Capricorn Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Sunny side up ❯ Two weeks suspension ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sunny side up.

By: Hope_Poe26

Ch. 2

BEEP! BEEP!

The alarm had again gone off and he groaned in his sleep wishing that he had more time to sleep and keep on dreaming of a body so wonderful he wondered if it were possible. He was used to dreaming and conjuring some gorgeous minx or some nymph from scratch, but alas they were just that… dreams.

He'd probably be alone forever, such was his curse. He used to be the son of a wealthy man, but now he was a two way street living a two way life and having no time to enjoy the pleasures of such jobs as he had. Yet, he couldn't complain. He loved living in danger and that was the main reason he'd rebel against his father.

He knew his father hated being out of control, including of his children. It was since his mother died in the car accident. He really didn't blame Kakarott as it wasn't really his fault. He was just five years old and there he was.. being raped by his mother. Gods! How could he blame his little brother for something he wasn't at fault?! He was nine when that happened and Radditz had been then fifteen years old. He remembered his father denial that this had happen at all. It had been Radditz's intervention that had brought his father out of his stupor.

He sighed remembering why his little brother had such a hard time getting dates. He was so quiet and shy. He had been rather shocked when he had finally revealed to his father at the age of sixteen that he didn't want to turn into the next corporate associate. Bardock had turned angry eyes on him and had briefly gnashed out that if he wanted to be some simpleton, then he'd never be a Saiyan again as far as he was concerned.

But Kakarott had been the most shock he'd have that day, he had yelled out to everyone on the table that he was planning to be the best executive that the US could ever be and that he'd make his father proud. Bardock had smiled for the first time in years. He hadn't smiled when his eldest son Radditz had managed to reach the highest grade anyone in Tokyo University had seen or the fact that he had graduated with honors as one of the top students of his class. But he had smiled when his youngest son of twelve years of age had exclaimed quite loud that he'd make him proud by being the best executive ever seen by the whole world.

He took a shower while thinking of this and wondered briefly when would he be able to talk to his youngest brother some day of his two-way life.

Vegeta stood in front of his editor seething. What gave him the right to tell him his piece of work was getting terrible with each day that passed? But he was usually right and that's what really made him mad. Piccolo was always right and it was infuriating. Oh how he wished he had some sort of power over him, but Piccolo was clean. He had nothing to hide. He was British, straight and while he may not have had a girlfriend or a wife and two children, he had a younger brother by the name of Dende that was still in high school.

So he was clean and Vegeta knew when he was defeated. Yet, that didn't mean that he really wanted to wring his neck every other day. He slumped into the chair knowing he was tired and he was out of ideas; mostly because one remained. He wanted to know… no, he needed to know who was that young man seating in front of him in that dark closet.

Piccolo Daimaku looked at the young man in front of him. They had their obvious differences and a lot of fights, but he sort of respected Vegeta. In an altogether crude fashion, he begrudgingly admitted to himself. He drummed his long bony fingers on top of hi desk and decided to have it all in the open…

"For you to become a foreign correspondent you have to show more than guts to get It." - Vegeta turned to see him and was suddenly very angry.

"Why YOU!!!" - Bulma came in just then to grab on to Vegeta's waist and try to keep him from doing the biggest mistake in his whole life.

"That's right, you have anger management problems Vegeta… the paper can't afford you hitting everyone wherever you go. Until you find your focus Vegeta, I'm having you get a two-week vacation. Hand over your journalist badge and leave the building by noon and I won't take you out of the list for next year's review." - then he turned away to face his computer signaling that the conversation was over.

Vegeta seethed all the way from his editor's office to his desk and when one of his coworkers asked how he was today, he tripped him. Bulma offered her hand to help the misfortunate guy that got tripped.

When she finally reached her friend's desk, she sighed and said…

"Maybe it's for the best, besides Piccolo didn't totally rule you out of the list, he just said you needed to work on your emotions better." - if she had been anyone else, Vegeta would've decked him/her. But he knew that she was right and that maybe he did need the time off.

He grabbed his stuff and stuffed in into his bag pack. He nodded when Bulma asked him if he was going to be alright. Then she turned around and went back to work on her column while he left the building.

**************************************************************** ******

He was usually at the office plowing down thru his work. What could he say? He loved his work. Someone had told him he worked too much too hard. But he didn't care, this was his life. So what if that didn't give him time to go on dates? He really didn't mind.

But today… his father had demanded - he had ordered - him to leave the office promptly at five. He said it was time he gave his secretary a day off. He thought his father was nuts.

Sigh. There was nothing he could actually do except maybe call his brother and see if he was somewhere in New York city… but then he'd drag him where he felt the least comfortable.. to a party.

He was always the pure and innocent young man. His classmates were much more experienced than he in drinking, driving, lying, etc. His eldest brother Radditz was just as dedicated to his work, but he was a hellion too. He was far much more of a scoundrel than Turles.

So he tied his tie and reluctantly allowed himself to blow out a breath. He was thinking that going to a high class bar in Manhattan was not the best idea but he knew that if he didn't leave this annoying big old house, he'd be bored. And he felt too high strung to go to sleep just yet. With that thought he grabbed his wallet and left the creepy old house.