Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Realized Truths ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: One thing to explain, I did say that Mating Season was the sequel to some past fics, but there are a few things that are changed, more specifically, the couples I intended to put in the story. They are evident and really don't need explaining what has been changed.

Chapter 3: Realized Truths

Renamon and Impmon stared at each other for the longest time. Impmon had second thoughts about telling Renamon what he thought of before. The two sat in silence longer as each were trying to think of something to say.

"Impmon, I," Renamon tried to think of something to say, "didn't know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," Impmon looked down to the ground below them, "I didn't stand a chance to get with you. I realized that when you were with Terriermon's tamer, during Valentine's Day. That's why I called you guys there in the first place. I didn't like it at first, but I accepted it because you were happy. And seeing people and digimon happy is my greatest reward." Impmon smiled weakly.

"Impmon," Renamon started, "that was sweetest thing anyone has ever done. Thank you for understanding."

"No," Impmon started, "thank you. I have a huge weight off my chest now. I should have told you earlier, but when I heard word that you mated with Terriermon's tamer, I knew I had to tell you. I was a little sick at first when I heard you mated with a human, but I got over it."

"At least we both understand now," Renamon looked up into the stars then looked at Impmon again, "but we can be friends, like we are."

"Of course we'll be friends, that will never change," Impmon looked at Renamon, "we will never not be friends again."

"Agreed," Renamon smiled and hugged Impmon, "friend."

Impmon was surprised at first, but accepted it, "my best friend, Renamon."

"I'm sorry Impmon, but I have to go," Renamon said, "to see Lee."

"Okay, thanks again Renamon." Impmon said.

"For what?" Renamon asked.

"For opening new doors to romance, love, and happiness." Impmon said. Renamon smiled back as she leapt into the cool night air. "Thank you." Impmon said one final time as he leapt off the roof and started to wander around the town, thinking about love.

(Impmon's P.O.V)

It's funny, before I used to kill anything that associated with love, now I'm thinking hard about it. This world is screwy isn't it? But, she was my first love I remember, nothing before that…that's another thing, what happened before I met Ai and Makato? Dammit, I can't remember what happened before those two. Do I even have a past? Did I love someone before Renamon? I need to find out. I feel like I have a destiny, but I don't know what it is…

Impmon thought hard about his past, but to no avail. He could not think of anything before his two tamers. He knew he had something to do, but he couldn't think of it. Impmon stared into the night sky as he thought.

"That's it," Impmon said in determination, "I'm going to find out my past, if it's the last thing I do."

With that said, the purple Imp digimon ran, but he did not know where he was running to, or if it would bring him somewhere over time. He just ran a course, which would soon bring him somewhere he would have never expected…

~*~

Takato Masuda, the tamer of Guilmon, thought in his room about random thing. Things like digimon, school, friends, and finally love. But when he started thinking about live, one particular name came to mind…

(Takato's P.O.V)

Love, one of the most powerful feelings anyone could ever feel. More powerful than hate, fear, and happiness…but I can't find it. At first I thought it would be Juri, but I was wrong. But she really didn't have true love; it was just a crush, a simple crush. She found new love, a love more powerful than I could have given her. Oh well, what's past is past. Strange, every time I think of love, I can only think of Ruki…But she's with Hirokazu, I don't stand a chance, do I?

Takato's thoughts were broken when he heard his mother call from the lower floor of the Matsuda home, which served two purposes, a home and a bakery.

"Takato!" Mrs. Matsuda called for her son, "a friend is here to see you!"

"Coming Mom!" Takato yelled back as he walked down the stairs. He looked into the bakery, thinking it would be Lee or Hirokazu, but much to his surprise, he saw Ruki.

"Hi Ruki," Takato greeted, "what are you doing here?

"Takato, I have to ask you something," Ruki started, "its important."

"Okay," Takato said, "go ahead and ask."

Ruki felt a little nervous when she was about to ask. `Why am I so nervous to ask him, its not like I'm falling in love with him. NO! Absolutely not! But…' Ruki was about to speak, but suddenly the Takato's parent's interrupted the two teenagers.

"Takato, your father and I have to go downtown for a city meeting," Mrs. Matsuda said as she walked out the door with Mr. Matsuda, "we'll be back in two hours. The Bakery is closed right now, so don't worry about it."

"Okay mom," Takato started to wave, "bye. What were you asking Ruki?"

`Its better if I ask him somewhere less visible to the public…' "Takato is it okay if we go your room, I need to ask you something private." Ruki asked the brown haired boy.

`She wants to go to my room.' Takato sweat dropped, `It must be something private. Maybe…' Takato thought. "Okay, I guess, but it's a little messy."

The two went up to Takato's room, where they sat down, Takato on his bed and Ruki on the desk chair.

`Here goes nothing…' Ruki thought, "Takato, what is love?" Ruki quickly asked.

"What do you mean?" Takato asked, a little puzzled about the question.

"In your definition…" Ruki asked.

"In my definition, its hard to describe," Takato started, "it's a feeling I guess. Why are you having trouble understanding it?"

"As a matter of fact," Ruki said, trying to act annoyed but she wasn't, "I am. Since Renamon and Lee did mate, it made me think of it even more. I didn't really care before, but now I've been thinking about it…"

"Well, you should know," Takato started, "you feel it with Hirokazu, don't you?"

"No," Ruki said, "That was a crush, simple puppy love. He sucked as being a romantic guy. I'm talking about intimate love."

"Oh, but why are you asking me?" Takato asked.

"Because you experienced some of it with Juri, didn't you?" Ruki asked. Takato looked down to the ground.

"Well, maybe," Takato said, somewhat sadly, "remember what happened a few weeks ago?"

*****Flashback*****

"Takato!" Juri yelled to her boyfriend.

"Hi Juri." Takato said as he hugged her, "How you doing?"

"Nice to see you to Takato." Juri said as they started walking. They walked down the street to the park around 6 P.M where they stopped by Guilmon's home. They stayed there to talk, not knowing to Takato, she was about to tell him something important.

Juri sighed, "I need to tell you something Takato."

"You can tell me anything," Takato said, "I'll listen."

"I'm sorry Takato." Juri said.

"Sorry," Takato said a little concerned, "for what?"

"Takato," Juri closed her eyes, "I love someone else…"

Takato felt his heartache, but not break. For some reason, he knew this was coming, but he was still a little heart broke. "Who is it?" Takato said softly.

"Leomon, I only realized it a few days ago." Juri said.

"I knew it," Takato looked up to Juri with his misty brown eyes and smiled weakly, "I knew you two would be a couple, ever since that incident with Renamon and Lee."

"So you understand Takato?" Juri said.

"Y…yeah," Takato said as he looked down to the floor again, "could you please excuse me, I need to talk to someone." Takato said as he walked out of Guilmon's empty home.

"I'm sorry Takato." Juri said.

Takato walked down the street, thinking. He wasn't very sad, but he was at the point of crying. He cried as he walked to his destination. Not knowing to him, he was not heading home. He wanted to go home, but his body was taking him somewhere else, he was actually heading the opposite direction, to the larger estates…

(Takato's P.O.V)

Juri broke up with me, but I'm not as sad as most people are when they break up. Why am I like this? Why is it when I loved and cared about her very much, and yet when we broke up, I'm not sad? Is it possible that I loved someone more than her without knowing? I need to talk to someone but Lee's not home, Hirokazu and Kenta probably won't understand or make fun of me, Ryo lives across town, and there's Ruki…

Takato found himself in front of Ruki's large home. And he decided to talk to her since he had no other options and he really needed to talk to someone. He timidly went up to the door and cautiously rang the doorbell. A few moments later, Ruki answered the door.

"Hey Gogglehead," Ruki said half-coldly since she saw he was a little sad, "what are you doing here?"

"I need someone to talk to…" Takato said.

"What happened?" Ruki asked.

"Juri…" Takato said.

"Broke up with you?" Ruki finished Takato's sentence. Takato nodded slowly. Ruki was close to shutting the door on his face, but had second thoughts.

`Why is it I don't want to shut him out? I usually do, but I can't pull myself to shut the door on him…' Ruki thought. "Okay Takato, we can talk."

"Thanks." Takato said as he was invited inside. The two talked all night and Ruki's grandmother didn't really notice him since she was sleeping and her Rumiko, Ruki's mom, was never home. So the two talked and bonded as friends. They realized they more in common than they did before. This was actually the first time the two actually talked for a long time about personal business. Before they knew it, it was the next morning, the two talked all night. Takato realized it was morning and said he had to go.

"Thanks for listening Ruki. I feel a lot better." Takato thanked the red headed girl.

"That's what friends are for right Gogglehead?" Ruki said.

"Sure is." Takato smiled as he walked out the door to his home. That night was a night he would never forget, it was the night he became very close friends with the girl with a heart of ice.

~*~

"I remember that night," Ruki smiled about the fond memory, "we really became close after that. But you didn't tell me if you did have special experiences with her."

"Not really," Takato said, "but we did have a few special moments where love did shine. And when we had those moments, it felt like I was the Digital Emperor."

"Hmmm…" Ruki started to think, "That's good for you. I never experienced anything like that with Hirokazu, that insensitive jerk."

"I see you still hate him for that?" Takato said.

"Yeah, he's a big jerk. He never kept his promises, bastard." Ruki said.

"That's his personality," Takato explained, "He's more of a party animal than a romantic lover."

"Whatever." Ruki said, "but I'm still puzzled about love."

"Love can be found anywhere," Takato said as he looked up and looked at Ruki, "it may even be in the last place you would think. Or in your case, the last guy you think…"

"What are you implying Gogglehead?" Ruki said somewhat annoyed.

"Nothing," Takato smirked, "nothing at all."

"Hey," Ruki looked away, "I don't plan to fall in love with anyone soon. Just to let you know."

"Take your time," Takato said, "love can't be found in a day, or developed for that matter. It may take several weeks or just a few seconds, but it will eventually find everyone, even the coldest of hearts…"

Ruki quickly turned around to look Takato straight into his brown eyes. "I did have a cold heart, but before…" Ruki paused, and looked to the ground on her side.

"Before what?" Takato asked in anticipation.

"Before I met you." Ruki looked up again to Takato.

Takato stared at Ruki and likewise. They looked into each other's eyes after that was said. They were both speechless, trying to think of things to say, but to no avail. Ruki couldn't think of anything to say because she gave away a vital clue to her darkest secret while Takato couldn't think of anything to say because his secret fantasy may become a reality. The irony is they both did not realize their secrets and fantasies yet, but they were about to soon…

"What do you mean by that?" Takato asked.

"I," Ruki started but stopped to think of something to say, "I never really truly loved someone except for my Grandma before I met you, my mother was always out and I knew she cared and loved me, but I truly, truly only loved my Grandma so much that I would die to save her. Then I met you, the naïve little Gogglehead that would be my last choice as a romantic partner, but I have been having second thoughts about my own thoughts."

"Well," Takato paused to think of what she said, "you have been thinking of me as your boyfriend?"

Ruki blushed a little, "Well maybe a little." Ruki said, `Great, he's going to think differently of me now.' Ruki thought.

"You know," Takato started, "your violet eyes seem to have a brighter hue when you think of love and when you blush, did you know that?"

"Takato," Ruki smiled at the brown haired boy, "thank you. But did you have the same feelings as I did for me?"

"I," Takato paused, then closed his eyes, "I did, but I didn't want to tell you because you probably would have beaten me up."

Ruki moved closer to Takato, "I would have never have beaten you up, only beat you in card games, but never in real life." Ruki smiled as she looked at Takato.

"Yeah, I know, but what about all those threats?" Takato asked.

"Bluffs," Ruki simply answered, "but its good to know we know our thoughts about each other."

"Yeah it is," Takato said, "but lets make it official. Will you be my girlfriend, Ruki Makino?"

"Takato, you're too soft," Ruki said as she pulled him into a kiss, "and that's why I want to be your girlfriend."

"Let me enjoy this moment," Takato said as he hugged Ruki, "its not everyday you become your dream girl's boyfriend."

"What I say before when you first came to my house," Ruki playfully punched Takato, "say that again and I'll beat you up."

"Sure," Takato laughed, "but I was right, you would find love in the last place you would think. I always thought you would be with Lee."

"No," Ruki said, "I really had no interest in him. Anyway, Renamon already got him."

"Well whatever," Takato said, "at least we can be together."

"Yeah," Ruki said, "I love you Takato."

"I love you too Ruki." Takato smiled as the two new found lovers kissed again. The broke the kiss and looked into each other's eyes. They were both analyzing their thoughts, without a word spoken. Both had the same ideas on their minds about taking it to the next level, and slowly they started. Ruki started to take off Takato's shirt, but suddenly Takato heard his parents come home.

"Looks like we have to postpone it Takato." Ruki said.

"Yes, but once we do it, it will be worth the wait. And I'll be looking forward to it." Takato smiled as he put his shirt back on.

~*~

In Jenrya Lee's apartment…

"Hey Jen!" Terriermon yelled.

"What? And you don't have to yell in the house Terriermon." Jenrya said to the digimon.

"Momentai!" Terriermon said, "Anyway, I'm bored, lets hear what you have to say."

"I don't have anything to say." Lee simply said.

"How about Renamon?" Terriermon said.

"No. That's my business." Lee said.

"Awww, come on Jen, I'm bored." Terriermon begged to hear something, "did you mate with her or something?"

Lee sweat dropped, "Wouldn't you like to know."

"So you DID mate with her. Good going Jen! I might be an uncle!" Terriermon said to his tamer.

"I don't want to think about it much. I did it because I love her, not for the cheap thrills." Lee said.

"I know it's all about love," Terriermon said, "but you're a human and Renamon is a digimon, have you ever thought of that?"

"I know she's a digimon, but that means nothing, I love her…" Lee said again.

"I'm not talking in terms in that," Terriermon said, "but what if she gives birth? Will your offspring be a human child or a digimon young one?"

Lee was about to say something, but thought about it, "I…I don't know, what will it be Terriermon?"

"I don't know," Terriermon said, "but Momentai! You'll find out eventually. I'm going to sleep, night Jen…"

"Good night Terriermon." Lee said, but he was thinking more about what Terriermon said. `What does happen if she gets pregnant…' Lee thought about it, but could not find an answer. He thought about it until he fell asleep.

~*~

In Juri's room…

Juri Katou, former tamer of the brave Leomon, laid on her bed in thought. It wasn't thoughts of the future or happiness, but thoughts of sadness, angst, and death. She had the tragic event when the formally evil Beelzebumon killed her digimon. But unlike other tamers, Juri had a special bond with her beloved Leomon. She had a bond that could not be broken by anything; even the most vile, evil, dark force could not break the bond they held. The other digimon Tamers realized this too, but it was too late to do anything. Juri thought about it again and curled herself into the fetal position and started to cry.

"I was his tamer, his love," Juri mumbled in sadness, "his lioness, and his mate…"

That night, Juri cried herself to sleep and that night she had dreams of Leomon. Who was once her former digimon, partner, lover, and mate.

~*~*~

---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction