Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hybrid Generations ❯ Heir to the Throne ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry, I'm a bit late this week again…college stuff. Just a little warning for the younger audience, there is some swearing (nothing ridiculously major though) and a little bloodshed, but very little. Enjoy.
 
 
Chapter 7: Heir to the Throne
 
“Dad, there!” Keishinko shouted as she, her father Ryo, and Ryo's partner Monodramon rode through the city in Ryo's white sedan, “I see that fog!” the female Akiyama pointed over to a subway entrance, with several people running out of it in fear. Ryo came to a screeching halt, `dad better learn how to drive.' Keishinko thought to herself as she unbuckled her seat belt and got out of the car with her father not far behind. “Keishinko, are you ready?” Keishinko nodded, not taking her eyes off the massive fog in front of her, “you know, this won't be easy…”
 
“Oh come on dad,” she sighed and ran straight into the fog without another word. Ryo sighed and shook his head. “That's what I always liked about her.” Monodramon commented, “let's go, we gotta make sure she doesn't get hurt right?” Ryo nodded and ran in right after his partner and daughter. He found himself in front of a staircase, leading down to a dark tunnel. Without hesitation, he ran down the stairs in pursuit of his daughter.
 
Keishinko finally made it down the large flight of stairs and stood face-to-face with complete darkness. She walked forward slowly, but stopped suddenly when she heard laughing from the darkness. She swallowed hard, building up the courage she needed to face the monsters that hid in the dark. Slowly, she stepped closer to the shadows. The lion hybrid inched in clandestine, making sure that her enemies did not sense her. `All right, I can do this,' she told herself, `this won't be too hard.' She stood on the barrier between the shadows and the light, wound her fist behind her, and was about to swing until…
 
“Boo!” a white ghost popped out of nowhere. “Gah!” Keishinko reeled back in surprise. The ghost started to laugh uncontrollably. “What in the world…?”
 
“Bakemon,” Ryo said from behind, “a ghost digimon known to play tricks on everyone. Keish, I tried to warn you, you have to be more careful…”
 
“Hold up dad,” she stopped her father in between speaking, “I think there's more of those things.” Before long, several other Bakemon came flying out of the tunnel. “Oh crap,” Keishinko muttered, “what do I do?”
 
“Hey, Keish, you gotta fight back!” Monodramon yelled from behind, “Hey Ryo, I have to help her…”
 
“Hold on…” Ryo said, “Keish, its about time you learn how to fight properly, especially since your mom isn't around to stop you from fighting this time. First, concentrate. Don't let them distract you!”
 
“What?” Keishinko said as she continued to survey the many enemies flying around her, “you really want me to fight by myself?”
 
“Yes,” Ryo said again, “now concentrate. Mono can't really fight because he cannot evolve, so it's all up to you.” The younger Akiyama nodded and stopped fidgeting, standing completely still. `Concentrate,' the half digital lion girl told herself, `just how Kitsune meditates.' She stood there, still not moving much. The Bakemon continued to fly around, screeching and laughing. One flew directly at her, but Keishinko turned and threw her fist right into it, letting out a battle cry.
 
“Whoa,” she said to herself as she saw the Bakemon burst into pieces of data and dissipated. She looked at her fist, which at the time had a slight glow of orange, “what is this…?”
 
The elder Akiyama smirked, “That is your power, my daughter. You have an incredible fighting ability.” Keishinko turned to her father and his partner with a bewildered look on her face. “I'll tell you more later, we have to take care of the rest of these Bakemon! Mono, its time.” Monodramon nodded and jumped up and drove his fist into another ghost, “Beat Knuckle!” His drill fist dug straight through the sheet, turning another ghost digimon into bits of data. “That's how it's done Keish!” the gray, one-horned digimon smirked, “now let's see how many of these things we can delete. Winner doesn't have to clean for a week!” Keishinko laughed, “You're on, Mono!”
 
Ryo watched as his daughter and partner worked together to fight off the invading digimon. `I knew she could fight well,' The father spoke, `just a matter of time until Juri would actually let her fight.' He surveyed the battleground, and it was perfect for those Bakemon: dark, quiet, and creepy. Ryo began to count how many Bakemon were left, `lot of work to do here, 42 left.' “Hey, guys, there's 42 more.”
 
“That's another one for me!” Monodramon punched through another feeble ghost digimon, “better catch up Keish!”
 
“Just getting warmed up!” Keishinko smirked as her fists glow with a golden aura. He punched through another Bakemon. “Seven down!” She turned and was blindsided by a Bakemon's Hell's Hand attack. She fell to the floor. Monodramon turned to try to help her, but was attacked by two other Bakemon. “Keishinko! Monodramon!” Ryo yelled, “are you guys alright?” He ran over to the two fallen allies. As he tended to his digimon, three more Bakemon came flying at him. “Dad!” Keishinko got up and quickly ran at the three Bakemon. Before they could hit the Tamer, she tackled all three of them, sending them to the ground temporarily. “Dad, better get Mono out of here, I'll…” before she could finish; more Bakemon attacked the hybrid, sending her crashing to the tile floor of the subway station.
 
“Keishinko!” Ryo yelled again, “no, we have to get out of here! They're too strong!” Keishinko slowly pulled herself up, “no…I'll beat all of them…” Before she could stand up, the Bakemon tackled her again. “Its no use,” Ryo yelled at his only daughter, “we have to go! Now let's go…” Keishinko motioned to her father not to come closer, “No dad!” her eyes were burning with desire, “you wanted me to fight! I'll fight!” She got up again and turned to the dozens of Bakemon staring at her, “I'll take all of them on!”
 
Ryo tried to stop her again, but it was too late. She ran head on into the crowd of Bakemon in an attempt to destroy as many as she could. She was able to delete two or three, but there were too many once again, and she went flying to the ground again. “I…won't lose!” She tried again, but fell down. “Keishinko!” Ryo yelled again, but it was too late. The gang of ghost digimon came flying full speed, ready for the kill.
 
“Kill the hybrid!” the Bakemon group shouted as a group. Ryo's eyes bulged in a fearful surprise, `how did they know what she was? Do they know in the Digital World?'
 
“Not if I can help it.” A voice said from the staircase. Ryo turned to see who said that. The Legendary Tamer saw a silhouette of huge black wings and a woman standing right in front of them. “Devidramon! Blow them all back!” The wings behind swooshed down, creating a huge gust of wind, sending the flying sheets attacking the hybrid back.
 
“Karen!” Ryo's exclaimed, “Where have you been?”
 
“We'll talk later,” she stepped out of the shadows. Now Ryo saw her in full view. She still had her short brown hair, and wore a turtleneck sweater and a knee length skirt, “we have to save your daughter first. Devidramon, let's go!” The huge demon dragon digimon grunted in agreement and flew into battle. “Crimson Nail!”
 
Red laser-like nails flew through the air, piercing ten Bakemon, deleting them instantly. As the demonic dragon continued his fight to protect the injured hybrid, the injured hybrid laid silent, watching the whole siege from the cold, dark floor. `I…I'm losing,' she thought, with her eyes half open, `Dad told me I had to fight…I know I can fight…' She slowly pushed herself up with the little strength she regained.
 
“Keishinko!” Ryo said again as he ran over to his daughter, “it's okay, Devidramon and Karen are…”
 
“You told me to fight,” the younger Akiyama said, staring at her father, “I'll be damned if I don't finish this fight by myself.” She slowly walked towards the fighting black dragon, “hey, Devidramon, let me take care of this.” Devidramon slowly turned around and saw the hybrid. He looked over to his own tamer. Karen looked over at Keishinko, and then to her digimon, nodding. Devidramon left to stand by his tamer while the hybrid stood up against the several ghost digimon. “I'll kill every single one of you.”
 
“Kill the hybrid!” the Bakemon chanted sadistically, “Kill the hybrid!”
 
“Oh shut up!” Keishinko ran straight to the remaining Bakemon and punched through them with her glowing fists. Immediately, two more went up in data. “Die!” She yelled passionately as she continued to fight, deleting a total of five more.
 
“Twenty more,” Ryo muttered, “there's still too many…”
 
“Your daughter is incredible,” Karen said, “keep faith in her. She can do it.”
 
Keishinko breathed hard, `damn it, there's more of them…' The darkness surrounded her as she squinted to focus the other Bakemon she had to defeat, `I have to kill all of these things!' She ran forward again and tried to take out more, but five, ten, fifteen, twenty of them came at her all at once, sending her crashing on the ground. She coughed up crimson saliva as she lay on the floor.
 
“Keishinko…!” Ryo was about to run over to her, but Karen kept him at bay.
 
“If I'm not mistaken, you told her to fight,” Karen said simply, “if you pull her out now, you'll scar her pride, something very important to her.”
 
“But she'll die!” the father yelled, “I have to stop her!”
 
“Watch.” Karen said, “She's strong enough to fight on her own. If Keishinko is about to die, I'll send Devidramon in. Trust me, she'll be fine.” Ryo nodded and stood back to see his own daughter struggle to get up.
 
“Damn you stupid ghosts…” Keishinko coughed, “I won't lose. My father told me to fight, and I won't let him down. I'll take all of you out now!” With the last words, her fists grew brighter than before, and her eyes became a brighter brown than ever before. “Now, you will pay for trying to get into our world.” She ran towards the crowd of digimon again and suddenly stopped, her fists catching up with her body, creating a huge wave of energy, “Fist of the Beast Heir!” the wave ripped through the Bakemon like they were paper, until only one was left, “what the hell! I thought I killed all of you!”
 
“So, the hybrid is stronger than I thought,” the Bakemon laugh maniacally, “I need to do something drastic!” the sheet glowed, and evolved into a new digimon. What floated in front of the fatigued hybrid was another type of ghost, with a red cape and a gray cloth covering its mysterious body, “now I will kill you and turn you into a ghost! Death Sentence!” The new ghost digimon raised its scythe high. Keishinko barely got out of the way, avoiding the attack by a few inches. “Why don't you die?”
 
“A Phantomon!” Ryo said, “Keishinko, be careful, Phantomon is an Ultimate level digimon, its stronger!”
 
“I hate these things already…” Keishinko got up and was ready to attack again, staring straight at the digimon.
 
“I will kill you on behalf of the Digital World!” Phantomon said as it rushed in to try to attack, “Soul Chopper!” the scythe was glowing as it barely missed the female hybrid. “Now I got you!” Keishinko supported her weight on her arms as she kicked the Phantomon, sending the high-level ghost flying into the wall. She rushed in before it could recover and suddenly stopped again, “Fist of the Beast Heir!” the wave came flying out of her fist again.
 
“No!” The Phantomon shrieked as the energy from the attack deleted his own existence, “deleted, by…a hybrid!” the being disintegrated into the air. Keishinko stood in front of the wall, panting. “You better be the last of these things…” She stood up straight and turned. The hybrid began to walk over to the two tamers and digimon before she fell over.
 
Ryo ran over to his collapsed daughter. Karen watched from afar, “it's been a while since I've seen the others,” she spoke to Devidramon, “looks like his daughter is growing up better than I expected.” Devidramon nodded, “reminds me of that one girl I've met before.” She began to walk towards Ryo's general direction, “Let's go meet Ryo's daughter.” Karen walked over to Ryo and Keishinko, Keishinko leaning against her father for support.
 
“You okay Keishinko?” Karen smiled at the injured teen, “you can really fight well.”
 
“Thanks,” Keishinko sighed, “but that was my first time fighting. I really don't know how to fight.” She turned to her father, “how's Mono?”
 
“Sleeping, but he'll be fine.” Ryo informed Keishinko, “I'm more concerned about you, you were almost killed. Now I understand why your mother doesn't want you to fight…”
 
“Give me a break,” Keishinko shook her head, “it was my first fight! What do you expect? I'm supposed to destroy 60 or 70 digimon by myself? Besides, you're the one who sent me out there in the first place!” Karen sweat dropped as she watched the daughter and father argue.
 
“Look,” Karen interrupted the two Akiyamas, “I think the field here is closed so, lets get out of here.” Karen turned and began walking back to the surface.
 
“One question,” Keishinko said before they left the dark subway, “who are you?” Karen turned around and smiled at the hybrid again. “I'm an old family friend. Just call me Karen.”
 
“Well, okay,” Keishinko said, as she wobbled to stand by herself, “thanks for helping me out there Karen. I would have been dead without you.” She nodded, “no problem, but I'm a bit concerned, Devidramon was slightly weaker out there…”
 
“It's due to the field,” Ryo answered, “more on that later, we have to meet the others to make sure everything is sealed. We'll talk on the way back to the bakery.” With the final words, the Tamer and his daughter, and the other tamer walked up the stairs out into the open, back to the Matsuda Bakery.
 
---
 
“Closed,” a figure still in the subway reported into a radio. The being tipped its hat, “They have defeated the several Bakemon.”
 
“Really…”
 
“I'll go after them…”
 
“No,” the voice on the radio stopped them, “report back here. We have one more subject to research…”
 
 
A/N: Just want to point out that Karen is an original character from Mating Season (which again is the prequel of Hybrid Generations). Not much is shown about her in this chapter, but more info on her will become evident as the chapters continue.
 
About Keishinko's attacks and attack pattern: just like Kitsune, her attacks differ from their respective root attacks. In this case, her version of “Fist of the Beast King” (which is Leomon's attack) is continuous when she uses it. “Fist of the Beast Heir” (which is what Keishinko instinctively yelled) is much more similar to “Fist of the Beast King” as it is a projectile. The name was chosen simply because it fits her much better, and again, she isn't necessarily like her “biological” digimon father.
 
Please R&R, and again I hoped you enjoy this story, I do work hard on it.
 
---Dexstrosity the LdOFDestruction