Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Elemental ❯ the observer ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Elemental

A/N: Hello! Okay, I'm going to cut this short, k? The woman will make an appearance in this chapter.

Quote: One who throws mud, gets dirtied himself. It's from Anonymous. I don't know who made it up; I just got it from my history teacher. That's one to think about.

I don't own YuYu Hakusho, but new and unrecognizable characters are mine, unless they aren't, then they aren't. However, I do know that the sisters, Caton, and the woman, are all mine. I don't think the woman has a name…or does she?

Chapter 11 - The Observer

"Why aren't you awake?"

"I don't have my dragon."

"What is your dragon?"

"Earth."

"Earth? Is he any powerful?"

"Oh, he is extremely powerful! Who are you?"

"I'm no one, just your conscience talking to you. Sleep peacefully, child."

~~

No one was in the room, giving her the impression that they thought she would be safe. How wrong they were.

She looked like a peaceful little girl, lying there, with her hair in a mess around her. She almost looked like Lafiel. Well, she heard that the two were twins.

However, she also looked weak. Without her dragon, she was vulnerable to any attack, especially in the state she was in now.

She smirked as a thought came to her. It was time to experiment.

~~

Earthquake had just appeared above the Ring of Fire when a sharp pain went through his body. He roared, and dropped. He fell in between Shizuo and Hiei.

Shizuo gasped as she saw the disruption. Earthquake just fallen out of nowhere!

"Wow, it's raining dragons…" she muttered to herself. However, she didn't find anything funny when she noticed Earthquake twitching in pain. She ran up to him, putting away her sword, Wildfire immediately going back to his size. "Earthquake!"

Mimiru ran up to the injured dragon as well.

Shizuo looked up to see Hiei looking at her. "Just think, if you were to kill Mimiru, how would you feel? Like you do now?"

Shizuo looked away and pushed him from her mind.

"Something is wrong," said a soft, calm voice behind Shizuo. Lafiel walked up to Earthquake. "Something is definitely wrong."

"What's wrong with him?" Shizuo demanded.

"And where the hell did you come from?" Mimiru muttered to herself, so only she heard.

Lafiel looked as worried as Shizuo and Mimiru. "I-I don't know!" she exclaimed, answering Shizuo's previous question.

The two other sisters gasped. Lafiel didn't know what was wrong with the dragon? She was the psychic! She was supposed to know!

Shizuo growled, and bounded up to Lafiel, wrapping her hands around her younger sister's neck. "WHY DON'T YOU KNOW? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW EVERYTHING!"

"Well, I can't concentrate when you're trying to strangling me," Lafiel said, calmly pulling Shizuo's hands off her neck. Shizuo was trying to strangle her, but Shizuo only so much as wrapped her hands around Lafiel's neck. She wasn't strong enough to actually pose a threat. Lafiel looked at Earthquake, and her eyes clouded over.

Shizuo stared at Lafiel, Mimiru smiled, somewhat, at Shizuo, and Hiei stared at Shizuo, no _expression on his face.

Shizuo sensed someone staring at her, so she looked up, only to find Hiei staring expressionless at her…so, she stared back, not knowing what was going on in his head.

There was something that he felt towards her. It wasn't anything special, only a small connection. He didn't know what it was. It was just like Mimiru reminded him of Yukina when he looked at her. But, when he looked at Shizuo, she reminded him of something else, though he didn't know what.

Shizuo suddenly got nervous, not knowing why she stared back at Hiei. She wanted to look away, but she couldn't tear herself from his red eyes. He was breathing heavily, most likely from attacking her earlier. Then, she remembered what he told her earlier, about how she would feel if she killed Mimiru, and she blocked him from her mind once again, putting all her attention on Lafiel. When, in truth, she'd feel much worse than now, because she would have been the one who had hurt one of her sisters. She didn't know what happened to her earlier, why she attacked Mimiru. The reason was cloudy.

~~

Kuwabara yawned as he stepped out of his room. It was a wonderful crispy morning, with birds chirping, people talking, and…a girl screaming as loud as she could in the room down the walkway from his, and he knew whose room it was, he just didn't know who was screaming.

He ran down towards the room. He knew that there was something going on in Shigeru's mind about him, but he chose to ignore it for now.

He arrived at the door, and knocked. "Shigeru? Lafiel? Are you two okay?" The screaming continued, accompanied with soft cries added in randomly. He knew it couldn't be good. He backed up against the railing, and ran to the door, his foot sticking out. He hit the door with a large force, but the door didn't budge, the screaming, however, was reduced to small soft cries. He knew he had disturbed something.

~~

"Shigeru is in pain!"

Shizuo and Mimiru gasped. "What?" They asked in unison.

Lafiel looked at Earthquake. "But someone is there to help her. A tall woman was hurting her."

"Who's helping her?" Mimiru asked.

"The tall red headed man."

"You mean big mouth?" Shizuo asked.

"Him."

"Kuwabara," Hiei said, looking at Lafiel.

"Yes."

"We have to get to her!" Shizuo cried. She began running around in circles, Wildfire watching her, also getting twitchy. "We have to hurry! Gotta get to little sister!" She ran to Wildfire, and jumped on his back.

Before Shizuo could take off, Mimiru stopped her. "Wait for us, Shizuo! We have to take Earthquake with us."

Shizuo and Wildfire looked expectantly at Lafiel, who sighed. She nodded. "Teleporting Earthquake to the hotel." With that said, she and Earthquake had vanished.

"Can I go now?" Shizuo asked Mimiru.

"Yes."

"Shizuo…" Hiei said, but Shizuo was long gone before he could finish.

Mimiru sighed, and got on Typhoon's back. He put the fires out, and Mimiru looked at Hiei expectantly. "Well? Aren't you coming?"

Hiei looked at her, and nodded.

~~

Kuwabara repeated his previous actions, and was successful in breaking the door down. As soon as the dust cleared from the door crashing on the floor, he wasn't that much surprised to see nothing. He took a few cautious steps into the room, and, at not seeing anyone, walked fully to the middle of the room.

"Shigeru?" Kuwabara saw her laying on her bed, breathing heavily, a pained look on her face. Someone was definitely in here. One can't just have spaz attacks like that in a nightmare. He kneeled beside her. She was only half way laying on the bed, giving him the impression that she either fell on the bed like that, or someone was definitely messing with her. He touched her forehead. She had a fever.

He stood up, and looked down at her. He sighed. Just then, he got a sudden feeling that he wasn't alone in the room, and about a second later, someone jumped on his back.

He flung the thing away, and was surprised to see a woman. She quickly stood up, like he hadn't even touched her at all. She smirked at him.

"You must be Kazuma," she said.

"Depends, who wants to know?" Kuwabara shot back.

The woman laughed. "Don't hide it from me. I know who you are. A little bird told me."

"Who?" Kuwabara looked down at Shigeru. Did she tell this stranger? "Who the hell are you?"

The woman sighed. "If you must know, my name is Tohru Honda." [A/N: Yes, the same Tohru Honda who is in Fruits Basket, but Fruits Basket has nothing to do with the story. Tohru is much more evil, and I think I'll like her in this story, because I now control her life…mwahahaha!]

Kuwabara sighed. "Isn't that a guy's name?"

Tohru glared. She jumped at him, and her fist connected with his face. It was so quick, he didn't even notice she hit him until she was back at her spot, about five feet away. She hit him with such a force; he flew back, into the wall that led to the restroom.

He got up, and looked at her, his eyes wide with curiosity. How had she managed to do that to him, and he didn't see her? Usually, he was able to see when someone was attacking him.

"You want to insult me again?" she growled.

Kuwabara glared at her, and opened his mouth to say something, but someone ran through the door just then.

"Kuwabara!" she yelled. It was Lafiel. "Get Shigeru out here, quick! Earthquake isn't allowed inside."

"What?" Tohru exclaimed. "Why did you bring her dragon here?"

Lafiel looked at her. She turned her body, so she fully facing Tohru. Her hand moved to the little pouch she had at her side, and held her hand there. Tohru saw what she was doing, and backed away.

"Fine," she said. "You have won this time. But, remember, Lafiel, I always make a comeback." With that, she disappeared in a dark blue mist.

Kuwabara looked at Lafiel, who had retreated her hand from her pouch, and was now looking at him.

"Must I ask you twice? Get her out here!"

Once they were outside, Earthquake looked up to where Shigeru was. Lafiel told Kuwabara to hold Shigeru up, but not to drop her, no matter how much force she will be taking in.

He did as he was told, and held her eye level to him. She slowly opened her eyes, and looked at him.

"Ca…" she murmured, before closing her eyes once again.

"Did you see that?" Kuwabara said, amazed.

"She is now only ten feet away from Earthquake. As soon as he reenters her body, she will only just be sleeping. She will be fine." Lafiel looked over the railing at Earthquake. "Now, Earthquake, with all your might, return to your master."

~~

He picked up his head immediately when he heard the door open, and then close. Lafiel stepped out of the room, looked him in the eyes, and walked up to him. "You did everything perfect. Kuwabara, she will be fine."

Shizuo looked around the balcony, and immediately was reminded of a hospital waiting room. Shigeru's sisters, Hiei, Kuwabara, Kurama, and Yusuke were all hanging around, silently, praying that Shigeru would be all right. Of course she would be, the sisters knew, this incident always happens, but the others didn't know, so they were there to comfort the guys…not in any bad way…

As soon as Lafiel said the words that Shigeru was going to be fine, everyone's shoulders were lifted, and the mood became happy.

While everyone was talking, Lafiel continued, but at a low voice, so only Kuwabara could hear her. "She has been asking for you, Kuwabara." With that said, Lafiel walked over to Shizuo, and he stared at the door that led to Shigeru's room. With a swift look around, to make sure no one was looking, he walked in.

Lafiel looked passed Shizuo as someone walked up to them.

"So, Crystal and Kurama were doing what? Gross!"

Lafiel looked at Shizuo, and left.

Shizuo scoffed. "How rude." She turned around to find someone else to talk to, and found one of the two people that she was trying to avoid since that morning. She jumped. "Uh, Hiei…"

"Shizuo…"

`Quick!' she yelled in her mind. `Think of some lame excuse to run away!' "I'm hungry," she said. She pushed him aside and walked to her room, slamming the door shut behind her.

Hiei looked after her, and shrugged. If she didn't want to talk to him, why should he care? It wasn't like he wanted her to know what was going on between him and Mimiru. He knew that she was jealous in thinking that he and Mimiru were together. He actually found it amusing, if Mimiru hadn't walked up behind him just then.

"Maybe you should go talk to her," Mimiru said.

Hiei looked at her. "Why not you? She is your sister, not mine."

"I don't think she would take kindly to what I have to say, even if it is to explain what was going on last night. I think she'd burn the hotel down."

Hiei sighed. "You're right. I'll go talk to her." And, he hoped that nothing would change his whole reason of being there.

~~

A/N: Okay, you've finally met the mysterious woman from that one chapter! Now, you will know that she important, because I made her. Anyways, please review for me, and I'll be happy and update the next chapter. By the way, she's very pushy! (that was supposed to be another hint. Which, I know didn't help very much, they're all pushy!)

…And I'm sorry that Hiei is kinda like he is in this story…don't worry! He's still an ass, he just hasn't shown it yet!