Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Moon in the darkness ❯ Out of the darkness ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

5. Out of the darkness

Sakura was very tired. It was early in the morning and the first sunrays fell through the window. She was so tired. But she didn't want to sleep. She had to stay awake! But only a few minutes later, she fell asleep without noticing it, her head resting on her guardian's waist.

Yue could feel her. She was near, very near. He felt her warm aura next to him. He began to feel his body again. He felt weak, tired, but also very comfortable. Because she was here. Because she cared for him.

It took him some time to regain control of his body. As he felt strong enough, he slowly opened his eyes. At first, everything was blurred. Yue blinked a few times to clear his vision. He felt the weight on his waist and looked down. Sakura lay there, still sleeping.

`She looks so worried', Yue thought, `But still so beautiful.'

And Sakura was really beautiful, although she was only 13. She had already developed into a Girl who attracted boys like light attracted the moths. And her nice and caring acting underlined her outer beauty very well.

Yue slowly ran his fingers through her hair. Sakura sighed and opened up her eyes.

"Yue-chan.", she said, "You're awake. Good heavens, I'm so happy." While saying that, she hugged her guardian tightly. "I thought I would loose you."

"Sakura.", Yue responded, his voice still weak, "Gomen. I…I am sorry I made you worry."

"Don't apologize.", Sakura said, "It's alright."

Yue smiled lightly (AN: Oh my, he's smiling!!!*drool*)

"You are a very nice girl, Sakura.", he whispered.

"Arigato.", Sakura replied and smiled, "You are very nice, too, Yue-chan. I am very happy that you are still here. I couldn't bare it if you would have left me like Eriol-kun and Syaoran." Sakura's face turned sad as she mentioned the name of her first love, who had died just one week ago. (AN: If you don't know how this could happen, read "The last goodbye", which also has a very kawaii Y+S scene in it *hint*)

"I will never leave you, Sakura.", Yue said, "I will always be with you. Because I want to protect you. And…And because I love you."

Sakura's eyes widened in shock. Did the elusive, cold and seemingly emotionless moon angel just say that he loved her? Could this really be true? Or was it just the fever messing with Yue's head?

"Nani?", she asked, "You…You love me?"

"Yes.", Yue answered, "I really do. It was because of you I came back from the darkness inside of my dreams. It was your warmth and concern that helped me find the way back. I really love you, with all my heart."

"Yue.", Sakura whispered, "I…I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything.", Yue replied, "Take as much time as you need. I don't want to force you to say or do anything you don't feel right about."

"Arigato.", Sakura said.

"You mind if I sleep now?", Yue asked, "I am very tired."

"Iie.", Sakura answered, "I don't mind. Sleep as long as you want."

"Arigato.", Yue said sleepily and closed his eyes.

Sakura watched her guardian falling asleep. She remembered that se herself was very tired, too. And before she could even recognize it, she fell asleep, resting her head on Yue's chest.

AN: *Wiping off the sweat that was running from her body* Phew! That one was really hard work. I don't like this chapter very much. I think it's not as good as the other ones, but it had to be like that x-( . Well, anyways, thanks for reading so far. I just can't put enough advertisement for the prequel in here, so: Please, please read the prequel to this story, "The last goodbye" and witness Sakura dealing with Syaoran's sudden death ;_; And now comes the last, as usual, chibi Thaliel-chan begging for reviews. Please tell me what you think of this, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!