Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Smile for Me ❯ Lie. It's easy. ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter Four: We're Married
Me no own Daa! Daa! Daa!… not me, ha? Mika Kawamura and others do.
 
“Oh, SHIT! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!!” Kanata screamed as he saw the clock. It's already 7:45am and they have to be there 8 o'clock.
 
“Where are we going?” Miyu asked Kanata.
 
“School. Now.” Kanata told her without looking at her. “And for heaven's sake, wear a skirt or something!” Kanata almost dropped the glass he was holding when he did look at Miyu. She looked down and saw nothing but her panty, bra and the polo shirt she has on. She blushed and sped to her room.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
The two of them are now on the street, walking to school like always.
 
“Oh before I forget, here.” Kanata got a notebook from his backpack and gave it to Miyu.
 
“What's this?” She flipped through the pages quickly and noticed that it was full of words, numbers and symbols.
 
“It's a mini review notebook I made. It is all the topics we studied. I summarized it all for you. It took all night and 12 cups of coffee.” Kanata rubbed his eyes and smirked at Miyu.
 
“Thanks, Mr. Saionji.” She smiled but Kanata frowned.
 
“Mr. Saionji? No, no. Call me Kanata.”
 
“Ok, Ka-na-ta. What did I call you before?” Miyu asked.
 
“Idiot, stupid, irresponsible, pumpkin king…” She smirked. “Honey, dear, dearie… just about anything you could think of.”
 
“I really called you that? I mean, the pumpkin king one.” She laughed in disbelief.
 
“Yeah, when your drunk!” Kanata ran when he saw the school gate. Miyu followed after him. She saw the people she met while at the hospital talking to Kanata.
 
“Hi!” She ran to them. She was surprised when they ran to her too.
 
“Miyu! Miyu! Are you ok?” They all asked.
 
“Yes, I am.” Miyu said, smiling. She heard a collective sigh of relief from them.
 
“Do you remember anything?” Nanami asked, really anxious.
 
“No, not really.” Miyu shook her head. They looked at each other.
 
“Thanks, Miyu. That's all we wanted to know.” They sulked. Then Kanata approached them.
 
“Don't tell anyone about this. We have trouble keeping up as it is. Anyway, RUN!!!” Kanata and the others ran to the gate. He looked back and he saw, who else, Miyu, not knowing what to do. He sighed quickly and ran back. The gate was closing! He had no choice but to carry her. He scooped her up and she squealed. He ran to the gate, just in the nick of time.
 
Classroom…
 
Miyu couldn't help but think about her forgotten life here. She stared blankly at the window, wondering why this could happen to her, when she and Kanata already have a relationship. She turned her head forward and jumped when she saw Ms. Mizuno watching her from the edge of Miyu's desk.
 
“Ahh… umm…” Miyu didn't know her name. They haven't told her yet.
 
“Miyu. Is something the matter? You don't seem to be interested in what I am trying to teach you.” Ms. Mizuno narrowed her eyes and scanned Miyu's face.
 
“No, um, I am listening.” She faked a smile.
 
“Ok, then. Let's see…” Ms. Mizuno strolled towards her desk and used her finger to scan a book. “Answer the questions from page 56 to 60 of your book.”
 
She felt her guts twist and her throat tighten. She doesn't know anything. She forgot to read the notebook that Kanata gave her. Miyu got her book slowly and found the pages. She looked at Kanata scribbling something on a piece of paper. Ms. Mizuno approached her, holding a pen. Fortunately, Kanata put up the paper and all the answers of the questions that Ms. Mizuno asked her to work out. Miyu understood his gesture, and read what was on the paper.
 
“Yes…” Miyu mumbled.
 
“Excuse me?” Ms. Mizuno asked, suspicious.
 
“Oh, it's nothing. Ok.” She propped her head on one hand and pretended to look at her book. Her eyes quickly wandered to Kanata, who was desperate to save her.
 
“The answers are,” Miyu took a deep breath. “ 5y, x is 234.10, 16.534, x3, 6482718773016635.”
 
Everyone's jaw dropped, except Kanata, who was sighing.
 
“So, Miyu. You have been studying.” Ms. Mizuno smiled and turned back, glancing at Kanata.
 
“Kanata…” Ms. Mizuno stared at him.
 
“And Miyu.” Then she looked at her. “I want to see both of you after classes.”
 
“But, Ms. Mizuno!” Aya stood up, followed by Nanami, Santa, Christine and Nozomu. “They didn't do anything wrong!”
 
The gang all nodded at the same time but jumped when Ms. Mizuno slammed her hands on her desk.
 
“Class, I did not go to Europe, train there for 3 years, and learn how to be a detective for nothing!” Ms. Mizuno punched the sky. The class all had a sweat drop at the back of their heads. “I always know when something's wrong!”
 
“Look!” She pointed at Miyu. “She has been staring out the window for-ever!” Miyu looked at her teacher. “And, Kanata! You sighed while everybody was in shock!” Kanata looked at Ms. Mizuno, too. “Yes, it's all coming together now…” Everybody waited for her answer.
 
“Miyu and Kanata are now…” Ms. Mizuno raised her right leg triumphantly and placed it on the edge of her chair. The rest of the class held their breath.
 
“They are now… MARRIED!” Ms. Mizuno received applause from her students, but Kanata didn't know what to do. They stopped though, suddenly realizing what she had said.
 
“Married?” said one of the students.
 
“But their just 18!” said another.
 
“I know, but those are obvious signs of marriage depression. I'm almost positive!” Ms. Mizuno explained her deduction. They looked at Miyu, then Kanata, then both.
 
“We're…” Miyu tried to say something but it couldn't come out.
 
“Happy!” Kanata exploded suddenly as he held her hands. “We're very happy!”
 
Miyu decided to play along. “Y-Yes, ahh… that's good, be-because that would save us the strain of telling you all!”
 
“B-But we are not m-married, uuhhh… yet.” Kanata added, and everyone suddenly got dreamy-eyed.
 
“Yet…” Ms. Mizuno said, getting goey.
 
“When is the wedding?” One of their classmates asked.
 
“We don't know yet…” They replied, both faking a smile.
 
“Why would you agree to her?” Miyu whispered into Kanata's ear then smiling at their classmates.
 
“Could you think of anything better?” He smiled at them, too. Then he pulled her out of the crowd and ran to the hallway.