Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart is a Battleground ❯ Chapter 6

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 7
 
“I get what you're saying,” Alec said, “Digital Monsters, like that old card game?”
 
“Exactly. But I came from a plane where we Digimon exist.” Keramon was resting itself by laying its large hands on Alec's shoulders as it hovered near him. They were on the couch in his living room, discussing what had just happened.
 
“Hmm, so why did you come to this world?”
 
“To find you, my Tamer. With your power and support, I can become the strongest digimon in existence.”
 
“I see…” Alec trailed off into his own thoughts on this new development. Many minutes passed in an awkward silence.
 
Suddenly Keramon spoke out, “So when do I get to fight?”
 
“Wha?”
 
Keramon floated around so he was face to face with his Tamer. “I need to fight to get stronger, so are you going to help me find some digimon or what?”
 
“I… um… I don't think there are any digimon around here. Not since that little monkey dude.”
 
“Well, then we're gonna have to—What's that noise?” Keramon's antennae perked up and he looked over towards the door.
 
“Hide!” Alec grabbed Keramon by one of his tentacles and threw him into his room, quickly shutting the door.
 
The door opened, and Alec's sister set her bags down on the table. “What's up, bro?”
 
“Hey, Catherine. Great to see you again.” Alec nervously sat down on the couch and turned on the television. “So how's the college thing been working out?”
 
“Great, I've met all sorts of great people. So where's that girl you're always hanging out with?”
 
“Cass was busy today. Yeah, today's been pretty boring… I think I'll just stay in my room. Good night!” Alec dashed for his room, and promptly shut the door behind him. After hearing footsteps go into the kitchen, he sighed and glanced around for Keramon.
 
Keramon was hunched over Alec's computer desk, a drawer was open and Keramon was looking through Alec's old Digimon Trading Cards. “Hmm, these won't be too bad…”
 
“Hey, don't touch my stuff!” Alec gathered up the cards and shoved them into his back pocket, all except for one. He stared at the digimon on the card, and its corresponding stats and abilities, “Keramon, a Rookie level. An unidentified digimon, virus attribute, and its best attack is Bug Blaster.” Alec glanced at the code on the side of the card, and then to the scan lens on his DigiCom, “Hmm…”
 
“Yeah, I'm awesome. Now, I have an idea.” He grabbed Alec by his left wrist, eyeing the DigiCom curiously.
 
“Wait, what are you going to do?”
 
“I told you. I need to get stronger. Now hold your digivice up to the computer. I wanna try something.”
 
The digivice was held up in front of the monitor. The digivice beeped and a window opened up on the computer screen. It looked like a window to another place.
 
“Exactly what I was looking for! Digi-Port, open!” Keramon shouted.
 
“Wait, what did you just—“ was all Alec could say before a light engulfed the two and sucked them into the computer.
 
 
Jewel played with her ponytail, sitting down on a rock in the middle of a canyon. She watched a couple of Kapurimon bounce by. FanBeemon was buzzing over hear head.
 
“Jewel, we should've given Calmarimon a hand.” FanBeemon perched on her head, cooling her Tamer's head with the shade of her wings.
 
“FanBeemon… I can't forgive the ocean… I just couldn't handle it.” Darkness flowed into the canyon, changing day to night in a split second.
 
FanBeemon sighed, cleaning her antennae as she spoke, “You have to do something about all these fears you have.”
 
“Look, can't you just stop—FanBeemon?”
 
FanBeemon was hovering in front of her partner; her antennae were now perked up and attentive to the environment. “Jewel, something's coming.”
 
A Kapurimon fell to the ground from above, dissolving right before their eyes. The two of them watched the particles fly up and over the top of the cliff. Not long after, a large beast jumped from the cliff and crashed down into the ground in front of them. The beast was mostly maroon, with green ears and a helmet.
 
“I got this,” Jewel said, pointing her DigiCom at the foe, “Wendigomon, a Virus. It's an Animal digimon with a berserker attitude. It's a Champion level, so you better digivolve.”
 
“Right, let's go!” FanBeemon flew at Wendigomon.
 
“FanBeemon digivolve to… WA—um… Uh-oh…“
 
Wendigomon simply swatted her to the ground with its large hands.
 
“Oh, no! FanBeemon!” Jewel started pressing buttons on her digivice, “Why can't you digivolve?”
 
FanBeemon pulled herself off the ground, “I… Can't say… It doesn't matter. Gear Stinger!” She began firing small energy needles from the stinger on her abdomen, pelting Wendigomon many times.
 
However, Wendigomon seemed only annoyed by this. It jumped back a few feet and avoided the attack. Its torso stretched out and small gun barrels popped out of its belly, “Howling Destroyer!”
 
FanBeemon was caught in a rain of energy bullets, and the resulting explosion blasted her against the canyon wall. The damaged resulted in her de-digivolving to Puroromon.
 
Jewel screamed and shielded her eyes from the dust. She ran over and held her partner in her arms, tears leaking from her eyes, “Puroromon, what are we gonna do?”
 
She looked behind her to find the beast looming over. The ten-foot monster was ready to finish them off. Jewel turned away and held Puroromon tightly.
 
“Bug Blaster!”
 
Wendigomon was blasted to the side by a ball of purple energy. It roared at the new opponents. Keramon and Alec had arrived at the battle.
 
“Whoa, there are more Tamers?” Alec ran over to Jewel and extended a hand. She took it and pulled herself up.
 
“I guess. I'd expect as much,” Keramon said. He quickly dodged Wendigomon's fist.
 
Alec sat Jewel down on the flat rock, “Hey, are you okay?”
 
Jewel rubbed the tears from her eyes and looked over at her savior. “Gah!” She gave a small yelp at the sight of the boy.
 
“Hey, it's alright! We came to help.” Jewel looked over at the battle. Keramon was firing more attacks at Wendigomon. It seemed to do enough damage to push it back a little.
 
“Howling Destroyer!” Keramon squirmed through most of the gunfire, but one energy bullet grazed him on the side of his head.
 
“Yah! Damn, that stings! Hey, quit playing hero and give me a hand!”
 
“Sorry, Keramon,” Alec ran over to the digimon's side.
 
“Got any ideas on how to take this kid down?” Keramon asked. Right after he said that, he quickly pushed Alec out of the way and barely dodged a grabbed hand.
 
“Ideas…” Alec watched the situation as Keramon's fluid motions dodged Wendigomon's melee attacks, “Wait… Its attacks are unfocused. The thing relies entirely on its power… I think I know what to do!” He quickly pulled his cards out of his pocket, and flipped through them until he found what he was looking for.
 
Keramon was hit by a kick attack, and Wendigomon's fist swung through his mass of tentacles. “Hey! Hurry up!”
 
“Gotcha! See how it handles this!” He grabbed the card and passed its code in front of the lens on his digivice, “Digi-Modify! Kumbhiramon's Deva Clone activate!”
 
Keramon's body faded, produced five separate copies around Wendigomon, and then resolidified. Wendigomon was confused, glancing around at all the Keramons.
 
“Get him!”
 
“Bug Blaster!”
“Bug Blaster!”
“Bug Blaster!”
“Bug Blaster!”
“Bug Blaster!”
“Bug Blaster!”
 
All six clones fired their attacks at once. Creating a massive explosion in the middle of the circle. When the smoke cleared, Wendigomon was no more, just its data floating in the air. Five of the Keramons vanished, leaving the true one to absorb the data.
 
“That was awesome! Couldn't have done it without ya, kid,” Keramon said.
 
Alec walked back over to the flat rock, but found that the girl had fled the scene. “Huh? Whoever she was, she's gone.”
 
Several meters away Jewel hid behind a rock formation. Puroromon was sitting by here side.
 
“Why in the world is HE here!?” Jewel exclaimed.
 
“You know him?” asked her partner, “He doesn't seem to know you.”
 
“It's complicated, let's just go home.”
 
Jewel and Puroromon took off for the nearest portal home.
 
 
A golden glimmer was speeding across the California shoreline. Magnamon was on the move.
 
“I'm getting closer. I can feel it.” He made a sharp turn and sped off into the night sky.