Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Oh My Goddess Knight ❯ Chapter 4

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 4: Flames ablaze, questions answered

(This has got to be the coolest thing that has happened, and what about this armor, it even had wings!) TC thought as he swung his sword at the ball of energy sent by Mara, and in one swipe he sliced it neatly it two.

"What, how is this possible? No mortal should have this much power!" Mara yelled as she launched volley after volley at Taiichi, only to have each ball of energy slashed in half.

"This.... is amazing... but how is this happening?" Bell thought as she looked on, taking in the whole sight of Tai's armor, the most ironic thing she noticed was that all around his armor, there were crests that looked like the emblem of the present.

"I don't know Bell, this is feeling like second nature to me, and right now, this feeling is telling me to do this." TC said as he stuck his sword into the ground. Then, slowly, he placed his hands together, gathering flames into a sphere, which steadily grew larger and larger. Until finally, it about the size of a large wrecking ball.

"Wha.... what are you going to do with that?" Mara stammered, totally out of energy from the barrage she had thrown at him before.

".... I am going to do this.... Oh demon of darkness, oh traitor to light. Be blessed, and cleansed by my flame's light.... CELESTIAL FLAME!!!!" TC yelled as he flung the energy at Mara, giving her no time to react.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Mara yelled as she was engulfed by the holy flames. "NO, DON'T KILL HER" Belldandy yelled as she looked on in horror.

"Don't worry.... it won't kill Mara..... just the evil in her soul." Tai said as he commanded the flames to die. Mara quickly fell toward the ground, but Tai made sure to catch her.

"I'm glad.... and that was amazing!" Bell exclaimed as she hobbled over toward TC.

"And I'm not done yet.... I need to do some thing about your leg." TC said as he sat her down, then once again, he gathered some flames into his hands, only this time they were blue colored. He then pressed his hand to the area that had become red and swollen on her leg, almost instantly, the cooling blue flames began to work and magically heal her leg.

"This is confusing though.... how come you never told my you had this power?" Belldandy asked

"Well.... to tell you the truth.... I don't know how I did it.... I have no clue..." Tai said

"I.... I do." Came a sudden voice from behind them, soon, the figure stepped out so that Bell and Tai could see who it was.

"My lord, you are ok." Belldandy exclaimed as she ran to hug him, something she had not done since she was young.
"LORD KAMI" Taiichi exclaimed as he bowed down, not looking up.

"It is ok, Taiichi Comasato, please arise. There is much I have to tell you, both of you. Now Belldandy, to what you were thinking, the demons have some how found out a way to bring the whole system down. Then, they came and destroyed everything..... But don't worry, everyone is same as far as I know." He stated, seeing the worry in her eyes. "As for you Taiichi, the answer is simple. You are... a Goddess Knight."

"A Goddess... Knight?"

"Yes.... Mortals chosen be destiny to protect the Goddess's of Time... You are the Knight of Fire, and protector of the present, you see.... you and your brothers were chosen by myself for your hearts, for only a mortal, who is totally pure of heart and soul can become a Goddess Knight."

"Wait... you mean.... Koh and Rei and also Goddess knights?"

"Yes, the pendents that were given to you by your grandfather housed the essence of the knight that best fit your soul, you are much like Belldandy: kind, caring, and truthful. You go out of your way to help others. It was destiny that you would meet her and begin to like her.

"You mean.." Tai said as he pulled out a pendent from his shirt, it was a flame red orb. "This... held that kind of power?"

"Yes... but now," Kami said as he snapped his finger, instantly, the pendent disappeared and transformed into a ring which then magically fixed it's self to his ring finger. "Now it will be housed in this ring. This ring is a symbol of your bond to Belldandy."

"....... Ok..... I think I understand..... Thank you."

"As for you Belldandy... there is just this advice that I can give to you..... follow your heart.... and guide Taiichi.... Now, you both must go and locate Urd and Skuld... when you do... the other goddess knights can be reborn, please hurry."

"Yes, of course." Belldandy and Taiichi said in unison, causing both of them to blush a little.

***
Ok, now they know what is going on, but what did Kami mean when he told Bell to trust her heart? You'll just have to see on the next chapter of OH My Goddess Knight!