Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven ❯ Long Into the Night ( Chapter 47 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

XLVII: Long into the Night:

It's another quiet night. She cuddled up to her husband. He was already sound asleep. She smiled to herself. They would be leaving soon. She didn't want that to happen. But he told her they had to.

“That was all I paid for,” he said. She never had to worry about things like that. He took care of everything. She never had to think about it. Yes, she worked. Yes, she made money. However, she didn't really think about money. That was all everyone else's thoughts. Come to think of it, she didn't really have to think about anything.

She kept her eyes on his as he slept. He held her to his chest. She couldn't get out of his grasp. Why would she? This was where she wanted to be. She kissed him on the chest.

“Good night,” she whispered.

She couldn't sleep. Sometimes, she did. But not tonight. Instead, she just lay awake in his arms. A little smile came across her face. They've been close like this for the past four weeks. It might have been longer. They stopped counting by the end of the first week. The owner was the one who called to remind them that time was up.

But she doesn't want to leave. He had to remind her that they had to.

“Can't we stay a little bit longer?” she asked.

“No, dear,” he said. “We will have to make the most of it.” She pouted at him.

“Okay,” she said. He kissed her on the forehead.

“I'm going to make it worth your while,” he promised. And that is what he did. Today wore them both out. But she still couldn't sleep. Sleep wasn't going to come to her. She decided to lie there and take in the moment. Her eyes drifted up to the ceiling above. The dark made her feel so small when she was alone. But she wasn't alone tonight, was she? He made her feel sexy tonight. He was going to do it all again tomorrow. For now, it was going to be a long night. She didn't mind it. They were together again and that was all that mattered.

“Good night,” she whispered. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep. It wasn't going to come but she was going to pretend anyway. After all, it was better this way.