Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The True Enchantment ❯ The True Magic ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The True Enchantment

A CCS fic

By: nikki hiiragizawa <nikki_hiiragizawa@rurouni.com>

Genre: angst/romance/supernatural

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: Guess what? I received CCS for Christmas! Nah……it's still not mine….no need to rub it, okay.

Nikki: Another E/T fic, heheh. This is not a Christmas fic, although, it has a Christmas setting in it. Although there's too many CCS fics around, I hope you had time to read mine. Arigatou gozaimasu. Please read and review.

==========================================================

Chapter 10: True Magic

Tomoyo sat by Eriol's chair. It has been two weeks since She had heard of Eriol's accident and Christmas is two days away. She looked up at her old friend who stared blankly at the fire.

Tomoyo stood up and made Eriol face her. "Nani, Tomoyo-san?" he asked.

"Nothing, Eriol-kun." She slumped back on the stool, her face turned away from the man she had loved.

Tomoyo held back tears. She had been crying too much, and nothing will happen if she just cried. She blinked them away, vowing to herself that she won't stop until Eriol had fully recovered. But from the looks of it, recovery is so far away.

"Tell me about the days we were together," Eriol suddenly said. Tomoyo almost fell off her stool.

"Eriol-kun?"

"Nakuru told me you were somebody close to my heart. I feel it to. When you come and see me, something inside me stirs. But I do not know what it is. I am asking you to tell me something about before, so that I can remember. Eriol smiled his polite smile at her. "I can feel your grief, even if I do not remember anything. And I do not want to make the person who had cared for me all this time to be sad."

"Oh Eriol-kun," Tomoyo said. She moved her stool closer to Eriol's armchair and began to tell him of those things they did together, of their pinky promise. Still, she left out the thing about their fight, his leaving, and his return. I do not want to burden him with my feelings for him when he has to deal with his own, she thought. She told of the happy things that happened.

As she talked about the past, something in her mind whispered that Eriol cannot remember anything whatever she do. It was her fault he is into this mess, she should be punished. Even though she is narrating happy events, tears streamed uncontrollably down her cheeks. She kept on, blabbing about how she and Eriol locked Sakura and Syaoran in a classroom one day, how Eriol tested Sakura by making her change Clow cards to Sakura cards, how……how he vowed to protect her. Involuntarily, she reached out to wipe her tears.

"What's wrong?" Eriol calmly asked.

"Oh nothing." Tomoyo hastily wiped away her tears but Eriol gripped her hand.

"You cry and you tell me nothing's wrong?" Eriol's sapphire eyes burned against her.

A wave of emotions - emotions hidden for so long - burst out. Tomoyo gripped Eriol's collar. "Why can't you remember?! Can't you even remember anything?" She shook him, all the while weeping for a love that was lost and shall never return. She eventually stopped shaking Eriol and collapsed to his lap.

She felt Eriol ran a hand through her cut hair. "I'm sorry," he said, voice dripping with regret. "I'm sorry I cannot remember. I have made you feel worse."

"It's nothing." Tomoyo straightened and flattened her hair. "I know you will remember all of us eventually. And I wouldn't stop until you remember." She stood up and turned to face the door. "I'll just make some tea."

"There is one thing I remember," she heard Eriol say as she walked towards the door. Tomoyo turned back and glanced at him.

"What is it?" She retraced her steps and found her way in front of Eriol's chair again.

"It's very vague, though," Eriol continued. He looked up and met Tomoyo's eyes. "But I swear the only thing I remember, is a faint voice of a girl. And she is singing."

Tomoyo saw a glimpse of hope. Sitting beside him, she held his hand. "what is she singing?"

"I do not know," Eriol said as if in a trance. "But I remember, I love hearing her voice."

Tomoyo smiled through her tears. Still holding his hand, she settled on the stool and laid their hands on his lap. "We always practice a song when we were in grade school. I could sing it for you. That way, you'll remember who was singing in your thoughts." Taking a deep breath and steadying her voice, she sang sweetly.

Sabishii toki ni wa nukumori sagashi

Haruka ni tadoru yo natsukashii kioku wo

Haha ga ai shi ko wo kaina ni daite

Hidamari no naka de komoriuta wo utau

She laid her head on his lap, singing softly. She did not see Eriol's eyes fill with light, light of realization.

Yumeji ni asobu osanako no hohoni

Yousei ga tsukuru shiawase no ekubo

Yume kara samete mo ami wo nokoshite ' ku

Sonna yasashisa no tane ga kokoro ni aru

Tears fell on their hands. Tomoyo looked up and saw Eriol weeping. "Eriol-kun, did I….."

"It was you," Eriol said. "It was you I remember." Tomoyo opened her mouth in awe, but she thought of something else.

She withdrew her hand, this time entwining his pinky with hers. "Remember this, Eriol - kun?"

Eriol looked at her. "You must make yourself remember. You have saved me from magic by this," she shrugged towards their hands. "I hope it will save you too." Tears streaming down her cheek, she began to narrate the day he left, the day she dreaded she had lived. Eriol willingly listened, confusion apparent on his face.

"I don't want you to leave me again," Tomoyo firmly said. "You promised me we'll stay together. See?" She shook their hands. "Yubikiri, Eriol-kun. Have you forgotten our promise?" She returned to the song.

Haritsumeta kokoro hodoite agetara

Yasashisa no tane wo hitotsu maite okou

Yagate me wo dashi tsubomi wo hokorobu

Utsukushii basho wo kokoro ni motsu nara

Tomoyo's voice is breaking from too much crying, but she can't stop now. She must return Eriol the way he was. He must remember how much he had endured her loss, how much she had shown him her love, how much - how much everything was worth fighting for.

Itsu ka wa dare mo ga sunda aozora wo

Omoikiri takakku jiyuu ni habatakeru

Jiyuu ni habatakeru

Sono mune ni hana wo sakasete…..

Her last verse turned to a sob. Eriol wasn't responding. Her efforts were all in vain. "You don't have to force yourself to remember if you can't," she whispered. "I just wanted to tell you that my feelings haven't changed and that the best Christmas gift you could give to me is being aware of how much I had loved you." She looked up and brushed a hand against his cheek. "You don't have to return it. How could you return a love you cannot remember anyway? I just wanted you to know……"

"The Seed of Kindness," Eriol said. He looked down at the amethyst eyes growing wider as she stared at him. The blue-eyed wizard smiled. "That's the song we have always practiced. You always use it for competitions because we like it both. You sound like an angel whenever you sing it."

"Eriol-kun,"

"I don't want you to cry anymore," Eriol declared, using his fingers to wipe Tomoyo's tears. "I have made you cry when I left because of Kaho and I cannot let that happen again."

"You - You remember!" Tomoyo said in glee. She jumped up to hug Eriol. "And I had thought it's all over," she cried to his ear.

"You have the greatest magic of all, the true enchantment one can ever have," Eriol softly whispered against her cheek. "And I'll make sure I'll return it to you with all my love." He hugged Tomoyo tightly, relishing the memories that have now come back. Really, he thought. No matter how powerful you are, love can change everything. He made Tomoyo look at him. "And I am glad, I have found my enchantress at last," he said.

"Oh Eriol-kun."

^OWARI^

Author's Notes: There, I finished it. I do not want to make it all dramatic because I might end up welling up my keyboard. Anyway, thanks for those who had reviewed this fic. You have made me finish it….haha….. I really love pressure. I could make an epilogue if you would want….so I am hoping you'd tell me all if you want an epilogue….that way it'd be happier, but forget it for now. ^^

Anyway, I have last - minute points to award…err…to include.

*Thanks to my co - writers who had created three character with me.

1. Kayama Nikki = nikki hiiragizawa (that's me!)

2. Ryooenjutsu Sayaka = MitsuiSelphie (hehe…..may you drown in reviews…especially in one fic you have written *sniggers*)

3. Mihari Keiko = mihari keiko (umm I forgot if she included keiko in her pen name..but you should read her fics….very great vocabulary and description!)

Although we are villains in this fic (gehehehe) I wanna thank you for giving me ideas….i'll be including these names in my other fics too, ooookkkkkaaaaayyy?

*Also "Seed of Kindness" is the original song Tomoyo and Eriol practiced during one episode in Eriol's season. In Japanese, it's called "Yasashisa no Tane." It's not mine, but it is a great song.

*Lastly, please e - mail me through the address above every chapter if you want to point out something wrong in the fic, or you want to suggest anything. I kinda did this in a flurry and a hurry so I don't know if it's good. But don't worry. I'll update it. THANK YOU for your reviews you have me flattered…..Well, thanks to all E/T fans out there for inspiring me.

That's all I can say for now, I hope you'll find time to read my other fics. Thank you. Jaa ne!

~nikki hiiragizawa