Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ Lazy Hazy Days ( Chapter 39 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

XXXIX: Lazy Hazy Days:

Can every evening be like this? He started to wonder about that. He never thought that such a peace existed. He did once upon a time but that came to a halt. Now, it was just floating along with endless struggle. It didn't get him down. He just never thought…

Well, tonight didn't call for much thought. How many times have they done this? That didn't matter anymore. But he knew that it wasn't going to last long he didn't want to think about that. But what choice did he have? They would have to leave in a few days.

But he couldn't think about that right now.

She was already sound asleep. She cuddled up close to him under the sheets. She looked so precious in his arms. He didn't understand how she could sleep heavily after their little trysts. It amazed him. He knelt down and kissed her on the forehead. She murmured in her sleep as she settled back into place. He looked out into the darkness. It could get a little boring out here. It was just them in this vacation house. Did the others know where they were? If they had, all was quiet on their end. How long before they started looking for them? Were they looking for them?

He pushed that out of his head. The silence gave his mind permission to wander. He probably should get to sleep. But he doesn't want to sleep yet. So, he will just lay there in the early hours of the morning and try not to think about anything. That shouldn't be hard to do, right? He frowned to himself. He once again tried to clear his mind. The crickets and the summer night were going to be helpful in that process. He closed his eyes in hopes that sleep would come faster. It would take a while, but he finally managed to join her in sleep.

There weren't really any plans tomorrow. That's how it's been for the past couple of weeks. That did not bother him. The only thing he had to worry about was being bored enough to get back to the ship. And he wasn't ready to do that.