Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: Revelations ❯ Bearer of Black Courage ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four
Bearer of Black Courage
 
"Veemon digivolve to.......ExVeemon!"
"Greymon digivolve to.......Metal Greymon!"
"Gatomon digivolve to.......Angewomon!"
A the others followed in suit and digivolved and prepared for the battle at hand.
"Come destined and fight! Today will decide the fate of both worlds!" yelled Hayru combining with Cyberdramon. "Justimon!" Aiden looked at Chaos Greymon and gave him the go ahead to attack. Nicole and Devin digivolve their digimon to their highest levels and prepared to fight.
"VeeLaser!"
"Onyx Claw!" The two attacks collided with Davis running past, headed for Aiden. He balled up his fists and was ready to punch, when Aiden lept into the air.
"I refuse to fight you Davis!" yelled Aiden landing behind him.
"I told you only friends can call me Davis!" Davis quickly turned and was about to puch when another fist hit him instead. "UGH!" Aiden took a couple steps back realizing what he just did.
"I didn't want to fight you! But now you leave me no choice!" Aiden rushed forward and kicked the downed Davis rolling him over. "How are any of you to understand what I'm going through?! You learn of one thing and you automatically make all the wrong assumptions!" Aiden walked off leaving Davis holding his stomache in pain.
"Trinity Arm!"
"Flower....Cannon!" The attacks collided in mid air causing everyone to shield their eyes except for Aiden. Othe digimon were entangled with the fights against Chaos Garurumon, Chaos Greymon, and Apocalymon. Aiden heard a voice from behind and turned in time to see Davis's fist. Aiden stumbled back a few feet holding the left side of his face.
"Your a coward Aiden!" yelled Davis. "ARGH!" Davis yelled grabbing his arm in pain, realizing Aiden was now holding a sword stlyed like a rapier, but curved like a samurai sword. Davis felt something warm in his hands and he looked down to see blood was coming from a deep wound.
"I missed."said Aiden emoutionessly. "Be lucky, gather your self brother and fight me like you wish! I won't turn my back this time! If you insist that I am nothing to you, then I will prove you wrong!" Aiden's digivice began to glow a blackish color and the symbol of Black Courage appeared. "Chaos Greymon it is time to show them the power of Black Courage! A power they feared two years ago! Now they will fear it again!" Chaos Garurumon quickly changed into Black Agumon and then glowed again.
"Black Agumon warp digivolve to.................Black Wargreymon!"
"I am the Bearer of Black Courage and you will feel my pain!" yelled Aiden at a surprised Davis, he had now just realized his grave mistake. Black Wargreymon was hard enough beat without a partner, now he has one only making him stronger.
"Terra Destroyer!" Black Wargreymon's attack hit all the digimon and their partners de-digivolving all of them. Hayru in Justimon walked over to Aiden's position.
"I had no idea you had that in you." said Justimon/Hayru.
"Just shut up." said Aiden giving Hayru an evil look. "I'm control of this battle now! I will show them the power me and Black Wargreymon posses."
 
Davis' body ached all over and it hurt to move. He slugishly opened his eyes and looked over at the others. None were moving except for Tai and Matt. They had already gotten to their feet. Davis took a look over to his left and saw Kari. He moved his hand and grabbed hers, there was no response.
"Kari......Kari....." Davis pulled himself over to her position and put her head in his lap. "Can you hear me Kari?" She stirred for a moment and painfullu opened her eyes.
"Davis....don't be angry with Aiden......."said Kari slowly. "It's not his fault....they are in control......of him....." She coughed and some blood surfaced. Davis looked for wounds on Kari and saw one near the center of her stomache. It was a deep hole and poured blood.
"Kari your....your hurt!" said Davis trying to find a way to close the wound. Tai and Matt saw what was going on and ran over to their position. Tai knelt down to his sisters side.
"Kari are you okay?" asked Tai looking over her wound. The wound is really deep......Tai looked into Kari's eyes and swore he could see the life draining from her. "Kari!" Kari took in a deep breath and looked at Tai with tears forming at the sides.
"I love you Tai......." Her head shifted ober to Davis. Her hand went up and she carressed the side of Davis's face. "Davis.....Your the world.....to me........" She coughed again and her eyes suddenly widened. "I....I love......you.......always....." Her body suddenly losened and her hand dropped from Davis's face. As if it was an eternity her hand was caught by Davis and he held it in his. A part of him died with Kari, his side to forgive.
"Kari.....I love you to." said Davis, his heart began to beat quickly and his body tensed, he let go of Kari's hand and stood to face Aiden.
 
"I....I killed her."studdered Aiden. "But how, why?" Aiden looked over at Black Wargreymon, whose eyes were glowing. He was still wanting a fight and calling for him would do nothing. Aiden looked towards Hayru and the other Dark Destined whom were congradulating him. His heart was crushed, he knew Kari was Davis' love and now she was dead. He knew Davis would approach out of rage and most likely get himself killed attacking Black Wargreymon head on. Aiden looked up from the gorund to see Davis and Veemon ready for battle again.
"You killed her you bastard!" yelled Davis with anger above the boiling point. "And now I will kill you!"
"You have a right to be angry with me Davis." said Aiden with fear in his voice. "I wont stop you from attacking me." He opened his arms to reveal his chest. "Your free shot."
"You killed my sister!" yelled Tai running over to Davis's side. "Agumon!"
"Agumon warp digivolve to............Wargreymon!"
"Gabumon warp digivolve to..........Metal Garurumon!"
"Your gonna pay!" yelled Matt. "Let's get him!" All three digimon ran forward only to be countered by Black Wargreymon, Chaos Garurumon, Justimon, and Apocalymon.
"You've done well Aiden, take a break and let us handle the last of the destined." said Hayru.
"Yes.....Hayru." Aiden stepped back to watch the battle. I could bring her back....but I must get over there to her....Aiden waited for the battle to intensify and walked into the darkness of the forest. Davis of course saw this and ran into the forest as well.
 
Aiden ran through the forest hoping to get to Kari's body before her spirit truly departed. He rounded a corner right into a fist.
"UGH!" Aiden fell on his butt and recovered by quickly standing up. "So Davis you wish to finish it here? Well I cannot, there is one thing I must do before you kill me, or try at least." Aiden lept over Davis, and Davis randomly swatted at Aiden trying to get him, but missed every time.
"Get back here!" yelled Davis running after Aiden, but Aiden was to fast even for a soccer player. Davis came around a group of trees and saw Aiden kneeling over Kari's body chanting some words. "There you are!" Aiden looked back in time and flipped backwards over the pursuing Davis.
"Take better care of her Davis."said Aiden. "I won't be able to this for anyone again.....you give her your love and affection...and Davis I do not mind that you hate me, like I said when I first met you, I'm treated like this were ever I go, even........by my only brother. The next time we fight, I will be your enemy, nothing more. I have lost everything, and there is no reason for me to pursue your acceptance since your eyes and words tell me you do not want anything to do with me.........Good bye for now Daisuke...." Aiden vanished into the darkness and left Davis rather confused and angry. Davis heard a sudden moan and turned his head to see a fully revitalized Kari.
"Ka.....Kari!? But how? You were killed by Aiden!" Davis ran over to her side and looked at her deeply.
"Davis.....I thought I was gone forever, then I heard a voice, he said he wants to see Davis happy, and he says he is sorry for everything he has done, Aiden brought me back, he was that voice." Kari's eyes swelled with tears.
"I won't lose you again." said Davis embrassing Kari. His anger cooled a bit, but knew that Aiden was no longer going to do things like this again, next time, she might be gone for good. In the dark, they both sat there in each others arms, and for a moment, the events of the battle waging around them was gone. There was only love.
 
Back at the battlefield, the Dark Destined were cornered. Wargreymon and Metal Garurumon combined into Omnimon and was winning.
"We need to pull back!" yelled Devin running and grabbing her DemiDevimon, whom was just beaten by Omnimon. There was a sudden voice that startled Devin.
"I think it is time me and Nicole go ahead with Project Shadow." said Aiden with a frown on his face. "Nicole, we need to fight together, forget our differences and we can create a digimon more powerful than that Omnimon."
"Good idea!"" said Nicole. She ran over to Chaos Garurumon and held out her digivive. "Initiating Project Shadow!" Aiden ran over to Black Wargreymon and said the same.
"Initiating Project Shadow!" Both Black Wargreymon and Chaos Garurumon vanished into the sky. The clouds began to warp and the blue sky turned a sudden charcoal color and a vortex appeared. And from the vortex arrived a dark digimon, a combination of two dark digimon.
"Now it's time to meet your new opponent! Shadow Omnimon!" yelled Nicole and Aiden in unison. Tai and Matt looked on to see a black version of Omnimon floating infront of them. It pointed it's cannon arm at the group of unconcious destined and Digimon.
"Hell Cannon!" A red energy gathered at the opening of the cannon and fired a large beam of dark energy. Omnimon flew infront of the others in time.
"ARGH!" yelled Omnimon in pain. "Garuru Cannon!"
"Hell Cannon!" The two attacks collided in mid air causing the ground below to break apart. And through it all, Shadow Omnimon and Omnimon clashed swords. Down below Davis and Kari finally ralized what was going on around them.
"Were's Gatomon?!" asked Kari in a panic.
"I got her."said ExVeemon holding the tiny cat digimon in his arms.
"We need to get everyone away from here."said Davis picking up and injured Sora. Kari helped Ken and Yolei, while ExVeemon got Mimi and the other digimon with the help of Davis. They all entered the forest.
"I think they should be safe for now." said Davis turning his head back towards the battlefield.
"Should we go and help?"asked Kari looking in the same direction.
"Yeah....we should." Davis grabbed Kari's hand and ran off towards the battlefield with ExVeemon close behind.
 
"Grey Sword!"
"Chaos Sword!" The sword collided sending a shockwave of power throughout the Island. The two giant digimon were wearing down, and it could be seen in their attack patterns. Aiden looked on into the battle alongside Nicole.
"He's weakining."said Aiden. "If we do not seperate them, they will die from over exertion."
"Okay, but what about the other one?"asked Nicole.
"They will do the same." said Aiden. Both Nicole and Aiden took in a deep breath breaking thier concentration and Shadow Omnimon broke apart as well. Tai and Matt thought it was a good time to attack, but Omnimon was exhausted and broke up as well. About that time Kari and Davis run out into the battlefield. Aiden smirks seeing Kari standing close to Davis.
"Well Daisuke I see she didn't die after all."said Aiden. "I'm afraid our battle must be canceled for the rest of the day." Hayru stepped up to say something but his body screamed no.
"We still ca fight!" said Wargreymon weakly.
"No you cannot. Neither can Black Wargreymon or Chaos Garurumon." Aiden. "I think you destined have proven yourselves today. I hope our next battle will be just as great as this, get plenty of rest. We will meet again, and goodbye brother." Aiden turned around to be followed by Black Wargreymon and the other Dark Destined back to Infinity Mountain. Tai turned and saw his sister standing and ran over to her and hugged her.
"Your alive? How?"asked Tai. She thought she should tell them, but Davis shook his head no.
"I guess I just passed out from blood loss."said Kari with a stutter in her voice. Tai knew she was lying but it didn't matter. She was back.
After everyone was up, everyone decided it was time to return to the real world, It would be nice to get some rest in a bed. They all agreed to meet up on Monday to discuss how to counter the Dark Destined.
--------------------------------
 
A whole day went by and it was time for school. Everyone was there except for Aiden. Davis knew he wasn't going to be there, but secretly hoped he would be. He yearned to know more about Aiden's past, but would have to wait. Throughout the entire school day Davis couldn't get his mind off the battles with Aiden. He knew that Aiden was doing this for Black Agumon, but there had to be more. Was it to find Davis to? Davis knew Mr. Jorogi would go on and on about history again and wished he could get out.
 
Davis happened to glance out the window and saw none other than Aiden standing in a grove of trees.
"Mr. Jorogi! I need to see the nurse!" yelled Davis acting like he was going to be sick.
"Humph......go on!" Mr. Jorogi crossed his arms and watched Davis walk out the door. Davis ran down some stair outside into the grove of trees. There he saw Aiden standing with his back against a tree.
 
"Aiden!" yelled Davis. "Why are you here?"
"Just wanted to see if everyone was rested from the battle the other day." said Aiden with his arms crossed and eyes closed. "I hope everyone has fully recovered."
"They have no thanks to you."said Davis. He sighed and mustered the courage. "Thank-you for saving Kari's life, I would be lost without her." Aiden opened his eyes and uncrossed his arms.
"Humph...sure."said Aiden beginning to walk off. But was stopped by a hand on his shoulder he turned and saw Davis holding out his hand.
"I believe this belongs to you."said Davis holding out the locket. Aiden looked at it and closed Davis' hands around it.
"Keep it, your apart of the Motomiya family officially, I am just an outcast and will be. I do not deserve that." He was about to walk off again but was stopped by Kari this time.
"Kari, where did you come from?"asked Davis.
"I have a class with you, I sit next to you also." said Kari. "Aiden I have one question for you....about Black Wargreymon and you." Aiden walked around Kari and sighed.
"I guess I have the time to explain." said Aiden.
 
(Flashback 2 years ago)
 
Water crashed against the coast of a sandy beach and a young boy is seen sitting in the sand buring his head in his arms, sobbing. He had found the truth of his life and what it meant to him now....nothing. He gathered some strength to pull himself from sandy ground to his feet and slowly walked along the beach looking at the setting sun.
 
After a few minutes of walking the young boy stumbled upon something metal in the ground. He looked down and saw it was a metal claw.
"What's that doing here?" asked the young boy. He flipped it over to examine it. It was large and black with three steel claws coming from the front. "Who or what does this belong to......" He looked up the beach to see a mangled figure laying half way into the water. He ran quickly ran over to the mess. He could see that this 'person' was covered in black armor from head to toe and had golden blonde hair. The top portion of the face was covered by a mask. The young boy looked down at the 'persons' chest and saw a large wound, recently made. "He needs my help....."
 
The creature in black armor opened his eyes and realized he was now lying in a bed. And parts of his body were bandaged up. He tried to sit up but his body screamed no. So he obeyed and laid there until the door to the room opened up. The creature turned his head and saw a human boy walk in with a large bowl and spoon. He pulled up a chair next to the creature and sat down.
"Ah, so your awake."said the boy, he slide his hand behind the creatures back and helped the creature sit up. "Here....." the boy handed the creature a bowl filled with some liquid. "It's a special soup, it will make you feel better in no time." The creature took the bowl in hand and, instead of using the spoon, drunk it from the bowl.
"Thank-you." said the creature. "Who are you?" The boy smiled to see the creature finally spoke.
"I'm Aiden. Nice to meet you."
"I'm Black Wargreymon."
 
The friendship grew between Black Wargreymon and Aiden over the weeks Aiden nursed Black Wargreymon back to health. A total of two months had gone by and Black Wargreymon was fully recovered. He was getting ready to leave.
"Leaving so soon?"asked Aiden walking in.
"Yes, I have some questions that need to be answered."said Black Wargreymon in response. "I want to thank-you Aiden, and I hope we do meet again some day." Aiden smiled and shook Black Wagreymon's claw.
"I thank-you Black Wargreymon, you turned my lonely life into an adventure." said Aiden, his handshake went into a hug. This caught the large digimon off guard. "Remember this place will always be here if you need a place to rest. I will always be here." Black Wargreymon was accompanied by Aiden to the end of the trail.
"Good luck in your quest Black Wargreymon." Aiden waved goodbye. "Stop by some time!" Aiden watched Black Wargreymon vanish over the horizon. Aiden sighed and went back to his home. The air had cooled drastically on his way back. Snow began to fall.
"An early winter again."said stepping into his small home. It felt dead now, no one was here to talk to anymore. "Alone again........" Aiden began to cough and he went for his bed and before he could get their he passed out.
 
Aiden opened his eyes and realized there was light in the house, and he was in bed. He realized his whole body ached from some sickness he had caught. He sat up and heard a familiar.
"So your finally awake Aiden." Aiden looked to his left to see Black Wargreymon sitting in a chair.
"Black Wargreymon! Your back! Why?"asked Aiden.
"After I left I realized maybe my destiny was not to remember my past but to work on new memories. I decided it would be nice to start those with someone I knew. I returned to a cold dark house. I saw you on the floor passed out. I put you in bed, gathered the remaining firewood and began to take care of you."
"Thank-you Black Wargreymon."said Aiden. "How long have I been out?"
"Three days, you had me worried on day two, but you pulled through." Black Wargreymon got up and poked at the embers to get the fire gowing again. He turned suddenly to see a bright light coming from Aiden, when the light cleared, a device was sitting in his lap.
"A D-3?!" said Black Wargreymon with surprise. "So.....am I your partner?"
"Dunno....." Aiden looked over the D-3 and onthe screen was three words. 'Bearer of Black Courage'. "I guess so!" Black Wargreymon walked over to the chair and pulled it closer to Aiden's bedside.
"So what do we do now?"asked Aiden.
"You need rest, let me handle everything else, whats friends for?" Black Wargreymon and Aiden laughed. After that night, a permanent friendship was forged.
 
(End flashback)
 
"So that's how it happened."said Aiden finishing his story.
"Oh.........."said Davis hanging his head down. Black Wargreymon means everything to him. Of course, he was their after Aiden went through the loss of his family. I wish there was someway I could help......
"Well Digi-Destined, I must be going now." said Aiden holding his hand out to form a portal. "Remember on the battlefield we are enemies. "But....out here, we can be........friends....if that is alright?" Davis laughed/smiled with Kari.
"Sure Aiden, and maybe one day.........." Davis looked up to see Aiden was already gone. "One day we can be brothers and not enemies........."
 
Another chapter comes to a close. In the next chapter another tragedy occurs and a friend falls farther into darkness. Find out more in Chapter Five: Angels of Darkness.