Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Moon in the darkness ❯ Facing darkness ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

2. Facing darkness:

Yue knew that Sakura was still sleeping, she wouldn't have felt that power, it was something that just concerned him. Yue opened the window again and flew out into the night and headed to where he suspected the source of the power. He spotted a figure standing on a hill and supposed it was what he was searching for. As he came nearer, he saw that the figure was a tall man within his thirties, short, black hair and bloody-red eyes.

"So you have come.", the man said in a deep, cold voice.

"Who are you and what do want from me?", Yue asked.

"I am the dark thief Haron", he introduced himself,

"and I am very interested in your powers."

"How do you mean that?", Yue asked surprisedly.

"As I already said, I am a thief.", Haron explained,

"But I don't steal usual things, I steal powers, physical, psychical and magical. The more powers I steal, the stronger I get. I have watched you for some time now and the powers you posses could really make me the strongest being in the universe."

"And you think you can just pop up here and steal my powers?", Yue asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Well,", Haron answered,

"if you want to fight me, go ahead, but I don't think you will have much chances to defeat me." He let out an evil laugh.

Yue became angry and aimed one of his arrows at his opponent. As the arrow approached, Haron reflected it using a shield of darkness.

"As I have watched you, I have learned everything about your attacks, your strengths and your weaknesses.", Haron explained,

"There is nothing you can do against me."

Haron raised his right arm and Yue was surrounded by a dark orb. Yue tried all of his attacks, but he couldn't destroy it.

"Now it is time for me to get what I want!", Haron yelled and his eyes began to glow.

Within the orb, Yue could feel how his energy was slowly drained out of him. There was nothing more he could do. He cursed himself because of his unexpected helplessness. The drain of his energy began to cause him pain. Yue struggled not to scream, but after a while, the pain became so intense that he couldn't resist the longing to scream any longer. Thoughts went through his mind. Was that supposed to be his end? Would he vanish from this world now? What would happen to the cards, and Sakura, if he wasn't there anymore?

AN: This is kinda short, isn't it. But I wanted it to be kind of a cliffhanger, :-P . Please tell me how you like this chapter, cause I really don't know if it is good. Oh, and don't be mad at me, the Y+S stuff will be coming, I promise!