Artemis Fowl Fan Fiction ❯ Employee of the Month ❯ Wizard ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Artemis Fowl decides to become a student at Hogwarts. No one ever told him that you needed to be born with magic, the poor thing.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Artemis Fowl and company. Those belong to Eoin Colfer. Neither do I own Harry Potter, or Hogwarts, both of which belong to J. K. Rowling.
 
 
Artemis Fowl: Wizard
 
Walking down the hallway of Hogwarts, Artemis Fowl, former crime genius, looked forward to the day when he could show all the others what he could do! Ever since his first day at Hogwarts, he had been ridiculed. So what if he was five years older than the average first year?
 
He could do this! He would conquer all those evil ten-year-olds! He would show the entire school what he was made of. Thinking these heroic thoughts, he walked confidently into his first class of the year.
 
Twenty minutes into the first class, he was still buoyant with confidence. (Or perhaps a giant ego and lots of hot air.) The moment the spell was explained, he lifted his wand (a rather pretty affair, made of nothing but wood), pointed it at the feather, and spoke the `magic words.'
 
Nothing happened. Looking around at his classmates, he realized that they, at least, had managed results. One of them had even managed to set his hair on fire, though another quickly put it out. He was quickly growing frustrated. He lifted his wand again, made the necessary movements, and spoke the magic words.
 
Again, nothing happened. He was beginning to get mad, and was hearing titters from his classmates. He did it again. And again. Then again, just to be sure.
 
The teacher, a Professor Flitwick, bounced over to ask him how he was doing. Seeing that nothing whatsoever happened when he waved his wand, or even when he spoke the magic words, he quickly became agitated. Bouncing to the door, he stopped a passing seventh-year and asked him to escort the befrazzeled boy to see Professor Dumbledore. The dumbfounded boy nodded and led him to the office, where he was left alone staring at the face of a rather ugly gargoyle.
 
He blinked. And blinked again. Nothing happened. At last, he raised his hand and knocked on the door. The gargoyle snarled at him and he jumped back, once again observing the door. Nothing happened beyond that. Suddenly, the gargoyle slid aside. He flinched, and then jumped inside. After all, it wasn't like they could kill him. He was perfectly within his rights being here!
 
Inside, he met an old man, with a graying beard. He nodded cordially. After explaining himself, the old man performed a rather simple spell on the boy. The spell told him one thing - Artemis was pure Muggle, through and through. Not a spot of magic in his entire body.
 
Artemis thought he heard his jaw crash to the floor.