Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Acceptance (Part 3) ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: I have achieved the impossible! I have finished this chapter before the New Year! And this means that it's a Christmas (or Holiday) present from myself. Too bad one of my Beta-Readers/Critics went off for the holidays, but that's okay, its good to spend time with family. Anyway, sorry for the two-month wait, but here it is…ON TO THE STORY!!!

Chapter 14: Acceptance (Part 3)

(Sunday Morning)

Renamon slowly opened her eyes to a small crack, and her eyes slowly opened to a dim light. She felt her silk-like fur rub up against the softness of whatever she was laying on. The Tao Fox still couldn't figure out where she was as many thoughts raced through her mind faster than she could rethink them, `where am I, who brought me here, why am I here, who wanted me, am I in the Digital World?' Renamon's mind was in a constant chatter, and her thoughts raced by as she slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes were the only muscles she could move in her body as she tried to move her arms, but failed to do so. Renamon then heard a voice from her left side.

"You know your eyes are beautiful," the voice complimented, "that spirit, that strong fighting, feminine spirit shimmers in your eyes like burning stars in the Real World." The voice Renamon still tried to decipher lead off as she heard the rattle of objects made out to be wood, beside what she was laying on. The yellow Fox finally found the strength to lift her head and look around the room she was in. "Ah, I see that you are feeling better?" The voice asked as Renamon peeked around the room with her half-open eyes.

"Who are you?" Renamon asked wearily, "Where am I?"

The familiar voice was hushed for a long 30 seconds, but then he spoke again, "If you are not able to tell your surroundings yet, then you need more rest."

"I don't," Renamon retorted, yet she knew the voice was concerned about her, "now are you going to tell me who you are or not?" Renamon asked, still not being able to move her arms.

"My dear Rena," the voice said calmly and lovingly, "oh how I longed to be with you once again, yet I couldn't. How long has it been?" The mysterious voice was accompanied by a shadowy figure. A hand tilted Renamon's head slightly to an angle, yet it was done with care to the Yellow Fox's surprise. "Do not be alarmed."

Immediately, Renamon realized that the figure could only be one personality, one being, one digimon. "Why did you bring me here? I thought you were deleted…"

"Save your strength, Rena," the voice asked in a caring manner, "I will explain everything when you are better."

"I am better," Renamon tried to push up to a sitting position, but even her bones ached with the slightest twitch. Renamon gritted her teeth as she tried again, but the shadowy figure rested his warm hand on "Rena's" forehead to ease her down to a laying position once again. The mysterious figure softly muzzled Renamon's neck softly.

"What are you doing?" Renamon asked, somewhat angrily.

"Do not fear, I will not mate with you, for you already have a mate, and I wouldn't want to do something you are not comfortable with," the figure assured, "I just wish I could be your mate."

Renamon kept silent. She knew this figure wanted to be her mate; it was obvious, yet she still wanted answers. Renamon was angry that she didn't receive any, and the added fact that this figure wanted to be her mate, "Why am I here? Answer me!"

The mysterious figure continued his treatment on Renamon's neck. "I will answer all your questions when you are able to move and get up freely, and hopefully it's soon." The voice said, "I have so much to tell you…" He stopped, and Renamon could hear him rise to his feet, "Take care right now, Rena. You'll be fine." Renamon then heard him walk away from the bed that she laid on. She opened her eyes slightly to see only a dark figure with a white piece of clothing.

Renamon sighed, `I thought he was deleted, and now he shows up again and I find myself unable to move? I need to find out what is happening, and get back to Jenrya…'

~*~

Janyuu was lying on the grass of the Digital World, sleeping. Terriermon, on the other hand, was already up, wide awake, thanks to the blue-haired Lee's loud, chronic snoring. `Geez, you would think a human wasn't capable of making such a loud, annoying noise…' Terriermon gritted his teeth and folded his ears over to try to block the glass-shattering noise made by Janyuu. The dog-bunny stuttered away from the slumbering Janyuu, trying to not hear his snoring while in the process.

Terriermon climbed the small hill in front of him to get on the other side, where he knew he could have some thinking time to himself as his "partner in crime" got his extra weekend hours of sleep. He sat down on the grass of the Digital World and looked up to watch the huge inner world of the Digital Universe, with its beautiful, yet dangerous, data streams shooting out of its core. "It has been such a long time since the D-Reaper incident," Terriermon pondered as he put his short, stubby claws behind his head to rest on them, "and since then, there hasn't been anything else for any of us to do. Except…" Terriermon paused for a moment, "to do the things Jen and the others always talked about when things were the way they were. To make friends, play for fun, not to fight, and to fall in love…" Terriermon's eyes shimmered as tears slowly produced in his eyes. `Am I…' Terriermon reached for his eye and wiped the salty tear away from his cheek. He stared at it as if it was some foreign, strange substance from neither worlds, but it was Terriermons' fear, his own tears, "why am I crying?"

"You're afraid of change," a voice spoke from behind Terriermon. Terriermon was startled and popped up very fast and saw that it was Janyuu. Janyuu slowly started to walk down to where Terriermon was, "Both of us are afraid of change, that's why we're doing this crazy plan." Janyuu explained, "I realized that, and you finally did as well." Janyuu rubbed his unshaven, unkempt chin, and it made a sound similar to wood on sandpaper. "But now, since we both are afraid of change, the question is, are we willing to hinder that change?"

Terriermon looked at the ground in thought, "Tao," Terriermon called Janyuu by the name the Wild Bunch knew him as, "let's go." Terriermon started walking up the hill again, with mixed emotions and thoughts flying through his head. Terriermon was thoroughly confused and somewhat distraught after thinking about the purposes of this mission. He wiped his tears away as he continued his mission.

Janyuu watched the Dog-Bunny climb up the less-than-steep grassy hill and followed him, keeping silent.

~*~

Karen looked out her bedroom window at the early morning city of West Shinjuku. Like the other Tamers, Karen lived in the apartment complexes, only with her older brother of the age 24, Jack. She threw her brunette, shoulder-length hair behind her ears as she stared out the window in thought. `Hm, wonder what that Kenta guy had to do yesterday…' Karen stared out her window in thought. "Must have been important," Karen said to herself.

"What had to be important?" a voice asked from behind. Karen was caught by surprise and her daydreaming came to an abrupt end.

"Jack!" she yelled, "don't come blasting into my room like that! It scares me."

Jack blinked, "sorry Karen," Jack apologized, "but breakfast is ready."

"Good, what're we having?" Karen asked, hungrily.

"Pancakes," Jack answered as he walked back into the kitchen, "and there's some left-over food from what I cooked as well rice if you want that."

`Eh, maybe I can give that to Devidramon,' Karen giggled to herself. The brown-haired Tamer popped her head out of her door and called out to her older brother, "alright, sounds good, I'll be there in a few minutes." Karen slipped on her house slippers and ran to the bathroom to wash up a little. She then ran out of the bathroom, past the Virgin Mary located in their hallway, and to the apartment's kitchen and dining room, where she smelt the rich smell of the hot-cakes fresh off the griddle and the awkward smell of leftovers. She took a seat at the small dining room table. Jack took the seat across from her, and they began to eat.

"You doing anything today?" Karen asked as she stabbed at part of the short stack.

"Just finalizing some bills that have to be paid," Jack answered. He ate leftovers, "you doing anything today?"

"Just exploring the city a little more," Karen answered.

Jack smiled at his little sister, "take care of yourself," Jack said, "West Shinjuku is a huge city, wouldn't want you to get lost. And get home early, school starts tomorrow…"

"Yeah, yeah…" Karen nonchalantly said as she took a bite out of the pancakes, "and don't worry, I'll be fine, and I got the cell phone, so I won't get lost."

"Good," Jack smiled. The silence returned as they ate the rest of their breakfast. Jack, being the more optimistic one of the two and always thinking ahead and followed important dates went ahead and brought up the subject of their parents, "you know, tomorrow would have been Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary…"

Karen stopped eating the pancakes on her plate. The Brunette girl abruptly dropped her fork onto her plate, making a loud clank noise against the porcelain and thick maple syrup. She had some kind of stupor, stoic look on her face, as if she was struck with a bullet in her heart. "Mom…Dad…" Karen stuttered out the words.

Jack looked on as his sister felt the pain of the loss of her parents, and Karen's face contorted, "I'm sorry, Karen," Jack apologized, "I didn't mean to…"

Karen got up from the table and left without saying another word to Jack, and stayed in her room once again, to be alone.

~*~

Jenrya and Ruki were just emerging from a digital cave they spent the night in, searching for Renamon. Jenrya stretched as he walked around to get the feel of his legs once again, but he didn't plan on dwelling in the cave for long, he was determined to find Renamon. Lee knew that he was prepared for another day of searching and he already has a suspect to the kidnapping of his mate.

Jenrya looked back into the cave and called for Ruki, "Ruki, its time to go, we have to look for Renamon." Jenrya said with a tone of confidence, yet fear.

Ruki yawned as she walked out of the cave, "Yeah, let's go." Ruki looked at her D-Arc, hoping that she could pick up a trace of Renamon on her scanner, but to no avail, as she anticipated. "Looks like we have to look for Renamon without the help of the D-Arc." Ruki commented.

"I figured so." Jenrya said blankly. He wasn't really paying any attention to his surroundings, he stayed focused on finding Renamon and that was it.

Ruki looked at Jen sympathetically, "I know you miss her," Ruki said, "I do too, don't worry. Renamon knows how to defend herself."

"But she's pregnant," Jenrya turned around, a little frustrated. He realized he snapped on Ruki, "I'm sorry, your right. I do miss her, and we'll get her back." Lee apologized, and tried to return to his quiet, optimistic self.

"Look, we both know who kidnapped Renamon, so all we have to do is to find where he's keeping her." Ruki pointed out, "It shouldn't be that hard to find him, probably in another `castle.'" Ruki joked about the subject, but the half-Chinese lover of Renamon kept quiet and focused. `Okay, I'll stop right now…'

`Renamon, why'd you have to get kidnapped when you were pregnant?' Jenrya thought as he continued walking, with Ruki walking not far behind.

~*~

It was mid-morning by the time Ryo and Juri finally arose, spending a night in the Akiyama Foster Parents home. Ryo was the first to wake, and he made his way to the hallway right outside of his bedroom, where both of the teens stayed. The young Legendary Tamer opened his door slowly and with great caution as to not wake up his sleeping girlfriend. Akiyama snuck out of the dim room into the brighter hallway. Two windows were located in the wide, yet short, hallway and the sun shined through both of them. Ryo shaded his eyes as if he was standing outside as he made a trip to the bathroom.

When he closed the door to the bathroom after using it, his Foster-father bumped into him. "Good morning Ryo," Akiyama's foster father greeted, "you get a good night sleep?"

"Yep," Ryo stretched his hands above his head.

"How about Juri?" Kenshin went on to ask.

"Slept like a baby," Ryo said as he walked back to his room, "Don't think she was bothered the whole night, which is good for her, and better for the baby."

"That's good," Kenshin smiled, "it may be a little cold, but there's some breakfast on the table for both you and Juri."

"Thanks," Ryo thanked as he slowly walked back to his room, "guess its time to wake up Juri." Kenshin nodded and walked off on his way.

Ryo crept back into the dark room where both he and Katou spent the night. Ryo always thought sneaking around was a tedious act, and he hated doing it, but when his girlfriend was pregnant, the Legendary Tamer changed many of his habits. He tiptoed over to Juri and kneeled down by her side. He smiled a soft smile as he looked down at the slumbering pregnant young girl.

"Juri, time to wake up," Ryo gently whispered into the teenage girl's ear. Katou mumbled soft murmurs of incoherent, cryptic morning talk. Ryo smiled again and shook his head, "come on, food is already on the table."

"Mmm Hmm…" Juri incoherently mumbled, "okay…"

A few minutes later, Juri walked out into the dining room of the apartment. The three members of the Akiyama Family turned to see the brown-haired girl, but Juri wasn't nervous at all. She saw Ryo as her best friend and saw his family as her own; she was actually glad to see that all three cared for her so much as to take her into the small apartment as if she was part of the family. And she knew that she would be soon enough.

"Good morning all." Juri greeted cheerfully, yet with a little sleep still hinting in her voice.

"Hello Juri," Yuko was sitting at the table as she greeted the young girl. "I see that you got some good rest?"

"Yes, thank you." Juri took a seat at the table by Ryo. She looked across to both foster parents, "I have a question, why are both of you so nice to me when I just met you yesterday?"

The two foster parents looked at each other for a moment; then Yuko was the first to answer, "besides the fact that you are holding our future granddaughter, its because you are in love with Ryo, and we won't turn a cold shoulder on Ryo and what he supports."

"And you," Juri turned to Ryo, "when are we actually going to face my father again?"

Ryo sweat dropped, "Er, well, I don't know yet…"

"You having trouble with your father accepting your choices and the situation you're in right now?" Kenshin asked Juri.

"Unfortunately yes," Juri looked slightly down at the table top, "he's hard-headed and very protective of me."

"Hm, let me have a talk with your father." Kenshin thought of an idea of having a "father-to-father" talk.

"You don't have to, I'll try to reason with him…" Juri said.

"No, I insist," Kenshin smiled, "I know it may not be my place to talk with your father, but I will do it, because I was in the same situation as you are Juri and Ryo…" Kenshin put his arm around Yuko.

"Yes, Ryo's foster father and myself had a few parental difficulties we had to go through before getting married." Yuko said.

"Are you sure, I mean, it might be too much trouble…" Juri warned, but Kenshin gave a friendly wave of his hand, implying "its okay."

"No, its fine," Kenshin said as he stood up, "now, you live in West Shinjuku right?"

"Yes." Juri replied, somewhat sheepishly after what Ryo's foster parent was willing to do.

"Alright," Kenshin looked at the wall clock hanging on the kitchen wall, "its about 1:00 so we'll leave in a few minutes, is that okay?"

"Yeah, dad, its alright." Ryo answered for the both of them. Kenshin left the kitchen, only leaving Ryo, Juri, and Yuko at the table.

"Is your mother okay with you being pregnant?" Yuko asked as she rested her chin on her palms, being supported by elbows.

"Actually, she is," Juri said, with a half surprised tone, "at first I thought she wouldn't be, but I soon found out that she was."

Yuko smiled, "I know, sometimes mothers can be more accepting than a father, and vice versa…" She sighed, "Personally, I had mixed reactions when I first heard that Ryo impregnated a girl." The short, brown-haired woman chuckled, "the first thought the popped into my head was "first he saves the world, now he's going to be a father before 20?""

"Yeah, I knew I would be a handful didn't I?" Ryo chuckled.

"You sure were." Yuko smiled at her adopted son, "and see how far you are now in your life, but one question. What will happen when school starts?"

"Whoa, Mom, one step at a time…" Ryo said jokingly.

Yuko folded her arms, "well, Ryo, you got one day to figure out what to do."

"What? Why?" Ryo asked.

"Because school starts tomorrow, for all schools in Japan." Yuko informed Ryo. Ryo's eyes bulged.

"You can't be serious…" Ryo was shocked that school is almost starting.

"I know you haven't been to school for three or four years because of that "Digimon thing,"" Yuko gave Ryo a stare only a mother could give, "but you aren't getting out of it this year."

"But what if Juri goes into labor, what am I going to do?" Ryo asked frantically, for he hated school.

"Your foster father or myself will call you out of class," Yuko informed Ryo of the plans that were already planned out, "don't try excuses, your foster father and I already worked out every scenario."

"Can I at least attend the same school as Juri…?" Ryo asked, but was interrupted by Juri before his foster mother could answer.

"Wait, how can I go to school if I'm pregnant?" Juri asked.

"Um, well…" Ryo sweat dropped, "I guess you got a point."

"Ryo, this is what will happen," Yuko looked at both teens before speaking, "since it will only be three days, your father and I will take our sick days from work just to look over both of you in West Shinjuku. Besides, we don't go there a lot, so it'll be good to go for three days."

"Awww…" Ryo moaned, "Do I really have to go to school?"

Yuko gave Ryo a stern look and folded her arms, "just because you are a "Legendary Master" or whatever people call you doesn't mean it should take away from your education."

"But mom…" Ryo tried to reason, but he was hushed.

"That is final." Yuko firmly said.

"Alright, let's go." Kenshin called out, "Remember, you two have our full support, and soon," Kenshin looked at Juri, "we'll get your parents' support as well." The three at the table got up and left the apartment to venture down to the city of West Shinjuku, where their most difficult problem lies.

~*~

`Since when did I have to do my own school supply shopping?' Kenta asked himself as he pushed the shopping cart sluggishly down the isles of the huge office supply store. `And why the hell did they make this store so big?' Kenta sighed as he nonchalantly took a package of #2 pencils from the rack and threw it into the cart, not bothering to stop and look at it. `Bleah, I hate this type of shopping…' Kenta grabbed a protractor and threw it in with a ruler. Kenta continued his tedious school supplies shopping until he was ready to pay for all of his supplies.

He took a place in line and waited. The green-haired boy started looking around, and then stared out the large window and started to daydream. `I remember when at this time of the year, I only thought about school, now I got Hirokazu and that Karen girl on my mind, especially with all that happened throughout the past few weeks and months. Damn! What ever happened to the others, like Takato, Hirokazu, Juri, hell even Miki, heading to the beach for vacation? Or buying ice cream? OR HAVING NO IDEA WHEN YOUR FRIEND WAS TRYING TO COME ONTO YOU!?!? Why does life have to be so…hey kid!'

The impatient cashier and the long irate line behind him abruptly broke up Kenta's daydreaming. "Kid, PLEASE bring your cart up to the cashier." Kenta looked behind himself to see the crowd looking at him as one angry mob.

Kenta sweat dropped, "Uh, sorry."

~*~

Karen moped around the city. The comment brought up by her older brother earlier stuck in her head throughout the whole day, as if it couldn't go away. `Why did Jack have to bring them up…?' Karen asked herself constantly, yet she would get the same answer she was always given, silence. The brunette-haired girl walked silently through the small crowds of the city, not really noticing her whereabouts and where she was. She looked down at her watch, `2:30…has it been that long already?' Karen looked up again to see that she was at the tranquil West Shinjuku Park, surrounded by bustling city streets filled with honking cars and the aspects of urban living. She walk into the park and stared at the trees, for they were turning the colors of autumn, and then she remembered, `oh no, I forgot, there's school tomorrow!'

"Hey Karen." A voice came from behind Karen. She jerked around quickly to see who greeted her. It was Kenta, holding a few plastic bags filled with several school supplies. A smile crept onto the Brunette-hair girls' face, for seeing her newly acquainted friend.

"Hey…er…Kenta, right?" Karen walked over to him.

Kenta smiled and nodded, "yep, Kenta. So, what're you doing out in the park alone?"

"I just needed some time to think…" Karen's smile turned into a slight frown, "a lot happened and some bad memories came back and they bummed me out."

"Hm, okay," Kenta placed the bags at his feet and took off his glasses to polish it with his shirt, "do you need company?" Karen didn't say anything, just looked at Kenta. Kenta looked up from cleaning his glasses "I'm sorry, did I say something?"

The smile returned, "not at all. Thank you."

"For what?" Kenta asked as he put his glasses back on and adjusted them.

"Nothing…" Karen answered as she smiled to herself. Kenta picked up the bags of supplies and started walking with his new friend.

"So, where's Devidramon?" Kenta asked.

"Not sure, probably just hovering over us, can't really tell when he's around." Karen answered as she stared down at her walking feet.

"Ah, Marineangemon is somewhere…" Kenta looked around, "where is that little pipsqueak anyway?" he then shrugged, "ah well, I'll find him sometime…"

Karen giggled, "I see you and your digimon have a strong relationship."

"I like to think of it more of a friendship other than a Tamer-Digimon relationship." Kenta said, "Besides, I'm the only one who can actually understand him."

"Devidramon and my relationship was actually past friendship, it's been always past friendship. It's like those war romances, soldier gets injured, and nurse nurses him back to health and in the process falls in love…" Karen explained as Kenta listened to every word, "I love him so much."

"I can see why," Kenta looked up into the sky, "hey isn't that him right now?"

Karen looked up and saw her black-winged lover up above, "Come on, lets go catch up to him!" Karen started running towards the opening where only a single tree stood, surrounded by a pond of some sort.

"Wait up!" Kenta yelled as he took a firmer grasp of his bags of school necessities and ran after Karen. The two teens finally reached a clearing where only the one lone tree, and largest tree stood, surrounded by concrete and a small fountain to the right of it. Devidramon landed in front of them, with all fours on the ground. Karen greeted him with a smile on her face. She walked up to the giant dragon behemoth, reached up and pulled down his head, and kissed him passionately. Kenta sweat dropped, as he could not help to stare at the lovers and their "light make-out session." `Um, should I be here…?' the dark-green-haired kid thought as he started to look around frantically to distract his attention. He then started to hear small squeaks, and he could only see it as being one thing. "Hey, Karen, I'll, um, be back in a few…" Kenta stuttered as he ran over to where he could hear the voices of chatter.

Karen broke her kiss with the virus-type. She was happy to see her partner/lover, but suddenly broke into tears. Just seeing Devidramon unexpectedly reminded Karen of her parents.

"What's wrong Karen?" Devidramon asked in his raspy voice that would strike fear in any digimon pitted against him, yet loving to only his Tamer and lover, who were one of the same. Karen suddenly lunged out and hugged the large black dragon around the thick neck, covered with what seemed to be belts and belt buckles.

"I…It's nothing…" Karen spoke out, still shedding her tears. "I love you Devidramon…"

"Please tell me what's wrong Karen," Devidramon spoke.

"My…" Karen paused for a moment, `wait, digimon don't have parents, he wouldn't understand…' "It's nothing, just…nothing. Please, just stay with me right now…"

Devidramon was silent, but then spoke, "Okay, if that is your wish Karen…"

---

"Hey!" Kenta yelled out, "I know you're around here somewhere Marineangemon!"

"Pi Pu! (I'm here!)" Marineangemon squeaked loudly.

"What in the world are you doing here…?" Kenta said as he made his way though the semi-thick shrubbery of West Shinjuku Park.

"Pi Pip pii pippiu pu pi puu pi pup pi p (Guardromon said he needed to talk to me and you, desperately)," Marineangemon explained.

"Oh no, I hope Hirokazu is alright…" Kenta instinctively reacted.

"Are you here?" a voice asked, and both Tamer and Digimon realized it could only be Guardromon.

"Here!" Kenta called out, and Guardromon went into the little unseen clear part of the park, "what's wrong Guardromon?"

"Hirokazu has disappeared again…" Kenta and Marineangemon gasped as Guardromon quickly told the two of his Tamers' whereabouts.

"No, not again…" Kenta dropped his bags. He then turned to Marineangemon, "Marineangemon, go with Guardromon to scout the city and find Hirokazu."

"Pi, pi Pu pui? (Okay, but where are you going?)" Marineangemon asked as he turned around.

"I'm going to get some extra help," Kenta said as he ran back to the place where Karen and Devidramon were.

~*~

Renamon was regaining consciousness once again, like she did earlier, except this time, she was aware of her surroundings. The Tao Fox sat up slowly, and to her surprise, she found herself in some kind of luxurious master bedroom with her lying in a bed with a lavish gold and purple canopy hanging high over her head. None of these luxuries awed her. Her first instinct was to find the digimon that was giving her speeches when she was half conscious, "Where is he?" Renamon growled to herself, "Tried to say he loved me…and to have the nerve to say that he wishes I would pick him."

Renamon then jumped to her feet, and then discovered yet another strange thing. On her body was an ancient Egyptian type of dress, "what the…?" There was whispering outside the door, and Renamon concentrated on the sounds outside the door. She heard two digimon speaking to one another, `I think she's awake, better go tell the master.'

"Master?" Renamon whispered to herself, "How did he…?" The Tao Fox looked around the room, but all was a mystery to her. She only remembers hearing something while sitting in a tree a few days ago, then a blank picture after. A few minutes later, the large double doors on the other side of the room creaked open. Renamon turned around quickly to see two digimon she has never seen before hold the doors open, and a tall, ominous figure standing between the two. The dim candlelight from the halls outside the room revealed only the shadow of what the real figure was; yet Renamon wasn't worried or frightened the slightest. The dark digimon raised his hand slightly and snapped his fingers. He walked in and the two digimon who held the door open disappeared before Renamon could see who they were.

"Rena," he greeted, "you're finally awake…"

"What do you want from me?" Renamon was quick to ask questions.

He was silent for a moment, "I just want to be with you Rena. I have nothing else in this world…"

"How did you survive the implosion?" Renamon asked, "you and that insane human…"

The digimon started to walk forward slowly; "This is why I brought you here. I have changed after the blast, neither for good nor bad."

"What do you mean?" Renamon slowly backed away.

"I have become a new digimon, but at a price…" he walked into light, yet it only revealed half of his face. It seemed to be Anubimon, "I have become a second level of Ultimate, a level that only you and your humans could only reach by fusing as one."

"How?" Renamon was shocked. She thought only Ruki and the others had the ability to change into a higher level by fusing, "you don't have a Tamer or nothing."

Anubimon was silent for a moment and looked down, "That implosion of the castle…changed me forever. I was watching the castle turn into rubble from afar and I checked what was left of it when you were all gone. I found a human, an ACTUAL human in the rubble, barely alive. What surprised me even more was the presence of this device beside him." He rose up a D-Arc, colored in all back with gold lining around the screen.

Renamon gasped, "A D-Arc! But…how, that insane man hated digimon!"

Anubimon sighed, "he still does, yet he wants the power from my body, so he fused with me…"

Renamon stepped back slowly, "if you want a fight, I'll fight you once and for all…"

"I do not want to fight." Anubimon stated, "That would be the last thing I would want to do. But, sometimes HE takes over and he becomes we become this horrible, evil presence."

"Then, defuse with him." Renamon said.

"I cannot," Anubimon walked closer to the Tao Fox, "he fused permanently, for we hold this D-Arc, not me or him."

"What are you then?" Renamon asked, still shocked by the new Tamer.

"We…" his voice suddenly changed, "are Pharaoh Anubimon." He walked completely out of the shadows to show a completely different Anubimon. He had a Pharaoh-type head dress, a more elegant staff, golden plates of armor replaced his past clothing, and a golden face cover ran across only his eyes. "With this power, we will rule both worlds!"

"What…?" Renamon then realized it was the alter ego.

"That weakling digimon couldn't do shit without me!" Pharaoh Anubimon spoke, "he never used or even knew what this untapped power is."

"Get out of him!" Renamon yelled.

Pharaoh Anubimon laughed, "He'll never get rid of me! We are one, and we will bring great destruction until we rule both worlds! Now," Pharaoh Anubimon raised his staff, "prepare for battle!"

Renamon changed into a fighting position, `this isn't good, for me or the baby…'

~*~

Takato was working at Matsuda Bakery wearing the white apron and the hairnet, with his goggles to the side, `man, school starts tomorrow…' the Goggle-head thought as he kneaded some dough used for making bread rolls. `Hmm, I wonder where Ruki disappeared off to. When I called her house, her grandmother told me she went somewhere on some trip…' The bell connected to the door of the bakery went off, implying a customer. He heard his father greet the customer, "Hello, how may I…oh hello Hirokazu."

Takato stopped kneading the dough, "Hirokazu? Wonder why he's here…"

"Mr. Matsuda, can I talk to Takato?" Hirokazu asked.

"Sure," Takehiro turned around, "Takato! Hirokazu is here and he wants to talk to you."

"Alright," Takato left the dough and ran out to the front part of the Bakery, "what's up Hirokazu?"

"Hey, can I talk to you outside? It's kinda personal and I don't want your parents to know about it." Hirokazu asked.

"Um, sure, let me just take off all this bakers stuff and I'll meet you out there in a minute." Takato walked to the back of the bakery again. "Hey, Dad, I'm going to go with Hirokazu for a little, is that alright?"

"Sure, it's been slow today so I guess you can go." Takehiro gave Takato permission to spend the rest of the day with his friend.

Takato met Hirokazu outside the Bakery, goggles and everything. "So, what did you want to talk to me about Hirokazu?"

"I need to ask you something." Hirokazu told him quickly.

"Well, okay, what is it?" Takato asked.

"What would you do if your parents didn't accept a decision you made?" Hirokazu asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like," Hirokazu tried to re-word his point, "if you had a girlfriend, and your parents didn't accept her…"

Takato sweat dropped, `does he know about Ruki and I?' "First, I would ask why they were interested with who I go out with, and second, I would ask why they would have a potential problem with my girlfriend, if I had one…"

"Hmm, okay," Hirokazu, thought over Takato's words, "Thanks Chumly, see ya at school."

`Hope he keeps it a secret…' Takato sighed.

~*~

A car pulled up to the Katou Bar. It was still the peak of afternoon as Kenshin stepped out of the car. He closed the door to his car, but paused for a moment and looked at the two teens in the back, "aren't you two coming out?"

"Please, I don't want to see him right now," Juri answered.

"He isn't real favorable of me right now…" Ryo said.

Kenshin sweat dropped, "Fine, I'll do this man-to-man without him knowing you two are here."

Kenshin walked into the Katou Bar. The bar was filled with several tables and bar stools. It had a dim light and was musty, with several people in it. Some sat at the tables taking shots of sake and others were up at the bar, guzzling beers. `Man, I remember why I stopped coming to bars now.' Kenshin thought as he walked up to the bar and took a stool. The brooding, muscular bartender walked up to him, polishing a glass. Kenshin assumed that this must be Juri's father.

"So, what'll be?" Tadashi asked.

"Jack Daniels." Kenshin ordered. Tadashi took out a bottle from behind the counter and placed it down in front of him along with a shot glass.

"Here," Kenshin took the bottle and poured himself a shot before knocking it back, "haven't seen you in my bar before."

"Well, yeah, I'm from the Northern Provinces, down here for some," Kenshin tried to think of a reason he would be down in the city, "business."

"Yeah? What business?" Tadashi asked.

"Personal," Kenshin took another swig of his beer, "actually more of my child's needs."

"Got a kid?" Tadashi asked as he started polishing the beer mug again.

"Yeah, a son." Kenshin answered, "He got into a huge problem. Man, kids these days."

"Yeah, tell me about it." Tadashi sighed.

"You got a kid?" Kenshin was trying to lead into the real reason he was there.

"I don't want to talk about it." Tadashi placed his palms on the counter and looked down at it.

"Well, I got nothing to do," Kenshin said, "besides, it might make you feel better."

"None of your business." Tadashi said bluntly and started to walk to the other side of the bar.

"Oh, I think it pertains to both of us." Kenshin said, and Tadashi looked over his shoulder, "I know the problems your kid is having."

"Try me." Tadashi turned around.

"Look, it's a fact your kid has the same problem my kid does," Kenshin took another drink from his beer, "actually my kid very involved in your kid's problem."

"You…" Tadashi realized it could only be Ryo's father, "your that Ryo's father!"

Kenshin nodded, but then, Tadashi grabbed his shirt and jacket.

"Where's my daughter?" Tadashi asked in a threatening manner, "I know she's with your kid."

"Relax," Kenshin said, trying to alleviate the anger pitted up in Tadashi, "I'm here to talk father-to-father."

"Are you against it too?" Tadashi was quick to ask.

"No."

Tadashi released his grip on the goateed man, "It's a damn bad idea, how could you even support their decision?"

"Because I know that no matter how hard both of us tried, hell even with our wives on our side, they won't break," Kenshin explained, "we can do whatever we can, but they won't budge, and they're going to have the baby, no matter how many barriers we put between them.

Tadashi grunted, "That's no reason. My Juri is too young to even have a relationship, especially with someone like your kid."

"What do you mean by that?" Kenshin stood up.

"Nothing." Tadashi said. Kenshin became angrier, but he kept it in check.

"Look, we both have to accept what our kids decide, it may not be now, it may not be for a few years, but remember this," Kenshin poured himself one last shot and downed it, "you better accept and learn to live with the facts that our kids, both of our kids, grew up faster than normal kids. Hell, they were both involved with the whole D-Reaper incident, and they were both involved with saving the world. Think about that, before it's too late to change your mind." Kenshin threw down some money on the counter and left the bar.

Tadashi stared at the door after Kenshin left, then rested his palms down on the counter and stared at the hard wood again. "Humph…" Tadashi grunted and got back to work.

~*~

Kenshin got into the car quickly and drove away.

"How'd it go Dad?" Ryo asked.

"I'm sorry to say this Juri," Kenshin apologized in advance, "but your father is a very stubborn hot-head, but I think I daunted his armor of stubbornness."

"That's good," Juri smiled, "hopefully he'll accept us sooner or later."

~*~

`We've been walking for hours, and Terriermon doesn't even seem fazed, and he's been walking most of the time!' Janyuu thought as they continued to walk. Janyuu dragged his feet across the sand of the digital beach, and now his stubble on his face has almost grown to a beard and was physically and mentally tired. Terriermon, on the other hand, wasn't tired at all. He had fuel to help him continue, and he wasn't changed a bit by the long walk, `what will I do? I can't do what I originally planned, it might hurt Jen…'

"Terriermon," Janyuu panted, "wait."

Terriermon stopped and without turning around said, "what?"

"Something is bothering you isn't it?" Janyuu asked.

Terriermon sighed and turned around, "I don't know what to do anymore, Tao. I don't want Jen and Renamon to have their baby."

"Why not?" Janyuu asked.

"Why don't you?" Terriermon turned the question around.

"I," Janyuu thought for a moment, "well, because I didn't want to feel old, but now I realize that that will happen even if he doesn't have the baby…"

Terriermon looked at "Tao" for the longest time and the sound of the rippling waves on the beach could be heard in the background, "honestly, my reason was what you said this morning, I'm afraid of change."

"Why would you be afraid of change?" Janyuu asked.

"I thought me and Jen would look at each other differently and all that crap after he had this baby. I mean, he would have a child now and I was scared I would be pushed aside," Terriermon sighed as he looked down at the ground, "It's like I would be yesterday's news and expired coupons."

Janyuu sweat dropped, "Jen would never push you aside, he isn't like that. Trust me he would never push anyone aside like a piece of trash."

"Terriermon? Dad?" a voice was heard from a distance.

"Is that Jen?" Janyuu asked himself as he squinted to see into the distance.

"Dad!" Jenrya yelled again and ran towards them.

"It is Jen." Terriermon said. "Jen!"

The blue-haired boy ran the shoreline along with Ruki to the two runaways. "Dad, Terriermon, why did you two go to the Digital World? Mom is worried about you Dad."

"I know, but both Terriermon and I realized something we both tried to run away from." Janyuu hugged his son, "now we can head home…"

"Not just yet," Jenrya said, "we need to find Renamon."

"What? Renamon has gone missing?" both Terriermon and Janyuu gasped.

"We have an idea of who it is, we just have to find him…" Jenrya explained, "and since I found you two, we may have a fighting chance."

"Yeah, hopefully that evil loser didn't hurt Renamon," Ruki spoke out, "we have to get to her quickly, for both her sake and the baby's sake."

"Agreed," Terriermon said, "I found a reason for Renamon and Jen to be together, but too bad we don't got a lead to where you guys think the enemy is, um, if that makes sense to anyone."

Janyuu started to think and as he did, he looked towards the distance, "hey, is that a pyramid?"

"It is!" Jenrya yelled out, "that bastard has to be in there! Lets go!" The half-Chinese lover ran towards the destination, hoping that his love was there. The rest followed quickly.

~*~

Kenta continued to run around town, trying to find Hirokazu, until he finally ran into him. "Phew, there you are." Kenta sighed a sigh of relief.

Hirokazu blinked, "Were you looking for me?"

"It's because Guardromon told me that you were gone and he couldn't find you." Kenta explained.

"Eh," Hirokazu shrugged, "I just had to talk to Takato. You know, for advice."

"Ah, okay, guess Guardromon jumped the gun a little early there." Kenta laughed goofily.

"And here I though that you actually changed your mind and did want to hook up with me," Hirokazu put Kenta in a headlock, "eh, Chumly?"

"That is not funny." Kenta said as he lightly punched his friend in the gut to make him release, "I was about to introduce you to a friend of mine, but it's getting late. Guess you'll just meet her tomorrow at school."

"Ooh," Hirokazu taunted, "a girl?"

Kenta sweat dropped, "not in that way…awww, forget it, you'll meet her tomorrow. See ya tomorrow at school!" Kenta waved as he took his bag of supplies he dragged along all day and ran off home.

`Aww Damn! I forgot school tomorrow!' Hirokazu thought as he ran home.

~*~

The insane Pharaoh Anubimon knocked Renamon to the ground again. `Have…to…get offense…. going…' Renamon thought as she quickly leaped into the air, "Fox Leaf Arrowhead!"

"Fool!" Pharaoh Anubimon shouted as he evaded the arrowheads of ice and light with his powerful staff of Ancient Magic, "Sacrifice of Gods!" Loud shrieks were heard as spirits of the dead came flying out of the sacred staff held by the ruthless Pharaoh. Renamon was quick enough to evade the attack.

`I don't know how much more I can take of this, the fatigue from my pregnancy is setting in…' Renamon thought as she panted heavily. Suddenly, the doors flew open. The two digimon that held the door open previously ran into the room. They appeared to be a Sagittarimon and the other was a small pink fairy by the name of Puttimon.

"The REAL Master told us to do this if you were to take over!" Sagittarimon yelled, "Puttimon, get ready." He put an arrow on his bow and Puttimon got behind him. "This arrow is from the Real master, specialized to delete you on contact."

"To hell with your "Real" master! You are on my side, or you are deleted!" Pharaoh Anubimon yelled, "no? Then you choose deletion! Sacrifice of Gods!" The spirits came flying in the air once again.

"Love and Fire!" the little fairy digimon cried as he created a firewall around Sagittarimon as well as himself.

Renamon got up and ran straight towards Pharaoh Anubimon "Power Paw!" Renamon slashed the demented alter ego of the Pharaoh, but to no avail.

"Insolent little bitch!" Pharaoh Anubimon yelled as he was about the strike down upon the Tao Fox, but an arrow hit his hand and his staff went flying.

"The Master also advised us to protect the fox!" Sagittarimon said in his deep voice as he loaded another arrow.

"I have had enough of you three…" Pharaoh Anubimon closed his eyes, "prepare for the most destructive spell ever created…" He started chanting and a few seconds later, bright light appeared from the possessed Anubimon, "Hell Supremacy!"

"Giant Missile!" a huge missile came crashing onto Pharaoh Anubimon, forcing him to stop the spell before it could be cast. "Rena, you two, get out now!"

"Jen…" Renamon was happy to see him once again. Before she ran out, she looked at Anubimon once again, but he was back for a moment.

"Go…Rena…before…I…ugh…!" Pharaoh Anubimon changed again into his evil alter ego. But before the evil one could recover, the whole group was gone.

"I will get you, Tao Fox, and your friends. It is the beginning of the end!"

(End of Sunday)

~*~*~

A/N: Time for a little explanation:

-Still don't know about Karen? Well, she'll be developing more throughout the rest of the story.

-Pharaoh Anubimon is a character created and inspired by another Anime. If anyone can guess what the anime is, I'll give you extra points ^_^. I also create "Hell Supremacy" and "Sacrifice of Gods," if you could think of better names; please tell me, so I can change the chapter before it's too late. And yes, I can do that ^^.

-Sagittarimon and Puttimon do exist. I give that credit to the now deceased Megchan's Digimon Encyclopedia.

That's it for now. If you got a question, hit me up at dexstrosity2@hotmail.com, I swear, I'll e-mail you back ASAP. Thanks to my Beta-Readers Inuyasha-Kun, Comrade Terror, and the good Captain (but he missed this one). Anyway, I would just say HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL, no matter what you celebrate and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Well, thanks for reading, but get out there and be with your families! (BTW, please R&R ^^;;)

---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction