6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mrs. Jonesy & Mr. Nikki ❯ You bet I do. ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
Since Nikki does have a sister, but is never seen… she too will remain faceless when on camera.
And stay tuned… that wedding gift I promised you is in the next chapter… but right now…
It's time! Take THIS… “Bye-Bye Nikki!” We win!
CHAPTER TEN
Jen and Courtney were wearing purple dresses, the same types they wore for their mother's wedding. Jen was finally able to fit into hers properly. Caitlin wore one too, and Nikki was in the next room still getting ready.
“Oh, girls, you look fantastic.” Emma said. Caitlin couldn't stop shrieking with glee, “I always wanted to be a bridesmaid.”
“EEE… I can't believe this is really happening.” Jen said with excitement.
Nikki's sister, with her face turned the other way held her ears. “Ugh! I'm going to get some air.” and she left the room. “Wow… I see Nikki's not the only one in her family with issues.” said Courtney.
There was a knock at the door; Alex and Miranda were there to tell everyone it was almost time to begin. The ladies filed out and Emma brought Baby-Emma with her. Miranda and Alex walked off with the bridal party when Alex suddenly stopped, “Oh… Nikki…!” he dashed back to the room and knocked on another door. “Nikki… you ready?”
“Come on in, Dad.”
Her father opened the door and… well… for those who thought Nikki would never be beautiful, what he was seeing now proved all those people wrong.
She was standing before three full-length. Her makeup was freshly applied-- peach lip-gloss, eyeliner, even some shadow just above her eyelids. Her dress had a full skirt that formed around her and made a small train in back. The body gently hugged her form and had no sleeves or straps. Atop her head was a silver tiara, a very old keep sake form her mother's side of the family, which supported her veil. It was medium-sized and did go way past her back, just not to the floor.
She had something new-- the dress. Something old, which was the tiara… Something borrowed—was the pair of earrings Jen had lent her from the day of the snow-dance when Jonesy and Nikki became a real couple, and she had something blue-- a small pendant she had received as a gift from Caitlin during her shower, kept on a small gold chain round her neck.
She turned round and gazed at her father who smiled at her. “I have seen many things in my life, but none as beautiful as you look now, pumpkin. Well at least since I married your mother.”
“Thanks, Dad.” Nikki said while grinning.
“You are ready?”
Nikki lifted up her dress to reveal she was wearing her ordinary shoes instead of fancy ones, “At least I won't fall this time.”
The ball room was beautifully set. A long red carpet stretched from the doors to the alter dividing the rows of seats where the guests were already seated. Chandeliers were across the ceiling, golden lighting illuminating the room… perfect setting for a wedding.
Starr, Serena, and Amelie were sitting with Wyatt in the front row. I had taken my place by the grand piano, my face was hidden behind a plant I was going to play and sing a special song requested for the wedding March. Nikki didn't want to walk down to any tacky organ music. For that matter… none of us wanted that, Nikki was too special to us for that, and she deserved something more.
Coach and Ron stood by the doors acting as the ushers. Jonesy was standing at one side of the alter Jude by his side. Jude was twitching hard. “Dude… what are you so nervous about?” Jonesy asked.
“I… I've just never been a best man before.” Jude answered.
“Yeah…? Well I've never been a groom before.” replied Jonesy. “You still got the rings?”
Jude held up his left hand showing the box was strapped to his hand with tape. “Told ya I wouldn't screw up this time…”
They bro-fisted, and then… it was time. I started playing the piano as the minister we hired took his place and the wedding march began.
(Mykan)
(Sounds like Chris Curtis)
When love is all there is you don't remember
The moments when you haven't seen her face
And something in your heart makes you surrender
To a feeling that your dreams could not replace.
As I played and sang, Nikki sister came out and poured flowers all over the carpet. Followed by the three bridesmaids. They all took their places at the other side of the alter…
When love is all you know you never listen
To all the cautious words that people say
The only thing you have is your hand share
To find a way to love her every day
Coach and Ron then opened the other set of doors wide, and there she was. Everyone turned to gaze at her, even I thought she looked fantastic, but Jonesy was at a loss for words and movement.
When all the thoughts you have
Folly up to her
The moments could last for a year or two
And when the spark of youth someday surrenders
I will have your hand to see me through
The years may come and go
But there's one thing I know
Love is all there is when I'm with you
Nikki was walked down the carpet by her father, and when they reached the alter he shook Jonesy's hand and placed Nikki's hand in his. “She's all yours now.” he teased.
The years may come and go
But there's one thing I know
Love is all there is when I'm with yo-o-o-o-o-u
I continued to play the song over again, softer and without singing. Nikki and Jonesy complimented how each other looked and then… the minister began his work.
Caitlin and Jen were already dabbing their eyes.
Nikki and Jonesy said their vows. Jonesy never took his eyes away from his bride's not for a minute. Nikki couldn't fight back her tears of joy. When Jonesy was asked if he took Nikki for his wife nothing gave him more pride and joy to gaze at Nikki and say. “You be I do.”
Nikki did the same thing when it was her turn.
Then, Jude passed one ring to Jonesy, and he slid it on Nikki's finger, and as he recited the oath and vow, he also told her that this was his gift to her, from his father. More tears rolled down Nikki face. The nearly choked on her tears as she slid the other ring on Jonesy's finger and recited the oath and vow.
They just couldn't hold it in anymore, and the came together for the deepest, most passionate kiss of their lives. The minister decided what the heck, “I now pronounce you man and wife.”
I sung one last line, and everyone began clapping and cheering for joy.
The years may come and go
But there's one thing I kno-o-o-o-o-ow
Love… is all there is… when I'm… with… yo-o-o-o-o-u…
Miranda buried her face in her hands crying in happiness. Robbie and Diego couldn't believe it. “He actually did it.” Diego said. Robbie couldn't help but almost feel like crying himself, but he held it in.
As the cheering continued, Alex's cell-phone vibrated, and when he got a certain piece of news about Nikki. “Oh… dear…” he said.
Author's notes:
*Gazing in shock and amazement*
…I… I did it…?
*Gins widely*
Mm… mmhmmhmm…
…I- - - - - - - DID IT!!!!