Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Elemental ❯ I'll Know ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Elemental

A/N: So, this will be one of my favorite chapters…you'll soon find out why! ^-~

Quote for the whole reason why I thought of this chapter! "I'll know when my love comes along, I won't take a chance. For all he'll be just what I need, not some cheap flyby Broadway romance. Until then, I shall wait, until then, I'll be strong. I'll know when my love comes along." From the wonderful Broadway musical: `Guys and Dolls'.

I'm a sucker for romance, what can I say? Well, I don't own YuYu Hakusho. I do, however, own the Elementals and their Dragons. Okay? Now, on with another love filled chappie!

Oh, and don't forget to check out my quiz at quizilla.com…which dragon are you? Go to it! It's cool! Cool pictures!

Chapter 12 - I'll know

"LUNCH!" Shizuo was extremely happy, compared to everything prior. She sat on her bed, and began to eat her hot, peppered tempura shrimp. [A/N: yuuuummm!] She groaned. "Nothing tastes better than hot, spicy food!" She ended with a loud moan; so loud that any passer by might think she was doing something...

It felt so good to be back in her own room, eating her favorite food on her bed, she almost forgot about everything that had happened. She was in so much peace; she practically did forget why she came in the first place.

~~

"Shizuo…"

"I'm hungry!"

~~

She just used lunch time as an excuse to avoid Hiei. She didn't know why she was trying to avoid him, she just was. (Well, she had food! Why wouldn't she avoid him?) Perhaps it was because she knew he was right about her, and he knew she knew it. And she knew he knew she knew it. And he knew she knew he knew she knew it…and so on and so forth.

She threw down her shrimp, and began pacing around the room. He was still on her mind, and she couldn't eat because of it.

"DAMN HIM!" she yelled. "I HOPE HE FUCKING DIES!" [AN: *gasp!* such a potty mouth!]

Well, no, she didn't hope that, but she was hungry, and she was cranky that with him being on her mind, he was making her unable to eat!

Why couldn't everything be simple? Like Crystal and Kurama, for example. They just started talking, and a few hours later, they were sleeping with each other!

Well, okay, so maybe she didn't want things to be that simple; she wanted some difficulty. Except Mimiru already beating her to him; that was just too much difficulty. She wanted something more along the line of competition, where she'd get Hiei first.

She sighed, and sat back down on her bed, slowly falling backwards until her head touched her pillow, and her neck was strained from being held up at falling so slow.

Why was she even going for Hiei anyways? He obviously scared her, and he was obviously not that type of person.

She closed her eyes, and almost immediately opened them again due to someone knocking on the door. It was a soft knock, giving her the impression that the person was either one of her younger sisters or someone who detected her anger, and was just trying to be cautious of her.

She got up and walked to the door. Before she opened it, she put on her best `I'm annoyed, go away' face. Before she opened it, however, the person talked.

"Shizuo, I really need to talk to you."

Her face was strictly changed to that of someone who had just gotten their brain eaten from the movie `Night of the Living Dead'.

She didn't know why she felt this way towards him. It wasn't like he could be with her anyways. He saw what happened to Kurama when she punched him.

She quickly regained her posture, and opened the door. "What?" she growled as best as she could. Actually, she got the impression that he might have mistaken it for a purr or something.

He pushed her inside, and closed the door behind them.

Shizuo stood in the middle of her hotel room. She was alone…with him…alone in her hotel room with Hiei.

"Talk," she said in her best annoyed voice. She thought that it might be faltering her a little. She prayed that it wouldn't give up on her now. She was supposed to be angry at Hiei by thunder!

Hiei sighed. "Why did you attack Mimiru?"

Shizuo's anger rose up out of the hotel and into the sky.

"WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT HER?" she shouted. She shrunk back. "What's so special about her?"

"She reminds me of my sister, actually."

"Oh, so you want a girl who acts like your sister? That's just sick!"

"What are you rambling on about?"

"I come here to enjoy a good meal and to ignore you. Know why? Because I knew you were just going to keep asking me about Mimiru. She has the water dragon, Mr. Demon. She has the abilities to destroy me, so she'll most likely destroy you."

"Why are you crying about it?"

"Because it's not fair!" Shizuo's tears were running down her cheeks. "She knows I like you, so she wants you!"

Hiei stopped. She liked him? No, it couldn't be. No one liked Hiei with a passion.

"You-"

"I like you, Hiei! Sometimes, today, I thought to myself why couldn't this feeling and situation be simple…like Crystal and Kurama? Why does it have to be so difficult?"

"Like Mimiru and Yusuke?" Hiei said with a smirk.

Shizuo stopped crying. What did he just say? What was that supposed to mean?

"Mimiru has formed a little crush on Yusuke," Hiei explained. "Yusuke, however, has had something terrible happen to him that makes him doubt he'll be able to love, let alone like, someone ever again."

"So, Mimiru doesn't like you?"

"No! She likes Yusuke. I was out with her last night, helping her pick some exotic flowers for him. She felt so guilty about this morning that she ended up giving those flowers to Yusuke. But I don't like her in anyway you were thinking. I like you, Shizuo."

It took him two steps to reach her, and two seconds more to cover his mouth over hers in a desperate kiss.

Shizuo was blown away. She stared at his closed eyes, fluttering. Everything just suddenly took a turn on her part. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her, and closed her eyes.

Hiei couldn't believe it! He didn't think of her body heat until just now, and it was intoxicating! He never felt anything like it. He had to have more of it.

She gasped as he tightened his hold on her. She knew it. She knew all along that he wanted her, and not Mimiru. How ironic is it that Mimiru liked ended liking Yusuke.

Well, whatever the reason, Shizuo didn't care right now. It was just her and Hiei, alone, in her hotel room.

~~

A/N: Just so everyone is clear…Hiei is 17 in this story, meaning he isn't so short like he is in the anime. Oh well, even while he's short, I still love him. It's him short that I started to like him! He's so adorable! Now, if anyone thinks that Hiei is acting weird in this story, everything will be explained later! So, he's acting like this on purpose!

Want to know what a good song is? Blind Game Again by Nittle Grasper. Go look it up on your music downloader thing. It's in Japanese, but it'll be in your head the first time you hear it. I've been trying to burn it, but I can't! WAAAH! Everyone be sad! Anyways, review, and I'll get the next chapter up soon!