Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love on the Blazing Wind ❯ Dinner and a Long-Awaited Question ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Burning Greymon: Last chapter? Oh on thing, quotation marks are for speech while `s are for thoughts

Kendo Garurumon: I don't think so bud!

Core Ikakkumon: Okay chapter six ready to go!

Well he'd gotten everything ready. All that was left to do was to effect a small wardrobe change. About 5:00 he put on his tux, and asked Zoe to have dinner with him. She agreed and went upstairs to get ready. Some time later she reappeared at the top of the stairs, looking more beautiful than he'd ever seen her. She looked radiant and almost shone with beauty. Just then the limo pulled up, the sound of the horn snapping him from her spell. As he got into the limo after Zoe, the driver slipped him the small velvet cube within which rested the ring. When they arrived they were guided to their table and sat down as they ordered their food.

"I'll have the fresh clams with the portabella mushroom sauce please" said Zoe.

"I will have the Shrimp with the Béarnaise sauce and the braised asparagus tips" said Takuya.

"Okay, I'll be right back with your orders" the waiter replied.

"Oh Takuya this is all so sudden" Zoe said, gently resting her hand on his.

The waiter soon returned with their food. As they ate, he thought `She is the most wonderful woman I have ever known, more beautiful, gentle, and kind than anyone that I have ever met. Well it's almost time' as they finished their meals, he paid the bill and they left the restaurant. As they walked, he took her hand.

"Come with me Zoe" he said as they began walking along the Promenade that followed the shoreline.

The setting sun tinted the sky a deep scarlet red, and a light breeze blew as Takuya knelt down.

"Takuya? Is this what I think it is?"

"Yes, Zoe will you marry me?" he asked as he opened the small box to reveal the ring.

"Oh. My. God. This is overwhelming! Yes of course I'll marry you! Oh wow! I'm shocked, I would never have expected this!"

Unbeknownst to Takuya and Zoe, Darren Sean and Dean stood some distance away.

"Well there's the couple of the century" said Darren.

"Yup, love is a beautiful thing" Sean said, leaning against the wall beside them.

"They're lucky to each have found the one that makes them feel complete" said Dean.

Well let's go" said Darren , and they turned and walked away.

Burning Greymon: Well one would expect me to stop here, but that's not the way I work. Well there's more to all this and I intend to allow this to play out a bit longer.