Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ Characters ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Special thanks to all the judges and all those who submitted their fics.

Special thanks to all those who assisted in the creation of this contest.

No thanks to those who didn't submit. You are bad people. Shame on you!

Special thanks to NBC for letting us use one of their many thousands of theaters for this award ceremony.

Special thanks to the French for surrendering all TV/movie rights. Suckas.

-----------

"Truly the things that make any Fanfiction good are the Characters. Without Characters, Fanfiction would merely be term papers designed for colleges. The majority of you who sit at the Mediaminer.org table can agree with me when I say term papers suck big time." PsyWeedle said into the mic.

The Mediaminer.org table exploded into applause, even for those who didn't go to college.

"And so, that is why tonight our first category honors those people who don't exist in real life, but fangirls will always pine for them." Digi-Chan said.

A group of fangirls in the back exploded into cheering as they held up signs featuring various bishounen. Wufei, from the Gundam Wing table, growled and was about to take out his pistol to shoot the girls, was stopped by Kaji from the Evangelion table, who was quite enjoying some of the fangirls who were flashing the guys down in the main area.

"Erm... yeah... Anywho, we present to you the judge of the Characters Category: Professor Kashi!" PsyWeedle announced.

Once again, massive amounts of applause from the MM.org table. PsyWeedle and Digi-Chan left the podium as Professor Kashi went on stage and pulled out a pair of glasses. Music played in the background, and for some reason, it was Billy Joel's song, "Summer, Highland Falls." Kashi stood at the podium and looked at the crowd.

"As a character myself, I feel it is necessary to point out that this very contest is written in Fanfiction form. Therefore, anything I say or do or have happened to me is not real because PsyWeedle just pulled it all out of his ass. Anyway, let's begin with the nominations for Best Character! And the nominees are..."

The gigantic video screen came down, and each time Kashi spoke, another nomination came up.

"For Best male character: Gabriel Umbra from "Alex Night: Vampire Hunter Extrodinaire" by Elf. Duo Maxwell from "A Shade Darker" by Elf. Persian Ice from "Moon Dreams" by Tenoko. Reuisu from "Sailor Moon Neo T", by PsyWeedle. Meir Link from "Moth to Flame" by Lady Ravenshadow. And the winner is... Persian Ice from Moon Dreams! Unfortunately, since Persian Ice can't be here, we'll just show the clip and give the award to him later."

*CLIP*

"Doctor is planning on overthrowing the ESUN government, using his fleet of mobile dolls, he will enslave the earth and colonies."

"And how do you know that?"

"Look it's a *long* story, and-"

"We have time. So get comfortable and start talking." Milliardo snapped stepping forward. Persian Ice, looked at him; let out a sigh of frustration and defeat, before sitting on the control panel of the mobile doll production line,

"I was raised to think that I was the son of a rich family, come to find out I'm not. I was also raised to think that the Peacecrafts had enslaved the people of the earth and colonies, killing the first Heero Yuy, and my family, but again, come to find out that isn't true... because I wasn't raised. I'm a test tube creation, not a human because a human is born with its own personality, characteristics, etc., but *I* was not, I was born to play the role in a sick man's game, my memory, personality, even my physical features are not my own, but programmed into me. I am only six months old, I have no family, my memory is a twisted version of the past, the life of the Peacecrafts', and what happened to them by the Alliance, except in my memories, the Alliance is the Peacecraft family. I was told that Doctor was creating a plan to take back what had belonged to my family, that we had ruled the government, and that we had signed a treaty with the Peacecrafts before the assignation of the original Heero Yuy. The treaty was also that of a betrothal, for Princess to marry me... but as I said, I know now that that isn't true. And I know that the reason I care about Relena the way I do... the feelings aren't really mine, just copied from Heero, and put into me. My character or personality, is nothing more than a bunch a characters from books. As I said before, I am completely programmed, my mind anyways. Doctor planned on killing Princess, but then thought he could use her, to distract me, while he took over the world, enslaved the people, etc."

"Why would he do all of that?"

"Princess is a woman. He believes that only a man should be in a place of power."

"So if you are a copy of someone, then you are you copied from?"

"Your very own Perfect Soldier. With a few differences, I look older, hair color, eyes, and even things in my memory or the way I react to things are the way *he* would react."

"Example?"

"Jealousy. I'm jealous whenever anyone is near Relena, like now I'm mad about him being next to her, along with the others being next to her. And most likely, he's jealous that she is talking to me, or whenever she was near me. But also, to gain my feelings for Relena, Doctor had to copy parts of Heero's memory, but to get something, he would have to get something that could completely mess up his plans, so he planted a microchip to keep me from remembering the truth, but since Heero is so strong willed, certain things can trigger my will to remember, but the microchip won't let me remember, causing me to get a headache..."

I watched him, completely surprised at what he was saying, now I understood why at times he reminded me of Heero.

*END CLIP*

"And now, for best female character: Forest from "Alex Night: Vampire Hunter, Extraordinaire" by Elf, Kira from "The Kindling" by Lady Pesh, San Maxwell from "White Eternity" by Merialiss, Rei (Sailor Mars) from "Absence" by Kirika. And the winner is... Kira from "The Kindling" by Lady Pesh!"

*CLIP*


"You're an outsider. You must defeat Prince Vegeta's three strongest Saiyan suitors for his subjects to accept you. Don't worry, for your efforts you'll be given a first class soldier's burial."


"I doubt that, especially if you two will be competing."


It took the brutes a couple moments to get what she was saying. When it dawned on Radditz, he halted their procession and jabbed a furious finger in Kira's face, "I'm going to spend tonight dancing on your grave, bitch."


"Be careful. I'll remember this when I take my place by Vegeta's throne."


Radditz fought the temptation to backhand his arrogant charge and turned on his heel to continue their trek to the arena. They soon arrived at the huge double doors leading into the ship's combat arena. The Saiyans pulled the doors open and Radditz shoved Kira into the ring, "Get in there!"


Vegeta raised an eyebrow at Radditz's behavior as he watched the scene from his stance next to Frieza's throne. The soldier would be viciously reprimanded for touching his bride.


Kira's Saiyan competitors glowered at the marks of the prince's favor covering her body. She quickly sized up the other suitors standing at the cardinal points of the arena. Two of them were very masculine and battle-hardened in appearance. They were obviously selected for their strength. The third, however, was quite lovely with her wavy jet-black locks dangling from her ponytail. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that it was Asha. "She must be his second choice," she thought as she noticed the three black stripes smeared across her cheek, but she lacked the rest of the markings that Kira bore.


"The rules are simple, ladies. No projectile ki blasts. Other than that, anything goes. The last one living will bond with Prince Vegeta," Nappa announced to the contenders for the crowd of elite soldiers to hear, "Ready? Fight!"


All three Saiyans rushed at Kira. With incredible speed, she clotheslined one of the rougher looking suitors before turning and driving her elbow deep into the belly of the other. As the first two lay gasping for air, Kira squared off with Asha. The pair matched each other blow for blow. Kira stepped back and lifted her arms to block an incoming punch when she suddenly had her arms pinned to her sides with a solid bear hug from behind. Kira stayed calm as she felt herself lifted from the ground and caught the punch across her jaw. She quickly shook the stars from her eyes and sent Asha flying with a ki-enforced kick under her chin. Kira then turned her attention to the attacker clamped onto her frame from behind. "Anything goes," she pointed out before a pair of three foot machete-shaped blades ejected from between her shoulders. She could clearly hear the sickening gurgle of blood in the Saiyan's lungs before the blades fanned out to form a butterfly wing-shaped arrangement of the lethal weapons. As quickly as they appeared, Kira retracted her deadly appendages, and the warrior's mangled carcass slumped to the ground.

*END CLIP*

Oblivious to the cameras focusing on her, Kira quickly retrieves her hand from Vegeta's knee when her name echoes through the auditorium. With a crimson flush instantly rising to stain her cheeks, the Kaern jumps to her feet and accepts the traditional congratulatory embraces from her costars and writer before approaching the steps leading to the podium.

In her rush to receive her award and end the inevitably awkward acceptance speech, she settles her toe on the edge of the first step. Sadly, one toe isn't enough to maintain a solid foundation under her massive weight, and the poor Kaern falls face first against the stairs. A rush of gasps sucks the breath from the audience, as the woman lies motionless against the jagged surface.

Several members of the tech crew scramble to her aid, but Kira manages to pry her face from a crumbled step. "I'm okay!" she shouts while raising a hand to ward away any help. Carefully, she pulls herself to a standing position, dusts away the remnants of the stairs from her green satin dress, brushes her blonde locks from her teal eyes, and smears away the blood dribbling from her nose against the back of her hand. When the first aid kits are withdrawn, Kira successfully scales the stairs and snatches the award from {insert presenter's name}.

A loud sniff resonates through the theater, as she pinches the bridge of her nose and tilts her head back, inadvertently providing a lovely view of her gored sinuses for the cameras. Grimacing at the nasal condition of her voice, Kira quickly speaks. "I want to think my writer, my costars, and my beta readers. Thank you." Without waiting for any hint of applause, the Kaern makes her dazed escape from the stage to heal her wounds and reassemble her now disheveled appearance.

Kashi blinks and shrugs, continuing. "For Best Hero: Alex Night from "Alex Night: Vampiter Hunter Extrodinaire" by Elf, Duo Maxwell from "A Shade Darker" by Elf, Persian Ice from "Moon Dreams" by Tenoko, Reuisu from "Sailor Moon Neo T", by PsyWeedle, Rei (Sailor Mars) from "Absence" by Kirika. And winner is... Reuisu from Sailor Moon Neo T!"

Reuisu grinned, moving a hand through his silver hair as he embraced all of the other Sailor Titans and walked up on stage, accepting the award. A clip then played of why he won the award.

*CLIP*

Reuisu: But we need her! We need her back!

Michael: We're sorry. There's nothing we can do.

Michael and God began to walk back towards the gate.

Miya: Well, Reuisu, we tried.

Miya put his hand on Reuisu's shoulder to comfort him. However, he walked out of the hand, his teeth gritting and his face a look of disdain on it.

Reuisu: Don't turn your back on me!

Reuisu began running over to God.

Reuisu: Don't you even try to WALK AWAY FROM ME!

Reuisu grabbed onto God's shoulder and turned him around, much to the surprise of everyone there.

Reuisu: Just who the hell do you think you are?!?!

Everyone gaped at Reuisu and what he had just done. Even Tyrael seemed shocked by Reuisu's behavior.

Reuisu: Oh wait, I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe, but I don't buy it! For over a thousand years, you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic! Well, it's about time you started pulling your own weight around here!

Michael: Tread lightly, mortal-

Reuisu: Sod off, Michael!

*END CLIP*

Reuisu turned around, smiling as he looked at the audience. He pointed at the video screen that had a frozen image of him yelling and pointing at God.

"You see that?" he asked. "I'm the guy that told off God! There's a lot more to that speech, and we probably should show it, but I'll live. I've lived a very troubled life. My father died when I was younger in a car crash, and my mother was burned to death by a bunch of freaks back in London. Now I am a Sailor Titan, and I will continue to fight the good fight as, above all else, a hero. Thank you."

Kashi retook the podium. "And now, Best Sidekick: Chris Syke from "Alex Night: Vampire Hunter Extrodinaire" by Elf, Heero Yuy from "A Shade Darker" by Elf, Clem, Dipsy and Kenny from "Lem's Life: Night Shift Party People" by IainB. And the winner is... Clem, Dipsy, and Kenny from `Lem's Life: Night Shift Party People!'"

Everyone waited for a video clip to come up, however, the only thing that came up was "Technical difficulties: Please wait."

"YES!" screamed Clem, Kenny and Dipsy together jumping up from their seats and hugging each other. They quickly hug Lem who is also sitting at their table. Full of excitement, the three winners run to the stage.

"WHOO!" screamed Clem jumping on the stage and collecting the award. Kenny and Dipsy quickly jumped up onto the stage. Clem stepped forward to the microphone. "I just want to say, DAMN! I can't believe this! Wait, we can't believe this."

"Hmm hmp!" cried Kenny clapping his hands together.

"Ladies and Gentlmen, I won't speak for long," Clem added adjusting his glasses. "I just want to thank the judge Professor Kaishi, I want to send congrats to all the other nominees, we feel you were also deserving of this award." Clem pauses for a second.

"And apart from the author IainB, we want to thank Lem T. Lemming for this award as well. I don't know what could have happen if he didn't ask us to take part in Lem's Life, but we do know what happens if we take part. That's all from me ladies and gentlemen, enjoy the rest of the evening." Clem turns to Dipsy and Kenny who step forward.

"Dipsy want to give all of you hugs," Dipsy squeaked.

"Wm lomf amm u pemples." ( We love all you guys) Kenny added.

"We gotta go now, we can't let us this get to our heads. We starting work on the next Lem's Life in the New Year."

"Thank you!" Clem, Kenny and Dipsy added together finishing off their speech taking their award with them back down. "All the booze will be on us for the first five mintues of the after awards party!" Clem screams as he gets off the stage.

Kashi once again took the podium. "And now, best Villain: Lilith from "A Shade Darker" by Elf, Renegade from "Man Hunter" by IainB, Persian Ice from "Moon Dreams" by Tenoko, Ranswolve from "Truce Between Two Worlds" by TorrentsTrust, Duo Maxwell/Shinigami-side from "Kitsunetsuki:Shuurajou" by Duo no Tsuin. And the winner is... Lilith from "A Shade Darker" by Elf! Unfortunately, Lilith can't be here to accept the award, so here's just a clip!"

Unlike the last time, the clip ran perfectly fine.

*CLIP*

Zechs crept around the corner. The vampire's reddish blond hair glinted the light from the
laptop sitting on a stone vault. The person on the screen was a beautiful young woman, just a little older than Relena. At least, physically. Her long, black hair was so dark that it shone with blue highlights and her skin was the color of fine cream. Even at this distance, Zechs watched her eyes change from blue, to brown, to green, to gold. A catty smile formed on her lips when she noticed Zechs.

The vampire spun around, his eyes turning crimson and his fangs legnthing. His fingernails grew to razor claws as he reached for Zechs. Zechs simply held his sword and swung. The vampire's head rolled off his shoulders, and he exploded into ash. He simply walked over to the computer screen and looked at the grinning vampire on the line.

He said, "Hello, Lilith."

Lilith laughed and tossed her raven hair. She replied, "Hello Sweet Prince. How are you,
Milliardo?"

"Fine, and you?" Zechs replied icily.
She laughed her touchable, rich laugh of hers. She answered, "I'm excellent. Thank you for answering. So, I guess you are on the hunt now. I'm glad that you've seen your path now."

Bitch. Someday, someone will kill you, Lilith, Zechs thought as he grinned at her. He replied, "Yes, I've chosen my path and know who I am now. At least, where I stand."

"You don't belong in the human world, Sweet Prince, but you reject this one," Lilith said with false sadness and regret. She slowly shook her head, as if she was chiding Zechs.

"I don't kill innocent people," Zechs snapped at her.

Lilith laughed and replied, "Then why did you try to destroy the world?"

Because I was trying to rid it of evil like you. I saw no other choice. At the time, Zechs thought to himself, but said nothing. Lilith's laugh was rich, like thick chocolate, dark, rich and sinful. It was a laugh meant for the bedroom.

Lilith told him, "Well, I think I may have a weapon against you."

"What do you mean?" Zechs asked suddenly. Was she after Relena and Noin? Did she kill Minerva? Minerva was old and powerful, but no where near Lilith's level. Lilith was the First, the Dark Mother, the Queen of Darkness, something beyond most vampires. She was Adam's first wife who set off to breed with demons after she had tired of being controlled. She didn't breed with demons though, she became the first vampire after a blood transfusion. At least, that's what the story said. But, Zechs knew that one thing was true, she was the first vampire.

*END CLIP*

"And now, Most Original Character: Reuisu from "Sailor Moon Neo T", by PsyWeedle, Forest from "Alex Night: Vampiter Hunter Extrodinaire by Elf, Kira from "The Kindling" by Lady Pesh, San Maxwell from "White Eternity" by Merialiss, Decoy from Man Hunter by IainB, Sensei from a series called "A Teahcer's POV" by Time Lady, Lizzie Campbell from "Bath Time" by Houou, Toshitada from "Truce Between Two Worlds" by TorrentsTrust. And the winner is... Sensei from Time Lady's `A Teacher's POV!"

*CLIP*

"Whoa!" exclaimed Takeru, who moved out of the way just in time. He
walked into the room. "Ready Hikari?"

"Mmm hmm," she said with a gentle smile. I knew that look on her face.
I've seen it before on many students. I knew this time was different
though. The two of them had known each other for years from what I
understood.

Returning the smile, Takeru came in and picked up his backpack and box
of cards.

"Good bye sensei," they said.

"Have a good break," I said. They closed the door behind them.

After another five minutes, I finally had my act together. I slung my
carry-all over my shoulder and shut the lights. The halls were
thankfully quiet. No student wanted to stay late today. Which is why I
was totally surprised when I turned the corner. Hikari and Takeru
hadn't quite made it out of school. They stood in front of their
lockers, cleaning up the avalanche that came out of Takeru's locker.
Neither saw me. As he stuffed things back in, his card box tipped
over.

"Mistletoe?" asked Hikari in a amused tone as Takeru's face turned
about 2 shades redder. She picked up the wilted looking plant.

"Ummm. . . . yeah. . . ." replied Takeru in an embarrassed tone. He
scratched the back of his head. "Akemi must have thought it would be
funny. . . . what are you doing?"

I couldn't help chuckling to myself as Hikari held the mistletoe over
Takeru's head. "What do you think you're supposed to do with
mistletoe?" She leaned forward and kissed him right on the lips. They
didn't even notice as I walked past.

Well, those two will certainly have a Happy Holiday...

*END CLIP*

From the Sensei's POV: "I never expected to appear in another story past the first 'A Teacher's POV.' Fans demanded I return for more. It's nice to know that, after reading about me, some people out there started to think a bit differently about their own teachers. This award really means a lot to me and my creator, who is also a teacher. Thanks."

PsyWeedle ran up on stage, his tuxedo all but in ruins.

"Erm, sorry, folks! I took the opportunity while Kashi was presenting to go in back with the Fangirls. Anywho, next up is the One-Shots part of the awards! Don't miss it!" he announced.

Meanwhile...

"We should strike now, while we have the chance!"

"No, my friend! We shall wait for the first intermission. Then the REAL fun can begin. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"