Ayashi No Ceres Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Aya returned to her dorm after her Art History class. She sighed and picked up her paints and canvas. Aya had always been a talented artist, and had taken painting classes all through high school. She was very into art, and figured she'd at least minor in it.

Aya sighed, sat down, and went to her CD collection. She flipped through them, and picked out a CD that Yuuhi had burned for her. She popped it into the CD player, and listened to "Cross My Heart" as she painted.

She delved into her painting, not knowing exactly what would come of her work. She thought of the fairy tale about the celestial maiden who had lost her hagoromo while bathing. Aya had often wondered about what this celestial maiden looked like. She was kind of an angel, she thought, so she might give her wings. No, the wings might look awkward. A more human figure would be better. But she could fly, nevertheless.

Aya's thoughts took form onto the canvas as she painted out a background sky, with the figure of a flying human over it. A celestial maiden must have a perfect figure, she thought, as she painted the curves of the body. And hair. Purple.

All of a sudden, Chidori burst in the door, almost knocking over Aya's paints. "Watch it!" Aya warned.

Chidori looked down, muttering, "I'm sorry." Seeing the painting that Aya was working on, she asked, "Whatcha painting? A flying lady?"

"Yeah. Kinda mystical... It reminds me of that tennyo legend."

"I can't wait to see the finished work!"

"It'll be a while, Chidori. I've just got the basic forms up.. I haven't even come close to adding any detail at all."

Chidori pouted. "You got any other work then?"

Aya shook her head. "I left 'em all at home. Maybe I can ask my dad to scan them and email them to me one day though."

Chidori changed the subject. "You seen your new lover-boy again?"

Aya was shocked. She hadn't mentioned the red-haired man all week. Yet he was a lover-boy? "No."

"Ah. That's too bad. Maybe you should go for Aki instead."

"I dunno," Aya sighed. "He is a good friend, but.." Aya's voice trailed off.

"Yeah?"

Aya sighed. "Yuuhi might be jealous."

Chidori was confused.

Exasperated, Aya explained, "Chidori. Yuuhi gave me a CD and bought me dinner and.."

Yuuhi liked Aya. Chidori's thoughts shattered. "Yuu..yuuu..yuuhi-kun," she sobbed.

Aya rested her hand on Chidori's shoulder. "Chidori. Yuuhi's only known us for a little while. He doesn't know us well enough to know which one to choose. And you don't know him that well, either." Aya smiled at her roommate. "So just wait it out, and either Yuuhi will take a liking to you, or you'll find somebody even better."

Chidori jumped up, excited all of a sudden.

"What is it, Chidori?" Aya asked.

"I just remembered! I bought some manga that Yuuhi would like. I wanna let him read it."

Aya chuckled. "You're always thinking of him. That's sweet."

Chidori didn't hear Aya's remark because she was too busy bounding out the door and racing down the hall to Yuuhi and Aki's room.

"Yuuhi-kun!" she shouted.

Aki opened the door. "Hey, Chidori. Yuuhi's still in class."

Sighing, Chidori asked, "Can you tell him to drop by my room then? I have something for him."

"Sure."

Closing the door, Chidori walked back, looking at the ground the entire way. She didn't even notice that somebody was walking in the opposite direction until she bumped into him.

"Sorry," she muttered, looking up at the boy. He was very handsome, with red hair. Could this be Aya's dream boy?

The red-haired man continued walking without saying a word.

Chidori burst into her room, shouting, "Aya! Aya!"

Aya looked up at the girl.

"I think I saw your guy! He has red hair and he's tall and he's really hot. I bumped into him in the hall."

Aya got up and hugged Chidori. "I... uh... I think I'm going to go for a walk now. Maybe I'll bump into him too."

Sure enough, as Aya climbed down the stairs and exited the building, she saw the red-haired man sitting in the shade by the front door, reading a book. And it was THE red-haired man.

Aya smoothed her hair, straightened her skirt, and sat down near him. "Good idea to sit outside and read in the shade."

He didn't respond.

"Whatcha reading?" she asked.

"This fantasy novel," he said, glancing up at her. She was beautiful.

"Yeah," Aya said. "I read a lot of fantasy too."

He gazed into her eyes. They sparkled, reflecting the sunlight through the cracks in the trees. He looked at her lips, darkened by the shadow of leaves.

Then, without warning, he leaned over and kissed her.

Aya was shocked. After the man released the kiss, he got up and proceeded to walk away.

"Wait!" Aya called. "I don't even know your name..!"

"Tooya," he said.

"Tooya," Aya repeated. "Oh," she said, "I'm Aya."

"All right... Aya," Tooya said, then walked out of sight.