Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart is a Battleground ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 4
 
Cass and Vinni sat together on a bench in a small park. “Don't worry, I have a cousin here we can stay with until we get another flight.” Vinni explained.
 
“Sorry about that on the plane.”
 
“Er… Actually, I thought it was pretty cool.” Just then, from the edge of the street lamp's light emerged a black girl wearing absolutely nothing. She walked lazily down the path. She turned and yelled at them in a frustrated tone.
 
“What? Can't I walk around naked after midnight!? Mind your own business! Jeez, some people!” She mumbled angrily to herself and stumbled back into the shadows.
 
“That was… interesting,” Cass said as she shook Vinni out of his testosterone-induced trance.
 
“Wuh? Yeah, weird… Who…?”
 
“Caaaaasss!” A muffled cry came from Vinni's duffle bag.
 
“Oh! Sorry, Nyaromon,” Cass unzipped the bag and the cat-like digimon leapt into her lap.
 
Vinni stared at Nyaromon, “Isn't that one of those stupid monsters from that TV show?”
 
“Digimon are not stupid! We are very real and very powerful!” Nyaromon glared at Vinni.
 
“Whatever,” Vinni chuckled. He pulled his new DigiCom out of his pocket and strapped it on his wrist, “This thing does look kinda coo—Whoa!” A light was flashing on the screen of his digivice, another light burst out of the duffle bag.
 
“What'd you do!?”
 
“I was keeping that weird egg in my bag!”
 
The light took a shape and landed in Vinni's lap. The new creature looked like a lemon drop with big red eyes. It greeted Vinni with a huge grin. Cass took out the laptop.
 
“Zurumon: A Fresh level slime Digimon of the Data Attribute. Its attack is Bubble Blow. Vinni, say hello to your new digimon partner.”
 
“Partner?”
 
Zurumon bounced in his lap energetically “Tamer! Tamer!” It chanted.
 
 
“Thanks, Puroromon.” A nude African girl with bright green eyes was relaxing on a bench in the middle of a park. She checked the clock on her digivice, “Only 12:38.” Her digivice had a strap, which let her wear it like a watch on her left hand. It had four buttons surrounding the screen, and a scan lens on the front side. The body was yellow with red buttons.
 
“We're only lucky that we landed close to your house. It's dark enough to not be seen, we should leave now,” squeaked the yellow insect perched on her head.
 
The girl got off the bench and started walking; Puroromon floated a few feet over her head. “Yeah, we need to get you back to the digital world to regain your strength.”
 
The girl passed under a street lamp, the couple on the bench gave her very strange looks. She was tired and still freaked out from the mist attack, and she responded rather harshly.
 
“What? Can't I walk around naked after midnight!? Mind your own business! Jeez, some people!” She grumbled back into the darkness.
 
They arrived at a large mansion. A pair of black cargo pants, a red hooded vest, a gray t-shirt, and black sneakers were scattered about near the fountain.
 
“Well, at least my clothes are still here.” The girl picked up everything and dressed herself, zipping the vest all the way up. She opened the door and stepped into the house, Puroromon following after.
 
“Jewel! Is that you?” The voice of her father could be heard from another room.
 
“Yeah, it's me, dad! Puroromon and I had a late mission! We'll be in our room!”
 
“Good night, you two. Be sure to wash up after your outings.”
 
Jewel shut the door after Puroromon fluttered in. She dropped to the floor and stared at her digivice.
 
“Puroromon… Why did we have to move here?”
 
“Jewel… Please, forget about it. There was nothing you could do. It was for the best.”
 
Jewel shook her head and stood up, “Yeah, it's nothing. I should just forget the whole thing… Now let's get you back home. Digi-port open!”
 
She put her digivice up towards the computer monitor on her desk. She and Puroromon were sucked into the digital world by some force.
 
 
Jewel and FanBeemon landed on a seaside cliff.
 
“Hey, why'd we end up here?” The large insect was looking around.
 
“Titanic Tempest!”
 
The two of them looked out over the cliff to see a huge battle out over the Net Ocean. What appeared to be a woman with a huge squid stuck to her waist was attacking a dark man who looked to be half angel and half demon. They were battling in an enormous storm, probably created by the legendary warrior herself.
 
“It's Calmarimon! She fighting… Um,” she pointed the lens of her DigiCom towards the warrior's foe, “Oh, it's Lucemon Chaos Mode. An Ultimate level Wizard Digimon. Looks like he's a Virus, too. His Ultimate Sacrifice attack is no joke.”
 
“You're worthless! Paradise Lost!” Lucemon Chaos Mode trapped Calmarimon in a flurry of punches, finishing the combo with a swift downward kick, driving her into the rocks on the shore.
 
“She needs our help! Jewel, this Ultimate is strange, I can sense it. We have to bio-merge if we wanna stand a chance against him!” FanBeemon was ready to fight.
 
“Right, let's go!” Jewel took a step towards the edge of the cliff. But then her eyes narrowed, and she slowly backed away, her eyes glued to the raging waters below. “I-I can't…”
 
“Jewel?” FanBeemon fluttered toward her tamer in concern.
 
“No!” she screamed, “I can't! No! No, no, no!” Jewel ran off in the opposite direction, she seemed to be in a panic. FanBeemon followed closely after, leaving the scene and Calmarimon.
 
“This… is it,” Calmarimon muttered as she dug herself out of the rubble. She looked up at Lucemon Chaos Mode, who was smirking proudly at his almost finished prey.
 
“You were a fool to challenge me! Ultimate…” Lucemon Chaos Mode prepared a ball of shimmering light in his right hand.
 
“Not so fast, handsome!” Calmarimon jumped into the air, “Slide Evolution… Ranamon!” She changed into an aqua fairy wearing skimpy fish scale armor. She moved her hands toward her opponent, “Dark Vapor!”
 
Lucemon Chaos Mode's attack was interrupted when a thick black fog obscured his vision, “What!?” He began punching blindly through the mist. “You may have some tricks up your sleeve, but you're still no match for me!”
 
“Do it now, hun!” Ranamon dove under the water and escaped the battle.
 
“Ancient Light!” “Ancient Darkness!” A blinding light and a wave of shadow burst through the cloud simultaneously and they both hit Lucemon Chaos Mode at the same time.
 
“That overwhelming light… And that impenetrable darkness… It could only be…” A brilliant wolf-like warrior appeared from the light that hit Lucemon Chaos Mode, “AncientGarurumon! A surprisingly clever move.” From the shadows emerged a brilliant black and gold feline, “And AncientSphinxmon, I shouldn't have expected less.”
 
“You will soon cease to exist, Lucemon! Your pride has been your downfall… Accept it!”
 
Lucemon Chaos Mode let out an enraged cry as his body exploded in a brilliant combination of light and shadow. AncientSphinxmon reverted to Loweemon, and was engulfed by the shadows again, gone from sight. AncientGarurumon landed on the cliff, panting heavily. His body shrank, degenerating to a small, anthropomorphic canine.
 
Ranamon popped up from the ocean's surface, she called off her typhoon and waved her hand to thank her friend, “That was awesome, Strabimon! We really accomplished something today!”
 
Strabimon waved back. “We couldn't have done it without your help. Don't worry, I'll go and report this.”
 
“Great! Tell that cutie AncientGreymon that I said hi! Thanks again, sugar!” Giggling, she dove for the ocean floor. Strabimon also vanished, but in a spark of light.