Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ Back into Town ( Chapter 41 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

XLI: Back into Town:

They made it into the town around three in the afternoon. This time, things were lively around them. Now, it looked like a town from a TV drama. They might as well have walked on set. She rested her head on his shoulder.

“Mmm,” she said. Was this how she saw Heaven back then? He was just happy to see her happy. They didn't have many plans out here today. They were just going to walk around for the time being. Not many people paid too much attention to them. He didn't mind it. His attention was on her.

“Where do you want to go?” he asked.

“I don't know,” she said. He was going to have to lead the way. He was used to it by now. Somehow, it didn't seem to annoy him. There wasn't much time for such a thing. They were going to have to leave in eight days anyway.

They came up to the first shop. Oh, it was a smoke shop. He was just about out of cigarettes. How convenient. He looked down at her.

“I need to get something really quick,” he said. “Do you mind?”

“No,” she said.

“Nice,” he said. The couple walked into the shop. It wasn't going to take too long. He just needed a pack of cigarettes. Nothing fancy. Just enough to get him through the day. She leaned against his back.

“Can we go to that other shop we went to the other day?” she asked. He smiled as he gently pushed her off.

“Sure,” he said. He walked over to a wall of cigarettes. She stood back over to the doorway.

“Good afternoon, sir!” the clerk said behind the counter. “Is there anything I can help you with?”

“Hm? No, I've found what I wanted,” he said. He picked up two packs of cigarettes. He walked over to the counter and set them down.

“Is that it?” the clerk asked. He looked around for a moment before setting down a lighter from the rack on the counter next to him.

“This too,” he said. The clerk rang up everything and he paid in what little cash he took with him. He turned to her, eagerly waiting. He held out his hand and she took it. They headed back into the town for the next destination.