Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Emptiness ❯ whats been happening and what has happened ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Memories of Emptiness: The Story

Syaoran was shocked. First of all Eriol had never been to his home and second of all the reason he was there was for business involving the one person he cared about the most. "Thank you Wei. Tell him I'll be with him in a moment." "Yes sir. Oh, and, he will be waiting for you in the garden." Wei followed orders and left his young master alone to dress. Syaoran pulled on a pair of baggy jeans and a t-shirt, and then, he ran down the long, dark corridors and jumped from the platform to the main hall skipping the stairs entirely.

When he reached the gardens he looked around to find Eriol. Sure enough, he was found sitting on a marble bench holding a peony in his hand. Syaoran ran over and growled. Eriol didn't even take a glance up when he answered. He just simply said: "You must return to Japan. I've already asked your mother and the elders." "Excuse me. But is it okay with you if I ask why?" Syaoran asked, every word laced with obvious despise and venom. Eriol sighed.

"I suppose I should," Eriol said, speaking more to himself than to Syaoran and making no attempt at hiding it. "She would of wanted it that way…" Eriol whispered as his eyes shone through his glasses with tears. This surprised Syaoran. Not once, in any circumstance, could he imagine Eriol even thinking about crying. `This really must be serious. I hope she's okay…' Syaoran thought obviously speaking of Sakura. A voice chanted in his mind: "Don't think about her!" but Syaoran didn't listen as he continued his silent worrying. He sat down beside the clow reincarnation that was now preparing himself for the telling of the story.

"Okay. I'll tell you. But before I can tell you wants happening I have to tell you what has happened in your absence from our lives. First of all, a year after I left," Syaoran watched Eriol closely as a tint of pink stained his pale cheeks. "I returned to Tomeoda. When Sakura was 13 her father died, and her brother couldn't bare staying so left for England with Yukito to study. Sakura was left alone with her so she lived with Sonomi-san and Tomoyo-sama.

"After her fathers death she never really was the same… She started keeping to herself more and more, eating less, sleeping less, and when she did sleep she has nightmares frequently. Her grades suffered for a while but then returned to average, maybe even better than average…

"Sakura became very interested in dance. Ballet especially. She joined a dance studio at the age of 14 and was discovered at a residle on her 15th birthday. That's when her career as a famous ballet dancer started. I must admit she's quite good. In fact. The magazines and newspapers seem to think she's the best in Asia..." Now Syaoran blushed. He hadn't heard about Sakura being a ballet dancer.

A small and distant voice in his mind whispered: "I bet she's not just the best ballet dancer in Asia. I bet she's the prettiest too." Syaoran quickly pushed the voice into the back of his head although it continued to nag him it was a lot quieter.

Eriol smirked as he watched his "little descendent" as he soo affectionately called him. "You know," began Eriol. "I heard every word of that..." Syaoran looked at him shocked flushing a deep crimson all the while. "And you're right. The magazines and newspapers also claim her to be the prettiest." Syaoran growled just making Eriol grin as if Syaoran had asked: "Would you like a big piece of double chocolate cake?"

"I should have known," Syaoran said, his glare growing scarier as Eriol's cat like grin grew wider. "Now, on with the story. Sakura is the quite popular for one other thing," said Eriol. Syaoran looked at him curiously. "She never speaks to the press. Though it seems that her avoiding press just seems to entise them more."

"Has Sakura changed completely?" asked Syaoran saddened by this. "Oh no!" exclaimed Eriol. "She's just as innocent, kindhearted, and... semi-genki." "What do you mean "semi-genki?" Syaoran questioned quoting Eriol. "Would you be as happy as usual if you were left alone as an orphan?" asked Eriol already knowing the answer. "I suppose not..." said Syaoran thinking about Sakura's circumstances. Things had changed so much since the last time he had seen her.

"Anyways, the same year she turned famous was the same year the void card decided to show up. She won of course. But, she did loose," Eriol grinned although his I eyes showed a little sadness. " Her feelings for you..." "NANI?!?" Syaoran shouted turning a deep red. "She had feelings for me... Stop lying!!!" said Syaoran angrily.

"Think what you want but she did have feelings for you and now there gone," said Eriol with an un-concerned shrug. "After she lost her feelings for you those night mares she'd been having got worse. She started having them every night until her dream came true."

Syaoran stared blankly at him until he realized what Eriol had just said. "What happened in her dream???" Syaoran asked timidly afraid of the out come. "That's the thing. We don't really know. Kero, Tomoyo, and I all tried finding out what happened but we just couldn't. All we know is that someone or something did something to Sakura in her dream and she's different."

"Different?" Syaoran echoed. "What do you mean by that?" Syaoran asked, this time using his own words. "For one thing," Eriol began "we can't find HER aura. We can find an aura, just not hers. Its kind of like, I don't know, her aura's blank? Yes that's it. It no longer expresses any of her emotions, no longer shows any of her personality…

"Then there's the fact that she's avoiding Tomoyo, Kero, and I to. I mean. After her father died she avoided everyone she could as much as possible but she still remained our (Tomoyo, Kero, and Eriol) friends. But those aren't the only things that are different about her. That shine in her emerald eyes, the one that helped you fall in love with her (Syaoran turned REALLY red) isn't there anymore.

"She doesn't even go to her volunteer job at the orphanage any more, and she loved that job. She loved those kids. The last thing is that the ballet company she works for suggested she take a break. Do you want to no why the suggested she take a break?" Syaoran nodded rapidly like a child waiting for the next part of their favorite story. "Tomoyo went to watch one of Sakura's practices and she said: " Its like the feeling that she used to show when she danced isn't there anymore. I mean, there still is the perfect form, the pointed toes; but now the dancing seems mechanical. The gracefulness is gone, the kawii ness that is Sakura-chan is gone and that just leaves: Kinomoto-san." That's what she said.

So, now will you go to Japan with me?" asked Eriol with a sigh.