D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Element Angels ❯ Illness ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Next chapter and poor Miharu's ill, although she did bring it on herself having gotten drenched and still carried on flying. Ow well she'll never learn.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DNAngel. No matter how hard I wish it'll probably never happen, even the first star didn't work. I
 
 
 
The next morning dawned and Miharu didn't get up. In fact she wasn't even awake when Asuka checked on her, although it was obvious that she had caught a cold. After Emi had shouted in a very snuffly Miharu's ear, the two of them set off for school.
 
It seemed a little odd, as Miharu was hardly ever ill and bunked off even less, unless it was sports day and she had to run. However generally when forced to run they hid behind a tree until the last lap and surprisingly were hardly ever caught.
 
Miharu's art class passed without incident, although there weren't as many interesting things to sketch.
 
One boy had brought in a baby alligator but it was soon confiscated and relocated to the school pond, after it was fished out the staffroom sink by an angry head teacher. Soon afterwards people started to avoid pushing each other, and in some cases teachers, in the pond.
 
Emi's PE class were once again doing dodge ball. It appeared a very wise captain had put Takeshi and Emi on the same team, which then slaughtered the opposition.
 
It got to the stage where they beat the other team in less than 2 minutes, which resulted in the teacher having to send a number of injured pupils to the nurse and them once again getting a detention.
 
Asuka's maths class went just as well, with a number of challenging, or semi-challenging as in Asuka's cases, algebraic problems being set. They were given the whole lesson to do them, but after a while Asuka not only finished the questions but did the next page in the text book as well.
 
The teacher, who'd given up on finding something hard enough, told her to just listen to music. For once she actually obeyed and was soon sitting back in her chair and once again singing English songs out loud just quiet enough for the teacher not to hear, but loud enough for everyone surrounding her to be distracted.
 
English class passed quiet well even though they had to do the test, which was by far the easiest test they had ever taken. However this did not mean that they wouldn't moan about it, and proceeded to do so for the rest of the day.
 
By the time school ended it was getting dark and they headed off to their job. It was there that Miharu met them and claimed that she was much better. Asuka was suspicious that this was just because it had once again started to rain.
 
Despite Asuka's best efforts to get her to admit she was still ill, mainly through giving her twice the normal amount of work and sending all enquiries straight to her, Miharu triumphed and never once showed weakness.
 
So with a sigh from Asuka and yelp of joy from Emi, the two of them went flying once again.
 
This time however it was for much longer and once again Asuka wasn't up when they came home so Miharu had to dry herself off.
 
 
 
The next day Miharu was even worse and it looked like the cold was becoming the flu. Yet by sheer force of will she actually went to school. Although it was her turn to lock up so she was a little bit late.
 
Emi enjoyed her lesson of what was with lack of better words chucking a welly across the field.
 
What this was actually achieving couldn't be said, although the teacher did have to duck a few. Then her friends started throwing wellies at her and a vicious circle was started.
 
Asuka spent the lesson copying out the questions then answering them in full. Although this should have made life difficult for her instead she did them in record time, mainly due to the fact that it was the extra problems she had done the day before but the teacher wasn't aware of that.
 
Miharu's art class went fairly well. They would have talked to her and gotten her to translate conversations, but she was asleep.
 
When she did actually get woken up, by the foghorn the teacher blew in her ear, she was hallucinating with a fever. Luckily by the end of the lesson it started raining and she made a full recovery in the space of five minutes.
 
Then science started, which they all three had together. (They do actually change lessons in the slots I forget to write about, but for some obscure reason the day always starts with their favourite subject and has English after lunch.) During this lesson Miharu was sat next to Risa and had to listen to her go on and on about Dark like she already owned him.
 
In the end Miharu, who had had to do the experiment all on her own, vowed to somehow get revenge on Risa.
 
Emi and Asuka were quiet happily working together. They were both once again amazed at Miharu's self control. Although they did note that at one point the scolding hot melted jelly did tip dangerously close to Risa's head.
 
The lesson was forced to end early so everyone could change due to a minor explosion.
 
How the hell Takeshi had managed to make melted jelly explode was beyond the pupils knowledge and in many respects the teacher as well.
 
Although she did suspect that he'd been messing around with the sealed bags of reactive metals in the back of the classroom and had dropped some beryllium into the water.
 
It would also explain the bright light, but not how all the dangerous bits of reacting metal missed everyone in the room and how a certain three girls left absolutely clean and dry along with their things, unlike everyone else.
 
Lunch was made rather boring by the fact that they all got lectured on handling chemicals responsibly. When Asuka pointed out that jelly isn't a chemical she got a round of applause and a detention to go with it.
 
Around this point Miharu, Emi and Daisuke as so met in a secluded corner of the school to see how there competition was going. Daisuke had about ten and was clearly loosing.
 
Emi had thirty and even she was a clear second place. Miharu had sixty plus pens and pencils! Even more unbelievable was that she had actually collected them all in that day.
 
When asked how she did it all she would say was explosion. What this actually meant was that she'd used the explosion as a distraction as she went round the class and emptied everyone's pencil cases.
 
English also had rather large distractions in it, allowing another classes pencil cases to be emptied. Then Miharu had home ec in which a container of ready made pasta sauce exploded out of an oven which had the door open.
 
This time it was Miharu who had caused it, and nearly got her caught. Luckily for her they didn't think about how much stuff her bag contained until they told her to empty it out.
 
She was no where near where the pens and pencils were stored when they told her to stop it and return the overly large pile back to her bag.
 
Emi just asked people to borrow pencils and never returned them, although after a while it stopped working as she was in drama and they were fed up of going to get the pencil from their bag.
 
Asuka wasn't in the competition, but was causing havoc in her geography lesson anyway by teaching the teacher how to use the computer.
 
By the time she got to the different effects you can put on a PowerPoint presentation the class were all very bored.
 
With that the school day ended and they hurried off to their job. Despite what Miharu thought Asuka had not forgotten that she was ill and there was no way she was letting Miharu go flying in the rain again.
 
Emi decided, as official she didn't have to work, that she would start a fortune telling stall up, in which she would read tarot cards and palms.
 
Surprisingly it was a booming success, which surprised everyone and got her enough money to look round the other stalls set up.
 
Asuka served people at the counter for checking in and out, while Miharu alphabetically sorted books back onto the shelves. This in itself was fun to the two girls.
 
The night drew to a close and Emi went flying while Miharu agreed to walk with Asuka back to the apartment to get warmer clothes.
 
For Asuka this confirmed that Miharu was seriously ill as it was obvious that her resistance to the cold had for once worn off.
 
They got back to the apartment and Asuka handcuffed Miharu's ankle to the bed frame while she got some socks from behind it.
 
By the time Miharu remerged and realised what she'd done Asuka was safely out of the room. It just goes to say that Miharu certainly didn't go flying that night.
 
A number of hours later Emi reappeared with a lost Dark who said Miharu was suppose to be meeting him and that she didn't turn up.
 
Asuka smiled and pointed to Miharu's room, from which there were lots of loud noises.
 
The door opened to reveal a messy room; a bed pulled half way across it and Miharu who was furiously flapping her wings, trying to get something off of her ankle.
 
When Dark came in she stopped struggling as much and started crying. Although he tried Dark couldn't get it off and only succeeded in making her ankle, which was already twice its normal size, swell even more.
 
In the end Asuka had to take it off, as Miharu had just fainted from exhaustion and the ankle looked extremely painful.
 
One thing was certain, and that was that there was no way Miharu was going to be able to get to school the next morning and if Emi and Asuka had anything to do with it, Daisuke was going to look after her.
 
 
 
Once again Miharu wasn't up when they left for school, then again neither was Daisuke, who would once again woke up in their apartment. Only this time he would have no idea where he was as Miharu's room was suck a tip.
 
Sure enough when he woke up there was a lot of confusion, which resulted in Dark getting shouted at. It woke a very sick Miharu up, who then tried to throw her pillow but was too weak.
 
In the end Daisuke ended up staying and looking after Miharu, just as Emi and Asuka had planned.
 
Meanwhile at school Asuka was getting it in the neck from her head of year for not turning up to yesterday's detention. The fact that she'd had a job to get to made no difference, and any way she'd actually forgotten about it.
 
Instead she started arguing that it was hardly fair that she got the detention for pointing out the teacher's error. Which in most cases was true, but at the time she was being really sarcastic about it.
 
This lecture however meant that she was blissfully able to miss maths, as they were doing the dreadfully easy task of lines of symmetry.
 
What was worse was the fact that at that moment a number of people in that class were struggling with it and were forced to use mirrors. For 13/14 year olds that was pretty pathetic.
 
Emi was once again doing cricket, although the first time she shouldn't have been that class anyway. No one else knew this so as far as they were concerned she'd never done it before.
 
This however didn't show as she bowled the ball well, and hit it every single time. Which wasn't many as it took Takeshi a while to actually throw the ball in a straight enough line for it to be classed as valid. It did however hit the teacher, twice.
 
Lessons passed along with lunch. Although there were no explosions, there was a minor fire, a penguin and an unmeltable piece of meltable jelly. The jelly quickly disappeared soon after this was discovered as evidently it was still edible.
 
As school ended and there jobs started Asuka had to excuse Miharu, as she was absent due to illness, although she had caused the illness to start with.
 
This meant that Asuka got grouchy due to twice the work and Emi smiled from the stall she once again set up. Once again she actually made quiet a profit and she went home smiling.
 
On the way they saw Dark. Despite getting shouted at for leaving Miharu on her own, Asuka was quiet relieved that he had. What they didn't realise was that Miharu was so bad that she didn't know who was and wasn't there to start with.
 
On the way back to the apartment Emi tried to steal the mirror Dark had stolen but funnily enough failed. It was only when they actually had gotten back to the apartment that the mirror activated.
 
This meant that a small nuclear bomb fell out of it and was counting down quiet happily on Miharu's bedroom floor.
 
How the hell the Hikari's and gotten hold of it was yet to be seen. It was however causing quiet a stir.
 
Emi however, who'd accidentally found and activated numerous types of explosives before, knew exactly what to do, while Asuka considered where there or not she could aim it at the school.
 
In the end Emi dragged it over to Miharu's bag and dropped it into the front pocket.
 
It exploded with a muffled bang, green smoke and a small quantity of sea water. The bag got stared at and Emi just shrugged.
 
Miharu had already told her that the front pocket contained the extra water from the ice caps melting, along with Atlanta and a large number of sea creature.
 
Emi shouted sorry through the gap and some angry whistling was heard in reply. Whether or not this was normal it was hard to tell with that bag.
 
All while this was going on Miharu didn't even stir. Now that the bomb was gone Asuka once again started to finalise her plans for burning down the school.
 
 
Another chapter done and Miharu starts to get better from now on. Which is good for other people at first then very very bad.