Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ One-Shots ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Special thanks to all the judges and all those who submitted their fics.

Special thanks to all those who assisted in the creation of this contest.

No thanks to those who didn't submit. You are bad people. Shame on you!

Special thanks to NBC for letting us use one of their many thousands of theaters for this award ceremony.

Special thanks to Jhonen Vasquez for inventing Invader Zim. DOOM!

-----------

"One of the most beloved Fanfiction categories for Mediaminer.org is the One-Shots. One-Shots are the stories that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, because they're not something long and drawn out that you have to worry about. You write `em, you're done with, you get, paid, you go home, you watch David Letterman." PsyWeedle said.

"And so, in this category, we honor those who had written the fics that you read once and never think about again, the One-shots! And now, for the announcer of this happy section, Alecto!" Digi-Chan shouted into the mic.

The audience clapped heavily and waited for Alecto to come out. They waited a bit longer, but she was still nowhere to be seen.

"Um... Alecto? That was your cue to come out!" PsyWeedle said into the mic.

A trap door on the stage opened up, and Alecto crawled out of it, wearing a trench coat similarly worn by that of Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh. She gasped and wheezed as she went up to the mic.

"Sorry about that, guys! The trap door wouldn't open! Anywho... Why am I here again? Oh yeah!" she smiled.

Alecto stopped smiling and cast her head down. She then spoke into the mic once more:

"Aibou... Mou hitori no boku... When I look into the mirror, I see myself in a whole new light... Aibou... Mou hitori no boku..."

Everyone in the audience stared at her, totally confused. Digi-Chan leaned in and whispered into her ear. Alecto blinked and raised her head back up.

"Er... And by that, I mean it's time to announce the winners of the One-Shot contest!"

(NOTE: I know originally I was going to post the excerpts for all the nominees, but honestly, guys, I want to finish this series before Christmas. So I'm only doing winners. I'm sorry to all of those who I asked for all excerpts from!)

"For Best One-Shot: Remembrance by Th'Lady Shadow, May the Spirits Keep you Safe by Ember, Black Death by Elf, Captured by Elf, A Father's Rage by Elf, "I'm Not Done Yet, Freeza!" by Elf, Bath Time by Houou, In His Shadow by Time Lady, Hunt the Night by Time Lady, Kitsunetsuki: Shuurajou by Duo no Tsuin. And the winner is... Kitsunetsuki: Shuurajou by Duo No Tsuin! Unfortunately, Duo could not be here to accept the award, so here's an excerpt from the fic."

*CLIP*

Formerly cascading tears of newly melted ice transformed into streaming rivers of regret. "Heero . . . " Duo cradled the lifeless body fiercely to his own as his legs gave way beneath him. "I forgive you. I'll never forget, Heero . . . I love you, too . . . always . . . and forever." Burying his face in the unruly hair, his body raked with uncontrollable sobs. The sound echoed throughout the commons and the hearts of all.

The sound continued for mere moments, but the moments grew eternal as the sound deepened, coarsened, and gloated. The metamorphose was complete, hungered emotion was now able to roam free. Dark laughter filled the room.

Eyes lit in lifeless amusement with lip curled, Duo's body reared its head. "It's funny . . . " the new dominion reflected, ". . . they always choose the histrionic way to go." Standing once more, he held the inert boy inquisitively before him as he sighed incredulously. "Such a shame . . . he really had the potential to make a marvelously bloody corpse. Yes, I . . . I prefer a less benign end."

Heaving the remains with all his unearthly might, the glass fragmented. Placing one black booted foot before the other, the lean form clothed in black sauntered to the ledge and looked down. Eyes filled with a childlike awe, the new Shinigami smiled. As the chill night air danced about him, he spoke one more time. "Ah, a much more befitting end indeed."

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

This night was not the first time. Nor would it be the last. Someone had broken his heart long ago . . . and would eternally pay the price. Possession was the key. Such as love for another had possessed his heart, so now his spirit possessed Duo's body, hoping for a second chance. Love may never die . . . but, then again, neither does the pain of a betrayed heart.

*END CLIP*

"For Best One-Shot Author: Elf, Ember, and Time Lady. Geez, that was short... Anyway, the winner is... Elf for A Father's Rage, Black Death, A Father's Rage, "I'm Not Done Yet, Freeza!", and Dead End Walt!"

*CLIP*

Bulma backed away, holding Trunks protectively. She wasn't about to let him hurt Trunks. No way, no how. She snapped, "Get out of here, you freak."

"Do you have any idea who I am, young lady?" Freeza asked her.

She cradled Trunks' warm body next to hers. She answered, her head held high, "Yeah, some freak with too much make-up on."

"WHAT?" Freeza exclaimed as he looked at them.

Bulma grinned in a way she knew pissed off Vegeta and would probably piss off Freeza as well. She went on, "Yeah, some fag who wears too much make-up and likes other men. Well, buddy, Vegeta's mine."

Freeza sputtered, "You, you, you, dirty Earth woman!"

"Oh, that's really creative," Bulma snapped at him. She went on, "You know, maybe you should just leave, because when Goku finds out you're here, he's gonna kick your pasty ass!"

*END CLIP*

Elf was giddy now. This was an award she wasn't expecting. She was giddy enough that she had even told Kaiba to come up with Trunks, Vegeta, and Duo. Even though Kaiba wasn't going to say anything, not that he wanted to, Elf just wanted to have all four of her Muses up with her.

She was giggling as she took the microphone in her hands again. She waved to both Nate Grey and Alecto, who was the judge for this category. Alecto waved at Kaiba and D waved at Duo. Duo winked at her before taking his place beside Elf.

She said, "Wow, first off, I wasn't expecting to win anything on this category. I mean, I'm not known for One-Shots. I'm more of an epic writer."

"Isn't she cute when she's modest?" Duo leaned over to chirp in the mike.

The crowd laughed again and Elf hugged Trunks. Elf giggled, "Still, really, I didn't expect to win anything with the One-Shots. I mean, most of my One-Shots are character pieces, a view into a character's actions or thoughts."

"Which is why so many of them are based on Dad and me," Trunks said, stepping up to the mike. Vegeta was scowling, his arms crossed over his brawny chest. The Prince snorted and tilted his head away. However, Trunks had everyone's attention because he was Trunks and he had mentioned the magic words, "Dad and me." Even Kaiba looked mildly interested.

Trunks continued, "Elf was always fascinated by Dad and my relationship in the series. She found herself writing these little fics involving our thoughts and feelings for each other, like when Cell killed me and Dad's reaction at that. She always thought these fics were compulsive, but we Muses knew better, didn't we?"

"Damn right," Duo crowed, pumping his fist into the air. Kaiba snorted in disgust and glared.

Vegeta smirked proudly and answered, "Of course. I had a hand in it."

Elf blushed and took the mike back from Trunks. Trunks gave her a fond smile and said, "Now, I believe our Writer has some things that she'd like to say."

Elf was blushing as she said, "This is a great honor for me. Having the Best Story is one thing, but being the Best Writer, in my mind, is something else entirely. Something better, something that pleases me to no end that I was chosen for this honor."

"Yeah, yeah, get on with it," Duo snorted, rolling his eyes.

Elf glared at her Head Muse as she continued, "Being the Best Author means that your stories are constantly good. Every story may not be the 'Best', but they're constantly good, always enjoyable and readable, and that means more to me than having the Best story."

Vegeta said, "And it means that you're the Best, not that you were lucky once. Elf is a force to contend with."

Elf rolled her eyes as she hugged Trunks then Duo. She said, "Now, I'd like to thank all the people that read my fics. Without you I wouldn't write fan fiction. I'd stick with and be miserable with only my novel. I'd also like to thank Alecto who chose me: wanna borrow Kaiba for a while?"

The crowd laughed and Kaiba glared at Elf. He leaned over and whispered, "What are you talking about?"

Elf smirked and continued, "And to Vegeta and Trunks, whom most of these One-Shots are about, and to Duo because he'll pout if I don't. And, always, to Nate Grey, who should be up here with me, sharing the gold thing with me."

Elf looked over to see Kaiba meet Yugi's (Gamer) eyes and mouth, "I want a rematch, Yugi."

Elf rolled her eyes and said, "Now, for one last thing, for all of you Yu-Gi-Oh! fans. If you want to read the best Dark Fic ever written I suggest Animom's KP Duty. I could go into detail into why this fic is so great, but I think there are other awards to be given and I'm not being witty right now."

Elf started to walk off the stage. She chuckled to herself as she ran back to the mike. She grinned evilly as she looked back at the crowd.

She stated, "And to you other writers out there, don't give up. Keep writing. Dethrone me, I dare you, and thank you all again!"

As they walked off stage, Kaiba hissed, "What do you mean 'borrow Kaiba for a while'?"

"Just don't worry about it, Seto," Elf chuckled as she patted his arm.

Duo only chuckled.

"Best Original One-Shot: Dead End Walt by Elf, You Want Me to Do What? by Time Lady. And the winner is... Dead End Walt by Elf! Well, that's two awards to the gal and she's not here. Well, here's a clip from the fic."

*CLIP*

Under the water, she could hear them talk about her, this stranger. She shifted in the copper tub but did not emerge. After all, she didn't breathe and hadn't breathed for almost a thousand years. Yet, Forest did not have the feeling of being ancient that plagued her kind when they got to be her age.

She raised her head out of the water and forced her lungs to take a deep breath of air. The women smiled at her, relaxed and went on about gathering towels, washing her clothing, and bringing her fresh clothing. She laid back into the copper tub and propped her legs on the side. She sighed in contentment as the water lapped over her.

She'd been riding at breakneck speed since dark so she could get here before nine. It was hard to travel when you're a vampire, she reasoned as she inspected her milky pale skin. She watched as the women scurried away, thanking her and the like. She waited for a moment and stepped out of the water when they were gone.

*END CLIP*

"And that's it for me! Bye folks! Heya, Seto!" Alecto shouted, waving to Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh in the audience.

Seto rolled his eyes and slouched in his chair. PsyWeedle retook the podium.

"Stick around, folks! We've got Series coming up next!" PsyWeedle announced.