Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ My Brother, My Lover ❯ no so numb (song "numb" by Linkin Park) ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Discalmer: I don't own digimon or any other copyrighted materials that may appear in this story.



I thought about what had happened seveal hours ago. I was only jokeing around with him and he broke down. Whatever that bitch said to him was way out of line. There's no way anyone should act like that when someone makes a joke at them.

After he finished crying he has fell asleep agian. He must of still been tired from last night. WalkingRuning all that way to catch a bus and then still haveing to walk even more. I scribbled down a note to him that I was going grocery shoping and was about to leave when he walked in to the front room.

"Were are you going?" I asked him. "My milk is way past expired and I only have cereal and lunch meats in the house. I'm going grocery shopping." I said to him. "Can I come with you?" He asked me. I gave him a nod and he smiled.

I stuffed my cigarettes in my shirt pocket and grabed my keys off the table. We left the house and locked it up. We went out to my garage and I said "It's a nice day. What do you say we take the convertable?" I asked him.

We got in and I started it up. "Listen to this." Taker said putting in a cd as I droped the top. "What is it?" I asked him pulling out of the garage.

"Some Americian rock." He said as he skiped to a song. "I'll listen to it." I said. "Can you speak english as well as I can?" he asked me. "No but I think i"ll be able to understand it." I said as he pushed the play button.

I'm tired of being what you want me to be
Feeling so faithless lost under the surface
Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes
(Caught in the undertow just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
(Caught in the undertow just caught in the undertow)


I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I'm becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

Can't you see that you're smothering me
Holding too tightly afraid to lose control
Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you
(Caught in the undertow just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
(Caught in the undertow just caught in the undertow)
And every second I waste is more than I can take

I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I'm becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

And I know
I may end up failing too
But I know
You were just like me with someone disappointed in you

I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I'm becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I'm tired of being what you want me to be
I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I'm tired of being what you want me to be

When the song was over I looked at him. "I can see why you like the song." I said. "Yeah it reminds me of me and mom. She wants me to be this person and I want to be a different person. The end resulst it that I've made it so that I bottle everything upso that I seem numb to the world." He said.

"Thats deep." I said, sounding a lot more sereous then I had intended to. "Yeah but I'm just a deep person." He said. "Yeah I noticed that a long time ago. You're very complex and you're far from numb." I said

"How so?" He asked me. "Well everyone things you're all smiles but behind that all you're so inqusitive. You have so many strong emotion that you feel. Sometimes even at the same time as other conflictiing ones. You're not numb but instead you're full of emotions." I said.

"Well there goes my theme song." He said with a laugh. "Yeah because you're liveing under my roof now and the person I want you to be is yourself. I'm not going to try to force any of my opinions and philisophies on to you. You may occasionally have to hear some of them but I won't force them on to you and make them your own." I said.

"You're nothing like mom. Not that thats a bad thing but it's going to take some time to get used to. I know I'm going to like liveing with you." He said with a smile. "Thanks." I said.

We pulled in to the super market and I handed him a list. "We divide and conquer. You get this stuff and I'll get the rest of it." I said. He laughed and said "It's just grocery shopping. Not like we're fighting a war." I gave him a nod and handed him some money.

We went in, bought everything we needed to, and were home in less then an hour. We drove back home, put the stuff away and then sat on the couch. I lit a smoke and Takeru had one as well.

"Theres a month of food taken care of." I said. "Why do you buy for a whole month?" He asked me takeing a drag and blowing it out slowly. "Cause I hate grocery shopping." I said takeing a a deep, long hit and blowing it out. "Fair enough." He said after a few seconds. "Dunno I just don't like it." I said with a laugh. "What now?" He asked me.

"Now we go to the mall and get you some clothes to wear." I said with a smile. He took a few hits and then said "You know you don't have to do that." I laughed. "You must like the thought of getting in my pants everyday." I said. "Maybe I do." He said with a grin.