Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Only a Crush? ❯ the plan ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: Oh my, look at the months that passed…I was a bit pissed of this story because it sucks, so every time I get an email receiving a review I like go “What the..? Who would..?” Anyways, thanks to those who supported this fic. Don't worry, if I have time, I'll revise the previous chapters and turn this fic into a rated T.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, got it? CLAMP will sue the daylights out of me!
 
~o~
 
 
Only a Crush?
 
 
By: Elie
 
 
 
~o~
 
 
 
“Minoru, are you awake already?”
 
Yuzuki sighed, receiving no answer from the young man. She kicked the bed sheet down to her feet and got out of bed. Naked, she gathered her thrown clothes from the floor and quickly got dressed.
 
The electric alarm in Minoru's side table started to flash. But it emitted no sound. Yuzuki shrugged. She picked the alarm and checked if it is in a mute mode. `So it is…'
 
Yuzuki recalled Minoru saying that this day, Tuesday, would be his day-off. He moved the schedule for a while from Sunday. Yuzuki slapped her head slightly. She almost disturbed him out of exhaustion from last night.
 
Speaking of last night, Yuzuki didn't expect Minoru to give her this kind of experience. It was pleasurable but at the same time guilt giving.
 
Strolling beside Minoru, Yuzuki planted a profound stare down on him. `Oh God…he looks just like a 12 year old all over again.'
 
Then again, the flash from the alarm kept flashing endlessly. Yuzuki slowly tiptoed near it and turned it off. She immediately dashed for the door, slowly opening it. When she saw a crack, she closed it again and turned to Minoru who was a dead log on his bed.
 
Unable to resist or so, Yuzuki hurriedly went again to Minoru's side and stared at him. She tied her long silver hair with her hand and slowly leaned towards Minoru's face. She gently kissed his soft lips and hesitantly pulled away immediately. She looked at the time again. It was 7:00 am. And she is late.
 
~o~
 
Rushing to the school gate, Yuzuki carried with her the most precious thing she ever had—her necklace. A silver one with an oval pendant. The name Yuzuki carved in it. The very necklace which was Minoru's first gift to her when she opened her eyes and was proclaimed as his first `obra maestra'. Magnificent creation.
 
Ten seconds to go and the gates will be closed, even for the teachers. Yuzuki inhaled deeply and focused toward the gate. Finally, she expelled her breath and ran for the entrance as if running for her life.
 
“Finally!” She rejoiced, bowing her head in return to the guard that spared her a couple of seconds. “Now to stop keeping those cuties waiting…”
 
Before anything else, she pulled out a handkerchief from her skirt's pocket and wiped her sweaty face with it. After a few rounds on her cheeks, she moved the cloth down her neck. She lifted her hair upward and started to wipe her sweat thoroughly. But to her utter surprise, she felt something was missing. She moved a hand onto her neck and circled it. `Oh shit…'
 
She cursed again. And again. And again. Her necklace, the one that Minoru gave her. The one that she cherished…is gone.
 
“No…”She gasped. Her eyes watery. “I have had it for years. Ever since I was created!”
 
Yuzuki fell on her knees, as if the wind pushed her. She touched her chest, moving up her neck. Nothing. It was truly gone. “What will Minoru say?”
 
From afar, the guard saw her. He approached her with confused eyes. “What's wrong Miss Kokubunji?”
 
Yuzuki woke up to her senses, realizing someone's shadow is in front of her. Embarrassed, she wiped away a speck of water coming from her eye and started to force her lips to form a faint smile. “Nothing…really.”
 
She slowly got up and left the guard. She headed toward a colorful door and without even touching the knob, it opened. Staring down her is a cute little boy donned in a rugged get-up.
 
“Miss Yuzuki, you're late!” The boy shouted teasingly.
 
Yuzuki tried her best to smile and consider the gesture of the young one. She patted him on the head and was soon greeted by other students. This is already a routine for her. Greet the kids and do the teaching.
 
A few simple instructions will do. Yuzuki told the class to draw the place on where they want to go on vacation. The class never said no to a drawing session. This gave Yuzuki time to relax her aching mind.
`Where did it go? Where did I lose it?' Yuzuki thought desperately, trying to recall this day's event. She was running toward the gate. `It must've slipped off maybe because I was in a hurry trying to put it on.'
 
She shifted her head's position. From her left hand, she transferred her head to the right. She is trying to figure out what to say to Minoru. He'll probably think that she isn't careful enough with the things that he gives her.
 
A small hand suddenly gripped her skirt. She turned her head to who it was. Smiling, she shifted her seat to face the boy from earlier. “Yes David?”
 
Flushing, David handed Yuzuki a paper. Yuzuki gently eyed David, another smile escaping her lips. It was a drawing.
 
“So you want to go to Hawaii, eh?”
 
David nodded. His cheeks were now even redder. Yuzuki watched him in awe. She examined the drawing again. “If you can ever go in here, who would you take with you?”
 
David fell silent as usual. He bowed his head even more. But suddenly, he lifted his head and gazed at his teacher.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Miss Yuzuki, will you go with me?” David blurted. He covered his mouth afterwards.
 
With that, Yuzuki chuckled. “If you'll take me with you that is.”
 
“Of course I will!” Gone was the shy in David at last. “Someday when I get a job and—”
 
“Miss Yuzuki will already have babies by the time you work Dave.” A girl approached them, carrying her own version of Hawaii. “I think I'm the one who'll be going with you!”
 
Yuzuki discharged a laugh. “You're going to Hawaii too, Marlene?”
 
“Yup!” Marlene squealed, tugging David's arm. “Dave's coming along too! And we'll get married in the sunset!”
 
`What a beautiful imagination…' Yuzuki thought. `I hope to marry in a sunset too…wait. What am I thinking?'
 
After the two children left her, Yuzuki sighed. She recalled her lost necklace again and it was driving her guilty. `Okay, I'm overreacting maybe. It's just a necklace…a necklace given by Minoru…Oh damn.'
 
~o~
 
`The 2 week vacation' Minoru reminded himself. `Use it well.'
 
Slumping in his chair with a cup of hot coffee in his hand, Minoru spent his day thinking of where he should be having his vacation. For the past years, he was so busy of his job that he never had time to have a satisfying hiatus. In his younger years, he would usually take Yuzuki with him on a 2 or 3 days trip. But these trips were only held inside the borders of Japan. Minoru reminded himself again that Yuzuki still has not traveled outside the country. `She deserves a good vacation like I do.'
 
Groaning, he stood up from his couch and transferred to another sofa nearer to the wide screen television. He slowly placed his mug down on a small table in front of him and grabbed the remote. `Ah…sloth days…'
 
No papers. No nagging staff. No work. A moment Minoru wished to have even for just a day. But it will be 2 weeks of this kind of moment and it will be a nuisance staying at home. Scratching his head, Minoru can't make up his mind on which channel to stay put. He constantly changed one program to another.
 
“Goddamn it. I didn't expect this to be boring.” Minoru cursed under his breath. Finally, Discovery Travel and Living caught his attention.
 
`It's famous for its sunset! Lovers will enjoy the serene atmosphere and the romantic feel of the view. Picnics are allowed and…' Minoru sat erect. `…free wines are available. Hotels here are famous for its satisfying costumer services and…'
 
Minoru's jaw dropped. `Why in the world have I not thought about that before?' He gulped the final content of his mug and smiled. `Hawaii…Lover's paradise…It's so perfect for me and Yuzuki.'
 
He grabbed his cell phone and dialed his secretary. It started to ring. Taka picked it up. “Yes sir?”
 
“Hey, can you do me a favor?” Minoru asked in an excited voice.
 
Although suggested by his boss to have a vacation himself, Taka preferred to make use of his time on work to earn cash rather than have a vacation and spending it all away. If only he's rich like Minoru.
 
“Anything that you desire Mr. Minoru.” Taka said with a firm sound.
 
“Arrange my papers. I'm going to Hawaii.”
 
~o~
 
It's already 5 o'clock in the afternoon and Yuzuki had overtime again. Everyone was already out by 3 o'clock though. Yuzuki spent her afternoon cleaning the kids' mess. Now, she is feeling a bit groggy especially with the loss of her precious necklace.
 
Arriving at the gate, Yuzuki caught a glimpse of a familiar car just about outside the school. She heaved a smile, finally running out the gate.
 
Just about the street's right crossing, Minoru waited for Yuzuki in his black BMW. He sees her right now, crossing the street and heading toward his car. He took off his seatbelt and jumped out of the car to greet her first.
 
“Mr. Minoru, why are you here?” Yuzuki was a bit flustered.
 
Minoru didn't reply. Instead, he pulled her close to him and landed a kiss on her full lips. Yuzuki was unable to resist again. She allowed him to slide down his tongue into her mouth and flicker along with her own. Minoru kissed her deeper once more, immediately ending the event with a loud gasp for air.
 
“Hi…Yuzuki…” He greeted while panting. “I was…here…to…tell the principal…that…I'm taking…you…to…vacation.”
 
“Again? But I've already had enough of Japan.” Yuzuki's tone was persistent. But she was happy that Minoru didn't notice her not wearing the necklace. This made her feel calm.
 
“No, not Japan.” Minoru pulled Yuzuki again and kissed her. Letting go, he finally said, “We're going to Hawaii…just the two of us.”
 
 
 
 
~o~
 
 
A/N: I think Hawaii really is a lovers' paradise. It's perfect for vacation! Hehe…I'll wait for the reviews.