Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Digital Hybrid Theory ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 5: Digital Hybrid Theory

The yellow and white furred digital fox digimon known as Renamon was perched high above on her Tamer's home early that morning. She noticed her Tamer, Ruki Makino, walked around out in the outdoor hallway groggily walking around. Renamon decided to talk to her one more time before heading off to see Jenrya Lee to find out the news about their offspring.

"Ruki-san," Renamon said, soft enough for only Ruki to hear, as she leapt off the roof of the home; the redheaded girl turned around slowly, "May I talk to you, before I go off to meet Jenrya."

Ruki rubbed her eyes to rub off the rest of the sleepiness in her eyes, "Yeah sure. I'm always here to talk."

"Ruki-san, I am very nervous. I was never nervous ever before, even during battles. I never felt this way, ever." Renamon told Ruki.

"Its completely natural to be nervous when receiving news about your soon-to-be child," Ruki explained to Renamon, "It happens to all mothers…"

"But I'm different," Renamon looked down to the wooden flooring of the home, "I…I'm a digimon, and usually digimon mate with digimon and simply have their child. I mated with Jenrya, who is a human. There was never anything like this before. I'm nervous about what I may have to do. I'm even a little scared…"

Ruki put her hands on Renamon's shoulders. "What happened to the brave, fearless warrior I know? A warrior who is not afraid to tackle any enemy or problem without fear? Look Renamon, you'll be fine. And don't forget, you have Lee with you though out this whole thing. And don't forget about Gogglehead and his digimon, and of course you got me, who is your Tamer and best friend. We'll all be there no matter what."

Renamon looked up again at Ruki and smiled, which was rare, "you're right Ruki-san, thank you. I must go now to see Jenrya."

"Go," Ruki smiled at her digimon, "and face it like the brave digimon warrior I know."

~*~

Jenrya Lee ran as fast as he could to the park where he promised to meet Renamon one last time before asking the major questions about their child and telling the whole story of Renamon and himself to his father as well as his family.

"Jenrya," the yellow fox digimon looked down to the midnight blue haired boy, "today is the day…"

"I ask my father about our child," Jenrya finished Renamon's sentence, "and tell of our little `activities.'"

Renamon looked up to the left into the blue early morning sky in thought. "I never imagined I would fall in love, even less produce an offspring," Renamon thought out loud as she placed her paw on her abdomen area, "even more less mate with someone, especially a human."

"Like Terriermon says, Momentai!" Lee said to brighten the mood a little. He hugged Renamon and assured everything, "Don't worry, like I said the night before no matter what happens we will be together always."

"You're right Jenrya," Renamon smiled down at Lee, "I love you."

"I love you too Renamon." Lee said, "Shall we go?"

Renamon let out a big sigh as she agreed to go. The couple walked away from their meeting place to find out about their child. Not knowing to them, Juri was watching the two from afar.

(Juri's P.O.V)

Those two are in love, and they're going to have a baby. I'm going to have a baby and I don't have anyone to love. And when my child is born, he or she won't have a father. But, I cannot just kill my baby, its inhuman…but I don't even know if my baby IS human. My parents don't even know about this. I don't know what to do…

Juri rubbed her stomach and started to cry. "Don't worry, I'm going to keep you. No matter what happens…"

~*~

Since Lee's father was taking the day off, Lee and Renamon found him quite quickly, in Lee's home. Jenrya and Renamon stopped at the door to the apartment.

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea anymore." Jenrya started to have second thoughts about telling his father about his soon-to-be child. Renamon kissed Lee again.

"Don't worry," Renamon assured Lee, "I too am nervous, but you are one of the bravest I know. You can do this. If anyone has to be nervous, it should be me."

"But, he might kill me…" Lee trailed off.

"Remember, nothing will change our love for each other. You even told me that. And do you want to go on not knowing what are child will be or go on with you family not knowing? Ruki-san assured me before I met you that we have friends that will support us, and they will give you confidence." Renamon tried to get some confidence in Lee.

"Your right Renamon. Thank you for that boost of confidence. Wish me luck…" Lee slowly opened the door.

"Don't worry Jenrya, I'll be right outside your window until you can call me in." Renamon assured one more time, "Good Luck."

Jenrya opened the door to his apartment and slowly and nervously walked in. He walked down the seemingly short hall, which to him seemed like Death Row. He stepped into the mail dining room, where he found his father reading a newspaper and his sisters sitting down eating breakfast. Lee tapped his father on the shoulder.

"Uhhh, Dad," Lee asked nervously, "can I talk to you, for a second, in private? And where's mom?"

"Your mom is at the store, and why can't you tell me right now?" Janyuu asked as he put the paper down and looked up to his son from his seat.

"Yeah, Jen," Jenrya's older sister, Jaarin, said, "or is it a `Guy thing' that you don't want any of your sisters, or even Rinchei, to know about?"

Lee sweat dropped, "Well, actually yeah."

Janyuu sighed, "Alright, you two stop. Jaarin, bring your sister and brother to the living room and watch T.V or something. Looks like Jen want to tell me something important."

The siblings exited the room to the other room. Jenrya looked out the window to see Renamon watching from the window. She gave him a nod of the head and Jen sighed. "Dad…" Lee had a lost of words. He didn't know how to tell his father.

"What is it Jen?" Janyuu asked again looking at his son.

"Ummm, how would you…umm…like to…uhhh…be a…" Lee paused one more time to think.

"Well, like to be a what?" Janyuu put his paper down, knowing something will happen.

"A…" Lee closed his eyes tight, "grandfather."

"WHAT?!" Janyuu said in a loud tone of voice. The sisters ran into the dining room and asked what happened. "Rinchei, bring your sisters to the park, I REALLY need the apartment to only me and Jen."

"Ooo, Jen your in trouble." Jaarin taunted as Lee looked down and shook his head.

"Go now." Janyuu said firmly to the sisters. The Lee siblings walked out of the apartment building.

Janyuu got up and looked out of the window, trying to constrain most of his anger. He looked down and turned around to face his son "Jen, have we taught you anything? You know you are too young to be having sex with some girl! It's even worse that you didn't tell any of us about your girlfriend. Dammit, and I seriously doubt that you thought of using a condom!"

Jenrya was shocked at first when he heard his father say a curse word, since he really never heard him curse before. "I…I'm sorry dad."

"Sorry doesn't cut it Jen!" Janyuu slammed his hands; palms first, on the dining room table in front of Jenrya, "were you even responsible enough to think about the consequences of sex before you did it?" Lee looked down to the table again, "look at me Jen, did you or did you not think about them."

"I did," Jen looked up again to face his father eye to eye, "and I accepted those consequences. I had sex with her because I love her. We both made this decision."

"And your next question, did you THINK about protection?" Janyuu asked harshly.

"No…" Jen answered the question. Janyuu waited for a reason, but it wasn't spoken.

"Why?"

"Because…" Jen paused again.

"Well…"

"Because, I couldn't. She was in the middle of Heat."

"What?" Janyuu was puzzled by his son's response, "well, did you even tell her parents yet?"

"That's a problem too, she doesn't have any parents…" Jenrya said. Janyuu became infuriated.

"What the hell! Jen, did you pick up a prostitute?!" Janyuu asked angrily.

"N...no dad," Jen said timidly.

"Then what do you mean `no parents?'" Janyuu asked, now more confused than before. Lee looked out the window behind his father one more time before telling his father the real reasons. Lee let out a big sigh.

"That's why I told you first Dad, because I know you are the only one who can help me." Jen looked up at his dad. Janyuu had a confused look on his face, "dad, my girlfriend is a digimon." Janyuu's eyes grew large, and sat down on a chair.

"W…what?" Janyuu asked in confusion.

Jenrya gave out a big sigh and started to tell his story, "I was surprised myself when I found out I fell in love with a digimon, but I realized that true love can be found anywhere, in any form."

"True," Janyuu said, thinking of something else to say, "How long have you been with this female digimon?"

"One year and a few days." Jenrya said.

"How long did you wait before having sex with her?"

"I prefer the term `mate…'"

"Same thing, answer my question."

"A full year, on our anniversary, a few days ago…" Jenrya said.

"That's good you waited that long," Janyuu said, "but why id you tell me first?"

"Because like I said, she is pregnant," Lee continued, "and I don't know what are child will be."

"Digimon or human…" Janyuu said in thought, "I'm sorry, I don't have an answer Jen. But before anything else, let me meet this digimon you're in love with."

Jenrya agreed and he gave Renamon the go ahead to appear in his apartment. A moment later, Renamon was in the apartment looking at Janyuu.

Renamon bowed in respect, "Janyuu-san, I am you son's mate."

"Aren't you," Janyuu thought, "that girl, Ruki, Ruki's digimon?"

"Yes," Renamon answered the question, "and I love your son very much."

"I can see that," Janyuu looked to his son, "I also heard you two are having a child. I'm sorry I cannot help you there, but I do know someone who can help you."

A few moments later, Terriermon, along with Lopmon walked in and saw the three silent. "Whoa, did I miss something?"

"Terriermon." Jenrya saw him at the corner of his eye.

"Jen!" Terriermon jumped up onto Jen's head.

"Where'd Suichon go?" Lopmon asked.

"She's at the park with her sister and brother," Janyuu answered Lopmon's question, "back to this pregnancy thing…"

"All right Jen!" Terriermon yelled out.

"Ahem, as I was saying, Jen, we'll keep this from your mother right now," Janyuu said, "Until we find out what my grandkid will be." Janyuu smirked.

"But how are we going to find out what he or she will be?" Jenrya asked his father.

"Shibumi." Janyuu said, "he was always the one we considered to go this far with the Digimon project."

"Shibumi?" the whole group said in unison.

"Yeah," Janyuu said, "he was always saying his future plans if the digimon project was successful. And creating a Hybrid was one of those plans. Jen, Renamon meet me in the park. I need to do some business before I take you two to Shibumi."

Just then, Jenrya's mother came home. Renamon quickly disappeared and Terriermon and Lopmon had to act like stuffed animals again.

"Don't worry, I won't say anything yet…" Janyuu whispered into Jenrya's ear, "but she'll know eventually."

"Thanks Dad." Jenrya whispered back. Mrs. Lee entered and stepped on Terriermon. Jenrya saw Terriermon's face cringe in pain.

"Oy!" Mrs. Lee tripped over Terriermon, "darn Suichon and her toys. Where is she?"

"Hi dear," Janyuu greeted his wife as he told Jenrya to grab Terriermon and Lopmon and get out of there. Jenrya followed instructions and grabbed Terriermon and Lopmon and got out of the apartment.

~*~

Lee made his way to the park to give Lopmon to his sister, and to meet Renamon. Janyuu told the two to meet in the park, and since his sisters were there, he might as well drop off Lopmon. Renamon met Lee half way and the couple made their way to the park. Suddenly, they run into Juri, who looks like she didn't sleep for days.

"Hi Juri," Lee greeted his good friend and fellow Tamer, "you look terrible. Are you okay?"

"Hi Lee, Renamon," Juri greeted back, "I know I look bad. That's because I haven't slept at all since yesterday. Lee, I…I'm pregnant." Juri broke down crying. Lee went up to her to comfort her.

"It's okay," Lee comforted Juri, "everything is going to be fine. I found out yesterday I'm going to be a father, and Renamon is also pregnant."

"B…but the child, it won't have a father." Juri said shakily.

"Leomon's child…" Renamon said. Juri looked up at Renamon and nodded.

"I see," Lee helped up Juri from the ground, "Don't worry, and come with us. My father is going to take us to his friend Shibumi and he'll answer all our questions."

"I…I think I also hurt Ryo's feelings…" Juri also confessed what happened the night before when she pushed Ryo to the ground.

"We'll take care of that later," Lee said, "first we'll find out what our children will be."

The three walked to the park to meet Janyuu, Jenrya's father, who would take them to Shibumi, who would soon explain what their offspring would become. They met Janyuu and he drove the two Tamers over to Shibumi's home while Renamon preferred to run. At first, Janyuu was asking why Juri was with them, and she told about Leomon and how she too was pregnant. Before long, they were at Shibumi's home.

~*~

Janyuu rang the doorbell and Shibumi answered the door.

"Lee Janyuu," Shibumi greeted with a smile, "how long has it been my old friend?"

"Too long." Janyuu smiled back at his old friend. Shibumi invited all of them into his home, which was ultimately filled with computers. But other than that, it seemed like a normal home.

"What can I do for you Janyuu? Want a drink? Food?" Shibumi acting like a polite host asked his guests.

"No thank you." The whole group said.

"Okay, so what's up?" Shibumi asked.

"Shibumi," Janyuu changed his voice tone to a more serious one, "do you remember what you would have done, like additional experiments, if the Digimon Project WAS successful?"

"Of course," Shibumi got up and walked to his computer, "I saved them all on my computer. Every additional experiment I wanted to do with digimon." Shibumi looked though thousands of data files describing his experiments that he never did that he wanted to do. All were pertaining to digimon.

"Do you remember your `digimon Hybrid Theory' that you always wanted to test, but couldn't since the budget couldn't handle it?" Janyuu asked.

"Of course, how could I forget? It would have been my pride and joy if I ever got to testing it," Shibumi pulled up a screen on his monitor with a lot of text and big bold letters at the top saying "Digital Hybrid Theory," "Are you interested in it?"

"Actually, very," Janyuu looked at Jenrya, "considering it may tell me if my grandchild is human…"

"What?" Shibumi raised an eyebrow as he looked at Janyuu.

"You met my son, Jenrya, helped save the digital world, and now he may be the first father of a hybrid…" Janyuu put his arm around Jen's shoulder.

"Amazing," Shibumi looked at Jenrya with a surprised look, "your telling me you mated with a digimon species?"

"Exactly." Jenrya said.

"Who, or what, digimon has the ability to mate with a human?" Shibumi asked the blue haired boy.

"My girlfriend, well sort of," Jenrya smiled, "Renamon." Renamon appeared out of thin air beside Jenrya.

"Shibumi-san," Renamon bowed in respect.

"Astounding," Shibumi was still surprised, "are you all telling me that digimon have the physical ability to MATE with a human? I still don't believe it. I always believed that digimon were asexual, which was neither male nor female. I never expected digimon to evolve from a simple code of data to a species capable of mating."

"No one did," Renamon said, "but we digimon evolved, not in terms of levels of fighting, but the same way as humans. We started off as your simple code…"

"I understand," Shibumi spoke, "but that's what my Digital Hybrid Theory tested, if you digimon are capable of mating with other species or even themselves. This is very overwhelming for me." Shibumi took a seat next to his computer and started to look up past files showing his results. "Here we are, look at this." Shibumi clicked up a file explaining his test results of one day.

It read: "Today was quite odd. Observations show that the digimon are working quite well, but one thing puzzles me. Are these artificial intelligent beings capable of producing offspring? Or do they simply re-build after dying, or in their case `deleting.' I have noticed that when they were freshly programmed, they would just float around. But after adding this newly developed `gender creating' code, they seem to take liking to others, particularly to the opposite sex of their own, similar to humans. I have noticed that a particular female dubbed digimon, which I have dubbed `Koromon,' has been growing quite fond of another male digimon, for which I have not dubbed yet but is of the opposite sex. But, there is one digimon, for which I have also not dubbed yet, that has not been attracted to any other digimon on the same grid but is still a gender. From what I can tell, it is female. All have the same code, and most have been attracted to others, but there is one particular one that has not took a liking to any. Is this new discovery another revelation in the gender evolution of digimon? I will find out soon, for I have made it a goal to prove my newly explored Theory, my Digital Hybrid Theory.

"Hmmm," Renamon started to think, "so all our ancestors were more or less attracted to the opposite sex."

"Except for one," Shibumi turned to Renamon, "I have strong belief that that particular digimon was your ancestor."

"But, if you said digimon were similar to humans, then attraction should not be a trait right?" Renamon said.

"I believed that too," Shibumi looked at Renamon again, "but I was proved wrong. Here, read this." Shibumi clicked on another file from his journal of findings.

It read: "I have started my experiments on digimon to prove my Digital Hybrid Theory. I believe that ones who are not attracted to other genders of digimon, may be attracted to other species. Especially since we have programmed the code for genders in the shadows of ourselves, the humans. And for this experiment, I have chosen to use the Koromon and `Monomon,' which was the one that was not attracted to any other digimon. I then used a code that seemed very similar to a human strand of DNA from myself, since both were female. Results were what I have expected, at first the Koromon examined it and turned it away, while the Monomon took some interest in the code and actually absorbed it, from which I can tell seems to be how they mate. This form may evolve over time, but it is hard to tell right now. The digimon has taken the bait, now all we have to do is wait and find out what happens…

"Interesting," Jen said as he read the digital diary, "so what happened?"

"We ran out of budget." Shibumi said sadly, "everything had to be deleted, including the test subjects, Monomon and Koromon, but I did keep my records. Strangely, you digimon survived after all digimon were destroyed, probably by floating data…"

"And some of that floating data had Information from those ancient digimon." Renamon finished Shibumi's sentence.

"Correct," Shibumi stood up, "I've been putting off this experiment for many years."

"So," Jenrya asked anxiously, "will our child be a human and digimon?"

"I'm sorry," Shibumi apologized, "I was getting to that. There is no definite answer. Based on my own Theory, I believe that your child will be both. Especially since we made the basic codes of the digimon compatible to merge with human DNA. A little defect we threw in there for future experiments." Janyuu nodded his head remembering the defect. Everyone else looked around in a confused manner, "Let me explain, a basic rule in Biology are the rules of Dominate and Recessive genes; you know, Punnett Squares. Now, most Digimon genes are the dominant genes; for example, if a parent digimon is a vaccine, or in your case a data, then the offspring will be a vaccine, or in your case data. Since Jenrya is not a digimon, your child will have some traits of a data digimon, but will ultimately have a body shape of a human, which dominates over the recessive gene of a fox shape. But your child will have some elements of the mothering digimon, such as the pointy ears, a tail, and fur. The dominant genes from the human will also take a role in the decision of your child. I see that the blue hair is a dominate gene of your male side of the family Jen, so your child will ultimately have yellow and white fur, a tail, and fox like ears with your blue hair and your eyes. One more thing, since your child will get most of its genes from the human of the parents, your child will most likely be a male. This is because human chromosomes are more powerful than the programmed `gender codes.'"

"So you are saying our child will be a male hybrid digimon?" Renamon asked.

"Not necessarily, this is all theory. But it does seem logical, or at least in my point of view." Shibumi explained.

"At first we weren't planning to breed humans and digimon, but it was a novel idea that many have never thought of before." Janyuu spoke up.

"How about me…" Juri spoke up for the first time since they got there.

"Were you impregnated by a digimon?" Shibumi asked.

"Yes, I was impregnated by a Leomon…" Juri looked down again.

"Same rules apply, but there are a few differences," Shibumi started to explain, "first of all, your child will most likely be a female and it will take longer for you to give birth since a human is a carrier of the baby. It will not take Renamon very long, although still a significant amount of time, before she gives birth. Your child, though, will resemble more of the characteristics of the Leomon you mated with, since the digimon was a male. But other than that, you will be fine and everything will work out."

"Very interesting, to say the least," Jenrya said, "another question, will our child grow as aging or Evolution?"

"That was another puzzle I tried to solve, but couldn't," Shibumi said, "In theory, your child will grow normally like a human child, since it is part of the dominate gene H. H for human. But it does have the power to Evolve, the same evolution as her mother. If I am correct these are Evolution, Evolution II, and Matrix Evolution. So, your children will have the best of both worlds. He will be able to evolve and De-evolve anytime when he learns how and he will be able to grow up like a human. But we must wait until he is born to clarify that. Any other questions?"

"No, thank you." Renamon, Jenrya, and Juri said in unison.

"This will b quite interesting indeed," Shibumi smiled at the three, "if you have any questions about your pregnancies or anything on digimon, don't hesitate to ask me, or Jen ask your father. He knows as much as I do."

Janyuu smirked at Shibumi, "I wish I did." Janyuu thanked Shibumi, "Come on kids, I'll take you home. Renamon, I need to talk to you and Jen later."

Shibumi showed his guests to the door. They all thanked him again and left. Renamon ran and Janyuu took Juri and his son home. "See you guys later." Shibumi waved goodbye to his guests as he closed the door to his home and Janyuu drove off. `Hmmm, this will be quite interesting…' Shibumi thought.

~*~

After Janyuu dropped off Juri by her home, Janyuu started talking to his son.

"Jen," Janyuu said as he drove, "there is a tradition in our family…"

"Well, Dad, we have a lot of traditions." Jenrya said back.

"You didn't let me finish," Janyuu didn't take his eyes off the road for a second, "a tradition that you marry the one you have sex with. Since your mate is considered the one you spend your whole life with."

Jenrya's eyes widened as he realized what he was going to say, "so does this mean…"

"Yes Jen, you have to marry Renamon. I'll probably tell her later too and you will have to hear it again, but I'll go through more detail later." Janyuu said. Jenrya just sat there, not knowing what to do or to say.

~*~*~

---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction