Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ Another Lazy Day ( Chapter 22 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

XXII: Another Lazy Day:

They didn't have to have sex all of the time. She had her head resting against his chest. He held her in his arms. There wasn't much to do today. By now, he was used to it. This was their time. They didn't need to talk. They didn't need to do anything.

He kissed her on the forehead.

“Mmm,” she said. She slowly closes her eyes. She's going to sleep already? He wasn't surprised. He has been tiring her out for the past couple of days. All in a good way, of course. There was no planning involved. Just them and the endless summer evening. It will get boring soon, but he will find something to do.

This was a turn-your-brain-off evening. He had never really tried to do that. Sure, he was laid back when there was nothing to do around the ship. But he's got lost in his head and his memories. Something in him wouldn't let go of his first love. It's easy to understand why. Most people can never forget their first. The details will become hazy over time but the main idea will remain. He's caught between the past and the future. Right now, however, his mind was in the floating middle of a bliss made of nothing.

He could hear the birds singing outside. Heh. Birds. When was the last time he heard those? Somehow, that didn't matter. He wasn't ready to go to sleep yet. He will soon. But just not yet. He just didn't feel like it. No one had tried to contact them. Was anyone even looking for them? Did they even notice that they were gone? Did they even care? He pushed out all of those thoughts. His attention turned back to her. Yep, she was sound asleep. Let her be. He wasn't going to bother waking her up. He kissed her on the forehead.

“Sleep well.”

She looked so peaceful. Part of him wondered what she was dreaming. It would be cool if he could see inside her head. But then again, it wouldn't really be fun. It would be best to keep the mystery to himself. They will get to play again when she wakes up. He had some ideas of what he wanted to do with her next. For now, it was time to go back to sleep. How long were they going to nap? It didn't matter. Time was pointless here. In any case, he was going to turn off his brain and get to sleep.

He gave her one more little kiss on the lips before closing his eyes and falling right to sleep.