Bleach Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Whispers of the West ❯ The Prophecy of Time ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: The characters of Inuyasha are not mine; they are property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not own the characters of Bleach, Tite Kubo does. No money is made on my part. All OCs are mine






A/n: Backstory of the intense rivalry between the House of Yuu and the House of the Moon; spanning the time of the Inu-no-Taisho and ending with a son fracturing away from a father. The former Western Lady shows her infamous talents as the master manipulator and Sesshomaru’s own past is delved deeply into as well. Thank you for reading and always, please let me know your thoughts!





The Prophecy of Time





The House of Yuu, also known as the Kawahara Clan; was one of grandeur and one of high standing in the Western Lands. A few members of the Yuu house had served in the military before and around the time of Lord Akinori; but they were a political family. They were also the second most powerful family in the lands. The royal family was often jealous and mistrustful of such wealth and charisma from outsiders but they held a council seat and that position was one handed down from father to son. Kawahara Yuujin was a young silver inu who served on Inu-no-Taisho's council and Touga was friendly with the House of Yuu as it had been dubbed; because frankly their import/export business brought too much into Western Lands and to dismiss such a valuable resource would be stupid. Touga watched Yuujin flirt and have a way with the bitches in his court and he decided that the council member needed a mate. Lord Touga was not above a political match; oh no he was not. He had a cousin who belonged to Akinori's youngest sister and her name was Lady Ume. So as it was Touga pressed heavily and Yuujin felt no other option but to mate the Lady Ume.

Yuujin had never seen Ume before the day his family and the royal family had designated them to take their vows before the inugami of old. He thought this was ridiculous but the Inu-no-Taisho was making certain that this mating contract was iron clad and could not be broken. Yuujin had complained to his father who had survived The One Great War and Akinori's rule but he had abdicated his title to his son and he lived a lavish retirement at seven hundred year old. He was quite pleased and happy in life and Yuuji's mother and himself; Yuuma had been mated since he had turned one hundred fifty. Her name was Hisa and she was from the Sazama Silver Clan. His mating had been a success and quite a happy union. Hisa and he had been more than fond of each other when they first met and in fact had fallen in love. The fourteen pups that she had birthed was testament to such. The House of Yuu was huge now and Yuuma expected his son to follow in his footsteps.

Kawahara Yuujin met Hironaka Ume on the day they were taking their vows. The Hironaka Clan was where the royal family originated from but no one referred to their clan name anymore. Yuujin was a tall inu and his silver hair was shiny and came to his mid-back and his eyes were a piercing grey. The House of Yuu did not have markings typically but they resembled all silver inu in that their ears were pointed and claws about their hands. Yuujin had been given education about everything from the art of war to the art of the council. He was fit, lean, and muscled. He could be seen often in the harbors of Kyoto bringing in cargo off of the family boats. Today his hair was partially braided back and the rest down and he was wearing a traditional male kimono and hakama underneath. His kimono was bright blue with a rising sun emblazoned in red on the back. Yellow was stitched artfully and beautifully to imitate the rays of the sun. On his feet he wore traditional tabi socks and regular geta but the silk thong was in matching bright blue of his kimono. He was standing before the inugami statues impatient and thinking that the royal bitch would be a snotty harlot that he would have to put up with.

Hironaka Ume was a timid and extremely shy onna. Touga was so outgoing and his fair cousin came to his shoulder. Her silver mane when it was down came down past her buttocks. Today she was dressed in a white kimono that was several layers and the last and heavily brocaded silk was patterned in cranes and her obi was a heavy weave of silk and was tied into a bow in the back and the ends trailed down the train of outer kimono. Ume's hair was intricately twisted and layered on her head and white roses and large white feathers were artfully placed about her head. She did not have the white make up on and she had simple kohl outlining her eyes and blush color on her full lips. Her eyes were the color of the gem called topaz. She had wide almond shaped eyes and her brows framed her doe like orbs to perfection. Ume was tiny in comparison to Yuuji and she only came to Touga's shoulder; she stood a bit taller next to her soon to be mate, she came a few centimeters past his shoulders. On her feet she wore satin slippers in white and the elegant simplicity of her kimono and everything made the young nobleman's jaw nearly fall to the floor. Touga chuckled and closed his council member's mouth and he bowed before the assembled members of both clans of silver inu.

"Sir Yuuji this is my first cousin; Lady Ume." The Taisho said introducing the young onna.

"Sir Yuuji it is my honor to meet you this day of all days." Ume said demurely.

Yuuji's mouth was dry and his soon to be mate was the most delicate and beautiful creature he had ever seen. She was simply the most stunning bitch of her generation and he could find no words. He tried; the kamis know he tried but he went to his knee instead and kissed her hand. Touga smirked slyly and he had cornered the brilliant but difficult statesman. He was mating him off to his most gorgeous female relation and Yuuji he bet would be so busy siring pups that any rivalry would soon be gone. What better way to rid yourself of pests than to mate them right out of your way?

The vows were taken and Lady Ume became a member of the Kawahara Silvers; the House of Yuu. The wedding banquet was lavish and sake and expensive wines were flowing as Yuuji had eyes only for his new wife. He would make her his mate this night and the shy bitch was still demure around him and he was desperate to see her smile. He had gotten her a gift but had intended to wait to give it to her but now he was impatient.

"Ume? I wish to give you something." Yuuji said softly.

"As you wish." She bowed her head.

"Onna my house is not the royal family. We have no use for such demure and shy creatures. Be yourself, please! You are my wife this day and I am used to my mother giving and telling my father her opinion on much. If they do not agree; they tend to make up in very pleasant ways. She has born him fourteen pups." Her new husband said sweetly.

"So many?" Ume said shocked.

"Hai well they liked each other when they saw each other and they found that their fondness grew." Yuuji whispered as his gentle fingers brushed a pale pink stripe upon her cheek.

Ume found herself losing her reserve and her new husband was gentle and he put a beautiful white gold necklace of the sun and moon. The House of Yuu and the Royal Family. She met his grey eyes and things stirred in her gut.

"I am fatigued my lord. I am also very full. I should like to retire to your castle if we may?" His wife said softly.

Yuuji's heart was falling and this beautiful and timid beauty was going to stay timid. While that was fine for some men; he wanted a life partner and not a bitch that had to be guided. They paid their respects to parents; the Lord, and the court. He led her to his castle that was not too far from the palace proper. Yuuji took several minutes in his study to check his shipping and receiving reports and he felt that this mating would leave him wanting. She would probably be a good mother and a good mate but he needed passion and he doubted she had it.

Yuuji was shocked stupid when his new wife was upon the futon in only her gorgeous skin; the necklace he had given her, and some roses still in her luscious and long hair. Her breasts were rather fall for such a tiny bitch and her waist so very tiny and her hips flared and rounded so beautifully. He was so aware that he was fully clothed but his body was reacting to the scene she presented.

"Onna! You are so beautiful! Kamis, no idea such a goddess." He whispered.

Ume made a pretty smile and she had been instructed by her mother and she had said the men of the house of Yuu were either excellent mates or very bade ones. It depended upon on the wedding day she said. Her mother had said that Ume would know how this Yuuji would be. She knew he would be excellent when he presented the necklace and had asked her to be less demure. She could be a feisty bitch and she had passion. She loved life immensely. Ume moved and she began to remove his obi and Yuuji's eyes were widened as his new wife began to undress him and she wanted to cement the mating.

"I am pure you can scent; I know you are not so I rely on my husband's knowledge to make his bitch quiver and scream his name." Ume said as she bared his lower body.

"You are also in heat. I can wait Ume. I can wait to..." He tried to say and his wife attacked his mouth.

Yuuji was pulled onto his naked wife and her lips were deliciously intent upon his making him a slave to his instincts. Ume was soft but so very feminine but she wanted her rapture he realized. Oh he was going to be a happy inu man. His wife/mate was a beauty and she was feisty. He took her slowly so she was used to the size and feel of him. After the initial pain of it; Ume began to moan and he made certain to give her ample attention to her lower half and her beautiful and bountiful breasts and his wife was lost in her inu. She whining incessantly and he was a goner. She climbed onto all fours and she presented herself. Yuuji lost himself and he began a harsh pace meant to bring them both ultimate rapture but his fangs marked her juncture with force and she stuttered as he body began to milk his shaft harshly. Yuuji had to roll and she mounted him and he was now being ridden and she was taking his climax as she fell over him and she sank her canines into his juncture as deeply as he had done to her. Their shared endings were long and he was breathing harshly and Yuuji brushed her silver hair from her forehead.

"You can do that again can you not?" Ume asked innocently.

"Hai." He giggled.

"It felt better than described mate. I rather enjoy how you make me feel. I also like how you told me I was heaven and paradise found." She said repeating what he said in inu.

Yuuji was grinning and his mate was a bluntly honest onna and he kissed her with tremendous passion. He stared at her topaz colored eyes and he was in love.

"If this had not been arranged; I would have found you. You are my perfect onna." Yuuji whispered.

"I do believe this is an excellent match for our hearts over our houses. I will love you soon my lord. I like you passionately now. I like how you make me feel. I should like you to do it to me often." She said playing with his long silver hair.

"How often Ume?" He teased.

"At least once a day but I think after breakfast, lunch, and dinner would be best." Ume said quite seriously.

Yuuji laughed and she liked his laugh but he brought out a healthy lust and libido in his mate and she craved him. Nothing could be healthier in a new mating than a high degree to wish to partake of the other.

"I should have to be careful Ume or you will end up pupped so soon." Yuuji said running his fingers through her hair.

"Why should I care if you pup me my lord? The women in my family have good hips for birthing pups. I think I should like to feel your pup in me. You will not be stupid and not touch me will you?" Ume demanded pouting.

"Good Kamis onna. I am the luckiest inu on the planet. You may need a little to love me fully but I am already in love. You are perfection." Yuuji chuckled as he tackled her and he began to bring rapture upon his beautiful and opinionated mate.

Ume groaned out and she stared out and she was pleased with her mating; Lord Yuuji was a good inu and he was good lover and tended his bitch's needs in coupling. Ume was happy and she had no idea that the men in this house were monogamous when they were in love and happy. Yuuji was both; in love and happy.

Yuuji paced back and forth and her labor had been too long at fifteen hours. They had called on Yasu himself and he was steadily drinking sake whenever if he heard her scream out and in pain. He berated and hated himself for pupping her too soon.

Ume was in a difficult labor but she was not worried; Yasu had told her first labors were always longer and she was feeling everything. When she entered her seventeenth hour of labor; her body geared up and she was fully dilated. Yasu was giving her commands on what to do and how to breathe. She rasped out and she wanted Yuuji to witness his pup's birth which just was not done but Ume was insistent. Yasu demanded that Yuuji be brought into the birthing room and Yuuji had left several of his brothers. She could smell the sake but she knew he was worried. Their union was passionate and he asked her advice on council matters and he had brought her in on the family business and she had found herself expanding her awareness beyond the royal city and Yasu commanded a big, long push. Ume bore down hard and she was growling harshly and her eyes were red as she worked for her firstborn. Yuuji was ready to pass out because there was blood and his mate was making sounds of pain. Soon Yasu held a silver haired pup with light grey eyes and he was a miniature Yuuji. Ume was fine and Yasu delivered her afterbirth. The old inu cleaned her up and it was a nice, normal birth and he smiled as he left the couple.

"Look at him! Look at what we did Yuuji! What is his name my love?" She asked as she cooed over her perfect and handsome pup.

"You are okay Ume. Kamis! Kamis Ume, I was terrified. Onna, I was so scared." Yuuji actually wept.

"Hai silly mate! I shall not ever leave you. Do you understand? Now his name? What is his name?" His mate demanded.

Yuuji thought for several moments and he knew it had to be in traditional and sighed and smiled.

"His name is Kawahara Yuuta. Hello my son! You are perfect and very handsome. You will have your pick of any onna at court. You are loved my precious boy. Your Haha and I love you so much." Yuuji said with tears in his eyes.

Ume smiled and her heart stuttered at the love he expressed for their pup and herself. They had been mated less than a year and already she had delivered the next heir to the House of Yuu. His family was extremely pleased and in the next two centuries Ume delivered Yuuji eighteen pups. Every single pup survived and she bore thirteen sons and five daughters. The family had actually wished for a few more girl but Ume died during the birth of the last pup, a little girl and Yuuji had been devastated beyond devastated. Yuuta was a young man himself and his parents mating had been something amazing to him. It had been a political union but it had turned into a love match. Yuuta was a serious minded young man but he did have a few wild streaks but the death of his mother left a hole in the family and his father was grieving so badly that his eldest pup had to take up many of his responsibilities.
------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------
Touga had been gone some time and his eldest son was the lord in Sesshomaru-sama. The young lord was everything that a young lord should be; calculating, cool, and it was said he was ice to his core. In council meetings it was evident that Lord Sesshomaru would be terrifying enemy on the battle field and live up to his name. His legend with a katana grew and other demons always fell dead as the end of his claws or blade. The young lord did not have a reputation as anything but a block of ice and when there an objection raised to Yuuta's supposed prearranged mating with the Lady Wakana; it came as a shock.

The House of Yuu was not used to being told no by anyone and most especially the lord of the land because frankly; they had always supported the royal family and brought in valuable resources to the West. Yuuta was puzzled as hell and Yuuji had come out of seclusion to speak with the young lord to found out WHY a mating should be interfered with. Yuuji had been mated to Lord Sesshomaru's own second cousin. So Sir Yuuji and Sir Yuuta as they were known as their official titles because of their council seats. Sesshomaru was famous for leaving his palace and wandering the borders of his own lands personally; one it allowed his people to see their lord personally and it increased his fame as one who would protect his own with his own fang. Sesshomaru was cold but he was quite the shrewd politician.

"Milord? Sir Yuuta and Sir Yuuji have come!" His ever irritating kappa screeched.

"Hn." Was all he muttered as the two men from the House of Yuu came into his study

Sesshomaru's study was his sanctuary as well as his dojo within his palace. His amber gaze; so much like the Taisho's own but the moon on his forehead was that of his mother but the new lord had adopted the symbol and his reign and house would be The House of the Moon. It was an audacious and grand title; Sesshomaru was that arrogant as well.

"Lord Sesshomaru-sama, I have come to inquire as to why you to stopped the mating contract between my eldest son and Lady Wakana?" Yuuji asked boldly.

"This Sesshomaru does not answer to you or to your son. There is only one Lord of the West and he sits before you!" The arrogant lord said with near boredom.

"Excuse me my Lord? You are our Lord but your rule does not extend to our bedrooms does it? I was under the impression that the council spoke for the common inu in these lands or have they lost their voice when your father lost his life?" Yuuta said impertinently.

Sesshomaru stared at the extremely young man who was also much younger than himself and the audacity to speak as he had was intolerable. It was also irritating because he was related to him through marriage by his second cousin Lady Ume.

"Perhaps this Sesshomaru SHOULD legislate bedroom activities as our Lady Cousin would still be alive eh Sir Yuuji?" Sesshomaru said coldly.

Yuuji choked and to be reminded of the death of his beloved was cold indeed. She had wanted another pup and he was filled with guilt every day for it.

"MY MOTHER was an amazing onna Lord Sesshomaru-sama. She loved her large family which I am certain you have no inkling about. The Araya family has been in negotiations with our family for years! How dare you interfere with such!" The young upstart snapped.

"Watch your tongue Sir Yuuta; this Sesshomaru can and will separate you from it. The Lady Wakana is NOT a bargaining tool in her family's games in this court. Negotiated matings/marriages are being banned as we speak." The regal young lord said rising to his full height.

Sesshomaru was an imposing figure to anyone; he stood at two meters tall and his silver hair was impossibly long. Even amongst his palace and splendor; he was wearing his bone and leather armor that spiked out around one side. His mokomoko wrapped around his right half. His amber eyes could hold warmth or bitter cold and his magenta markings stood out starkly on his fair skin. The magenta was a bit lighter on his eye lids but the blue crescent moon would never be mistaken. His whit haori and hakama had the sakura blossom symbols in red along the white silk in red and his obi was yellow with a blue edge. Sesshomaru almost always wore his battle boots and now was no different as he stood up to the two members of the House of Yuu.

"The practice of using onna as currency is dishonorable. It is filthy and beneath the greatness of the West and her future. The practice is being abolished and this Sesshomaru will not tolerate it further. Bitches will also be allowed to inherit their male relatives’ estates. If Lady Wakana wishes to bring her estates and riches to your house Sir Yuuta; it will be the lady's choice and NOT her family's choice. This Sesshomaru has spoken. You both are done here." The young lord said sitting.

Sir Yuuta and Yuuji were shocked completely and the idea that prearranged matings would be a thing of the past and bitches would inherit was shocking to say the least. Yuuta had no clue what was going through the young lord's mind to make shocking changes to tradition. He had no intention of losing his match and he would actually have to COURT Lady Wakana now and that was preposterous but he would waste no time in the matter.
--------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
Sir Yuuta had been courting Wakana in earnest but what the young councilman did not know was that Sesshomaru was also taken with rather stunning noble bitch. She had silver and white hair mixed and her eyes were pale green. She had very fair green marks along her cheeks that almost matched her eyes and she a diamond shaped mark between her brows. Her face was heart shaped and Wakana's lips were full and her nose small and straight. She was also fairly tall for a bitch and she stood well past the new lord's shoulders and Yuuta knew he was not her great love. He knew there was someone else but the alliance of their families would be great. They both were aware of that and with Sesshomaru's recent edicts; things in the West had DRAMATICALLY changed.

Yuuta was in Kyoto dealing with the shipping company and the young lord took the opportunity to pay an unexpected and unannounced visit to Wakana in private. Her sire's name was Sir Suzu. He was an older inu and very respected; Suzu had distinguished himself and his family during Akinori's reign. Wakana was the youngest pup and a beauty beyond compare. She was only in a dressing yukata and she was brushing her hair out and there was a storm raging outside. She saw a silhouette in the lightning and she nearly screamed but the inu let his scent be taken in and Wakana turned and fell on her knees in front of him.

"My Lord Sesshomaru-sama! We had no idea you were coming my lord! I am so sorry. I would have received you properly!" She cried fearful.

"This is not a formal visit Wakana. I came for myself." He said in a soft timbre and she was shocked stupid; he did not use the third person.

"My lord?" Wakana said sitting up straight but on her knees.

"I changed our traditions and laws because I find them outdated and barbaric; they are reminiscent of things the ningen do and I cannot abide it." Sesshomaru said walking forward and looking at the noble bitch's things.

"Your law requires that my sire settle upon me an inheritance as well as a dowry." She said trying to understand the new rules.

"Hai. Why should you not have in your family's wealth because you are an onna? I had a sister. It is not known because the bitch was a concubine of my father and she was not an inu. She was a youkai but the noble council would have lost their minds. Why should my sister have been sent away and suffered because she was half inu and an onna?" He asked the utterly beautiful bitch.

"My lord!? I had no idea. She should not have. I know the stories of your lady mother; forgive me for what I am about to say, but Lady Natsumi was no mother!" Wakana said with deep hatred for the former Western lady.

"No love for my mother?" Sesshomaru chuckled.

Wakana heard the chuckle and she had never heard him make such a noise and she stared at him with awe. Her lips were open a tad and she was just shocked he was here sharing such personal information.

"You should make that sound more often my lord." She said with a timid smile.

"What sound Lady Wakana?" He looked puzzled.

"A laugh. It suits you my lord. You face lit a moment and I have never seen you as such. I would like to see it again." The noble bitch said honestly.

Sesshomaru's heart was beating out of control and he had broken traditions purposely so Yuuta's mating contract could not be completed. He had only recently seen her and he saw beauty of soul as well as beauty of face. Her smile would make the coldest man in an inferno in but a moment.

"It is truly not proper for me to be here Lady Wakana but I wished to know the truth of these talks and contracts. I broke them." He stated bluntly.

"You my lord?" Wakana said dropping her jaw.

"Hai. Perhaps in the end it will not matter but in the end it will be your choice and not forced upon you." He said intending to leave.

"Why should I choose my lord? What choices do I have? The House of Yuu is not an evil one and a fellow noble." She reasoned.

"There are always choices Lady Wakana. Sometimes one must open one's eyes to them." Sesshomaru said bluntly.

Sesshomaru was an inu of few words and he was also an inu with impossibly high honor standards but he gently pulled her to standing and he tipped her head back. He and his best friend Hideaki had their share of lovers but no one in the West knew who Sesshomaru's were. He was the most discrete of all the royals and when his lips covered hers; Wakana was annihilated and shocked stupid. The West's lord had changed laws and traditions because he may have believed what he said; but at the end of the day, he had done it because he felt something for her. Wakana had never been kissed and this was foreign to her and she whined into his mouth as he made her breathless. Sesshomaru slowly pulled his mouth from hers and her eyes had reddened and she was shaking in his arms.

"My lord?" She whispered.

"I am no pious creature Lady Wakana but I am no whoremonger either. I saw your smile." He admitted.

"My smile?" Wakana stated dumbly.

"Hai. It was the most beautiful thing this Sesshomaru had ever seen." He said formally.

"My lord can you do what you did again?" She asked as her knees were weak.

Sesshomaru smiled a little and he gathered her in his arms and began to kiss her with tremendous passion that none in the court would have believed him capable. Wakana was losing cohesion and she was losing the ability to think clearly. His tongue mated hers and tasted her fangs and he sucked her bottom lip. Wakana became a mass of inu jelly in his arms and he pulled his lips back.

"Have to leave my lady. I have honor." He growled softly.

"You want me." She said stupidly.

"It goes beyond want Wakana. I need your love." Her lord actually said his heart.

He disengaged and he moved with speed and he was gone. Wakana fell to her knees and her heart was pounding. Lord Sesshomaru was simply the most beautiful and passionate inu she had met. She knew Yuuta and she could have a reasonable mating but it would not be one of love. Wakana looked around and she quickly dressed and put on a cloak to conceal her identity.

It took her quite some time to reach the palace and she was admitted as a noblewoman. She hurried to Sesshomaru's dojo as was his habit to practice with his weapons before he retired. Wakana saw him without his haori and her heart was beating out of control. She waited for him to exit and at first he did not notice her standing near the entrance. Jaken was squawking about something and he saw her shrouded by a hood and he turned to face her. She pulled back the hood and his eyes held surprise but he did not let it show on the rest of his face.

"Get going Jaken! This Sesshomaru cannot hear himself think!" He snapped at the kappa.

Jaken scampered off and Wakana was breathing hard and she took Sesshomaru's hand and lifted his clawed fingers and she kissed them. He suppressed his growls and the onna was here because she felt something as well. Sesshomaru was a very deeply feeling man but ALWAYS kept his emotions under tight control; but faced with the onna of his true desire. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist and he gently pressed her against the wall near his dojo.

"Wakana, you are here without your family's knowledge?" He asked informally.

"Hai my lord. My lord kiss me again please." Wakana begged him.

Sesshomaru kissed the inu onna again with repressed passion and she mimicked what he had done earlier. It was taking on surreal tones and he was losing control of himself. Wakana began to whine in discomfort and she was sucking in air. Sesshomaru took her to a secret passage and it led through the walls of the palace itself and they appeared in his royal bedroom. They were being reckless; Sesshomaru began kissing her with that passion and need again. She began to undo his hakama as he was undoing her kimono. Soon they were both naked to the other's gaze and the Western lord was entranced completely. She had lovely full breasts and flared hips with a narrow waist. She made him salivate and he slowly leaned her back against his futon and she was innocently touching and exploring him. He had to properly court her according to his own stupid laws but she was here and it was obvious the heat and passion. Wakana shook under him as he took her purity but he kissed and licked her tears as he waited for her body to adjust. When the pain began to turn to discomfort of another kind; she began to shift and Sesshomaru took her with such tenderness and the young bitch found out what it meant to be fulfilled. She gave herself to him several times that night and each time was more intense and beautiful than the last. Sesshomaru whispered in inu; ai shiteru and she moaned it back.
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
Wakana stole away two to three nights a week to be in the arms of Sesshomaru; she had no idea that her lord could be so deep and utterly passionate. He spoke of things in the sanctuary of his futon and it was perfect as they would entwine their fingers. He was officially courting her as was Yuuta but she had already given herself to her lord; she could not imagine being with another inu. He was careful of her and it was becoming more and more difficult as time passed to keep putting off a mark when his beast and rational agreed that the bitch of their heart wished for him.

Sesshomaru was called away from court to deal with a skirmish of oni on the borderlands with the Eastern lands. Wakana was a bed and she had been with him before the night before and it was perfection. She was smiling and her mother rushed into her room.

"Wakana! Get dressed immediately!" Her elegant mother and she looked nervous.

"Haha? Whatever is wrong?" She asked as she began to pull a thin kosode on.

"Lady Natsumi is here from the palace. She is speaking with your father right now." Tara whispered as she helped her youngest pup finish dressing.

Wakana felt dread as she appeared in the main audience room of their family castle and Lady Natsumi looked beautiful and quite cold in all her finery. She was dressed in kimono was that would cost ten of Wakana's own. She bowed low before dowager Western Lady and Natsumi eyed the bitch in front of her.

"Sir Suzu and Lady Tara you will leave me alone with your pup." Natsumi said politely but it was a command.

"Hai my lady." The elder inu said bowing.

Tara looked at her pup and she knew fear and Natsumi looked like Sesshomaru but of course female and her bangs were blunt cut straight across and her silver hair was elaborately done with inlaid gold chop sticks and jade combs. Her kimono was in the sakura blossom design. Wakana's own kimono was a pale blue and bore small plum blossoms and her obi was a wide plum color.

"Do sit Lady Wakana. I have this for you my dear. I am here to clean up for Sesshomaru as usual. I suggest you swallow that before the day is out or your parents will find out that you whored yourself out to your lord." She said smiling but cruelly.

"What is this?" Wakana asked as her hand shook.

"Something to rid you of the pup you carry. You are the not the first bitch I have to do this to. Did you think you were special? Oh you precious little girl; you did! Sesshomaru has used the excuse of this oni uprising to rid him of you and this problem. He will only mate a bitch from another royal house you realize." The dowager lady said laughing.

"I do not believe you! He told me he loves me!" The young bitch said shaking and tears streamed down her face.

"Oh he told you that line too? He told Lady Kiyomi, Lady Yachi, Lady Taji, Lady Echiko, and Lady Rika. Those are the ones in recent memory. Do you need me to continue to be cruel or will you just use sense and do as you need and save your honor; that of your family as well?" The beautiful mother of current lord said in a nasty tone.

Natsumi stood and she patted Wakana on the shoulder and she was shaking as tears poured down her face. The dowager lady had a nasty little smile as she left the family castle and Wakana downed the vile liquid. Later in the day it brought on a vicious flux and she was in bad shape; she was in a fever but she was nursed through it as her body was rid of the pup she had actually wanted desperately. Self-hatred and shame ate her alive and she directed her father to conduct the mating contract on her behalf of herself and Sir Yuuta. She stipulated that the union should take place as soon as possible.

Yuuta was extremely pleased by the change in attitude of Wakana and while he was not madly in love with her; he respected her deeply. They were officially mated two days later and she had asked that he try and pup her right away. They agreed that they both wished to provide the House of Yuu several heirs; Wakana did not expect Yuuta to be faithful to her and she wanted to be free to carry on an extremely discrete relationship with her first love. Yuuta had no issue with this as long as there was no question that his pups were his and she swore on her honor that it would be so. So it was it that Yuuta found his mating completely agreeable and his new mate was not yet with pup but they had forged the alliance so wanted by their families.
------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
Hideaki and Sesshomaru had returned to Southern palace complex that housed the troops and his lead general's apartments. The Western Lord looked forward to letting his precious Wakana know of his return and his intention was to officially mate this very night. He had confided in Hideaki everything and his best friend had never seen Sesshomaru truly this content in his life. They had shared a bottle of the Taisho's excellent sake and Sesshomaru had discretely sent Jaken to send for Wakana but the kappa came back looking frightened and he threw himself prostrate on the floor before his lord and Sesshomaru was confused and irritated.

"This Sesshomaru summoned the Lady Wakana; where is she?" He demanded in a bored tone.

"Milord...I...that is to say; I was told...that Lady Wakana is lately mated to Sir Yuuta." Jaken confessed and then waited for the great inu to kill him.

Coldness entered Sesshomaru's eyes and Jaken knew to run and Dakkasou began to leak from his claws and he was seeing red. He had taken in sake and he was not exactly thinking straight but he carried himself to Yuuta's castle personally and Lord Sesshomaru; Lord of the Western Lands of Honshu pounded upon the castle doors and it was loud. It was also nothing like him. It was fairly late and Yuuta was furious and he answered his own door and there was the Western lord and he looked murderous.

"Sir Yuuta! You mated Lady Wakana during his Sesshomaru's absence! You are a noble and a councilman; your actions are treason!" The Western Lord seethed.

"Excuse me my lord? Since when do we council members owe the date of our matings to you? Lady Wakana is the one who requested as such! She did her duty to her family as I did to mine. How is that your personal business?" Yuuta demanded in outrage.

Wakana briefly saw him and the utter betrayal and hate she saw on his face; she knew she had been played by Natsumi. She saw Sesshomaru growing his Dakkasou whip and Wakana ran between the two men and she fell to her knees. She could not tell him the full truth but she could point him to it.

"My lord please! I beg you to please not be angry with Sir Yuuta. I only carried through with the contracts as our families wished. Your own lady mother visited me herself and conveyed her wishes." Wakana said with a lowered head.

Sesshomaru knew immediately what she had told him and he still felt the sting of betrayal for her believing the lying whore that birthed him. It was well known how he felt about Natsumi and for Wakana to have believed her lies; it broke something in him and he lowered his hand.

"Leave court. This Sesshomaru will not suffer the presence of those faithless and betraying, grasping and greedy filth!" Sesshomaru hissed at mainly at Yuuta but she felt the sting.

"My lord!" She tried to beg.

"You are dead to us." He said so softly that only she heard him.

Sesshomaru left and Wakana was left to sob and Yuuta was left to hate the arrogant son of a whore. He had not been able to mate Wakana so he threatened a member of his noble council and he had to pack his household up to go to Kyoto until recalled. Sesshomaru eventually would call them back as the House of Yuu's riches would beckon them back. Yuuta intended to be the biggest pain in the ass he could possibly be in the meantime.

Sesshomaru ended up in the Southern palace complex and he was getting terribly drunk without the eyes of the rest of the court.

"What do you intend to do my lord?" Hideaki asked softly.

"It is spoken that the hanyou still sleeps in that village in the East. I intend to find out and take back Tetsaiga. The Taisho should have left Sounga and Tetsaiga to me anyway! It is high time I take it back. To hell with bitches; all of them! You will be regent in my absence and have my mother watched most closely. I will write." He said rising.

"Sesshomaru! How long do you intend to be gone?" Hideaki asked calling him his given name.

"I do not know Hideaki but do not fail me. Enough people have already failed me in life. I will write." Sesshomaru said leaving the general to stare at the spot his best friend and lord had stood.

Hideaki had seen Sesshomaru hurt and wounded many times but this; this had broken something in him. The last part of Sesshomaru that could love and be loved in returned was gone; all that was left, was a cold and merciless youkai lord.
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
It was more than five years and Sesshomaru only returned to the West a couple of times in that time. Hideaki acted as regent and he was a much harsher task master than Sesshomaru was. He was organized, highly intelligent, and hellaciously tenacious. He was also NOT from a noble family and THAT pissed off the noble council. Natsumi tried to bully her way on many things and Hideaki finally just put her under house arrest and removed her from court and exiled to an island off the coast of the Western Lands and problem solved for him. He REALLY hated the whore of a mother of his best friend; while his best friend exorcised his youkai in his soul against the greatest the evil the lands had seen, he did his lord proud. One trip home was to bring home a little human girl named Rin and the West was shocked stupid that Lord Sesshomaru; the most feared youkai lord in all of Asia would have a little ningen onna following him around but his dragon Au-Un loved the little girl. Jaken was arranging many things for the little girl in the way of some clothes and what not and then they were off again.

Hideaki would receive the odd letter from Sesshomaru over the next couple of years as the battles with Naraku heated up. Hideaki still could not believe that Inuyasha; his lord's hanyou half-brother, had cut off his left arm but it had happened. Sesshomaru had written some time later to say that Naraku and Magatushi had the arrogance to think that, THIS Sesshomaru could be contained by the likes of them. He mentioned later on in the letter of the most irritating and loud mouthed onna he had ever met in his life. She was an uppyr of all things and she was Russian to boot. Hideaki knew that no one else would EVER get this sort of information and he was smiling as he read and he read with actual delight this woman was annoying him...

"Hideaki the Kamis themselves must have the most infinite patience when listening to this creature when she is on a tirade! She bitches more than the bitches at court. She has the ability to channel yoki and since this Sesshomaru's yoki is considerable; she channeled mine. She needed THAT connection and even then she could not shut up. Why in the Kamis name; I engaged her again because she is such an arrogant onna. I do have to confess that she is pleasing to gaze upon. She has hair the color of ebony silk and her eyes are the color of the softest, warmest brown. Oh Kamis she is yelling again! I will write again as soon as I am able. Pray I do not kill this onna."

Hideaki could not help but smirk and he could read between the lines. Whoever this onna was; she had made a lover of Sesshomaru. He would not have remarked of her looks otherwise and the idea that she was "yelling" meant that she was NOT afraid of him and she must be a powerful onna in her own right. That was something totally foreign to his lord and best friend as well; a youkai onna who was a taiyoukai and NOT afraid of him. The next letter made him actually laugh out loud and his troops looked at him.

General Hideaki,
I fear your lord has gone officially mad. The harpy's name is Augusta Elizaveta Orlovich and she does not listen to reason. She does not follow my rule and does what she pleases anyway. I tell her that I want Rin and Kohaku somewhere else; they are right beside us because "they are safer". She says that I am a terrible Chichi. I did not ask for these children! Augusta goes on and on about how she will kill Naraku. She was used ill by Naraku and Magatushi but she refuses to listen to reason about that either. It is her honor she says. She does not understand that I stand in to avenge her honor for her. She has to do it for herself. I admit this only to you Hideaki; she speaks of hating Japan and she speaks of leaving after Naraku is defeated. I should rejoice in the idea. Augusta is nothing but a supreme pain in the backside; but when the sun is setting her hair looks afire with glints of deep red that can only be seen in such light. She cries out in her sleep and I am certain she runs from depravity but she says nothing. Why should I give one damn if I never see this onna again?

Hideaki wanted to yell at his friend that his heart had thawed and he was letting someone in but one could not tell Sesshomaru that. Feelings meant weakness and Sesshomaru was ANYTHING but weak. Oh no, he would rather die than admit he had a weakness and Hideaki sighed as he received another letter many weeks later.

Hideaki,

She was to bear my pup. The anguish and pain I saw and even felt coming from her; she wanted my pup. I demanded for her to let me assist her, I demanded that she allow me to do anything. She left and I did not follow at first. Rin asked me who would do her hair. My mind was blank and the onna's voice that had been so irritating before; I found the silence intolerable. I left Au-Un and Jaken to care for Kohaku and Rin in a sheltered cave and I backtracked. I followed her scent and she was being reckless. She had been bleeding and the vermin could and would have found her. She screamed at me that our pup was hers. She wanted something that was just hers. I made her the offer to stop running and bear my heir. She is not a backstabbing inu bitch; she wants nothing of my title or lands. She laughed me off and she said sure as long as she had her freedom. I lost my head. Augusta had the temerity to suggest an open mating. I lost it and I took her and I had to admit the truth; somehow in the many months since meeting the irritating and irate Russian uppyr, this Sesshomaru has grown to admire and respect her. While I learned to respect and admire her; I fell in love with her. I took her as my mate and I told her that no other youkai or man will ever touch her but me. She is my equal in intelligence and nearly in yoki. I cannot wake in the morning without seeing my beloved Augusta's eyes nor shall I go to sleep and not bathe in her sweetest scent. I will be bringing home the West's new lady within the next six months. I will write again when the hanyou has been defeated.

Hideaki knew actual joy for his friend and he could read the happiness in his letter. He referred to this unknown onna as beloved. It warmed Hideaki and he actually could not wait to meet the onna who had been able to quicken his cold and hate filled heart after the betrayal of his own mother and Wakana. Such an onna was a prize indeed he was certain.
-------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------
It was within the six months as Sesshomaru predicted and the Western Lord returned with his left INTACT, a mate, and two human children. The noble council was in utter shock at his choice in mate and there was uproar and he was pacing back and forth in forth in front of the nobles as they dared to dictate to him.

"You in fact take a mate that is NOT inu; what will your pups be Lord Sesshomaru? This is unreasonable and unsanctioned." Sir Yuuta said with outrage.

"I have to second that my lord. She is not even Chinese or Korean. That would have been infinitely more suitable but she is European!" Sir Yahun seconded.

Lord Sesshomaru turned his glacial eyes especially to Yuuta and the younger statesman felt as though this was personal to him; especially.

"This Sesshomaru's choice in mate is MORE THAN appropriate for the Western Lands! She is a taiyoukai of her kind, she is honorable, and she is incredibly astute and intelligent and will be more than a fair regent whilst this Sesshomaru fights battles. She is no simpering, back stabbing whore of a bitch Sir Yuuta! Lady Augusta will be given EVERY respect due her rank as my mate and as the Western Lady as she took the vows before the inugami as did this Sesshomaru. Anymore words against your lady and your heads will be removed from your bodies." Lord Sesshomaru said with ice in his tone.

Hideaki was standing nearby and the noblemen sat down and kept their silence. The fact that the foreign onna had taken vows before the inugami and the inu courts accepted the mating made their objections moot. Yuuta was furious and the idea that a Russian youkai was their lady was unfathomable and there was a ruckus outside of the council meeting and Rin ran in followed by Augusta. Rin was only six years old and still impetuous.

"Sesshomaru?" Rin asked him.

"You must not call me that here anymore." He said softly.

"What did we talk about Rin?" Augusta said sweetly.

"OH! Hai! You said my chichi and haha go to the good netherworld so I need chichi and haha. You say, I am not Sesshomaru-sama no more; I am Chichi and you’re not Gusta but Haha." The little ningen rattled on.

Hideaki could not help but smirk and Augusta gave him a dazzling smile and she heard the council grumbling and wondering if THIS was to be the lord's heir and she gave the nobleman named Sir Yuuta a scathing look.

"No Sir Yuuta. I am to give his lord a pup very soon but I am sure he will be most glad to hear what you think." She smiled sweetly.

"The Western Lady." Sesshomaru said with a haughty look and he narrowed his cold look at Yuuta.

Augusta had picked up Rin and struggled in her arms and she had to give Sesshomaru a hug and kiss. The inu were shocked stupid and the Western lady managed to wrestle her to take a bath. She had a sweet and beautiful laugh and the look Hideaki caught Sesshomaru giving her was one of absolute adoration. A couple of the other councilmen saw it and the room was quiet.

"Dismissed except Sir Yuuta." The Lord commanded.

Hideaki was going to go but Sesshomaru commanded him to stay. Yuuta stood before the Western Lord and he looked as haughty and arrogant as ever and it was evident these two men hated each other.

"What were your thoughts Yuuta? Enlighten this Sesshomaru; I will know if you lie as Augusta's yoki includes telepathy." The bastard lord said with cruelty in his face.

"You show up after fighting that devil with one of your fellow prisoners it is said. How certain of her past are you my lord? This child, we are not expecting HER to be your heir are we?" Yuuta asked bluntly.

Hideaki could not have stopped him and Sesshomaru struck Yuuta's cheek and the councilman fell to his pillow and the young lord was growling low in his throat.

"Not that it is ANY of your fucking business Sir Yuuta but Augusta means princess. She is royalty in Russia and you are an indulged pig! Rin was left parentless after youkai swept her village and she shows more loyalty and honor than many inu this Sesshomaru knows; so no, she cannot be the heir, but YOU WILL call her your royal highness." He said Dakkasou actually dropped a bit on Yuuta's arm.

The councilman was hissing in pain and he nodded. Sesshomaru would kill for the onna and child; it did not matter what the convention was, the son of the Inu-no-Taisho had no intention of following traditions on ANYTHING and Yuuta left disgusted by the young lord who was actually older than him by a couple of centuries but the House of Yuu was a long distinguished line and had always served the royal family but this lord was arrogance and conceit to the core. It made purely sick and the more he dealt with him; the more he wished to defy him.
------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------
Natsumi had been conditionally allowed back to court and Rin was running through the royal wing and Augusta was laughing trying to keep the human child under control.

"She is too used to the forests Sesshomaru. She also misses Kohaku." Augusta said using her telekinesis so she could brush out the wild girl's hair.

"Rin?" Sesshomaru questioned.

"Hai Sessh...I mean Chichi?" Rin asked excited.

"You are this Sesshomaru and Augusta's daughter now. You live in our home and we are not camping in the woods with Au-Un and Jaken. You MUST contain yourself little one. You have a brother on the way." He said kneeling as his mate brushed out her now long raven hair.

"I do?" She asked incredibly excited.

"Your name is Hironaka Rin. You are a part of the royal family of the Western Lands of Honshu. Do you understand what that means?" Sesshomaru asked her.

"Ummm I think real hard but I don't know Sessh...I mean Chichi." the small ningen child said shyly.

"Chichi is lord. Chichi is the same as king in another land. You are a princess now and princesses do not act wild in the palace. You may play so outside like so but not inside. Do you understand? You also have lessons that you have to learn." He said palming her little cheek.

"What does Rin learn?" Rin asked innocently.

"Well Haha will teach you reading and writing in Japanese, Russian, Chinese, and a few other languages. I will teach you history, geography, and several other things but I am no good at math. I think Chichi will have to teach you sums. I was terrible at them." Augusta answered and laughed with that sweet sound.

Sesshomaru's heart constricted and the look she gave him made him lose his mind. The inu nanny had a sense about her and her name was Mayu. She took the little ningen girl to the kitchens to get food and the little girl was actually a beauty once cleaned up and dressed in the proper clothes. Sesshomaru pulled his mate up into his arms and he stared down into her eyes that were a delicate cinnamon with a deep brown rim around the iris. She shut her stunning eyes and her inu kissed her eyelids and near the beauty mark below the corner of her left eye. Her nose was next and his hot breath ghosted across the skin of her cheeks and she moaned as she turned her full lips to his and threaded her claws fingers through her long silver tresses. Their lips did not quite touch and Augusta was near whining and Sesshomaru smiled softly as his mate was getting anxious in his arms.

"Sesshomaru!" Augusta whined softly.

"Hai mate?" He asked wickedly.

"You brat! You giant dog, oh I wish I could sit you for an entire month you arrogant dog!" She lost her temper.

"Tell this Sesshomaru how you would sit me, eh Augusta?" He asked smirking.

Augusta Elizaveta Orlovich was an extreme amongst her species and she was no weakling and she actually shoved her new mate onto his ass onto their futon and she literally shredded his hakama. His erection was savagely stiff and she swallowed him and this had been the first female he had ever encountered that had ever done this to him. She was so careful of her fangs but the pleasure was mind numbing and she would path such wickedly hedonistic things but also things; wonderful and perfect things.

-My god. You are so beautiful. You are a god. Lay back my perfect mate as I bring to the brink; then make your bitch scream your name. I love you. Sesshomaru, I love you. - She pathed to him as she delivered him such powerful passion.

"Hai my mate. I love you. Always love you. Mine!" Sesshomaru growled as his beast crashed into his mind.

Soon the whirlwind of love and passion was too much and he took her with his whole soul. That was the part of him that had never understood; he could absolutely not stand her when he met her, but by the time she had left because of the miscarriage, the idea of her gone from his life felt like a death. It had been unbearable and so he had taken her as his life mate. Now he knew it was fate because the love and passion between them was unlike anything before and Augusta eclipsed any onna before her; even Wakana.
--------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------Yasu was confused as hell because she had been carrying fine and now she was on her futon bleeding out. Sesshomaru was going insane and Hideaki had to literally drag him out of the room. Augusta had been perfectly fine the day before and their boy pup was moving just fine and she had been so happy. This morning she had tried to stand up and she had begun to scream; she screamed that his mind silent and the bleeding began not long after and now she was bleeding out. What made things worse was when Natsumi came in to check on her daughter in law and she clucked her tongue as she inquired as to how was the half breed brat. Sesshomaru had to be stopped from killing his own mother. Hideaki was hearing whispers and he did not want to believe it and Augusta could literally hear the mental whisperings and she looked at Hideaki with a white face.

"Sesshomaru?" Augusta asked in a weak voice.

"Hai Augusta?" He asked in a crazed tone.

"Send her away please. Please. I beg you." She began to sob and her mate nodded.

Sesshomaru strode from his private rooms and he called on his mother and Hideaki was beside him and he glared at his mother. He had not heard the whisperings yet; but Augusta wanted her gone, Natsumi would be gone.

"I want you gone from court. You offend this Sesshomaru." He snapped loudly.

"And where am I to go to my lord?" Natsumi asked with mounting hate.

"Return to your exile on the island that Hideaki installed you in before. That will please us immensely. Leave now before I hasten your exit to the Netherworld!" Lord Sesshomaru snarled in his growing misery.

He heard a screaming sob and he directed Hideaki to take his mother immediately and Hideaki growled in her ear.

"Someday you will expose your treachery and they will prove your treason bitch!" He hissed in her ear.

"No idea of what you are talking about but until such a day if it were to happen; I live in luxury." She smiled as she was taken out of the Western palace.

Sesshomaru walked into his rooms and Augusta was sobbing terribly as she had delivered a dead pup. He was nearly full term and he had her black hair the crescent moon. He went to his knees and held his knees as they shrouded the infant pup and she was shaking in horror. Yasu ended up sedating her and Sesshomaru intended to enshrine him; he did not think Augusta could handle the babe burning; he did not think he could handle it. He was named Katsurou and he was enshrined in a tiny vault in the family tombs. Augusta lay abed for many weeks and the joy of the Western Palace was replaced by an intense sadness as the new lady suffered from such a personal loss.
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
"Well all I am saying Wakana; she is NOT inu, maybe the two types of youkai are not compatible." Yuuta said as he readied himself for bed.

She was in heat and so it was their time to "do their duty" and she was to try and have an heir. Yuuta and she had actually become close friends but there was no overwhelming passion; oh the rutting was more than pleasant enough but Yuuta had a short string of court bitches that he lavished attention and her first love in the way of a black inu named Konae Anzai was in her life. He was mated politically to another silver and it was about as loving as her own.

"I think this grudge you and Lord Sesshomaru is ridiculous and destructive! That is what I think but what I think does not matter because I do not sit on the council." Wakana snorted.

"No onna you do not." Her mate said looking down at her in annoyance.

"Just get on with it Yuuta. I should like to go to Kyoto tomorrow." His mate said rolling her eyes.

"After this bit of snippiness from you? I think not. Do you mean to tell me you ever took him seriously?" Yuuta asked raising a silver brow.

"Whether I took him seriously or not; it is YOU I mated for duty. Is duty not the highest moral value you place upon family in this house? If you shall not take advantage of my heat than I am leaving." His legal mate said trying to rise.

"Did you ever entertain him beyond a fancy?" He demanded.

"No Yuuta. How could I? My family is not high enough or illustrious enough for the royal family." Wakana snorted as if offended.

She shut herself off from old pain and she suffered alone. She hated the Western lady not personally but because she was supposed to be her. Wakana considered herself to be the stupidest onna alive and she had carried Sesshomaru's pup and she had aborted it. It seemed now she was having trouble getting pupped and if she did not get so this time around; she intended to see a famed witch of some repute to try and see if she could get pupped. She hated Natsumi with a passion and she considered that onna as having ruined her life. If she could not have Sesshomaru then she would at least have a family.

"Let us not quarrel Wakana. We both knew what we were doing and I hold you in high respect and esteem for being honest with me." Yuuta said brushing silver hair out of her face.

"Of course sir. Come let us go to bed and make your heir." She smiled playfully.

He smiled and he sometimes wished he had mated for love like his parents and grandparents. Their marriages had been arranged; their unions had been strong and passionate. Wakana and he were lukewarm friends at best. The physical was all automatic and he felt badly that it was so between them and he fell asleep wishing that he could love her. He wondered if he demanded a more exclusive mating that he could learn. He did not think one could "learn" to fall in love and he heard breathing in and out and he sighed deeply. Yuuta rose and he slipped out of his "marital" futon and he put on informal haori and hakama and he slipped away into the night and he was meeting his newest lover; Lady Yuri. She was from the Toyoda clan and they were a small clan of golden inu and she was a stunning bitch with golden hair and clear, blue eyes. Hai Yuri got Yuuta's blood boiling and him maddened in lust and his true mate got him into a sense of duty and honor. He was a firm believer; mating was not for love but for the honor of the family. Lovers could always be had and one could love; it just was rare inside of a mating. He was absolutely positive Sesshomaru's own mating would sour after a time, it always did.
------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------
“My Lord! My Lord!” his mate's servant screamed from down the hall.

Sesshomaru's gut twisted at the urgency of the call. He stood and the wench Mayu bowed before the Western Lord.

“My Lord your Lady needs you!” she said

“Explain your worry.” He demanded as he followed her from his study.

“The pup is coming my Lord.” She said quietly.

Sesshomaru's blood ran cold at the news; it was still too soon. She had been so happy as of late. She had been confined to their futon for the majority of her pregnancy and it seemed this time would be different. Anger overcame him at the unfairness of it all. He had finally found his soul mate and she was unable to give him what they both wanted the most; offspring of their own. He reached their shared chambers and the scent that assaulted his nose was blood, lots of it. He walked in and there was the healer trying to stop the blood and Augusta looked at Sesshomaru sadly.

“The pains began my Lord. She is labor but she is hemorrhaging.” The healer said urgently.

“No! Do whatever is necessary to save her!” Sesshomaru said in a cold voice.

“Does the pup still live?” Augusta cried.

“Hai my Lady but it will not survive for long.” The old inu said shaking his head.

“Get out! Mayu do as we discussed. Leave Sesshomaru.” Augusta ordered weakly.

“Excuse me? How dare you order me from my own chambers!” he replied indignantly.

“Shut up and leave.” His mate snarled.

He stared at her in utter disbelief and growled. Mayu looked between the Lord and Lady and Sesshomaru saw the glint of a blade.

“What are you planning to do?” he asked as dread overcame him.

“I said leave!” she snarled.

“No.” he replied.

“My Lord please.” Mayu said bowing.

“What are you going to do?” he asked Mayu.

“Save the pup.” She answered bluntly.

“Augusta?” he asked.

“The longer you stand here and argue the less chance I have to save my babe.” She snarled again.

Sesshomaru looked at his mate hard then stood and left. There was so much blood and Mayu had a blade. He felt a barrier go up around the chamber and looked up and realized she intended to have the pup cut from her womb. He tried to pass through the barrier and could not. He had not even known she could produce one.

“Augusta!” he yelled.

“Mayu I cannot hold the barrier long. Do it now.” She ordered her servant.

“Hai my lady. This will hurt.” Mayu said as she ran the blade along a flame.

“I will not scream. You must save the pup. I do not matter.” She muttered.

Mayu took a deep breath and prayed to every Kami she knew that her training as a midwife would be enough. She had become attached to the current Lady of the West and wished for her happiness. She lowered the short sharp blade to the Augusta's left hip bone and proceeded to cut low on her belly. This type of delivery was normally done after a mother had already died. She watched as the skin was sliced open. She went through each layer as slowly as she dared and true to her word, Augusta never uttered a word. Mayu placed the blade down on a clean cloth and reached into the Lady's open womb and felt the pup. She pulled it out and was met almost immediately with a lusty cry of a silver haired girl.

“My Lady! You have a girl and the yoki is coming off of her in waves!” Mayu said excited.

“I cannot hold the barrier. Let me see her.” She demanded fiercely.

Mayu brought the pup wrapped in fur blanket to her mother. The female was a perfect miniature of Lord Sesshomaru but in female form. Augusta smiled down at her tiny pup and listened as she cried loudly.

“Her lungs are strong, she will live.” Augusta said relieved.

“My Lady there is another pup!” Mayu said urgently.

“Get it out Mayu!” she cried.

The barrier collapsed as Augusta got weaker. Sesshomaru came in immediately and in a near feral state. He looked down at his mate who was almost devoid of color but holding a squirming screaming miniature of him.

“I have given you a daughter my Lord.” She said in a whisper.

Sesshomaru's hands actually shook when he picked up the tiny pup. She was small but perfect. She was crying loudly and he lowered his head and scented her and was assaulted with her tiny power. She exuded all kinds of yoki and he knew this tiny pup would someday rival his own power and she was female! Sesshomaru watched with hooded eyes as Mayu pulled from his mate's womb another tiny pup and his mouth almost dropped open. He screamed as loudly as his twin sister and Sesshomaru could not believe their good fortune. The pups were almost a full two months early but they were perfect.

“You have a son too my Lord.” Mayu said wrapping the male pup in a fur blanket.

Sesshomaru looked down at his offspring and possessiveness took a hold of him that he had never known. The female had all the markings of his house and the male had his hair but not the markings. Augusta reached up and pulled on the sleeve of his haori and his heart twisted. He went to his knees so that his beloved mate could see their pups. He laid the two next to each other and Augusta. The twins calmed instantly as they were next to each other.

“Their chichioya needs to name them.” She said smiling.

“Augusta!” he whispered.

“I need to know their names. I do not think even I can survive this kind of blood loss. Name them my love.” She urged him.

“Asuna and Osamu.” He said quietly.

“Perfect names for them. I think Asuna has inherited her chichi's power.” She said barely above a whisper.

“Can you save her?” Sesshomaru asked Mayu.

“I found the reason for the bleeding my Lord. I am trying to stop it.” Mayu said urgently.

Mayu worked furiously to sew up the incisions. She had pulled out one of the sponge like organs that nourished the pups. The other one had already separated and that was no good.

“It is ok Sesshomaru. I wanted this.” Augusta said as her eyes were fluttering.

“Fight to stay awake, I will feed you!” he said in an angry voice.

“Not hungry. I guess this is different. I am dying my love but it will be ok.” She whispered.

Sesshomaru's eyes hardened and remembered the Tensaiga he wore.

“I will revive you if necessary.” He said in her ear.

“My Lord.” Mayu hissed.

“Hai?” he said turning his head.

“I have staunched the bleeding. It is in the Kami's hands now.” She said wiping her brow.

“Will she make it?” he asked in a low voice.

“I believe so. She will fight to stay alive; she wanted these pups more than anything.” She said bowing.

“You are to be Asuna and Osamu's nurse.” He commanded.

“Hai my Lord!” she said bowing.

“Where did you gain the knowledge for this?” he asked with curiosity piqued.

“The Lady herself. She had texts sent from the lands West of China. They were in a strange language she called Latin.” Mayu said shrugging.

Sesshomaru looked down at his mate whose breathing was slow but regular.

“I shall bring the Lady Rin to meet her brother and sister. My Lord?” Mayu said timidly.

“Hai?” he asked.

“I think Lady Augusta could not safely birth anymore pups.” She replied quietly.

“This Sesshomaru understands.” He said looking down at the tiny inu onna.
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
Word soon reached the entire palace complex and soon all of the Western Lands that Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Augusta had been blessed by the Kamis with a set of twins. It was said that Lady Augusta was still recovering and the birth had nearly caused her death but she was going to survive. She had given birth through the stomach and survived. It was considered good fortune when twins were born but even better fortune when at least one was a boy. Sesshomaru was in his study when the noble council assembled and the pups were dressed; and the girl pup had a on a white gown edged in the red sakura blossoms and a yellow ribbon was stitched around the middle of her gown showing off the West's colors. The prince wore a tiny haori and baby hakama in the same colors as well. The princess had ALL of the exact same markings of her chichi and the prince was missing the crescent moon. Yuuta was actually hatefully jealous but he had to admit they were beautiful pups.

"Lady Augusta delivered the West's heir last week but they were born early. This Sesshomaru delayed the introduction to let them grow a little. This crown princess's name is Asuna and the crown prince is Osamu. By virtue of her birth order and her yoki; the Lady Asuna will be made the heir apparent of the Western Lands of Honshu." He announced.

The entire noble council broke out in shocked questioning and it was completely irregular that a female would be named heir when a male was available. Sesshomaru was getting seriously angry very quickly and he laid Asuna in Mayu's arms and Osamu was already in her other arm.

"Yahun?" Sesshomaru asked a noble with suppressed rage.

"A bitch my lord? It just is not done! We would be the laughing stock of the entire youkai world! How do you know the princess's yoki outshines her brother's? They are only a week old? You intend to what; train her in a dojo and as a warrior?" The older inu scoffed.

"I agree with Yahun." Mamoru said crossing his and the grey inu looked Sesshomaru straight in his amber eyes.

"You can break old laws about bitch's rights to marry, mate, and inherit monies but this is different Lord Sesshomaru; surely you can see that?" Sir Suzu said but respectfully.

"Lord Sesshomaru sees himself above convention gentlemen and we nobles are nothing but a show pony to him. He intends to parade a waif of a girl who has yoki. She has the blood of the Taisho in her veins; she is and was bound to be a powerful bitch but to name a female the heir to the West is your worst folly yet!" Yuuta said scoffing Sesshomaru blatantly.

Sesshomaru lost his temper completely and his fist connected Yuuta's jaw and down went the lead councilman. Sesshomaru's eyes were red and he dared another noble to say another word and his anger was gathering out of control.

"This Sesshomaru has spoken. There is NO debate. The Lady Asuna is this Sesshomaru's heir as the physicians and others have confirmed for fact that her yoki IS stronger than Prince Osamu's and SHE was born FIRST. It is her birthright by order of her birth and her power. Say another word any of you; this Sesshomaru's claws will shed blood this day." The inu lord said in his beastly voice.

The noble council had actually never feared the young lord before but every single one of them did that day; even Yuuta did, his jaw was broken and it wounded his pride as well as his reputation. There was no longer a question and the Western Lands would FURTHER defy convention and not only did bitches have more rights than onna in other lands but the possible future ruler of their lands was an onna. She was a beautiful pup as was her brother but it was true; all anyone had to do was come near her and they could feel the infant princess simmering and bathed in yoki.

It was later in the evening and Hideaki had been mission securing the Southern border where snakes liked to infest both sides of Lord Hikaru's lands and Western Lands. Sesshomaru was sitting cross legged and he was holding something in his left arm as he wrote with his right hand with his fine brush and ink. His best friend and lead general came in and bowed before him and Sesshomaru saw the shoji door was shut and he a smile lit up his beautiful patrician face.

"You have someone to meet Hideaki. She is the most beautiful bitch in the West." He murmured.

Hideaki was certain Lady Augusta had delivered and his lord and friend came forward and laid this small girl pup in his waiting hands. She fit in both of his hands and she was sucking her thumb and she had every single one of her chichi's markings and he lifted her little gown and she even had magenta stripes on her tiny little hips and legs. Hideaki was making funny noises as he chuckled and saw the tiny miniature of Sesshomaru but in female form. The female pup was also bathed in his yoki; she was leaking it and the inu general was shocked and amazed and the tiny princess opened her eyes. They were literally a cross between Lady Augusta and his lord's amber eyes.

"She is simply stunning Sesshomaru. Oh Kamis look at that! She is yawning. How cute is that?" Hideaki actually chuckled.

"You my friend need a pup too." He laughed softly.

"Only if she is as perfect as the princess. Kamis Sesshomaru; I have never seen such a pretty girl pup. Her hair is so long for a newborn." His general said gently touching the soft down of the infant princess.

"She has a twin brother as well. His name is Osamu. I will show you later when Augusta brings him. He is a very lazy and long feeder. Asuna feeds swiftly." He said looking at his pup with possessive love.

"Who was born first?" His friend asked curiously.

"Asuna was. She is my eldest and I told the council as such. She has the most yoki and she is the eldest. I told them she is my heir." He shrugged.

"Oh I am sure that went over REALLY well." Hideaki snorted.

"I broke Yuuta's jaw." Sesshomaru smirked coldly.

"Good. Arrogant fucking prick. I hate that smug son of a bitch. Well little princess if you have the power; why should you not be the heir? You are going to be are you not?" His best friend asked his tiny girl.

Sesshomaru's baby girl made a baby sound and Hideaki laughed. Sesshomaru held her up so he could stare into her eyes deeply and the look he gave the precious little being caught Hideaki in the gut and Augusta was in the doorway with Osamu. He loved his pups; he was in love with them both but there was something about his baby girl she realized. Sesshomaru kept going on and on in private how much she looked like her in the face. He could not stop stroking her cheek and he held her constantly. He held Osamu no doubt but it was obvious that Asuna was his favorite.

"Hello Hideaki! This is our son; Prince Osamu." Augusta said smiling.

Hideaki took the infant prince and the boy pup was gorgeous as well. He too simmered in yoki but his sister's was just smothering. Augusta was going to take them both back but Sesshomaru said no; he would bring Asuna himself. She looked back and she knew and hoped she could compensate for the obvious favoritism he was already showing.

"To your heir the Crown Princess and her majesty the Lady Asuna." Hideaki said pouring a saucer of sake.

Sesshomaru accepted it and Hideaki poured himself some as well. They downed the shots and it was perfect. The Western Lord could honestly stare at his baby girl all day; she had Augusta's facial features and all of his coloring. She was going to be a coveted onna and he would have to protect her most ardently. He fully expected that offers of mating/marriages would start coming in within the next few years but he would not yoke her like that. He would refuse them all. He again held her up and her eyes were open and she was looking into his amber eyes as he looked into her golden brownish-amber eyes. He kissed her tiny mouth and she made a noise and he kissed her again.

"You will always know love. You will never doubt that you are loved our precious Asuna. You will always know how much your Haha and I love and adore you and Osamu. My perfect little angel." He said holding her close.

Hideaki had quietly slipped out to give his friend privacy with his first born. He only hoped that when he became a father; he loved the pup's mother as deeply as Sesshomaru loved Augusta.
-------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------
Lady Wakana had to seek out the famous ningen witch named Tamiko and she had begged her for help with her problems with conception. Tamiko had looked her over carefully and she prepared a special "brew" she said and Wakana had taken it and Tamiko had a pleasant touch but a terrible pain was felt in her abdomen. It brought on a flux but the ningen had no fear. She swore on her next heat that she would conceive. Wakana was doubtful but Yuuta had been humiliated by Lord Sesshomaru the six months since the twins had been born. The little princess was the darling of the palace and it was rumored she was learning to sit up already and her twin brother was not far behind her. Wakana still carried the bitterness in her heart about the treachery of Natsumi and Sesshomaru's inability to see her side of things. It all stung but it proved that Sesshomaru was incapable of accepting failure or mistakes in anyone; his mate was not perfect and Wakana was certain that she would fail him one day.

It was the time of her next heat and Yuuta looked as enthusiastic as one would be to change clothes. She was so sick of this that she had stormed of the chambers and she began to down sake and she was tired of being mated to a man who was lukewarm at best.

"Wakana! What are you doing?" Yuuta snapped.

"I felt like some sake if that is okay with you Yuuta. I mean I know I am not Yuri or Mayako but at least PRETEND some sort of enthusiasm. You know it might help me conceive if we BOTH found our pleasure." Wakana said bitterly.

"Excuse me? Are you saying this is my fault? You are the one who has not been conceiving. You are criticizing me in bed?" He demanded.

"Oh is your ego crushed? I could get more feeling from a marble phallus Yuuta." She replied coldly.

Yuuta was incensed and Sesshomaru had sanctioned him publicly and he had been heavily fined for his outburst and the lord had said; he had better be glad it was only a fine he had to pay and not with his tongue or life. The lord was setting a charter for disaster but no one seemed to continue to tell the truth but him but he paid heavily for it. Now he was here listening to his mate tell him that he was NOT a good a lover and he snarled. He grabbed her sake saucer and smashed it. Yuuta grabbed her and his kiss was abrupt but it was deep. She actually moaned into it and she melted against him as the anger from Sesshomaru and hurt pride poured into his need to dominate. Yuuta would never hurt an onna but he most certainly make one submit; and make Wakana submit he did. He had never seen her so lost in their mating act. She was whining and begging for him and her passion ignited his as they ended up spending the entire night taking and being taken. It was not what he was used to in Wakana but the change was actually a slight balm to his bruised ego.

------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
Seven months later Wakana delivered a healthy and LARGE boy pup and Yuuta was so proud and he was named Yuudai. The boy became her joy and she was now with Yuuta quite often as she nursed her pup herself and she changed his soiled bottoms as many ladies would use nannies. Wakana found herself in love with a different male and it was her son. Little Yuudai's feet were worshipped by his doting mother and his sire loved him more than he had ever thought possible. The love of their pup brought them closer; they were not in love but they were loving towards the other and Yuuta could not have wanted for a better mother to his pups than Wakana. For now he had no lovers and he concentrated on his tiny son and he watched his son's first raptly as his boy learned to walk and slowly begin to talk. The princess and prince were about a year older than little Yuudai and things calmed down on the council and in the royal household; everyone was too busy being parents to argue.

Yuudai was two years and he had been changing to his true form for about a year and his sire was in his true form and his Chichi had told him to watch him. Little Yuudai avidly watched his father but a rabbit caught his little grey eyes and the bunny was scampering to and fro and he growled softly. He changed form and he lowered himself and gave the bunny chase. Yuuta had come back from the forest and he had brought deer for himself and Yuudai but his boy was chasing a rabbit and he watched as his two year pup almost lost the rodent but he jumped it and broke its neck. Yuuta changed form and was clapping in praise for his boy. It was quite a feat for such a young pup to be able to give chase and take down prey of ANY size. Another pup suddenly yipped and Yuuta narrowed his eyes and he did not recognize the pup and the little brat stole Yuudai's kill. His boy was thoroughly pissed off and he changed form and he was stomping his little foot. The other pup ate its fill.

Little Yuudai watched the other pup steal his kill and it ATE it in front of him. Suddenly the pup changed in front of him and he was mad. He was real mad and he hit the girl. The girl pup looked shocked and looked at him and she punched him so hard that he fell on his little bottom.

"Don't hit me wittle boy!" The little girl growled loudly.

"Onna! Who are you?" Yuuta snapped out.

"Chichi! Chichi! She stole my bunny! That girl is mean!" Yuudai began to cry.

The little girl was the miniature of Lord Sesshomaru and she had a haughty look to her gorgeous little face. Her silver hair was already long at three years old and came to her tiny bottom. She walked forward and pointed at Yuudai and began to laugh at him.

"Your bunny no good. You a baby. I am Asuna and you a baby! Baby! Baby!" She taunted his younger son.

Little Yuudai got pissed off and Yuuta could not blame him; the princess was as arrogant as her bastard father. Her nursemaid could not be far off and he allowed Yuudai to tackle her in her little kimono and Yuudai in his little haori and hakama. The only problem was the little princess fought like a boy pup and she was hissing and spitting just like Yuudai. Lord Sesshomaru called for her and she was growling like the tiny little spitfire she was and she was bleeding a little and Yuudai was crying a little but he had landed a few kicks and punches.

"Asuna?" Sesshomaru asked his little girl as he picked her up.

"I ate." She said looking up at her chichi and she gave him a brilliant smile.

"More like she stole Yuudai's first kill." Yuuta snorted.

"She takes it lord!" Yuudai shouted said angry at the girl pup.

"Did you take his kill daughter?" Sesshomaru demanded of his heir.

"Hai Chichi. Not my fault he slow!" Asuna tried to defend herself.

"Silence! You are this Sesshomaru's heir. You have honor and you do not take from those who are weaker than you. You protect those weaker than you. Do you understand?" Her chichi demanded.

"Hai sir." His pup pouted.

Sesshomaru sat her down and she had to walk closer to Yuudai and she was pouting as she looked at the boy with grey eyes.

"Sorry you weak. Sorry I take your bunny." Asuna said not wanting to.

The Western lord kept a straight and his face never betrayed a thought but his daughter made him want to laugh his head off. He stood by stoically and Yuuta was glaring daggers at him and he looked at the vermin as if her were filth he trod upon.

"You mean girl." Little Yuudai snorted and he left her standing there and went to his chichi.

"Well my lord; I see we all learned a lesson." Yuuta said bowing.

"Hn. Come Lady Asuna." Sesshomaru commanded his daughter and she took his hand.

She turned her silver head and stuck her tongue out at Yuuta and Yuudai. If it had been HIS pup; Yuudai would have been beaten for being such a snotty brat. It was later at their castle that he was going on and on to Wakana about how Sesshomaru was too indulgent too THAT girl.

"Yuuta stop! It was the antics of very small pups. Please, this rivalry between you and Lord Sesshomaru has to stop! Especially, well especially since we are having another pup." She said exasperated with him.

"We what?" Yuuta said blinking surprised.

"That is what happens when one does what we do." Wakana actually chuckled.

"Really Wakana? This is grand news!" Her mate said with actual excitement.

"What? What?" Yuudai asked jumping up and down.

"Haha is going to have a brother or sister for you." His Chichi said grinning.

"Brother please Haha. I no like girls." Their boy stated quite seriously and they both busted out laughing.

"I shall do my very best for you my precious boy. Now, Haha must sew clothes for our pup." She said feeling blessed finally and she had found some happiness.
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------
Rin was fourteen years old and the twins were six now. Asuna had started the year before in the dojo with her chichi and people began to realize how very serious he was about her being heir. She was schooled in languages, geography, history, and as Augusta had predicted Sesshomaru had to teach her sums. The princess was being tutored to be a proper and prepared little heiress. Offers for political matches had begun arriving the year before and with tremendous happiness; Augusta watched as Sesshomaru would have none of it.

"Surely Lord Sesshomaru if you would only hear the terms of my lord's terms you would consider!" A rare red inu from deep within Central Asia said.

"This Sesshomaru is not in the habit of meat markets. Leave our lands and make it quickly before you lose your head! The Lady Asuna is not on the marriage/mating market nor will the West consider any such ridiculous offer. You would do best to spread that truth." He growled tremendously.

"Yes Lord Sesshomaru." The red said bowing and escaping with his life.

Augusta watched her mate and she was smiling with such tenderness. She walked into his arms and began to kiss him passionately as the kiss was becoming heated quickly.

"Ugh Osamu! Haha is sucking Chichi's face off again." Asuna groaned to her twin.

Augusta burst out laughing at their daughter's frankness and Sesshomaru tried to keep in his chuckle but failed.

"Asuna? It is rude to enter without knocking daughter." He admonished her.

"We did knock Chichi. Hard to hear when you two are groaning and sucking on faces." His heir rolled her eyes.

"Then it is rude to not wait until invited. Sit daughter and son." Their chichi commanded.

It was time for their father to teach them math and Asuna got bored too easily but she was good at it. So was Osamu but he was actually better at math and science anyway. Asuna was really good in all her other studies and she took to languages really easy. She also was getting damn good with a fang. Their parents figured out early on that the twins had inherited their mother's yoki too and they could path to each other and to her. After sums; they had free time until dinner, and then it was the dojo for Asuna again. Osamu had to be in the dojo only in the mornings. After they wolfed down their supper; the twins snuck out of the palace and ran towards the nobles castles. She picked up some rocks and Asuna chucked one at the shoji on the second story facing south. A boy of five slid open the screen and he smiled at the two inu pups below.

"Be right down!" Yuudai called to his best friends.

"Okay!" Asuna said as she watched the noble's son as he scuddled up the trellis.

"Where we going anyway?" The young boy asked.

"Did your Chichi not get in some new sweets from China?" The heir asked biting her lip.

They were not allowed many sweets and so whenever they ever had the chance; they would jack some from Sir Yuuta. So far he never missed any and Yuudai nodded. Yuuta imported stuff called chocolate as well. He said regular domestic inu could not have it but they could because they were youkai. Asuna had eaten it until she had gotten herself sick, she loved the stuff. The pups took off into the early night and they were going to the palace warehouses and snooping. Asuna was reading the Chinese kanji and she pointed to wooden box.

"Look! Chocolate!" She grinned.

"Okay! Come on. One box will not be missed." Osamu said.

"Nope. Chichi has tons." Yuudai agreed.

They brought the box of sweets back to the Yuu Castle and they snuck up into Yuudai's room. They opened the box and they tasted the chocolate and it was so good. Asuna thought this stuff was what ALL pups should eat for all meals. It tasted a little bit different but delicious nonetheless. She, Osamu, and Yuudai had finished off the box between the three of them and Asuna's head felt funny. She really felt funny and she stood up.

"Stupid! Be quiet you’re not sposed to be here!" The younger boy said.

"I have to pee!" The heiress whined.

"Right now? Oh jeez Suna! My head does not feel good." Osamu said feeling funny.

"Yuudai, I have to pee pee!" Asuna cried acting like the young girl she actually was.

"Okay okay! Shut up. Let me look and make sure Chichi is in his office." He said slipping from his room.

Osamu had laid his head down and the poor boy had passed out and Asuna felt like she was dying. The palace had indoor plumbing which was rare in Japan but it extended to most of the palatial complex. Yuudai motioned her to follow him and she snuck into the family toilet closet and she felt; oh so much better and Yuudai was on guard. Yuuta was coming out of his office and he was headed for the very room and Yuudai stood in front of the door and shook his head no.

"No Chichi! Sorry." He said.

Asuna cursed in her head and she was stuck.

"Yuudai what are you doing? Yuuto has just gone to bed young man and do not wake him! May I please use my own toilet?" Yuuta demanded of his eldest.

"You cannot." Yuudai said turning red.

"Why pray tell?" His father demanded.

"Me! He protecting me." Asuna slid open the door.

Yuuta nearly choked seeing the princess at all but her face was covered in chocolate. His face contorted in rage and he had a pretty good idea where they had gone to get the delicacy.

"Visit my warehouses little miss?" Yuuta demanded.

"You know I would be lying if I said no, so I will tell the truth." She said raising her chin.

"That makes it okay to steal?" He said enraged.

"I did not steal! Yuudai said it was okay!" She snapped at him.

"Pray show me WHICH chocolates you decided were okay to pilfer princess." The councilman demanded.

Yuudai glared at Asuna and he mouthed tattle tale to her and she was nearly growling. Osamu was passed out and Yuuta had to sigh heavily.

"Who was the biggest glutton? You or your brother?" Yuuta asked.

"Samu." Yuudai and Asuna said in unison.

"Your brother is drunk you little idiots! Those chocolates were filled with liquor; NOT FOR PUPS!" He snarled in his anger.

Wakana came to the room and Yuuto had woken up and he was crying again and teething badly. She looked at Yuuta furiously for having woken up her youngest; she had no idea why the princess and prince were here and their faces were covered in chocolate.

"Send the royals home Yuuta. YOUR son hurts. Yuudai? Clean your mess up now!" Wakana commanded.

"Hai Haha." Yuudai said in a small voice.

Wakana left the room and she was VERY pupped and very bitchy. Yuuto was a needier pup than Yuudai had been and to find out that HIS son was the playmate of the two royal brats was just a bit much.

"How long have you three been cavorting?" He demanded.

"A year." Asuna answered with her bluntness.

"You!" He said grabbing her and he actually bent her over his knee.

Yuuta actually whipped her bottom through her kimono quite hard and gave her ten hard swats for stealing from him and sneaking out. Tears glazed her eyes but she would not cry in front of him. He was just furious and demanded his son clean up his room and he had to carry Prince Osamu back to palace and he had Asuna's hand in a tight grip.

"You are hurting me!" Asuna snarled at him.

"You are lucky I am not doing worse! Your brother is drunk you little idiot and you stole from me! Despite what you may believe little lady; you do not own everything in the West. Do you understand me? If you and Yuudai are going to be friends; you will come through the front door and exit through the front door!" Yuuta snarled at her.

"You are a jerk." The princess said in anger.

"Oh and who says that?" The nobleman demanded.

"General Hideaki. Says you were born with silver up your butt." She said meanly.

He struck her cheek and she held her tears back and he entered the palace and Sesshomaru immediately came and he saw Asuna with tears in her eyes and Osamu unconscious.

"Our pups have seemed to found mischief. Your son my lord is drunk of liquor filled chocolates. They are a new import I have brought in from Europe. They have been selling well here in the West; well our three decided to sample them this evening after they raided my warehouse. Osamu seems to have had more than your heir and my mine. Our princess also seems to repeat opinions that others espouse. Please do send General Hideaki my regards and tell him; he will be the first to receive the silver from my ass." Yuuta said as he handed over Osamu.

Sesshomaru actually was speechless and Asuna looked ashamed and she looked down as Yuuta left the palace proper. He waited till the other inu was gone and Osamu was taken to Yasu and Asuna was forced to walk beside her father.

"What else occurred?" He asked in a cold voice.

"I am sorry Chichi." She tried to say.

"I asked you a question Asuna! Answer my question." Sesshomaru demanded.

"We did what he said Chichi. I am sorry sir. Yuudai said it was okay and I read the label; it did not say anything about liquor. He beat me for sneaking out and stealing from him as he said. He also struck my cheek when I told him what General Hideaki said. I did not think it was a secret because General Hideaki said so in front of me." Asuna said with a straight back and Yuuta had already punished her.

"He hit you?" Sesshomaru said seeing red.

"Hai sir but I did everything he said I did my lord." She confessed.

"Go to the onsen and wash yourself. Go to bed." He commanded.

He was furious and he went to his treasury and collected a paltry amount of gold and he went to Yuuta's castle and knocked on the door. He was in a rage but he would keep himself calm. Yuuta himself opened it and his younger pup was in his arms; teething it seemed badly.

"Hai Lord Sesshomaru-sama?" Yuuta demanded.

"Funds for the mischief. The discipline of this Sesshomaru's heir could be overlooked if you had left it to the pilfering of sweets and sneaking around; but if you deign to ever strike her in the face again; you will be a dead man. This will be your only warning." The Western lord said in a frightening whisper.

He dropped the gold in Yuuta's hand and he turned on his heel and left the hated council man. The more the House of Yuu dealt with the royal family; the more he hated them. He was removing his family to Kyoto the following day and he would nip the relationship between the royal brats and Yuuta now.
------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------
“I am sorry karuson! I did not mean for you to get caught!” Asuna said pulling on his haori.

“That is the thing Suna! I always get caught doing your crap!” Yuudai said in a fit.

“Well I just wanted to see if I could wield Tokijin. You were not supposed to be seen.” She giggled.

“I should never have listened to your dumb butt!” he cried.

“It is just my parents' chambers. Kamis Yuudai.” The princess snorted.

“You wanted it you should have tried to get it! Besides the yoki on that thing burned my skin.” Yuudai pouted.

“Give me your hand you big baby.” She said grabbing his hand.

Asuna pressed her lips to the burnt skin and looked up at him. He rolled his eyes and she knocked him over. His princess tackled him to the ground and started tickling his ribs. He laughed and threw her off.

“What are you going to do when you get grown?” Asuna asked Yuudai.

“Dunno. Why should I care right now?” he grunted.

“I guess it must be kind of nice having a choice. I have to represent the West always. You can run away.” She said sighing.

“Chuusin you are an idiot! You may get to rule the most powerful cardinal state in Japan. You are the first onna to even be made heir. You whine and bitch but you can change lives for the better.” He said.

“What if I do not want it? I want to go and fight! I want to be like my Uncle Inuyasha. He gets to fight rogue youkai and he does not answer to the Great Lord Sesshomaru-sama! Rin still runs around and bows and falls all over herself. Father looks at me and shakes his head. I do not want to be Asuna-sama; I want to be you.” Asuna said almost sadly.

“Again you are an idiot but I love you anyway Chuusin.” He said laughing.

“Well I am prettier than you.” She said in mock arrogance.

“I would hope so! I would hate to be thought of as pretty.” He growled lightly.

“Come on. They imported wine from a place called France. I want to see what the fuss is about.” The heir said grabbing his hand.

“Suna! I just had to do five hours of your father's idea of meditation. My knuckles are killing me!” he snarled.

“Wimp!” She cried into his ear.

“I will show you wimp!” Yuudai said jumping up and gave her chase.

Yuuta sighed and he had given up trying to keep them apart; now he tried to contain the damage they did together. Yuudai was a dutiful and obedient son TO A POINT; but when it came to his beloved Chuusin, oh his young world revolved around the blasted girl. He and the Western Lord actually had to get along some because of the pups. Asuna came with them sometimes to Kyoto because of the massive temper tantrum; not hers as he would have expected, but Yuudai's. Life had been easier when Wakana alive and she had died in child birth with their girl pup and he had named her Atsune. His mate had actually called for Sesshomaru when she realized she was dying and the Western Lord had spent exactly three minutes in the room and he had left as unemotionally as he had walked in. Wakana had been in tears and she never did tell him what it was all about. It seemed ironic that his son should be the companion of the princess and he was constantly driven to distraction and they had knocked over one of his most treasured family possessions; an inugami that was made by a deceased artisan which could never be replaced and Princess Asuna had actually begged for forgiveness and kept saying she was sorry but he had been sorry angry; he had whipped her anyway. She never cried; that drove him further insane, she was as proud and arrogant as her father. Yuuta heard something crash and break and he covered his eyes and he sighed heavily as he slowly rose as some calamity upon his home had taken place.
---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------
Yuudai had been sparring Asuna more and more and it became the norm for Sesshomaru to train them both. The boy was actually excellent with a blade and the two pups were in their twenties and Yuudai spent a great deal of time at the palace and vice versa. Yuuta and Sesshomaru tried to avoid each other as much as possible but these two made it impossible to stay out of the way completely. Sesshomaru had almost banished Yuuta from court AGAIN for speaking out against Asuna because his daughter was being a normal pup; but according to Yuuta, she had to be without fault and that made the Western Lord insane. They accused him of coddling her when nothing could be further from the truth. His heir was put through hell at a young age; she had been trained from the age of five years old to handle a katana, diplomacy, matters of state both foreign and domestic. On top of learning all that she had to learn the normal things such as languages, mathematics, science, and literature. She was taught to fight with more than just a fang and many in the West assumed she led a charmed life but she worked hard; constantly, so when she was off being a normal pup...he allowed her the time to be a pup. According to men like Yuuta that made him overindulgent and Asuna a spoiled brat; the idea made him so angry that he wanted to rip apart the self-righteous son of a bitch often and he had to calm himself for Yuudai's sake. Yuudai could not help his father was a selfish narcissist and his mother; a faithless whore but the son was turning out to be worth ten of the father. It was not unusual at times for him to take young Yuudai home and Yuuta would stare at Sesshomaru hatefully but for the sake of their children; they kept up a facade of peace.

Wakana had spoken absolute truth on her deathbed and it confirmed what he already suspected; his mother had royally fucked over his happiness but in some small measure of justice, Natsumi had done him a favor it seemed. It seemed that perhaps once his mother may have seen something he had not and Wakana had believed lies over him. She had begged his forgiveness and he had snorted at the idea. He had told her she had gotten the life she deserved and he had promptly left. He refused to regret her but he would always hate Yuuta for poaching his territory and questioning his authority over and over again. If he was a tyrant or even his grandsire; Yuuta would have been executed years ago but he had too much honor to be so petty. No, he would continue to hate and he would have his revenge but it would be as long as the man lived and he would continue to encourage the relationship between Yuudai and Asuna; he would praise the boy continuously and he would lure him away from the House of Yuu. He was a youkai and all he had was time.
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
There had been a state dinner and all the nobles were there; even Sir Yuuta was expected in attendance. Asuna was in her official capacity as heir and she looked splendid in a costly kimono of white and gold and her obi was solid gold cloth. Her silver hair was up intricately and with costly combs of gold, tassels of gold, and everything to show her off as the royal she was. Sesshomaru was quite proud of his prodigy daughter but he and Augusta had been arguing a lot as of late that they were putting a lot of pressure on a fifty year old pup. His mate had been pregnant a few times since the twin’s birth but nothing came of it and Sesshomaru said no more. That had caused a major rift as well. Augusta had begged for another pup but her mate could not see her lose any more or take a chance that he would lose her; he said he would rather have his arm cut off again AND have to live with the hanyou full time than lose her. Augusta got the hint and dropped it.

The castle came into sight and she wiped the tears away with the back of her hand. Asuna had been scolded terribly because of showing emotions at a state dinner. The council still fought her father in his choice of the young onna as heir. Poor old bastard had been burned with her Dakkasou. Sesshomaru had dragged his eldest out and she felt as though she was made into a block of ice. The princess snuck into Sir Yuuta's castle; she looked for anyone milling about and easily jumped to the balcony. Asuna slipped open the shoji door; Yuudai was asleep and she stripped, she pushed him over and he easily scooted for his best friend to join him. Yuudai mumbled in his sleep and rolled over and kissed her forehead. The young onna cried silently and Yuudai woke; he held her while she cried; kissed her forehead again. He kissed her cheeks and reached up and wiped away the ears. He looked at his princess and his gray eyes held sympathy. She locked eyes with him and a shudder went down her spine. The young onna did not understand the feelings coursing through her but she reached up and pulled his lips to hers. He whined softly and his lips seemed to burn. Their lips moved against each other and her loins seemed on fire. Asuna felt hardness pressed against her thigh and her amber-brown eyes flew open. Yuudai pulled away from her as if she had burned him with her Dakkasou.

“Suna?” he asked confused.

“Hai?” she asked him.

“What are we doing?” he asked softly.

“I do not know.” Asuna said sitting up.

“Come on let us sleep.” He said as he laid back.

“Kiss me again.” she demanded.

“Suna!” he seemed scandalized.

Asuna wrapped her hand around the back of his neck and pulled him forward. Their lips met again and she opened her mouth. Yuudai's tongue swept into his friend's mouth and she groaned under him. Asuna was shaking under him and there was an aching in both of their lower bodies. The princess squirmed beneath him and he pulled away.

“I feel as though there is a pain.” Asuna said softly.

“You are being dumb. Go to sleep.” He said in a strange voice.

“Did I do that to you?” she said pointing at his groin.

“Hai I suppose. Please just go to sleep!” he growled.

She reached out and touched him and he hissed. His Chuusin looked at him and his eyes were tinged pink. She of course knew the mechanics of rutting but the reactions and sensations were the unknown. Asuna reached out and ran her fingers along his groin through the silk of his hakama.

“Chuusin please stop.” Yuudai said in a strangled whisper.

“I want to touch you.” Asuna pouted.

The royal onna was on him and undid the knot to his hakama. He did not fight too hard and she knew he was as curious as she was. Asuna reached in to touch the softest skin that she had ever felt. He again hissed and she wrapped her hand around him. His eyes had bled to red and she stroked him lightly.

“Chuusin Kamis.” He cried softly.

She watched him and Asuna felt a thrill run through her. He was strong and so very male; she felt power at being able to make him writher under her. His Chuusin leaned down and kissed him while she continued to stroke the velvet like hardness. Her karuson thrust in her hand and Asuna looked surprised. He made soft noises that were making her burn. He continued thrusting in her hand and she held him firmer. Yuudai bit his lips and he stiffened in her hand. Asuna watched him fascinated as he released his seed; she watched as his face contorted and then calmed. She continued to be fascinated as Yuudai watched her bring her hand to her lips and tasted his release. Her karuson watched her and sucked in his breath. The princess slowly licked her hand clean and leaned down and laved her pink tongue along his length and thighs. He was shaking under her and Asuna sat up.

“I am sorry! I got carried away.” Yuudai whispered.

“You taste good karuson.” she said softly to him.

“Stop! I cannot do this with you.” He said backing away from her.

“Then who with? We used to bathe together dummy. I swear you make small matters into mountains!” Asuna said annoyed.

“You are the heir to the West!” he hissed softly.

“No. I am your Chuusin and I need to hear your heart beat.” she said lying down.

“Alright. I am sorry I should not have allowed that to happen. I will not do that again I promise.” He said lying down next to Asuna.

“Now you are the idiot. Kamis Yuudai! You looked beautiful and you are so soft.” she said closing her eyes.

“Soft? I am not soft!” he said irritated.

“Hai you are. Do not forget beautiful.” Asuna murmured.

“Chuusin, I am not beautiful! I am a male and not an onna!” Yuudai growled.

Asuna chuckled at his irritation. She had known him the past half century of her life and she trusted him only as she trusted Osamu. His princess he called "Chuusin" fell asleep listening to the steady beating of her karuson's heart.
---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------
They both came back and they were bloodied terribly. Sesshomaru allowed her to scout and hunt further and further away from the palace but she almost always had a shadow in Hideaki but his sneaky little bitch had snuck away with her accomplice in everything; Yuudai. The story was broken but they had gone to the Tree of Ages to see what remained of Hyoga and the other ga that Inuyasha had destroyed some eighty years before.

Sesshomaru was furious for one that there was a Kamis damn ga in HIS lands and two; his heir was lying in the infirmary as close to death as he had ever seen her and he was furious. Yuuta had arrived to see his son bloodied and torn to shreds. Yuuta was shaking and keeping his temper was becoming more and more difficult but THIS was impossible.

"My SON is near death because your fool of a daughter led them on some fool idea like normal! She had grandiose ideas for a bitch because her sire has declared that she has tremendous yoki! Well it served her well today did it not?" Yuuta raged to Sesshomaru.

"My DAUGHTER saved your son's life you self-inflated piece of excrement! They in fact worked in tandem to save each other. They foolishly left the palace complex but it is Western lands; why should the heir not see her holdings?" Sesshomaru said making a fist and his eyes bled red.

"I will not lose my son because he follows after your insane little bitch of a daughter! Yuudai and Yuuto are my life unlike you my lord; I actually discipline my pups and do not let them traipse wherever but as soon as Asuna enters the scene!" The nobleman ranted in utter fury.

Sesshomaru finally lost his temper and he not only punched Yuuta; he was letting his Dakkasou grow and become his whip. Augusta ran into the infirmary and she screamed at Sesshomaru to stop. She came between the two men and she was wearing only a dressing yukata as she put out her hands.

"This has to stop! Asuna needs her chichi as does Yuudai need his. You Sir Yuuta are very much mistaken about much!" Augusta spoke with suppressed rage.

"No, I am not. Wherever your daughter goes; chaos follows." He snarled as he walked to his son.

"You swore! Augusta you swore!" Sesshomaru hissed under his breath.

"I am sorry. I did not mean for it to happen. Yoshiro’s birth was hard enough." She said realizing her condition.

Sesshomaru was about ready to lose his ever loving mind as the females in his life paid him no heed. They heard shouting and Yuuta was screaming at Yuudai and they royal couple quickly entered the infirmary. Asuna was still unconscious and she was worse off as the ga had strangled and stuck his blade through her middle. She had taken the blade for Yuudai and save his life and Yuudai had gone to her futon and he had been weeping.

"Get away from her! No Chichi! No!" Yuudai snarled.

"You are going home to our castle now! I forbid you from seeing her again." Yuuta screamed.

"I am an adult Chichi. I know very young but you will not tell me what I can and cannot do anymore. She saved my life and you can only say hate for her! She saved your son's life and still you speak hate of her! You hate her then you hate me! She is my Chuusin. She is what beats in my chest. Fuck you Sir Yuuta! My Lord Sesshomaru? May I take the appointment in the army that we talked about?" Yuudai asked as his eyes were red and he was still wounded pretty badly.

"Report to General Hideaki in the morning." Sesshomaru said calmly.

Yuuta stared in horror as his son curled up next to Princess Asuna and he had just been given appointment in the army and his mind was shutting down. His beloved eldest son was rebelling in the worst way possible and he stared at Sesshomaru with complete rage born of the over a century of rivalry.

"You will regret this someday Sesshomaru. I will make you suffer as much as you have made me suffer. No worries LORD Sesshomaru; I am leaving court; but I swear to our Kamis that I will take something you value more than life itself." Yuuta hissed and he left.

Sesshomaru stared at the head of the House of Yuu and scoffed at the idea that the man could take anything from him. It was the House of the Moon who had won this game of intrigue of betrayal and more. There was absolutely nothing Yuuta could do to touch Sesshomaru's life ever again.