, element," Shigeru said. "Earth, fire, water, wind, and sky. However, Lafiel is the only one of us who doesn't have a dragon with a name that means something for her element, the sky. Her dragon is a space dragon, Meteor. The four of us older sisters weren't trusted with the strongest dragon, so she got it. I actually find it strange that Shizuo is trusted with fire."

"She doesn't seem responsible with it, to me," Kuwabara said.

Shizuo punched his arm. "Don't talk," she said.

"Okay, we're getting bored here," Crystal said to Shigeru. "Why don't you show our new friends what you can do, Earthquake."

Earthquake looked at Crystal, and then at Shigeru, who nodded. "We can't do the ultimate attack, so let's just start with some easy ones." Earthquake nodded. "Let's start with Growth of Forest!"

Earthquake stomped on the ground, and immediately trees and bushes began sprouting from the ground. Earthquake and Shigeru were hidden.

"Growth of Forest allows Shigeru to run and hide," Mimiru said. "Perfect for her, if you ask me."

"Hey, Kurama," Yusuke said. "It's just like you."

"Fissure!" Shigeru shouted from the forest. Earthquake lifted his head, and roared. The ground began shaking all over, and the ground split in the arena, sending all the vegetation tumbling down the fissure.

Shigeru was on Earthquake's back, holding a staff made from bamboo. "Anyone wanna take me on yet?"

"Why? You're obviously doing a wonderful job on your own," Hiei said.

"I was just about to say that!" Shizuo said. "Get out of my head!" She held her head between her hands, pressing hard.

Shigeru growled. "Good job, Earthquake. You can come back now. No one wants to fight us." Earthquake looked down, and changed into an orb. Shigeru put her bamboo staff in a pack she had on her back. She got off the arena platform, and sighed. She found a wall, and leaned against it. `Why doesn't anyone take me seriously?' she asked herself.

She looked up as she heard Shizuo yelling at Kuwabara again, and smiled. She loved her sisters. Shizuo and Mimiru always stuck together, no matter what. Well, maybe that was only because Koenma made Mimiru stay with Shizuo, so, just in case Shizuo starts a fire, Mimiru would be there to put it out.

She and Lafiel used to stick together all the time, until their parents died. Ever since then, Lafiel was more distant than ever. Lafiel used to smile and have fun. But now, she just scowls and ruins the fun. For a twelve-year-old, that was acting pretty old.

Shigeru had fun with Crystal. Crystal was the oldest, so she had much more to worry about. Even though Crystal wasn't very smart, she was good with dealing with problems, and making people smile. She says that it was in her nature, which always made Shigeru laugh.

Now, Shigeru looked at Shizuo and Kuwabara argue, and she couldn't help but smile. He didn't want to fight girls, because he thought it would be unfair, or something like that. And, especially for her, because she was at least eight to nine years younger than he was. But even so, she would still kick his butt!

Yusuke was a mystery to her, as were the others. Yusuke had the look of someone who had suffered a lot in his lifetime. She could only imagine, though she's heard of him plenty of times. Yusuke Urameshi, spirit detective, Genkai's apprentice, champion of one of the Dark Tournaments. Was there nothing he couldn't do?

Kurama was a nice man, she thought. Kind of quiet, but somehow, not. He seemed to have something to do with her attack Growth of Forest, but she didn't know what. And here she thought her element had somewhat original powers.

Hiei…now there was a scary guy! Guys with black hair send shivers up her spine for some reason. And his eyes…red eyes that seem to scowl every time they look at you. There's not much she knew about him, and she wasn't sure she wanted to know him anymore than she already did.

"So, who's next? Me? Who wants to fight me?"

Shizuo, always the loud one.

"I guess we can enjoy a friendly fight."

Kurama, such the gentleman.

"All right, prepared to be toasted!"

"I don't think having a serious battle will help anything but injure us more than we need to be before the tournament starts."

"Oh, quit your whining."

"Are you ready?"

"Whatever! Get up here!"

~~

A/N: No qualities like Rando, not who you think, it's got a pet…and…she's a girl! Can you guess who? Bet not! Anyways, review, and I'll probably give you all a better clue next time, who knows? I might be nice and give you a really good clue! Buuuut….you have to review first!