Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Reich Diaries 2002 ❯ Entry Two - Rise up young girl, Rinkmon shoots into action ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

-------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER - Digimon belongs to several different companies of which I own none. Therefore all digimon used are their property and used without permission. The Diaries Universe belongs to Lord Archive. The German Digi-destined belong to the Diaries universe. All other miscellaneous characters are my meagre intellectual property.

By Misc666

Set in Lord Archive's Diaries Timeline

Reich Diaries 2002

Entry Two - Rise up young girl, Rinkmon shoots into action

-------------------------------------------------------

Open Clearing, Endless Forest

September 23rd, 2002

Renamon breathed out after finally telling the four children everything she knew of Digi-destined and their role, mostly second-hand information gleamed from talking to other digimon that had had contact with ones before.

"And what are those monoliths?" asked Katrina writing it all down in the notepad she kept on her belt.

"Not totally sure about those. They just appeared one day and started dominating the forest. And of course He claimed the blame for them, although He thinks it's something to be proud of." Kokuwamon gestured in another direction and the Digi-destined could faintly see the tips of more black monoliths.

"How do we leave this world then?" Karl didn't even bother to look up from where he sat poking at his D-3 with a screwdriver he'd pulled seemingly out of nowhere.

"We don't actually know. We only heard a few things from other digimon and that's one of the many things we didn't learn."

"Although..." started Agumon before letting it drop.

"Although what? Do you know of a way?" Tobias pushed himself forward with one hand resting on Nikolaus' shoulder. The other boy shrugged sending him falling to the ground.

"Although we don't know there might be someone around here who does. She's one of the two main digimon in the Endless Forest, and by far the more pleasant of the two."

"So we go find her and get her to send us home. Problem solved?" Nikolaus felt proud at declaring this. After all it seemed that they'd finally be able to go home, away from all this madness.

"It's not as easy as Agumon makes it sound. She's not exceptionally fond of visitors and He might want to stop us getting to her." Renamon pushed down Agumon.

"Hey what's in that direction?" asked Katrina suddenly pointing off to the left of the monolith.

"Why do you ask? Going back that way is like walking into a forest of Evil Spires. We'd never be able to evolve." Hawkmon and Kokuwamon moved to back up Agumon.

"Yeah and anyway, why that direction? Why shouldn't we go off in that direction?" Tobias pointed off in another direction.

"I just have a feeling that that's the right direction." Katrina shrugged as everyone tried to come up with a reason not to.

"I don't see why not. Maybe we'll find something over there to help us. Maybe it'll be a way home. I say we do it." Everyone was surprised that it had been Karl who came up with this.

"I think it's best to wait for tomorrow. It's not the most pleasant of climates over there. It's best to do it during the day," said Renamon who quickly got nods of agreement from the other digimon.

Katrina watched everyone settle down as the anxious feeling continued to grow. Something was drawing her in that direction and as much as she tried to assure herself she couldn't be sure it was a good thing.

Forests of Ice, Endless Forest

September 24th, 2002

Tobias was the first to reach the top of the hill as he burst over it running ahead of everyone else. What he saw wasn't positive. Ahead of him stretched miles of trees covered in snow. And he quickly began to feel the cold breeze drifting over.

"What is up with the serious drop in temperature? It's bleeding freezing up here," he screamed as he tried to hold in warmth. However the thin material of his long sleeved top was ill-suited for this.

"We did tell you that some parts of the forest have different climates to others. This is just one of many." Hawkmon flew up to stand beside him, despite the size difference.

"So the thing we're searching for is out there somewhere, right? I mean we're going to be able to get whatever it is and then have a rest in a little while." Katrina was breathing heavily now, as was Karl, with the two less used to long walks. The digimon meanwhile seemed to take it in their stride, despite having shorter legs.

"Well the only person who knows is you," panted Karl as he fell to the ground in a heap.

Nikolaus, Tobias and Renamon crowded round Katrina.

"I think it's just a little distance now." This brought a smile to the three's faces as the prospect of finding out what was going on seemed to be closer.

"Don't worry; we'll be in and out in no time at all. Let's get up and go." Nikolaus grinned while pumping his fist in the air. Behind him Agumon imitated him.

"If I'm right it's over there." Everyone looked over to where Katrina pointed. Indeed it did look rather out of place to find a cave like that in a forest like this. Their hopes dropped upon seeing the giant black Evil Spire next to it.

"If there's anything strong around we don't stand much of a chance. We can't even knock down that thing." Agumon sighed.

"So let's go then." Tobias was about to run off down the hill when Karl grabbed him by the arm.

"I don't think running into it blindly is our best option, do you?" Karl grabbed the boy's head a moved it a bit to the side. This revealed what had first seemed to be a shadow of a tree. But the glowing yellow orbs said something different.

"So what are we going to do? If you want I'll draw him away while you lot go get it." Hawkmon was just about to take off when one of Renamon's gloved paws grabbed him and pulled him to the ground.

"I will go in with Katrina. The three of you will keep him away, the three of you." Renamon picked up her partner with ease and started down the hill. Coming to their senses the others started after them.

"I could handle it on my own, I tell you." Hawkmon's squawking suddenly made him seem like a chicken.

"And you'd get yourself wiped out," said Agumon under his breath.

"Anyway we all know I'm going to delete it." The glares of both digimon could have melted the snow around them as Kokuwamon walked past.

"Here it comes now. Enjoy yourself." Katrina waved as Renamon carried her into the cave.

"Where?" Karl looked around failing to see whatever it was.

"I think that is what she means." Nikolaus was pointing to where the shadow had straightened out into the shape of a very large wolf.

It was twice as tall as Tobias, the tallest of the three boys, and probably more than double that in length. Its fur was mostly black but had white patches every so often. The glowing yellow orbs were revealed to be eyes, slightly overshadowed by the giant gleaming teeth. Pinkish claws ended on its four black paws.

"Teeth! Why the hell does everything here have such big teeth?" moaned Karl as it lazily walked towards them.

"It's a Garurumon, and a viral one at that. Not a nice kind of digimon," observed Kokuwamon as he tensed up.

"So do you think you three can take it?" Nikolaus' question gained nods from the three as they stared it down.

"Scissor Arms Mini."

"Baby Flame."

"Feather Slash."

The sounds of fighting erupted from outside as Katrina found herself being set down on the rough floor of the cave. Ice covered the walls for as far as she could see and the only light seemed to be dim at the end where the tunnel rounded a corner.

"I assume we have to head down there." Renamon pointed off to where the light came from and Katrina nodded in agreement.

"Let's hope that thing is the only dangerous digimon around here we have to worry about. I'm sure Agumon, Hawkmon and Kokuwamon can take care of themselves but can they defeat it?" Katrina looked hopeful but Renamon's downcast eyes told her the answer.

"They may be strong but they're not on its level. Our only hope is that whatever we've found is useful, or that we can take down the Evil Spire." Katrina noticed that the light was much brighter now indicating the end of the tunnel was nearby.

Finally they reached where the light was coming from. The walls, now devoid of ice instead exposing the rock underneath, contained a pair of brackets both with torches in them. They served to frame a large iron door that dwarfed the girl and digimon by a long way.

"How do we open it then?" asked Katrina ruining the dramatic tension.

"Those handles are as big as me." Indeed as Renamon said the handles were huge.

"Well if we both pull on one, we should be able to get it open." Katrina and Renamon both grabbed hold of the left one and after a minute or so of pulling finally had it open far enough to slip through.

The sight inside was a curious one to behold. The roof was tall enough to let Tyranomon stand upright. The walls were covered in arcane symbols which Renamon identified as Digicode, although she wasn't sure what it meant. Brackets held torches all around the cavern illuminating it with bright light. But finally in the middle sat a small pedestal upon which sat an egg-like shape.

It was long and lay on its side. Mostly it was coloured black. But one section underneath was white. On the top was a line of blue triangles. More forward was a blue circle like shape with lines coming out of its sides. Underneath that on the sides were a series of yellow `teeth'. But the main focus was on the jagged thin horn that protruded at the front, half silver and half gold.

"What is that?" said Renamon staring at it in awe.

"I think it's what we came here Renamon. So let's get it and get out of here." Katrina ran forward to it taking hold of it between both hands. At first it held itself down tightly but pretty quickly it loosened sending Katrina and it falling to the ground with an `oomph'.

"So how do you think you use it then?" Renamon was still staring at it like it was holy or something.

"Well we'll work it out as we make our way back outside. Those three probably need our help." Katrina turned to leave when Renamon grabbed hold of her.

"We should work it what it does first. No sense in risking ourselves without working out what it does first, is there?" asked Renamon much to Katrina's annoyance.

"But they're outside risking themselves so we have a chance to get this." Katrina looked over as Renamon released her grip.

"They're not weak in any respect. They can handle themselves." Renamon's blue eyes stared into Katrina's.

"But you said it yourself. They can't beat it at their level even if they're strong. And I don't want to leave those three to take care of themselves; frankly they're not the most careful of boys. We've got to help them out." She flashed an angry glare towards her partner.

"Look down." Renamon's cryptic words startled Katrina. But she was even more surprised by the glow coming from the egg. The same glow also seemed to be coming from Renamon.

"Renamon armour evolve…"

The light subsided leaving something else where Renamon had been standing. It was a figure taller than Renamon with spindly limbs dressed predominantly in a white jumpsuit with blue stripes on the sides. Over this was blue chest armour with two yellow circles, blue boots and long blue gauntlets with a yellow lightning bolt design coming off the end. A long white scarf was wrapped around the neck with the end dropping down to the calves. The blue helmet over the face had spikes coming out from the back and a yellow visor.

"Rinkmon."

Katrina hadn't been sure it was Renamon, especially with the massive breast reduction. However the feminine voice convinced her that it was her partner. But evolution was supposed to be impossible near an Evil Spire apparently. Had they knocked it down out there? Or was this different?

Her senses finally told her that she was holding something. It was silver and resembled a hand-held game system. But her attention was drawn to the image of the egg she'd found on the screen.

"I'd better go help those three." With that Rinkmon shot off like a blur leaving Katrina standing there in a daze.

"What is going on?" she questioned softly despite nobody being around to hear. Then she too set off to help her friends.

"What a tasty little morsel I have myself. Should I eat you fast or slow?" The Garurumon growled softly as he stood over Agumon who was stuck under one of his paws. In comparison Agumon looked very small.

"Stun Shock." Kokuwamon was pleased as his attack stunned the Garurumon long enough for Agumon to scramble up to his feet and get away.

"And it seems that he's not going to be my only snack. Of course I may have to strip all the metal off you before I find something edible. Fox Fire." A stream of blue flame snaked out of his mouth. Again Kokuwamon would have been fried if not for Hawkmon who swooped down and grabbed him.

Of course it didn't help when Hawkmon found himself unable to hold Kokuwamon and fly which led to them both falling to the ground landing in heap.

"Come on you three. Get him." The yells of Tobias seemed reminiscent of many a football game.

"Look, I'm sure they'll be able to do it. We just have to wait and see," Karl was looking away as the three digimon were separated as Garurumon pounced between them sending them all running aside.

"It won't be okay if we don't do something. They're being knocked about like chew toys. What's taking Katrina so damn long?" Nikolaus glanced at the cave entrance which remained empty of either human or digimon.

"It would be a hell of a lot easier if I could evolve to Tyranomon again." Agumon wasn't given more time to moan as the Garurumon tried to pounce on him again.

"It would be a hell of a lot easier if any of us could evolve. Of course my evolution would probably be a lot stronger than yours." Hawkmon dodged another paw while grinning in Agumon's direction.

"Bet it's a Numemon." Both Kokuwamon and Agumon burst out laughing while the three humans wondered what was funny about that joke.

"Spinning Cuter." All of a sudden a blur shot out from the cave. It passed by the Garurumon who fell back.

The blur finally stopped moving to reveal Rinkmon standing there. Meanwhile Katrina emerged running from the cave with a jubilant smile over her face.

"I did it. I'm not sure how but we found some egg and I was able to make Renamon evolve into Rinkmon. I also got this." She showed them the D-Terminal upon which the egg could be seen.

"It says Digimental of Friendship." Karl pointed to below the egg where the words were written. "I assume that's what it's called."

"Okay but how come you can evolve but Agumon can't?" asked Nikolaus as Agumon, Hawkmon and Kokuwamon stepped away from the battle where Garurumon was futilely trying to hit the high moving Rinkmon.

"Maybe it's a different kind of evolution."

"Freeze Fang." Garurumon shot forward faster than normal as ice formed in its mouth. However just as it got close to Rinkmon her form blurred and she dashed onto the wolf's back.

"Game over." She began to build up another attack when Katrina's shouting stopped her.

"Don't kill it." Everyone looked on puzzled. This gave Garurumon the break he needed allowing him to throw Rinkmon to the ground.

"Quadruple Storm." Katrina closed her eyes as wind formed around Rinkmon's gauntlets. She knew that she couldn't stop her partner deleting Garurumon now.

Rinkmon's fists suddenly opened sending two blasts from each palm spiralling away. They shot towards Garurumon but at the last second all four shot aside missing Garurumon completely.

"Bad luck. Time for dinner." The Garurumon let out a bestial growl as Rinkmon was finally stopped beneath one of his giant front paws.

"No." As she said this a crack was heard and several trees came falling to the ground. Rinkmon was able to move backwards but Garurumon was crushed beneath them.

"You didn't kill it." Katrina looked on the scene in shock as the Garurumon struggled to escape.

"He'll spend a day or so freeing himself. But other than that he'll be fine." Katrina threw her arms around Renamon joyously as the others looked puzzled.

"Why'd you stop her? He did attack us first, or did you miss that?" Nikolaus stamped his foot as he threw irritated glare at Garurumon.

"Well he didn't hurt us therefore we have no reason to kill him. And even if he isn't our `brother' he is kind of their brother so I assume it's wrong to kill him," stated Karl from where he was looking intently at Garurumon who fitfully tried to swipe at him but couldn't get a paw loose.

"But we killed Raremon didn't we?" pointed out Tobias.

"Well several reasons exist to say why that could have been necessary. One is that he was going to kill Agumon if he didn't kill him first. And another is that Raremon slaughtered all those people. We all saw him do that. We don't know if this Garurumon is evil or just plain bored." The Garurumon growled at Karl who ignored him.

"I've killed lots of things. I'm bad to the bone." Garurumon growled once more.

"Ignore him. We'll be long gone by the time he can do anything to us. However I guess that if it's possible to avoid killing any other digimon then I might as well try," said Agumon as Hawkmon, Renamon and Kokuwamon agreed.

"Lets go, I'd rather be long gone before he gets up," said Karl still wary of Garurumon's stuck form. With one last glance they all set off away from the Forests of Ice.

Several miles away another boy and his partner had reached their destination. Hans-Joachim looked down at the small form of Dokunemon by his feet and then up at the massive structure in front of him. It was a huge cathedral like building with towering spires and gargoyles adorning the walls. But must shocking were the creatures all about.

A hole high up seemed to be admitting an endless swarm of wasp-like digimon. A little to his left a giant, but skinny, blue beetle with a black horned helmet, four arms and four light wings was busy fighting a much bulkier red beetle with giant red pincers on it's head, four arms and four arms: although two were heavy wings. As he came closer to the shadows he thought he saw a flash of red in the darkness but wasn't sure.

"So, what's this guy like?" asked Hans warily watching for more flashes of red. None came however.

"Lord Gran Kuwagamon is the strongest digimon in this part of the Digital World. And one day it will all be his." Hans found himself slightly worried by his partner's evident respect for this digimon.

He had to admit he was impressed by the size of this operation. With a slight smile he watched the door open to reveal the gothic interior. Torches sat in brackets all along the wall and more of the many insect-like digimon seemed to swarm around inside.

As he looked up he found a magnificent painting over the ceiling. It depicted two digimon, one a huge black insect with silver lines. It had the same huge pincers on its head like the red beetle but the blood red light wings were more like the blue beetle's wings. All six appendages ended in a series of giant silver claws. Where its neck would have been was an orange mane of hair and its eyes were a piercing yellow. He had a feeling that must be Gran Kuwagamon.

Across from it on the ceiling was humanoid digimon clearly female. It had pink skin which was covered up by a rose red leotard, which bulged over her chest, with a hole which exposed her belly button. At the thighs the costume turned into a long pair of black high-heeled boots. She wore a pair of long red gloves which reached almost up to her shoulders and held a vine-like whip. Her eyes were covered up by the crown made of rose petals that covered her head. The final part of the costume was the leaf coloured cape with a high collar.

His attention was drawn away as a commotion started up at the front of the hall. One of the wasp-like digimon he'd seen earlier found itself struck by a door. Out of this walked six identical insect digimon. They were tall and humanoid with green armour with black on the thighs, shoulder pads, feet and the gauntlets tipped by sharp claws. The antennae that came out of their heads were thin and had orange stripes. Red hair came out of the back of their heads. On their foreheads were the same three pointed star symbol and the eyes glowed a deadly red.

"Those are Stingmon. They work for one of Gran Kuwagamon's lieutenants, Dino Beemon. Try not to get on their, or even worse his bad side." Hans felt them bang into him deliberately as they passed by him. But he was above their pettiness and waited until he heard the door close as they left.

"I see. Well lead the way. I think I'm going to enjoy meeting Gran Kuwagamon." Dokunemon gestured to the door the group of Stingmon had come out of and started crawling towards it.

Next Entry - Arial opponent, Harpymon's first flight

The Digi-destined find themselves under attack from an enemy that is literally out of their range. Will the Digimental found by Tobias solve this problem?