D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Element Angels ❯ Police encounter ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
The third chapter and once again it's quiet long. So far the only one with swearing (although it is stared out). Let's just say that Miharu got a little bit annoyed.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DNAngel. I probably never will, but I can always dream. 8starts staring off into the distance with glazed eyes*
 
 
It was morning once again and a Friday. Emi was dishing out chocolate cake for breakfast, and once again Miharu was sat on the sofa reading. Since when, was a mystery to everyone but her and the alarm clock, which received a new dent every morning.
 
Asuka was walking aimlessly around occasionally glancing at the chocolate cake, shaking her head and grumbling something no one could hear. Emi waved a slice in front of Miharu and she was snapped out of her reading. Asuka glanced at her two friends happily tucking into the chocolate cake and swiftly joined them before her bit was eaten as well.
 
Both Asuka and Miharu were wearing the boy's uniform, while Emi stuck with the girl's with the guy's shirt. Both Miharu and Asuka pointed out this was pointless as there was nothing wrong with the girl's top it was just the skirt they hated.
 
Not all of the cake was eaten so Miharu stored the rest in a box in her bag for lunch and happily got ready to head out the door by sitting down and reading. Asuka sighed and wondered how the hell Miharu could carry that bag all by herself and have not broken her back.
 
After checking the clock Miharu realised they were going to be late, so in her usual whirlwind grabbed her stuff and legged it out the door, all whilst still reading. Asuka pushed Emi out with her stuff and quickly locked up, then legged it to catch up with an increasingly distant Miharu.
 
 
They didn't catch her, but they did just get to school on time, with not even a minute to spare. Asuka went off to her maths class and hoped they were doing something complicated. In fact they were making tessellating shapes out of pieces of paper.
 
This seemed more fit for an art class than a maths class and she told everyone around her so. Masahiro nodded, not seeing the relation it had to maths, Satoshi was so engrossed in it he didn't even hear her statement.
 
Within 5 minutes she'd gotten bored and done a rough tessellating equilateral triangle, and had started once again listening to her mp3 player, while singing the songs aloud in English and annoying everyone around her, but it wasn't loud enough for the teacher to hear so she didn't get into trouble.
 
Emi was practicing discus. The whole class was in a long line, and they had to throw it at the same time and see who's one went the furthest. The main competition was between her, Riku and Takeshi.
 
Takeshi was behind the two girls and making this known by complaining loudly. Riku was level with Emi, which was pretty darn far. However Emi's competitive streak was working in over drive and refusing to let her be beaten. Sure enough the competitive streak dropped the discus in a puddle when she was fetching it back, getting it all wet.
 
With the added water she could now control the direction and distance the discus went. It was the last throw and everyone threw as hard as possible. Emi's was sent flying, and kept flying, but for some reason the wind which was helping Riku's discus was preventing hers from going as far.
 
She glanced up at the school and sure enough there was Miharu staring in concentration at the discuses. Miharu noticed her and hurriedly put a stop to the journey of both the discuses, causing them to land on top of each other and it be a draw. Emi silently cursed her friend and went to retrieve the discus, having been reduced to a draw.
 
Miharu this time managed to keep her seat by the window. They had to paint the first thing that came into their mind when you said caterpillar, which for some obscure reason was an elephant.
 
The painting was quickly finished and she stared out the window. Emi was throwing discuses. It was then she saw her drop it in a puddle and Miharu knew she was trying to cheat. So Miharu just gave Riku's discus a helping hand by creating a breeze under it, and another one against Emi's.
 
Emi glanced up at the window and Miharu decided it was better to stop it then and there, so manoeuvred them so they landed on top of each other. She could almost hear Emi cursing her and smiled.
 
Lunchtime came and flew out the window again like the butterflies which escaped from Miharu's bag half way through it. Miharu claimed that the Komodo dragon must have left the lid of their tank open again.
 
It was about that time that everyone had talked to each other and discovered that all the pens and pencils in the pencil cases of everyone in Miharu's classes had gone missing. It was thought to be a coincidence, but Emi, Asuka and most certainly Miharu knew differently.
 
English arrived once again. It was only their fourth lesson and already the teacher was praying that all three of them be ill, or bunking off. This of course meant they were there in better health than ever.
 
She gave up on them after they finished all the exercises and extension work within half the lesson. Asuka made an agreement with her. They could do whatever they wanted and she left them alone as long as they didn't disturb the class any more than they had been, and took all the tests.
 
Once again after school they headed off to their job. Emi pointed out that there were a lot of policemen around, and they even had to show their ID cards that said they worked there at the entrance to the main part of the museum.
 
They shouldn't have actually been there, but Miharu's kleptomaniac tendencies had picked up three passes yesterday which were lying on the manager's desk, and filled them in with the appropriate data.
 
It allowed them into all areas, and meant they could use the main part as a shortcut to the library. It seemed like anyone could come in to the library as there were a number of reporters camping out in the open door. They wondered what the hell was going on and even more so when they saw the scene inside.
 
There were a number of policemen gathered round computer screens. They were making an incredible amount of noise and were obviously disturbing everyone who had come to the library for quiet study.
 
The manager was just standing at the edge of the room looking at them in great distress, talking to a very loud man who looked remotely like Takeshi. (You can guess who he is) The man walked off and Asuka approached the manager.
 
He was on the verge of tears and asked her and Miharu to try and get them to quiet down. Emi on seeing this was not going to be easy backed into the corner.
 
Asuka politely went and asked if they could be a little quieter as they were disturbing the visitors. She was ignored, so she tried asking a different person, then another, then another.
 
All this time the wind in that particular area was getting stronger and stronger, until it blew a pile of papers over. It was then that Asuka realised that Miharu was getting mad and it was probably better to join Emi in the corner.
 
Someone cursed the wind and it suddenly stopped. There was a cheer and as it died down Miharu could just be heard telling them to be quiet in her usual warning tone.
 
There were three levels when she got mad 1) annoyed with wind, 2) warning voice with a lack of any air at all (the calm before the storm) and 3) violent rage involving a lot of swearing and usually the other person getting hurt.
 
Emi and Asuka hadn't yet managed to see her reach level 3, but information from her brother said it was a thing best avoided, for everyone's sakes; especially Miharu's as she could get injured and not notice until after she'd calmed down.
 
Seeing as level 2 was being ignored the wind not only came back but was reaching gale forces. Miharu, stood in the middle of it voice booming high above the howling of the gale.
 
“I ASKED YOU TO BE F*** QUIET, AND F***ING YOU IGNORED ME. SO GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE THIS F***ING INSTANCE!” and with that the gale forced them out of the room and died down, apart from around the door were it was stopping them coming back in.
 
All this time Emi and Asuka had been smiling evilly and doing a funny little dance to celebrate the first time they saw Miharu properly angry.
 
There were a lot of people staring in shock at the teenager who had just kicked the entire police force out of the library. There were even a few applauses from the fed up students who could now work in peace, and some camera flashes from the reporters who wanted to record this extraordinary event.
 
It was about then that Emi and Asuka dared to approach there friend, who was back to normal again. The fact that her moods could just be turned on and off was scary in itself. Almost as scary as her bundling the police computers into her bag whilst smiling evilly.
 
There were some bangs and a few crashes outside. It was then that Dark, followed closely by Krad appeared through the open window. Due to her rapidly growing crush on Dark, Miharu instantly started to help him, along with Emi who just wanted to fight someone.
 
These resulted in Krad getting annoyed as he was repeatedly drenched and blown about and turn his anger towards them. Emi was his first victim. She was swiftly knocked out by a book to the head, while Asuka watch in amusement remembering all the things Emi had done to deserve that. It was Miharu next.
 
Although Miharu but up a fight, Krad started strangling her and eventually she too blacked out. Asuka laughed this time; Miharu too had done so many things to deserve that. It was then that Krad turned towards her and quickly had to dodge a fireball. With that he rapidly departed, having not noticed that Dark was picking up the two unconscious girls.
 
Asuka walked over and struggled to get Miharu's bag in her arms. That done the two of them took off and made for the open window, Dark waving to the police officers who were still being too noisy for the gale to let through the door. (Asuka had her fiery wings out for once)
 
Half way there Dark landed on a roof complaining that he had the raw end of the deal. With an evil grin Asuka swapped and carried her friends the rest of the way leaving Dark with the bag. Dark of course soon realised that the bag was infact even heavier than both Emi and Miharu combined, and complained hell of a lot more. Eventually they got them home and into bed.
 
Dark turned back into a frantically worried Daisuke, who after calling home was staying the night. Asuka smiled when she remembered that the only spare bed was in Miharu's room. She was going to have hell of a surprise in the morning.
 
 
 
Miharu stirred quiet early in the morning and frowned. Her alarm clock wasn't going off and she was sure she could feel someone watching her. Sure enough when she opened her eyes Dark was sat in the chair next to the bed. “Daisuke just went to sleep.” He said and looked her over with concern.
 
Miharu smiled and Dark once again tried to kiss her. This time it was a mini fireball that stopped him, followed by a shout “Just because we aren't in the room doesn't mean you can try and kiss our friend.”
 
“But you can kiss me” another voice piped up. Miharu laughed, but was a little surprised they were awake. Then again it was just like them to be awake and stop her first kiss again. She tried to stand up, but toppled over. Eventually Dark had to carry her to the sofa in the living room, where Emi and Asuka were.
 
Asuka eyed Dark suspiciously. She knew that the moment she turned her back he would kiss Miharu and she just couldn't be having that. Miharu might have been the oldest, but she sure didn't act it and this meant both Emi and Asuka were protective of her.
 
Unfortunately this protectiveness was sometimes taken a little too far in Miharu's eyes. The suspicion doubled when Miharu lay on the sofa leaning against him and he didn't protest once, but put his arm around her. Due to not noticing the suspicion or maybe because of it Miharu fell swiftly asleep once again.
 
This earned Dark a number of evil glares off of Asuka who was acting like a mother hen and Emi who wasn't really bothered about protecting Miharu but wanted to know why Dark wouldn't kiss her.
 
There was an uncomfortable silence. “Leave her alone.” Asuka eventually said, shattering that silence in a most un-explosive way. Dark just smirked and ran a hand through Miharu's hair “What if she doesn't want me too” and just on queue Miharu snuggled up closer to him.
 
Emi just watched this with amusement as it was so obvious that he was doing this to wind Asuka up and it was working so well. Asuka made a rather threatening growl. A “You can have any other girl, but her!” accompanied the growl. “But I don't want any other girl” he replied, a glimmer of amusement in his eyes.
 
With that Asuka got up and stalked out the room, closely followed by a staggering Emi, slamming the door behind her. The noise woke Miharu. She sat up, looking around the room and smiled. It was then she finally got her first kiss.
 
Ten minutes later Asuka had calmed down sufficiently to leave her room, although not quiet enough to stop her attempting to punch Dark. By that time Miharu was back in bed and Dark once again watching over her while she slept.
 
Asuka looked at them and sighed, she knew exactly what had happened from Miharu's red cheeks. This was not good. It was about then that the door bell rang.
 
When Asuka opened the door (Emi and Miharu are banned from doing it remember) she found a flustered Takeshi brandishing that day's newspaper. He was making so much noise she had to let him in before the landlady kicked them out for even more disturbances, that and she suspected that the tidal wave had come from their apartment.
 
He thrust the newspaper at Asuka and instantly went to find Emi. Luckily she just managed to point him in the right direction before he found Dark, and saved them from a lot of awkward questions.
 
After knocking on Emi's door her head appeared and she slid out before anyone had a chance to look in it. Emi smiled at him, turning a shade of light pink, and showed him to the sofa.
 
Meanwhile Asuka was reading the front page. Surprisingly the article wasn't about Darks theft the night before, giving her a small sense of triumph. However this was swallowed up by the fact that he article was about Miharu kicking the police force out of the library and the mystery gale that would only let people who were quiet into the library, kicking anyone who made too much noise out.
 
Miharu's antics were a minor part of the article; the main bit involved the `experts' they brought in later. It appeared that all the magical community in the area had gone and seen this, which was impressive seeing not even 12 hours had passed. The only thing they all agreed on seemed to be the presence from water, fire and air energy.
 
Mostly water and air though. This was carried on by various things they thought it could be, including elementals, element angels and an assortment of other mythical creatures. Asuka got the feeling this wouldn't end well, but it should only last a few days.
 
It was then that she noticed the awkwardness between Takeshi and Emi. This was very unusual so she had to investigate. It appeared that Emi would glance at Takeshi and blush, quickly looking the other way, and then he would do exactly the same thing.
 
To Asuka it was obvious they liked each other and she felt like a mother hen again. Although this time she couldn't loose Emi, who'd been lost many years before hand.
 
With ruffled feathers (this is figuratively) she said “She likes you and you like her, so just kiss her already” quickly retreating into her room. She was so happy that she hadn't gone all lovey over some boy unlike her friends.
 
In the end Asuka got so bored she went to keep an eye on Dark and Miharu, who strangely enough hadn't moved from the last time she looked. Miharu was still asleep and Dark was watching over her. After watching Dark watch Miharu for half an hour she struck up conversation and quickly regretted it.
 
It seemed that the only thing he was interested in was Miharu's life history. With a lot of effort she steered the conversation onto Pythagoras's theorem (the only technically named maths thing I can spell right enough for spellchecker to correct me), then used the fact Dark was yawning as an excuse to make him go to sleep in the spare bed, which was currently positioned on the other side of Miharu's room.
 
She then took the chance to retrieve one of the computers Miharu had relieved the police of, from her bag and see what it could do. She was soon very impressed. It had brilliant graphics and wireless broadband.
 
Half a day later Takeshi left, leaving a small trail of what smelt like sea water behind him. This would have seemed strange, but he'd been allowed into Emi's room and even Miharu and Asuka didn't know what was in there, no doubt there was some need for sea water.
 
Miharu and Dark were still sleeping, while Emi and Asuka were happily playing on the computers, when there was a few loud knocks on the door. Asuka was too engrossed in her game, which involved manoeuvring a square around obstacles, to answer it and Emi who could have taken this wonderful opportunity was also engrossed in an online water fight.
 
(Strangely enough these things actually happen in real life but Miharu would be reading fan fictions and doing quizzes along with them) In the end a very groggy Miharu stumbled over to the door and just managed to open it.
 
It swung open to reveal a nervous looking Satoshi, who saw the state Miharu was in and grimaced. She looked worse than she actually was, but he didn't know that she hadn't brushed her hair and had slept in those clothes.
 
His guilt about knocking them out doubled when he saw that Miharu couldn't actually walk from one room to the other very well and ended up acting as her crutch. He steered her back to her room and frowned.
 
Emi who he'd also knocked out was absolutely fine; healthier than Asuka who hadn't been touched the night before. This was mainly as Asuka was loosing at the little square game and getting rather depressed about it.
 
He was given a good while to think about this as both Asuka and Emi hadn't noticed him and Miharu was watching the little square game with mild fixation and would soon be adding it to her long list of things she obsesses over.
 
It wasn't until he walked up to them, tripped over Emi and landed on Asuka, having been to busy staring at the sleeping Dark to look where he was going, did they actually realise he was there.
 
However he was not welcomed as he'd interrupted the online water fight and made Asuka loose the little square game once again not for the fact he'd knocked two of them out the night before. Asuka immediately lost her temper and began to beat the hell out of him for making her lose (although she was going to anyways).
 
Miharu who wasn't as angry as the other two smiled and climbed back into bed, saying “good night” to everyone. No one actually bothered to remind her it was the middle of the afternoon and she's already spent most of the day asleep.
 
This was mainly because Satoshi chose that moment to ask why Miharu was so tired when Emi was absolutely fine and both Emi and Asuka realised it was true. Miharu sat up and stuck her tongue out at them and headed out the door having grabbed some stuff.
 
With Miharu gone the little square game was restarted and the lets-win-this-water-fight-after-Asuka-went-and-spoilt-it mission restarted. This gave Satoshi time to poke the still sleeping Dark with a long stick from the collection by the door. Why such a collection existed was a total mystery to everyone, including Miharu who'd started it.
 
Satoshi apologised again for knocking them out and returned to his apartment, with something long pointy stick shaped concealed rather badly under his jacket. No one bothered to comment as Emi and Asuka didn't care and Miharu still hadn't reappeared, not that she didn't already have enough long pointy sticks.
 
Five minutes later there were numerous loud knocks at the door. This time Asuka did actually answer it to find what appeared to be the entire Niwa family on her door step including the weird girl. (To-to)
 
She had to let them in as it was the only polite thing to do, that and she wanted to get rid of Dark before Miharu reappeared which for all she knew could be at any time.
 
In fact it was at the moment she let them in that Miharu reappeared, and was seen heading back to her room all clean and wet. Asuka ended up leading them in there too.
 
It seemed like everything was happening in Miharu's room today, not that she minded. She got them through the door when they all froze. It appeared that they had never actually seen Dark asleep as he was usually in Daisuke's form.
 
Asuka sighed thinking about the stupidity of it while kicking Miharu off the little square game and disrupting the water fight by jogging Emi. This sent a stream of swear words in numerous languages out of Emi's mouth.
 
She was not at all happy and was showing it by attempting to kick Asuka who just moved out of the way. This resulted in Emi overbalancing, knocking the Niwas over, who knocked Miharu over causing her to land in a rather compromising position on top of Dark.
 
She quickly got off, having turned bright red but it was too late. Dark had woken up and had a smirk plastered all over his face.
 
Emiko who took pity on the rather tall, rather red girl started introductions, while Miharu stared fussing over getting chairs for them all. All while this was happening Emi and Asuka had stopped trying to kill each other and were on the floor in hysterics. They loved it when Miharu was embarrassed and planned to make it much much worse.
 
As Miharu left the room for a minute Asuka sat everyone down on the chairs and Emi saved Miharu's bed for them to sit on. When Miharu returned she discovered the only available seat was on the bed next to Dark.
 
She glared at her so called friends and eventually sat on the bed a little reluctantly. With that the room filled with silent laughter from everyone but Miharu, who didn't think it, was worth laughing about and only increased her embarrassment.
 
By the time Dark couldn't find the jewellery he had stolen she was as stiff as a board. To make matters worse Asuka said “Miharu give it back.” And everyone stared at her.
 
With that she grabbed a length of rope tied it round the bed leg and instructed them to pull her back up when she pulled the rope. Then to a certain family's fascination disappeared into her school bag.
 
It honestly didn't look big enough to sit in let alone completely disappear into. Although Miharu was very relieved that she could and planned to stay in there a while.
 
Hours passed and it got dark outside. Having explained the bag to them, Asuka sent Daisuke's family home, although Daisuke stayed. (I was Darks turn to sleep at that point) Emi finally won the online water fight, which she of course was going to do, and Asuka gave up on the little square game, having taught Daisuke to play it and him being much better at it than her. Now they were just staring at the rope.
 
For people that were staring at something it still took them all five minutes to realise that it was moving and Miharu needed pulling up. Then even longer to get organised and actually start pulling, which was surprisingly hard.
 
In the end Emi had to disappear into her room with the end of the rope, and it was pulled with a tremendous force. What caused that force was another mystery.
 
When Miharu did eventually appear she was holding a rather large chest with the words “Do not open on pain of death” brandished over the front. However she did open it to reveal her collection of shiny and stalker things. In which the jewellery Dark had stolen was on the top.
 
The jewellery having been given back, (actual picture have been drawn of it while Silver was very bored and supposed to be revising) the rest of the chest was searched.
 
For something of Miharu's it was surprisingly neat. There were lots of compartments. Emi was regarding all the shiny jewellery with great interest and considering if she could borrow some.
 
Daisuke was musing over the largest compartment which was filled with numerous pens and pencils, none of which had originally been Miharu's but were `borrowed'. Asuka was looking with mild horror through a compartment with lots of random things thrown together, even a lock of hair.
 
What they all had in connection was the fact that they had once belonged to Asuka and were now part of the collection for stalking her. (It kind of exists and though as a joke without the lock of hair, of course.) Asuka left the room having had enough muttering “Stalker” as she passed Miharu.
 
In the end Emi and Miharu taught Daisuke how to successfully pickpocket without being caught. Which was the only was they'd survived when they first arrived, and Daisuke in exchange taught them how to pick locks.
 
Pick pocketing was the only thieving skill Emiko hadn't taught Daisuke but this was mainly as she felt that he'd never need it, that and it was a very risky profession in which it was easy to get caught.
 
They even demonstrated how good they were by giving back all the things they had lifted off of him so far, which of course was quiet a lot.
 
They even planned to have a competition to see who could accumulate the most pens and pencils in a day from their class mates without being caught.
 
If they were caught Miharu would take the blame as her kleptomaniacness would allow her to get off with it. Just one of the blessings of their `problems'. With that all sorted they went to bed, Daisuke sleeping in the spare bed once again.
 
 
The next chapter is really weird, all will be explained. Let's jut say that Wiz and Pikachu don't find it amusing.