Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Step Ahead ❯ The Fight ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thanks for the great reviews. More would have been better but who cares. O'well here's chapter 4 of Step Ahead.

* * * * *

Davis and Kari were running to the command center with wall panels blowing out behind them and debris flying at them from all sides. They occasionally passed an expert repair crew made up of human and digimon making the critical repairs needed to keep the base operational. When at last they reached the command center they found everyone there completely calm and strapping on armor. The future Sora walked over to them and handed them a pair of armor each.

"Here put these on were going for a walk."

Davis paled at these word, "you know I'm starting to feel a little tried so I'll go to my room and lye down."

"We didn't give you a room yet," she replied.

"I'll find a comfortable chair then."

"But Davis if you don't who will protect me," Kari said sweetly.

With these 9 words he gained limitless courage. He would fight any army, slay any monster and do anything Kari wanted.

"Come on you two," called Davis who had miraculously got his armor on in under a millisecond.

The team exited through a fortified hatch in the front of the base. The older Digidestined ordered the younger ones over to the side, an order that the younger ones completely agreed with. They watched as Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon digivolved into Omnimon. The rest digivolved into their mega forms. (Mega forms HerculesKabuterimon = Izzy, MarineAngemon = Joe, Phoenixmon = Sora, Rosemon = Mimi, Valkyrimon is the mega form of Silphymon and Tribunalmon is the mega form of Shakkoumon. Tribunalmon is my character and his attacks are Crime & Punishment and Justice Gavel. He looks like an enormous judge holding a gavel.) They looked around but didn't see anyone. Tai ordered Sora and Phoenixmon to fly into the air and look around, and then gave her a quick kiss. Phoenixmon flew up and was almost immediately knocked down. Muttering a curse she flew up again this time Tai was by her side with the rest behind them. Tai and Sora flew up past the layer of clouds that had kept them from seeing him at first. Sense they were the fastest they drew fire away from the others. Following Izzy on HerculesKabuterimon the others hit their attacker from behind, making him fly into the ground. It also gave Kari and Davis their first good look at him.

Megidramon

Level: Mega

Type: Evil Dragon

Attacks: Megid Flame Dragon Howling

His Dragon Howling will give you something to howl about.

He shot his Megid Flame into the sky but it flew past harmlessly. The older Digidestined ordered their digimon to attack. Their attacks rained down on the fallen Megidramon, wounding him greatly. Tribunalmon's Crime & Punishment finished him off. When it first hit it had no effect, but when he powered up and released his attack, a golden cage that suddenly appeared around him stopped it. The cage's bars began to increase in intensity until they exploded and then were drawn back into Megidramon causing him to be deleted. Everyone, young and old let out a cheer. After their partners got off the digimon dedigivolved into their rookie forms. The group of joyous victors walked into the base while their true enemy contemplated his latest defeat. (I know you know who he is. Is it just me or am I getting predictable.)

"I'm picking up Kari and Davis's digivices over there, but I'm seeing what looks like us there to," Tai said with confusion evident in his voice.

"But that's impossible if Davis and Kari…" stated Izzy in a confident tone. Almost everyone had their attention focused on Izzy now, but with only Yolie and Ken actually understanding. Matt on the other hand was only focused on Mimi and how she was beautiful, great, smart, funny…

When Davis and Kari got back to the base Tai and Sora showed them to their room, which had a bunk bed, a small bathroom and a desk with a laptop. Sora told Tai she was going to sleep gave him a quick kiss and left. Tai sat down and asked them if there was anything they wanted to know.

"What happened to our parents and our homes?"

Tai sigh, "I was hoping you weren't going to ask that but, after his first attack on you Generationmon knew if he couldn't beat you then he would have to break you. He summoned everyone we ever faced from Devimon to Venom Myotismon, even some we hadn't meet yet. All around the world, everyone that had a digimon fought valiantly. After a while we saw that we could not win the fight on Earth. First we sent teams of engineers and diggers to the Digital World they began to make a giant city that could hold our entire world, when ever we needed more room for food production or homes we would just dig deeper. We evacuated most everyone there but while Imperialdramon was searching for survivors he saw Millenniummon blow up half our moon. He got back just in time to warn us. The moon slammed into Earth and shattered the once beautiful planet. All of our parents made it and our now living in the city."

After a moments silence Davis spoke, "What's with TK?"

"He's been like that ever sense our Davis and Kari announced they were getting married. He became cold and lost all his cheerfulness. I guess hearing about them just pushed him over the edge."

"Anymore questions?"

No answer.

"Good, now get some sleep we have a long day tomorrow."

He got up and left.

Davis and Kari got into the bed with Davis on the top bunk and Kari on the bottom.

"Good night Davis."

"Night Kari."

* * * * *

That's the end of chapter 4. I'll get 5 up as soon as I can.