Digimon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ Sci-Fi ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Special thanks to all the judges and all those who submitted their fics.

Special thanks to all those who assisted in the creation of this contest.

No thanks to those who didn't submit. You are bad people. Shame on you!

Special thanks to NBC for letting us use one of their many thousands of theaters for this award ceremony.

Special thanks to the people who wrote the instrumental pieces in Evangelion and Sailor Moon. Kickin'.

-----------

"Horny freaks, nerds, and geeks. Those are the things we think of when the word `Sci-fi' is spoken. Unless you're a science-fiction fan like myself, in which case, the two words, `Kick ass' come to mind. Whether it be Star Trek, Star Wars, Red Dwarf, or Doctor Who, science-fiction has had a profound effect on our society today." PsyWeedle stated.

"And so, this next section honors those of us who like aliens, government conspiracies, or big-ass mecha that like to smash things." Digi-Chan said.

Before Digi-Chan could announce the judge, PsyWeedle quickly took the podium.

"I would also just like to finally clear up the debate that's been going on for years: Evangelions would whoop the asses of the Gundams Wing boys should a fight ever occur between them." He stated.

"Highly unlikely." Heero said from his seat.

Asuka Langley, from the Evangelion table, quickly stood up. "Oh yeah, wonder boy?! You want to put your money where your mouth is?!"

"I don't waste my time with amateurs. I blow them up." Heero stated.

"AMATEUR?!" Asuka screamed, and it was taking all of the Dragon Ball Z and Slayers gangs to keep Asuka from running over to Heero and ripping his face off.

See, the advantage in this situation is that I've actually seen both Evangelion and Gundam Wing, so normally I would be able to write out a huge battle scene in which the Evangelions and Gundams duked it out in New York City, with fire and energy weapons, and blood, and death, and all of that happy fun stuff that would occur in a crossover battle scene. However, our special effects budget doesn't allow for that, so we'll just have to settle for moving on to the judge of the Sci-Fi section: Elf no Shin!

"I'd just like to state for the record that since there were only four contestants for this competition, repeating their excerpts over and over again for each section would be a little silly, so I'll just read off the winners!" she stated.

"The Winner for Best Mech, Best Story, and Sci-Fi Plot... PsyWeedle!"

PsyWeedle, from behind her, gasped and ran up to the podium, taking the three awards. He blinked, staring at them for a moment. He then smiled as the clip came up.

*CLIP*

Kenola nodded at Marianna in acknowledgement. The installation they had landed at was extremely large, guarded by an assortment of mobile suits of varying classes. The helicopter slowly landed, and Marianna led Kenola off of it. She was led past about a dozen Gelgoogs and Goufs as she walked with Marianna to the main complex of the base.

And as soon as she walked into the complex, Kenola was speechless.

The machine that sat before her had to be a quarter of a mile long, but considerably less wide. It was painted a dark green, and already Kenola could see dozens of weapons ports lining the front and top of the machine, the largest weapon seemed to be on the very center, a giant red circle was what it looked like. The only thing that seemed to indicate in the slightest bit that it was a mobile suit was the fact that a small head seemed to be on top, just above the cockpit and red circle weapon.

Marianna: Allow me to introduce you to our new weapon: The Mobile Armor Apsalus IV!

*END CLIP*

"Ahem. YES! I WON! BOOYAH! EAT THAT!" PsyWeedle laughed and did a little dance before once again returning to his previous spot. Elf rolled her eyes.

"And the winner for Best Alien... Merialiss' San Maxwell from her fic White Eternity: The Chronicles of a Savior! Unfortunately, I have neither an excerpt or Merialiss herself here to accept the award. And so, moving on... Time Lady wins another two, this time it being Best Ship and Best Sci-Fi Writer for her fic and ship titled, The Aries."

*CLIP*

"Good morning Captain!" shouted a voice from somewhere in the room. Tegan ignored the voice and pulled the covers over her head.

"Come on, Captain," coaxed the voice cheerfully. "Up, up, up, up! It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood, a-" the voice began to sing. Tegan groaned and groped around to turn off what she thought was an especially annoying clock radio.

"Let's go, Captain," said the voice. "You've got a busy day ahead of you. Time to get your butt out of bed."

"Who?" Tegan peeked out from under the covers.

"I am offended, said the voice in a hurt tone. Tegan detected a faintly British accent. "I can't believe you don't remember me, your Digital Audio Visual Entity? Who do you think runs this ship? Who keeps you on time?"

The Aries, a state-of-the-art spaceship, came complete with Dave, who could
run the entire ship alone should the need arise. With the crew of four, though, ave mostly assisted the crew in their duties and filled in when someone was off-duty.

Tegan attempted to sit up. The whole room spun as she remembered a party
the night before. She groaned. "Some party last night," said Dave. "Here, take this." A panel next to the bed slid open. Inside was a glass of water and two tablets. Tegan sat up and reached for them then washed the tablets down with the water. Her head cleared as the tablets took effect. "Man, what a hangover?" she muttered to herself. She looked around the room. The bed as centered in the middle of one wall, with end tables on either side. Each of the remaining walls had doors. One wall had two doors. On the wall opposite the bed, next to the door, was a large computer console and view screen. The view screen showed a floating, digitized head, with an unruly mop of brown hair and eyes that would have been pupil-less if it weren't for the small, black dots in the center. The head didn't seem to be attached to anything.

*END CLIP*

Time Lady went up to the podium and smiled.

"Science Fiction's always been one of my favorite areas to play with in writing. Now maybe I'll actually sit down and finish writing/re-writing the whole story. I have to admit, creating the Aries was one of my favorite parts on writing the story. I particularly loved creating personalities for DAVE, the Digital Audio Visual Entity, who runs the ship, and the Acme Liquid Refreshment Dispenser. I dedicate this to Douglas Adams, whose work helped inspire me. Thanks."

She quickly retook her seat.

"Enjoy that, folks? Next up is Continuations!" Digi-Chan announced.