6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Super Jonesy ❯ Try harder ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
It's hard to put into words that fit the story so I'll say it like this…
 
The atmospheric music I refer to is background music on ART ATTACK (Drawing Killer Sharks with Killer Triangles… or using an Ice-cream stick as an ink-pen)
 
I think those of you who saw those will get the idea…
 
CHAPTER THREE
 
Jonesy was still moping when the others brought him back to the lemon. “I can't believe…” he groaned. “The first time I actually try to work decent and everything goes ga-ga!”
 
“Don't beat yourself up like this.” Wyatt said. “You just weren't ready to handle two jobs at once yet. You're not like Jude after all.”
 
This only made Jonesy feel worse. He promised he'd help Jude out, and instead he threw both his jobs into jeopardy, and when Jude had such a hard time finding employment, he was lucky to runt he ice-rink, as well as get Stick-it back.
 
Worst of all, He was still no where near close to paying off the damages to the broken piano; seeing as how he had to refund all the angry consumers.
 
Jen never thought Jonesy could ever feel so guilty before, and as much as she so badly wanted to continue tormenting him, she just didn't have the heart. “You just need better management skills… like how when we taught Jude to study.” she told him
 
“Yeah… or like how Wyatt never gave up on Serena even after so many humiliating let downs.” said Nikki
 
“Hey!” snapped Wyatt, but then he realized, “Well… yeah that's true. Just think of it Jonesy, even you have a great power of determination in you. You find a new job every week and even though you always get fired, you just keep right on bouncing back and ready for more.”
 
Jonesy never thought of it that way before. “Yeah… you know what? You guys got a point.” he said proudly as he stood up. “Step back you guys, I got a food-stand to manage and an ice-rink to smoothen.” and he was off.
 
“Wow… I'm actually impressed.” Nikki said. “For once I think he's not going to flunk out.”
 
Wyatt and Jen agreed, but then they noticed, “Uh… anyone seen Caitlin or Mykan?” asked Wyatt.
 
 
Neither of them knew that Caitlin was still with me at Comic-Cavern, and already she was drawing much better thanks to my helpful tips.
 
“Just listen to the music, and slow yourself down a bit.”
 
I even gave her a picture of Hans that I printed off her cell-camera onto my computer. “Don't draw what you think you see. Draw exactly what you see.”
 
“When making guidelines or rough edges, don't press so hard with your pencil… This way, they're easier to rub out without smearing the paper.”
 
Caitlin was beginning to get the hang of it. She kept starring up at the photo, and then down to draw again. She did a few rough sketches, and then she finally got to her final version.
 
Then it came down to coloring in the picture. I showed her all kinds of ways to master it out. I showed her that I tested my colors on a blank sheet before actually using them. “It makes it easier to decide which is best.”
 
I also showed her how in some situations you'd have to try and mix colors together if you didn't have the correct one you needed. If it still didn't work, then use which ever was closest.
 
Caitlin worked as carefully as she could, because of out of all the rules I taught her the most important one by far was. “Remember… you can't rush art.”
 
 
Elsewhere, someone else was working hard.
 
Jonesy carefully read Jude's recipes, and observed what he was doing with more caution than before in preparing the Stick-its. He sales had improves quite a bit, and no one asked for a refund.
 
Then when it came time to head to the ice-rink Jonesy made sure to clean up everything. Put the left out foods back in cold-storage, and turn the hot-lamps down to a level so the kebabs wouldn't burn or rot.
 
Then he studied Jude's manual for working the Zamboni, and how to treat the ice with better respect. Once the ice was back to normal, Ron took down the yellow-tape, and the rink was bustling with happy skaters.
 
A week later
 
Jonesy had finally paid off the damages for the piano, but he was certainly looking beat. Having two jobs was a total killer. He didn't know how Jude could handle it, but as Jude would probably say. “It's all in the mind bro…”
 
As for Caitlin, she had presented me her finished version of her drawing of Hans and I gave it two thumbs-up. “You have learned much Caitlin.” I said sounding like a sensei. “But remember these lessons well as they well help to guide you to a greater path of glory and prosperity.”
 
Caitlin bowed to me, and then she was off to show Hans her work. Luckily he was still there by the fountain and when she presented him with the drawing Hans was speechless, and he hardly even moved. He just sat there with an amazed look on his face as he stared down at the picture. “Caitlin… this is almost… too incredible.” he said. “I've never seen anything like this before.”
 
Caitlin fluttered her eye as she giggled, hoping this would make him surrender to her. “So… do you want to like, hang out for a coffee maybe?” she asked.
 
Hans began to feel nervous. “Uh… yeah… well, you see the thing is…”
 
Caitlin didn't like the sound of those words. “What? I'm not your type?” she asked calmly.
 
“Well… not really…” replied Hans, “It's just that I have this thing about seeing girls who can draw better than I can. After all, Drawing is part of my life. Sorry…” and he got up and left, “But Hans…” Caitlin called, but it was too late.
 
All she could do was slump down on the sofa with her drawing of Hans that was left behind and sigh heavily. All that work for nearly nothing. “At least I still have this.” she said admiring her drawing, but that's when Stanley came by with his popgun, shot at her, and she fell into the water ruining her picture.
 
“ARGH!” she growled as she smashed the water.