Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ Quiet Storm ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

XVII: Quiet Storm:

They don't have to have sex all of the time. Breathers like this are actually good. She can barely keep her eyes open. He gently stroked her hair. He really wore her out. For now, he was going to let her rest. He kissed her on the cheek.

“Sleep well,” he whispered. He rested his head on her arm. She smelled of sweat and cotton candy. An odd scent but he couldn't get enough of it. Even her wings started to wilt a bit. Old memories filled his head. He couldn't tell who he was looking at. Kaze? Julia? Or was it her? They all started to blend together. They looked so beautiful in their own way. He leaned and kissed her on the shoulder.

They didn't really have any plans about what they were going to do. There wasn't much to do around here. This place was quiet. Too quiet. He knows that he will get bored. Still, he doesn't want to go home yet. They could stay out for a few days. He didn't mind it. This was just a lull at the moment. There will be something else to do soon. Already, he had a few ideas. He let out a small chuckle.

What time was it now? That didn't matter. There wasn't a rush around here. No one could contact them. Not like either one carried around portable phones or anything. He didn't even bother to pack them. But what about money? Now that was going to be a bit of a problem. He was going to have to work something out soon. Right now, he can't be bothered. His eyes moved back to his girl.

Sometimes, he wonders what she is dreaming. She had a little smile on her face. She must be having a nice dream. Could she even dream at all? He's wondered about that at times. She says that she can.

“In a way, yes,” she said.

“What is it like?” he asked. It just came out of his mouth. Frankly, he didn't know why he asked. He wasn't the type to dwell on things like dreams too often. Neither did he really do small talk. It just happened really. He forgot what she said. Or rather, it wasn't on his brain at the moment. And just like that, the ability to care was turned off again. He just closed his eyes, but he didn't go to sleep. Not yet, anyway. It was just going to let that happen all in due time. When they woke up again, he was going to see what happened next.

For now, it was just time to rest in the quiet storm. Rest and let his mind wander off into the blissful nothingness.