Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ My College Romantic Comedy Was Wrong, As I Expected ❯ My College SNAFU: 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter Five

 

“I had this idea for a project this summer, but after what happened with you and Saki and Haruno, I realized it was childish,” Kyouya confided in me. We were washing dishes after morning breakfast on Saturday morning. It was going to be a beautiful day and I was mulling what to do with it.  

“Oh?” I asked him.

“I wanted to make a dating game with the four of us working together,” he said. I frowned. There had to be more. For one, I know I’m not interested in that kind of thing. Those are for virgins.

“Nana is changing her major to singing, on your advice. After the cold she had and the mess with the studio session in Tokyo, voice acting isn’t right for her. And Aki is shifting to Fine Arts rather than the sort of art you see in games. It would be a waste of her ability,” I considered out loud. Aki nodded agreement over her breakfast, eyes distant but ears listening.

“Exactly. I’d be ruining everything that makes them artists. So I decided to drop that idea. I’ll work construction or something over the summer break,” Kyouya explained.

“Have you picked one of them?” I asked him. He looked flustered.

“Not yet. Your women are making things more complicated for us,” Kyouya complained. Aki nodded agreement behind him.

“My women?” I asked him.

“Yours. They aren’t dating anyone else. They fawn all over you. They sleep in your room on alternating nights. I’ve never even heard of this kind of thing in real life. Why haven’t they killed each other? Women are territorial.”

I noticed Nana and Aki frowning behind their crush. I doubt he’s this dense.

“I don’t know. I really don’t. They have some sort of agreement and I don’t know the terms. I wasn’t there when they decided, and they don’t tell me the details,” I answered him. “I suspect if a woman asked one of them, they might answer if they were approached carefully.”

“You ever seen an anime called Pet Girl of Sakurasou?” I asked him.

“Isn’t that the one based on Honey and Clover?” he said. “H&C is mandatory viewing for our track. We’re all supposed to see that.”

“Yes, and Nana is mandatory for the Performing Arts track. Pet Girl might apply to your situation. That guy found his talents lead him to being a project manager for a girl with Aki’s level of drawing ability.” Aki blushed at this praise.

“And there was that playboy with the girl next door who was a super genki animator. Didn’t he go off to … well, HERE at the end?” recalled Kyouya. I nodded.

“Yep,” I agreed. “He left his true love behind because he couldn’t stand beside her on pure talent, and it broke her heart every time he went off with a floozy. Don’t be that guy. Or the other guy, either. He tried to create a game and it sucked. And he had to accept all he could really do was be life support for the Pet Girl genius.”

“She was pretty much the blonde doll from Honey and Clover, only naked.” Nana gacked over this description, but Kyouya nodded in agreement. 

“I watched Nana but I just couldn’t understand why the singer stayed friends with the riajuu with the taste in self destructive relationships?”

“I think, the Nana girls were actually a metaphor for a single person having sides,” I said. They stared at me. All of them.

“What? How did you come to that interpretation?” demanded Nanako.

“One side is the rough singer alienated by the expectations of society belting out punk rock to crowds of rowdy teenagers and rebels. The other is a good girl who gives it up to a guy who abuses her and controls her and tries to force her to be a doll, a bird in a cage. They’re the same person though. Nana and Nana have the same name because it’s like the female version of Fight Club. Only without the 12 step program. Or the soap. Or the credit building demolitions.” They just stared, eventually shaking their heads.

“I don’t know what to think anymore. Is this how Literature people think? My brain. My brain is all jumbled," complained Aki. Kyouya opened and shut his mouth, switching between objections unvoiced and points he had to accept. Nana finally answered for them all.

“I think I understand now why you have two.”

They all left the room.

“Was it something I said?” I asked the empty space.

I ended up spending the day with both Haruno and Saki, and a romantic lunch down by the seaside at a café. Haruno wore sunglasses and a flowered dress which was modest yet showed off her curves. Saki went with an athletic sleeveless top with a mesh-lace blouse over it that fluttered in the sea breeze. I wore light trousers, sunglasses, and tied my lengthening hair back into a man’s ponytail. Both women seemed to approve, trading off which was holding my hand as we walked along the shops by the seashore.

Later we observed the towering clouds from an approaching tropical storm and visited the supermarket to pick up suitable food for a Saturday feast for the household. Entertaining inexpensively is not that hard, if you can cook. I’d learned early, thanks to Komachi needing care and I was the big brother. She picked it up quickly and we’d traded off or helped each other. I missed my sister, still. Local tomatoes were cheap. I found enough ingredients to make a decent spaghetti and meatballs with lots of breadcrumbs and not much meat, but it was sausage so it would taste okay. Haruno splurged on three bottles of imported red wine from South America which cost more than the meat did, but she just laughed and bought it herself.

Prepping ingredients with the not very sharp knife eventually got into the pan, and Saki and I worked while Haruno drank and laughed. Nana eventually arrived and she and Aki sipped wine, getting tipsy. The garlic bread, which was considerably stronger than most Japanese like to eat, lead to jokes about future bad breath and eventually Kyouya arrived from his job at Lawsons, heading for a bath before joining us for dinner. We took portions from the platters and bowls on the table, drinking wine and laughing. I managed to clean up and pack up some leftovers while Aki and Nana were hugging each other joking at Kyouya’s expense. Haruno was bemused. Saki was gently flushed from wine but that sort of expressionlessness some drunks get when they’re trying to compensate. I led her my bedroom and Haruno followed. I also heart thumps from elsewhere in the household. Haruno and Saki both disrobed before me after he door shut.

“Hachiman. We’re not letting you sleep tonight,” they promised. Okay. Well.

Dear Penthouse, I never thought this would happen to me, but….