Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Elemental ❯ its all your fault ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Elemental

A/N: Okay, I've finally decided that this is the chapter where some hard core fighting comes in. Actually, it's just sibling rivalry, and then someone gets in the way, and there might be some blood. I guess I'm in a violent mood right now. Okay, here's the quote:

Quote from the song that I used for this chapter: "If anyone won me over…in spite of me…and don't be alarmed if I fall…head over feet…and don't surprised if I love you…for all that you are…I couldn't help it…it's all your fault." I don't know who sings it, but I like this song and this chapter is based on this song.

All right, here's the ninth…no, tenth chapter of Elemental. Finally, I get some action into this thing! Have any of you noticed that one day has been nine chapters long? Sheesh, by this rate, it'll be the end of day two at chapter eighteen. I don't think I'll go that long, unless you want me to. It all depends on you!

Oh, yeah, and find out what happened to Crystal at the end of chapter 7…this is going to be a long chapter.

Chapter 10 - its all your fault

It had been at least five hours, meaning that they were flying for a long time. However, Shizuo didn't care. All she cared about was getting to Mimiru and Hiei. What were they doing that required them to be out all night, anyway? She could only think of one thing…and she didn't even know why she cared! She just met Hiei the day before, just like Crystal and Kurama, but Shizuo already felt jealousy towards the two.

Why did Hiei have to choose Mimiru? Sure, Shizuo and Hiei didn't exchange many words, but already, Shizuo felt some connection to him.

"Today," she said aloud to Wildfire, who was flying at eye shattering speed. "Today will be the day that fire will finally beat water."

~~

Earthquake was moving so swiftly, that he didn't see anything that he passed. He tried to catch up to Wildfire and Shizuo. By instinct, the dragons would be able to find each other, so following Wildfire while many miles behind him was a breeze for the ground dragon that almost never flew.

However, something made him stop suddenly. A cloud of dust rose up around him as he came to a halt. He didn't know what it was; it felt like a slight pull in his stomach, like it was begging him to return to where he came from. He knew what it meant; it meant that Shigeru was feeling weak already. Knowing that she was feeling weak because of him, he had no choice but to fly. He had to fly to catch up with Wildfire, and bring Shizuo back to the hotel, so he could be with Shigeru once again, and he would have completed his task.

Shigeru didn't ask him to bring back Shizuo, but he knew that was what she meant when she told him to follow her older sister. He knew everything about Shigeru; some would call the dragons the souls of the sisters.

He gathered up his strength, and took to the skies. He looked in the direction where Wildfire was going, and he saw it, slowly disappearing. Shizuo was angrier than ever now. He took one last look at where he came from, and continued on his way at maximum speed. He needed all his speed to catch up to the older dragon.

~~

"Are you sure he's going to like this?"

"Yeah. Now, keep pulling, yeah. Is it out yet?"

"Almost…*yelp*…okay, it's out."

Hiei looked down at the flower that Mimiru had pulled out of a wedge between two boulders.

"It looks good."

"Is that all of them? Or are there more?" Mimiru picked up the flower, and added it to a large collection she had going on. She and Hiei had been working since the previous day, collecting flowers that Hiei said that Yusuke would really like. She felt bad about his down mood, so she wanted to do something for him. However, she sometimes got the feeling that Hiei just wanted to use her for manual labor while he lounged back and gave the orders.

Hiei looked up at the sky. "That's all you'll get tonight. The sun is coming up."

Mimiru wiped a sweat drop from her brow, and added the new flower in a small vase she had been using to keep the flowers in. She got out her water bottle, and poured some more water into the vase.

Hiei watched her. "You know, you've been doing that every hour. Doesn't your water bottle ever get empty?"

"Of course it does!" Mimiru said. She put her water bottle back in the little pouch at her side. "It just refills itself back up when I put it in this little pouch."

Hiei nodded, but quickly snapped his head up to the sky. He thought he had heard a little rustle, but he could have been imagining it. However, when he saw a fireball fly towards Mimiru, he knew he didn't hear things.

Hiei yelled at Mimiru, and she caught sight of the fireball, jumping out of the way just before it hit her. Hiei jumped out of the way of the fireball as well.

"What the hell?" Hiei growled.

"What are you doing?" Mimiru screamed. She set the flower vase down, and called out Typhoon. He stood next to her as Shizuo came out from behind the bushes just a few feet away; everything around her burning as Wildfire came into view.

The two unsuspecting people looked at Shizuo fearfully. Mimiru had never seen Shizuo like this, and Hiei didn't know that such a carefree person could harbor so much anger to look like she did.

~~

Lafiel ran to Crystal's hotel room, and pounded on the door, screaming for her. Five minutes passed, and Crystal finally opened the door, wearing a silky green robe.

"What do you want?" Crystal asked. "I'm busy!"

"Shigeru won't wake up!" Lafiel shouted.

Crystal groaned. She turned around. "I'll be right back," she called. She followed Lafiel out of her room, shut her door, and ran after her.

Lafiel opened the door to her hotel room, and Crystal groaned when she saw Shigeru lying on her bed, without a blanket, like she was pushed on the bed. She was on her back, her legs half way off the bed; her arms lay out by her head, and her hair was in a mess around her.

Crystal walked up to her, and looked at her necklace, and gasped.

"Where's her orb?" Crystal demanded.

Lafiel sighed of relief. "She's just missing Earthquake, it's okay."

"Did you talk to Mimiru or Shizuo at all?"

"Come to think of it, Mimiru didn't come home last night, and Shizuo just left at midnight exactly."

"Why would they do that?"

Lafiel shrugged.

"You're the psychic! Tell me!"

Lafiel sighed. "Shizuo left to go find Mimiru and Hiei. When she does, she plans on beating Mimiru. Shigeru didn't know that, but she sent Earthquake out to follow Shizuo."

"But, she knows about the bond we have with our dragons. Why would she do that? Lafiel, go get Earthquake, and stop Shizuo from fighting Mimiru. You know how Shizuo gets when she gets angry."

"She's angry because-"

"I don't want to know. GO!"

Lafiel walked outside, and closed the door. Crystal looked at Shigeru, and then at the closed door. She ran to the door, swung it open, and yelled at Lafiel. "I do want to know!"

However, Lafiel was already gone.

"Damn it."

~~

"Shizuo! What are you doing?" Mimiru took out her sword, and her clothing changed. She wore a long light blue dress that rippled at the hem.

Shizuo had already taken out her sword, and her clothing was of a loose sweater that reached just above her stomach. Her skirt fell all the way to the ground, and rippled like Mimiru's dress. The color of her sweater and skirt was a dark fire red. She held out her sword, which was engulfed by flames.

Mimiru's sword had raindrops on the handle. The blade was light blue, and glittering raindrops decorated the blade.

Hiei stayed as far from the two as he could, not wanting to get mixed up in a battle that looked as deadly as this. Mimiru looked like she had the upper hand, but she was terrified, that was what would lead to her down fall. Shizuo looked so angry, there was fire in her eyes.

Wildfire also reflected Shizuo's anger. He was larger than ever, and his flames were catching fire to anything he touched.

"Make a Ring of Fire around us, Wildfire," Shizuo rasped.

Wildfire lifted his head, and blew fire from his mouth. It quickly formed a circle around Shizuo and Mimiru.

Before Mimiru could order anything to Typhoon, Shizuo charged at her. Mimiru jumped out of the way.

"What's wrong, Shizuo?" Mimiru pleaded. "Please, tell me! I don't want to hurt you."

Shizuo slowly turned to Mimiru. "You already did." She charged at Mimiru again, but with such speed that Mimiru didn't have time to jump away. The only option Mimiru had was to block, but that didn't do too well.

Shizuo's sword burst into flames at contact with Mimiru's sword, scorching Mimiru's skin. Mimiru screamed, and found the strength to push Shizuo off her.

"Typhoon! Rainstorm!" she yelled quickly.

Typhoon hesitated, but lifted his head regardless. His job was to protect his master, whether it meant putting her sister and her dragon in danger. However, before he could do anything, Hiei stopped him.

"Let me handle this. You know you'll kill her if you give a rainstorm."

Typhoon looked at Mimiru.

Hiei jumped into the ring, his sword drawn. He faced Shizuo.

"What the hell is going on, Shizuo?" he asked.

Shizuo stopped, and stared blankly at Hiei.

Mimiru saw that Wildfire was calming down a bit. She turned back to Hiei. "Keep talking to her!"

"You would never do this to your own sister. You don't even know why you're doing this."

"Yes I do." Shizuo raised her sword at Hiei. "Hiei, if you don't move, I'll have to cut through you to get to her."

"What did she do to you?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, it does! If she knew what she did, then she could fix it. If you keep it hidden, it will only end up as a disaster for you and your sisters. Didn't you tell me that your family was killed, and you only had your sisters? You're going to throw all that away?"

"I warned you, Hiei." Shizuo charged at Hiei, her sword straightforward. Hiei jumped out of Shizuo's way, and Mimiru threw her water bottle at Shizuo.

Shizuo dropped her sword immediately. She began to quickly wipe off the water, screaming bloody murder. Wildfire began roaring, and scratching his nose.

"Temperature rise!" Shizuo screamed. The temperature began to rise to boiling point, drying the water droplets on Shizuo's body. Mimiru and Hiei dropped to the ground at the amazing heat. Shizuo bent down and painfully grabbed her sword. There were scorches all over her body, blood surfacing itself on her skin.

"Temperature…decrease…" Mimiru rasped. The temperature slowly began to decrease, by the cause of Mimiru's health. If she were any healthier, the temperature would decrease much more quickly.

Hiei growled and stood up, his shirt scorched off his torso. He glared at Shizuo, who stood in front of Wildfire, glaring right back.

~~

Kurama and Crystal sat in the bed.

"Do you remember how I saved your life?" Kurama asked Crystal.

"You didn't save me, I saved me," Crystal said, confused.

"Let me just live my dream world-"

"When I fell, I saw Wildfire coming for me, but you screamed, saying that I'll be burned. And I thought, `Hmm, good thinking. I don't think I want to be burned.' So, I brought out Hurricane, and I was safe. All you did was tell Wildfire not to rescue me because then I would have been burned."

"Thanks for letting me live in my own dream world."

"No problem.

~~

Earthquake saw a small fire in a small section, and he knew that was where he had to go. He also saw Wildfire, at least ten feet high. Shizuo was pissed.

He flapped his wings, and flew as quickly as he could to the fire.

~~

Hiei tore off the rest of his shirt, which wasn't very much. He held out his sword to Shizuo. "If you have to kill someone, kill me. I don't know why you want to kill your sister, but don't."

Shizuo let her arm drop. "You really do love her, don't you?" she asked. Wildfire slowly began decreasing in size, his head held down. Shizuo's eyes began tearing up. "I was hoping that what I saw earlier was just a coincidence!" Wildfire began growing once more. "But then, when I awoke to find that you two had run away together, I knew that it was true! It was all true! Now I find that you're willing to risk your life for her!" She held up her sword, and Wildfire stepped into the Ring of Fire.

"What are you talking about?" Hiei asked, bewildered. "I just don't want you to ruin your family."

"I don't care what you want anymore!"

"Shigeru told me all about how you and Mimiru are inseparable. I don't want you to ruin that."

Mimiru had backed up to Typhoon, her eyes tearing up. What did Shizuo think? That she and Hiei were in love? That was preposterous! Why would she love someone who she's just met the day before, and she didn't even like him all that much? That was it. Shizuo thought that Mimiru and Hiei were screwing around.

"Hiei! Whatever you do, don't kill her! She's just misunderstood!" Mimiru yelled.

Shizuo glared at her. "Don't think you're out of the bag yet!"

"Shizuo! Your fight is with me!"

"Hiei, as much as I love you, you don't know how much I would enjoy throttling you."

Hiei and Mimiru did a double take on that. However, Hiei didn't have time to think about what was just said, as Shizuo had already started the fight. Shizuo swung her sword at him, but he blocked. But when the two swords collided, it engulfed the two in flames. Shizuo was amazed that he wasn't scorched by her flames.

"What?" she muttered to herself. "How is this possible?"

"There is something you don't know about me, Shizuo," Hiei said as he pushed Shizuo off him.

Shizuo stood in the middle of the ring, and stared at him. He walked closer to her; little balls of fire surrounding him. She looked at him, bewildered. What did this mean? He was immune to her Sword of Flames, and now he had little fireballs surrounding him. What was he?

Shizuo was so lost in thought, that she didn't realize that he sent a fireball straight at her. It hit her chest with full force. She was pushed back, and she fell backwards. She looked at Hiei, still bewildered at what he was.

Wildfire immediately sent fire soaring towards Hiei. Hiei, however, blocked the fire, still staring at Shizuo, who was looking up at him from the ground.

She slowly stood up, signaling for Wildfire to stop. "What are you?" she asked.

"I am a fire demon," Hiei said.

~~

A/N: Right? Is that right? He's a fire demon? I know he's some sort of dragon thingy too. Right? Anyways, I'll just cut to the clue: The woman in chapter…eight? Or nine? Well, she will be of some significance after all! Okay, oh, and about the guy's name that I forgot…Kippei! Kippei the playboy who has to take care of his 5 year old cousin, who was left behind by his aunt, who disappeared. See, my memory isn't that bad, is it? Okay, leave another pretty little review, and I'll get chapter 11 up as soon as I can, k?