Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hybrid Generations ❯ Reasons ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Alright, good stuff now. Enjoy.
 
Chapter 6: Reasons
 
Takato locked up the Bakery, got on his bike, and he and Guilmon began to follow Renamon and Kitsune to the old park. `Been a while since I've been there…' Takato thought as he peddled faster and faster just to keep up with the sheer speed of the Tao fox and her son, `hope no one got hurt.'
 
“Mom,” Kitsune turned to his mother as they continued running, “I'm not sure if I can do this. I mean I really don't fight at all. And sparring with you is different from this…”
 
“Relax,” Renamon interrupted her son, “it won't be too bad. You've been training with me, that should be enough.”
 
“But, I saw what happened back there,” Kitsune said, a bit concerned, “and I heard what you and Dad said. They're different data from us, advanced even.”
 
“If you are afraid of getting hurt, don't be,” Renamon quickly said, “just fight with all you have and you will win, easily. Trust me, I'm your mother.” Renamon looked at her son, “We're almost there, get ready!” The Fox boy nodded as he pulled his gloves. “I see them,” Renamon said, “let's go!”
 
Immediately, Renamon and Kitsune jumped onto the scene. Takato was not far behind. He finally caught up to them, “Okay, we have to clear everyone out of here first, look for any other people!” The mother and son began their search, making sure the area was completely evacuated. They came back in a matter of seconds and both confirmed that it was clear, “alright, lets kick some digimon butt!” The trio walked deeper and deeper into the fog, and before long, they found an enemy. “There!” Renamon yelled. “Three Rockmon and a Blossomon.” Takato whipped out his D-Arc and read the data on the digimon, “Rockmon: Hard as a rock and it uses its power to control Rocks to attack! Blossomon: A plant digimon who uses its thorny vines and flowers to stun its opponents. Renamon, Kitsune, Guilmon, be careful!” All three of them nodded and ran off into battle.
 
`I have no idea what to do,' Kitsune thought as he ran towards an unsuspecting Rockmon, `this thing's huge…!' “Kitsune!” Renamon called out from right beside him, “remember what I said: keep fighting no matter what! Hit hard and fast, then dodge, go!” Renamon jumped high, “Fox Leaf Arrowhead!” shards of ice went flying towards the Rock digimon, and like its results before, they were unsuccessful. Kitsune ran right at another Rockmon, “Take this!” Kitsune came down on it with a flying kick, but nothing happened. Kitsune panicked when he found his attack not working. “Kitsune! Attack with me!” Renamon yelled at her son. Renamon jumped from one side, Kitsune regained his composure and followed his mother's instructions and ran from the other side.
 
Guilmon was fighting the third Rockmon, only seeing the same results as his other comrades. “Takato, its not getting hurt!” Guilmon yelled, “What should I do?” Takato watched on, `damn, what do I do?' “Guilmon, we have to take on one of them at a time, help Renamon and Kitsune!” Guilmon nodded and faced the Rockmon Kitsune and his mother planned to ambush, “Fire Ball!” Guilmon yelled as he shot a red ball of flame at the Rockmon while Renamon and Kitsune struck from the sides, “Power Paw!” the Tao Fox came down, slashing the huge rock monster. Kitsune came down from the other side digging his heel straight through the rock digimon's body. All three attacks were in perfect sync, hitting the monster at the exact same time. The digimon burst into data specks and floated away. Before the three digimon could retaliate, the two Rockmon and Blossomon attacked them. Renamon and Kitsune were able to dodge the attacks, but Guilmon was hit hard and went flying back. “Guilmon!” Takato yelled as he ran over to his fallen Digimon, “Renamon, Kitsune, you have to delete those other three digimon!”
 
“How do we?” Kitsune said as he continued to fly through the air, “it took all three of us to take down one.” He looked over to his mother, “well Mom?”
 
The two landed just a few feet away from each other. Renamon looked over to her son, “we'll have to hit them as fast as we can. Follow me.” The yellow fox jumped high into the air, “Fox Leaf Arrowhead!” The ice shards formed once again in front of the Tao Fox and flew straight at one of them. Kitsune was on the other side of the monster; thrust his right palm in front of him, “Arrowheads!” Similar ice shards came flying from in front of Kitsune's palm. Before long, the Rockmon was covered in shards of ice, “Kitsune, attack now!” Renamon yelled as the both landed. They began to run straight at the digimon, “Power Paw!” Renamon cried as she slashed at the digimon. Kitsune followed, but instead of slashing, he jumped into the air, spun, and drove the side of his left foot into the Rockmon. On impact of the second attack, the shards that ripped into the Rockmon earlier exploded like claymore mines, deleting the digimon instantly.
 
“Those two sure work well together…” Takato said as he kneeled by Guilmon's side, “you okay buddy?” Guilmon nodded, “but I don't know if I can help them right now.”
 
“Mom,” Kitsune said, panting, “are you sure we can actually do that two more times?” Renamon looked over to her son again, “we have no choice, get ready…!” Before Renamon could finish her sentence, the remaining Rockmon attacked, “Rock Ball!” its loud booming voice yelled as it held a huge boulder over its head, ready to throw. Renamon smirked, `this'll be easy to dodge.' She thought, but another attack came from another side, without her knowing. Before long, Renamon was caught in vines. “No…” she mumbled as a rock came flying at her. The rock hit her, and she went flying. “Mom!” Kitsune yelled and ran over to where his mom stopped skidding. “Mom…”
 
“I'll be alright,” Renamon coughed, “but you're on your own right now Kitsune.” Kitsune shook his head, “No, I'll stay here with you…” Renamon pushed her son away, “no, you have to fight! We can't let this Digital Field spread. Now go!” Renamon shouted. Kitsune did not want to but reluctantly turned and looked at the remaining digimon. The Rockmon roared loudly and the Blossomon peered over to Kitsune.
 
“It's that half-breed everyone has been talking about,” the Blossomon said, “that half human. We have to kill it!”
 
`How did they know…?' Kitsune thought in utter surprise. `I never seen a digimon in my life other than the ones in my family. How did these…these things know?' He looked over to his Uncle Takato, who had the same expression on his face. `We haven't been to the Digital World in more than 16 years,' Matsuda thought, `how did they know?'
 
“It's time to claim our victory,” The Blossomon said, “Rockmon, let us kill the traitors and the half breed!” Rockmon roared again “Rock Ball!” the huge boulder formed again. Kitsune remained motionless, still bewildered by the knowledge of him and the others reaching other worlds. The huge rock monster leaned back; ready to unleash his attack. Kitsune still stood there, with the completely lost look in his eyes, `how…?' he thought, and before long the boulder came flying right at him. He stood there like a deer in headlights as his allies yelled and screamed, telling him to move, but the rock was too close to even dodge, even at his speed. “No…!” He stepped back, and covered his face with his arms. But before the rock could hit him, a pink bubble formed around him, creating a protective barrier.
 
“The Calvary has arrived!” someone yelled off to the side. Takato looked over to see a man with a leather jacket on and a baseball cap. Beside him was a man with long dark green hair and eyeglasses. “Hirokazu! Kenta!” Takato's eyes lit up to see that there was still hope to defeat the invading digimon, “where have you guys been?”
 
“We saw this fog and both of remembered what happened 16 years ago.” The now older Kitagawa spoke, “we thought you all needed some help.” His digimon Marineangemon, a little pink fairy digimon sat on his shoulder.
 
“Yeah,” Hirokazu smirked, “and we didn't want to miss this battle. On our old dueling grounds nonetheless.” He turned to his digimon partner, “alright Guardromon! Let's show these digimon who's still the best Tamer and Digimon duo around!” A large brown robot stood behind Hirokazu, “Yes. Destructive Grenade!” He aimed his arms towards the Rockmon and Blossomon and fired two missiles that whistled through the air. They hit the large Rockmon and exploded on impact, after the smoke cleared, the two digimon were still there, alive. “What the…?”
 
“Normal attacks by just one digimon isn't going to work on these guys!” Takato yelled, “They're some kind of different data. This whole field is different than what it was before. So we all have to attack together!” the two tamers agreed and they went to fight the two digimon as a team.
 
Kitsune still stood there, caught in his own web of thought, `they want to kill me because I'm different.' He thought as he watched the three tamers fight. He shook out his own thoughts and ran over to his mother, who was now on her feet, “Kitsune, we have to fight again.” She said as she began to walk back to the battle, but her son stopped her, “Mom?” Kitsune asked. Renamon turned around, “what…am I exactly?” he asked, as he pushed his glasses higher on the bridge of his nose.
 
“My son.” Renamon stated straight to the point. “Now stop asking questions like that, we have a battle to finish.”
 
At first, Kitsune was quite confused by the statement. `Her son?' he thought, `how obvious is that?' “Mom!” He suddenly yelled out of desperation and anger, “what am I?”
Renamon stopped in her tracks and turned to her son. Her face expressed something he had never experienced before: anger.
 
“A hybrid,” Renamon said, “Jenrya Lee and Renamon's son! That's what you are! Now stop with these frivolous questions and concentrate on defeating these digimon!” She quickly turned away from her son. Kitsune stood there in surprise. Never did she yell at him at that intensity, no matter what he did. It was then when he realized what she meant.
 
Kitsune broke out his trance and followed his mother. By the time they arrived, the three Tamers and their digimon defeated the third Rockmon, leaving only the Blossomon to fight.
 
“Even if I am defeated,” the Bloosomon threatened, “the digimon cannot be stopped from coming into this world! Be warned, we are the beginning!” it yelled as he was ready to attack, “Thorn Whips!” Dozens of vines flew from its main body, attacking the four digimon running at him. `Why isn't it attacking me?' Kitsune thought as he continued running towards his enemy, past the vines. One by one, the vines of the high level digimon knocked out the Fox boy's allies until he found himself standing in front of the enemy by himself.
 
“Now I will have the glory of deleting this mistake,” it boomed. “You know that you are nothing! A mistake that should have never happened! Kitsune stared straight at the Blossomon. His eyes were filled with both fear and anger, staring straight. Straight into the eyes of his murderer, a giant flower hell bent on destroying him and his family and friends. You are nothing echoed in his head incessantly as he closed his eyes. Fear and anger built, fear and anger, fear and anger, anger, anger, anger…
 
“Spiral Flower!” The Blossomon cried as the razor sharp flowers and their pearly equally sharp teeth circled in frenzy around the hybrid. “It's over hybrid! I will be honored for your death!” The death flowers focused in on the nucleus they orbited, and flew in for the kill. “Kitsune!” Renamon yelled as she tried to crawl up from the ground.
 
Slash.
 
Kitsune's two arms were completely extended to its full length. The flowers fell to the ground, sliced into ribbons. Kitsune's glasses slid off his face as he slowly lifted his head. The fox boy's ears twitched slightly, and his tail waved slowly in the wind. His red jacket was torn slightly at the right sleeve, making the sleeve slowly fall from its origin, revealing his yellow-furred right arm and purple-gloved right hand. His eyes locked onto the bewildered flower digimon, “My…my flowers…what have you done!”
 
“You tried to kill me,” Kitsune said slowly, as his arms lowered “a digimon hybrid. But I'm not a hybrid, no. I'm the son of Renamon and Jenrya Lee! A son of two parents, not a mistake. Now die!” He jumped up right in front of the digimon's face, “Fox Leaf Arrowhead!” He put his hands together at the thumbs. In an instant, several shards of ice formed in front of his hands. At point blank range, he unleashed a flurry of sharp ice shards, piercing Blossomon's face. Kitsune landed and snapped his fingers, causing every single shard to explode, forcing the flower digimon to reel back. Kitsune jumped again, “I will never let scum like you ever hurt my family and friends again!” His hand began to glow a bluish aura. He stabbed his glowing hand into the face of the Blossomon, and immediately turned his clawed hand and slashed up, causing it to delete and dissipate into the air. He landed again, and panted slightly.
 
“Incredible.” Takato watched in awe as Kitsune stood up straight and walked over to his glasses.
 
“Whoa,” Kenta muttered. Kitsune looked at his glasses and polished them on his torn jacket.
 
“Looks like he got his fighting ability from his mom's side.” Hirokazu smirked. The young Lee walked over to Renamon to see if she was okay, “Mom?” He helped his mother to her hind paws, “did I fight well?”
 
Renamon smirked and nodded, “Yes, you did. Son.” Kitsune helped his mother walk to the others, where he was greeted with compliments on his fighting, and they all began on their way back to the Matsuda Bakery.
 
Kitsune looked back at the dissipated fog, `fighting. I said to myself I wouldn't fight again after that day. But looks like I have a reason to fight…'
 
---
 
In the shadows of the park stood a big burley figure. He reached into his cargo pocket and pulled out a radio of some sort, “it's closed here.”
 
“By them?”
 
“Yeah. I'll follow.” The radio conversation ended quickly. He lowered his big floppy ear and was about to follow Kitsune and the others, but was stopped by the voice again.
 
“Forget them, return back, now.”
 
 
A/N: Whee, Kitsune-action goodness ^^. I'd like to point out that Fox-Leaf Arrowhead (aka Diamond Storm) doesn't usually explode like a bomb like I wrote, but it's one of Kitsune's abilities.
 
Now, I'd like to clear up one of my reviewer's questions. Keishinko and Atsuiko were indeed born 16 years ago just like Kitsune was. Like I explained in the prequel of this story Mating Season (which can be found on both my website or on Mediaminer.org [sorry FF.net readers, its NC-17]). This means that Keishinko, Atsuiko, and Kitsune were born when their parents were teens. And Keishinko's “biological” father is actually Leomon, who, just like in the TV Tamers series, died before she was born. Alice became pregnant with Atsuiko just before Dobermon gave his powers to the Tamers (in the TV Tamers universe, which is the same in this universe), so he died before she was born as well.
 
It is a bit difficult to understand this story if you haven't read Mating Season, but I will gladly answer any questions, just like that one. Thanks again, and please R&R as usual. If you got questions, comments, or anything, just leave a review or email me at dexstrosity2@hotmail.com. Till next week!
 
---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction