Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love on the Blazing Wind ❯ The Best Man ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Burning Greymon: Sorry it took me so long to get this chapter up, I had tons of homework.

Kendo Garurumon: Well its up now so let them read, because I gotta leave.

Core Ikakkumon: Same here, ill see ya later Greymon.

Well it was final, Takuya and Zoe were getting married, but who was going to be the best man? Koji was in the middle of a class action suit against a slumlord who was over charging tenants living in a, well a slum. J.P was on urgent business in California. So it was down to Sean, Dean and Darren, because Tommy was in the middle of his midterms, this was an ugly situation in any context.

"I'm going to be the best man" said Darren, stating in the fact the he'd known Zoe the longest.

"Well I'm going to be the best man because I'm, well, I am the best man here" Dean put in

"Oh shut up the both of you. You're acting like children. I don't even want to be the best man. I hate weddings"

At this Darren rolled his eyes, a movement which Dean did not notice. He carried on with his argument.

`Darren, you are not exactly best man material. You're a freaking giant, hulking behemoth for god sakes"

"What's size got to do with it short stuff? If small stature were a felony you'd be serving a life sentence in the state pen"

"Don't try to lackluster intimidation tactics on me Darren, I've seen you use them on others and I won't fall for them"

"ME? Intimidation tactics? Ha! The very idea is laughable"

"All I'll say is were on an even footing"

Darren snorted and muttered under his breath "I doubt that"

Aloud he said, "May the best man win"

"Thanks I will" Dean replied

"Yeah, right"

The wedding was to be held in late April. It was early February when this mess had started and it was now late March and Takuya still had not chosen a best man. Dean and Darren were at odds with one another, and Sean was nowhere to be seen throughout the entire affair. Finally, about a week into April, Takuya had everyone gather at Zoe's house so that he could announce his decision.

"Okay, after long deliberation over this matter I have made my decision. Not everyone will like it but it had to be done" said Takuya

At this, both Darren and Dean cast a smug glance at the other, each expecting the decision to be in his favor.

"Well, here goes. Darren and Dean will be my best men"

"Well thank you I'm… WHAT!!!" they exclaimed in unison

Burning Greymon: Two best men? Quite interesting. Stay tuned for the eighth and final chapter