Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Smile for Me ❯ Hands, Hands ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter Three: The Bathroom
I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa! No, no, no, no, no!!! So don't sue.
 
Saionji Temple…
 
“So this is a temple? Wow!” Miyu looked around with wonder.
 
“You have lived here for almost 4 years…” Kanata muttered to himself.
 
“Did you say something?” Miyu looked at him questionably.
 
“No, nothing. Let's go inside, Miyu.” He placed his hand on the small of her back and guided her into the house. They ate without saying a word to each other. Miyu stood up and washed her plates.
 
“Umm… can I ask you something?” she asked Kanata, not taking her eyes off the plate she was watching.
 
“Yeah sure.” Kanata said, approaching her.
 
“What is your name?”
 
“My name? It's Kanata Saionji. ”
 
“Yeah.” She grabbed his plate and continued washing. “And while we're on the subject, could you tell me all about my life here?”
 
“Are you sure?” Kanata asked her, a little bit surprised.
 
“Yes. I would do anything to remember my past… and you.” She didn't blush but Kanata did. She wasn't sure about her feelings about him. “I know you were a very important person to me, I can feel it.” After what happened, she lost everything they had for the past 4 years. She dried the dishes and placed them in the cupboard. “Don't worry. I bet you're exhausted about today. You can tell me tomorrow.”
 
“Sure.” He said. “Let's wash up before we go to…” before he could even finish what he was saying, Miyu already closed the door to the bathroom.
 
Strange, he thought to himself, I don't think I ever told her where the bathroom was…
 
Morning…
 
Kanata stretched on his futon and rolled over a few times. But he hit something. Oh, no. Please don't let it be what I think it is. He carefully rolled back and looked slowly. A big sigh exited his mouth. It was only his pillow.
 
“Good morning, Mr. Saionji.” A sweet but formal voice caught his attention. He turned to the direction it was coming from.
 
“Wah! Miyu! W-What are you doing here?” Kanata backed up to the wall.
 
“Well, I couldn't remember where my room was, so I decided to follow you here.” She smiled at his pale face.
 
“You slept here… with me? In your…” Kanata's nose almost bled. “UNDERWEAR!!!!”
 
Kanata fainted.
 
“Mr. Saionji! Mr. Saionji! Please wake up!”
 
“Huh? What?” Kanata blinked into reality. He saw Miyu shaking him.
 
“Miyu! You're ok!” He smiled and was about to hug her. He wished that everything were just a dream… because he dreamed that he and Miyu would grow far away from each other, as time would pass.
 
“Yes, I am fine. Umm… where's the bathroom? I really need to go…” She stood up and started to jump awkwardly. Kanata remembered how he saw her go to the bathroom last night.
 
“But I thought that you went…”Kanata slowed down and looked at her sorry state. He sighed and said, “Come on, Miyu.” Kanata held her hand. The moment it did, Miyu felt a strange, contented feeling, almost nostalgic. Of course, Kanata was accustomed to them holding hands, and he was used to the warmth and softness of it. They went out into the hallway, and, a few steps later, they were standing at the door to the toilet. Kanata looked at Miyu, and she took it as a sign that they were there.
 
“Thanks.” She smiled and continued to walk in, leaving him there. Her grip on his hand tightened, however, because she was not ready to give it up just yet. Only at the last minute, when the degree of the two arms changed from a kind of `V' shape to almost an obtuse angle. Then she let go, letting her arm swing freely, and finally settling down at her side. She then closed the door. Kanata looked at his hand oddly, thinking about something, but shrugging it off. He then went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Miyu shook her wet hands as she left the toilet. She smelled something good in the air, and tried to follow it. But then she realized that she was wearing only her undergarments. She tried to look for something to wear, and then, after some sneaking around, she found her room.
 
“So, this is my room?” Miyu smiled slightly. “Time to find something to wear… aha!” She found a white, long sleeved polo shirt. Now she has to find a skirt to match. While rummaging around, she found something interesting.
 
“And what's this?” She brought out an old notebook with her name penned down on the cover. Subconsciously, she went out to the kitchen and sat in one of the chairs, still glued to the notebook.
 
“Hey, Miyu. What'cha got there?” Kanata placed the food on the table and approached Miyu.
 
“It's… my diary.”
 
Kanata was speechless. He didn't know whether to get it and hide it, or to let her keep reading it.
 
“H-How…?” Kanata forced the word out, his face contorting into weird expressions.
 
“I found it the closet of my room.” She kept on reading and paused on a more recent entry. Then she started to read out loud.
 
Today, Kanata was depressed because it was raining and we couldn't hang the laundry out to dry. He was worried because he needed something to wear tomorrow for his meeting to see if he got the scholarship to a big university. I saw him looking out into the distance. I thought that I could try cheering him up. As I approached him, I observed as his face turned my direction and slowly, he smiled at me. He stood up and I…”
 
Miyu looked at Kanata. “Excuse me.” She stood up and… “wrapped my arms around his neck.”
 
At the same time, she did it to him in reality. Kanata didn't know what made her do this, but maybe she wanted to see if she could remember anything recently that happened recently. So he decided to play along. “I smiled as he smiled back. I looked at his face very carefully. Sometimes I think that he has features that are too perfect to be human. I leaned in for a kiss but he caught mine instead. We played there for a while, but then we realized that the sun came out. We both looked at each other and smiled as we hesitantly left each other's arms. I remember his strong and comforting voice…”
 
“Be careful, Miyu!”
“Be careful, Miyu!”
 
They both said at the same time. Miyu lifted her eyes and met his gaze briefly, then continued to read.
 
“He said as I fell off the small steps and onto the waiting ground below.” Miyu said as she closed the book.
 
Kanata chuckled. “I caught you, you know.”