Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hybrid Generations ❯ Reassurance ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: It has been a while hasn't it? Anyway, I just started college and I finally found some time to put up the latest installment. Enjoy.
 
Chapter 11: Reassurance
 
Keishinko walked into the kitchen the next morning to find her mother making breakfast. “Good morning mom,” Keishinko yawned as she sat down at the table.
 
“Good morning,” Juri turned around and saw the bruises on her daughter's face, “oh my, what happened?”
 
“What?” the teenage Akiyama looked at her mother, “oh, umm, well there was that fight with Digimon yesterday…”
 
“You got into a fight with digimon?” Juri walked over to the table with food, “how come I wasn't called for this?” Keishinko looked at her mother strangely. “It was your father wasn't it?” Juri sighed as she took a seat, “he probably thought I wouldn't let you fight.”
 
“I wouldn't know mom,” Keishinko lied as she took a slice of bread off the plate, `even though dad told me to fight because you weren't there…'
 
“Nonsense,” Juri said, “I know your father. He probably said, “You should learn how to fight now since your mother isn't around.”” Keishinko avoided eye contact with her mother, “he did say that, didn't he?”
 
“I can't remember,” Keishinko lied again.
 
“Don't worry, you won't get in trouble for fighting,” Juri took a sip of her tea, “I don't know what your father thinks about me, but I would let you fight.”
 
“Really,” Keishinko felt a bit awkward after hearing both her mother and father encourage her to fight, “well, dad did say I should fight.” Her mother looked down into her cup of brown liquid, “is that okay with you?”
 
Juri smiled and she looked at her daughter again, “Of course,” Juri nodded, “actually, I was hoping to ask your father and Monodramon to train you.” Keishinko was surprised by her mother's acceptance to let her fight. “Honestly, I really wanted to teach you to fight myself, but…” she laughed slightly as she wiped a tear from her eye, “well, I'm not much of the fighting type. And your father is a much better tamer than I was.”
 
“Mom…” Keishinko looked at her mother in a sympathetic way.
 
“Just one question,” Juri looked at her daughter again, “why did you have to fight yesterday, you were at Kitsune's house weren't you?”
 
Keishinko put down her spoon, ready to tell the complete story of what happened last night, “well, I was at Kitsune's house for the afternoon, but we heard a huge explosion and we looked out the window. We saw that it was at Uncle Takato's Bakery and then Kitsune's mom came in and told us we had to fight.” Juri was now completely caught up into the story, “So we got down there and saw that Guilmon and Terriermon were fighting these digimon. They killed them and then Kitsune's dad told us we had to fight to save the Real World. So all of us broke into different teams. I was with Dad and Mono, Kitsune was with Takato and Renamon, and Atsuiko was with Uncle Jen and Terriermon. I had to fight a bunch of those ghost digimon in the subway and…” Before she could finish her story, Ryo walked into the kitchen.
 
“Oh, Juri,” Ryo sweat dropped, “Keish is telling the story of what happened last night?” `Crap, I'm going to die…'
 
“Yes,” Juri took another sip of her tea, “and why wasn't I told about that? Hm, dear?” Ryo laughed nervously. “I'll deal with you later, let Keishinko finish her story.”
 
Keishinko chuckled, “anyway, I fought a bunch of those ghost digimon, and I was being beaten before Karen and Devidramon saved me. Then I got up and beat the rest of them with a Fist of the Beast Heir.” Juri looked over to Ryo, who nodded and smiled. “And then we walked back to the Bakery.”
 
`Fist of the Beast Heir…' Juri thought, with a smile on her face, “Wow,” the mother acknowledged the incredible story, “why would I worry if you don't fight or not if you can do those incredible things?”
 
Keishinko laughed, “You don't have to worry about me.” She looked over to her father who smirked and turned to pour a cup of coffee. “I need to head over to Kitsune's place, I forgot my guitar there, is that okay?” Juri nodded, giving her the privilege. She got up from the table, thanked her mother for breakfast and went off to get ready to leave. Ryo took her seat at the table. “Not worried, eh?”
 
“Not calling me to watch my daughter's first fight?” Juri glared at her husband, “and what was that about me not letting her fight?” Ryo's sweat dropped.
 
Ryo laughed nervously, “I thought you didn't want her to fight. You wouldn't let me take her to the Digital World…”
 
“That's different.” Juri took a sip of her tea again, “forget it. I am surprised by the name of her attack though.”
 
“Nostalgic isn't it?” Ryo asked as he unfolded the newspaper.
 
“Fist of the Beast Heir,” Juri smiled, “that's an appropriate name for the attack. I did promise him that…” Ryo looked over at his wife and smiled at the thought. For the rest of the morning, the two Akiyama parents were silent.
 
~*~
 
Alice walked down the hallway of her apartment, passing the door that led to Atsuiko's room. She looked over to the stained, wooden door, `hope she's doing okay,' Alice thought, `yesterday was the first time she had a confrontation of any kind.' She began to walk again, but stopped. The mother turned and walked up to the door and opened it slightly. The morning light was scattered across the room in strips. Parts of the room were covered in light, while others were completely shrouded in darkness. Atsuiko was sitting up in her bed, leaning against the headboard.
 
“Atsuiko,” Alice opened the door fully, “are you okay dear?”
 
Atsuiko looked over to her mother, almost with tears in her eyes, “mother,” her face was filled with sadness, “my fighting ability. Why is it darkness? Why is it…evil?” The mother looked almost sympathetic for her daughter. She walked over to the bed and sat down on the bed by her daughter.
 
“Dear,” she placed her hand on the covers of the bed, “your fighting ability is a gift. It's a gift that has a use entirely up to you. I know that it is darkness, but it doesn't have to be used for evil.”
 
“But it IS darkness,” Atsuiko began to cry, “It's impure. I don't want to be evil…” She leaned over and rests her head on her mother's shoulder.
 
“No, you're not evil,” Alice comforted her daughter, “no, you make your powers what you want it to be. The darkness you possess isn't evil, it's a strength that you are given.” Atsuiko continued to cry over a few more minutes as Alice stayed to comfort her. Before long, the younger McCoy felt better, but wanted to ask more questions.
 
“Mother,” Atsuiko asked quietly, “my powers…did father have the same?”
 
“I…” Alice paused. Like the others, she had never seen Dobermon fight before and she didn't know as much as Ruki did in terms of digimon type, “don't know. Your father never really battled like you did.” Atsuiko looked a slightly disappointed by the response, but wanted to ask more questions.
 
“If father did have the same powers that I did,” Atsuiko continued, “then, was he evil?”
 
Alice was silent again, “dear, darkness is not evil. Sometimes it is, but they were you and your father's powers. Like you, your father chose to use his darkness for the good of the world and us Tamers…”
 
“Then why when I was in the darkness realm I felt like I was in complete control and I wanted to inflict pain?” Atsuiko suddenly asked. Alice seemed to be caught by surprise, and Atsuiko looked down in shame, “I told Ruki-san that it was scary and I never wanted to do it again. But she convinced me that I should do what was good for my family, friends, and the rest of the world. When I did perform Grau Realm when I fought, I accepted those feelings of sadism and power. I actually wanted to kill those digimon that attacked Terriermon and Lee-san.”
 
“Atsuiko…”
 
“It just felt like I was doing to right thing, but at the same time I wasn't,” Atsuiko kept her eyes locked staring at the ground, “After the battle I told Ruki-san that I could control it, but how could I control those feelings?” For the first time, Alice could not think of something to say other than what she told her before. But she had to try, and she did.
 
“You know,” Alice looked directly at Atsuiko's face, “to protect the ones we all love, we resort to anything to protect them. Ruki-san was right about protecting the ones you love, but there is a line when you protect others, and when you're harming yourself. Atsuiko, it is your choice. If you think you're fighting ability harms you in any way, then its up to you to decide if you should use it or not.” The younger McCoy remained silent, “are you okay with that Atsuiko?”
 
“Y…yeah,” she whispered, “Thank you Mother.” She smiled and hugged her. Alice smiled and invited her to eat breakfast and finally come out of the darkness of her room. The hybrid gladly accepted.
 
~*~
 
Kitsune landed on the ground, panting and completely tired. “Mom…” he breathed hard, “why are we training so hard after what I did on Friday?” Renamon appeared a few feet in front of him.
 
“Are you hurt?” Renamon asked. Kitsune shook his head, but then collapsed into a tired, sweaty heap onto the forest ground. Renamon sighed, “okay, we'll take a break then.” Kitsune breathed relief and collapsed backwards onto the green grass. The waterfall's song continued in the background as Kitsune's harsh pants died down to slow breaths. Trees around secluded the two so they could train in tranquility without the fear of gathering curious spectators. He stared at the sky as he struggled to get his tail out from under him. “Kitsune,” Renamon walked over to her collapsed son, “I know you tried hard yesterday, and I know you are strong, but remember that digimon can attack at any moment, so we must be prepared…”
 
“Okay,” Kitsune closed his eyes, “but mom, it's the weekend. Can't I just relax for a little bit?”
 
“What do you think you're doing right now?” Renamon smirked. The hybrid teenager sighed at the remark. Jenrya walked out to where the two were training.
 
“You know, this was supposed to be a place to relax,” Jenrya pointed out, “how did you two begin to spar? I left you guys for about a minute…”
 
“Mom made me.” Kitsune languidly pointed at his mother. Renamon shot a glare at her son. Jenrya shot a glare at Renamon.
 
“Renamon,” Jenrya shook his head, “Kitsune just had a major fight last night, and you have him training already?”
 
“All those training years with Ruki-san seemed to rub off,” Renamon smirked, “besides, it's good for him.”
 
“Guess you're right,” The long haired Lee agreed, “but he looks like he's about to fall apart. I think its time for both of you to take a break. Come on, Kitsune, Renamon, that's why we're out here, to relax.” He began to walk away from the two as Kitsune pushed himself to his feet, “and later, I'll let your mother torture you more.”
 
“Okay,” Kitsune sighed, “I'm just going to wash up for a little bit.” He walked over to the small lake and waterfall and began to wash off his face and hair. `I wonder about that email last night,' the fox boy thought as he ran the cool water though his scalp and long ears, `Higura, that was that person's name.'
 
Renamon appeared right beside her son, “Hurry it up, your father is waiting for us.”
 
“Mom,” Kitsune began as he splashed more water on his face, “do you know of anyone known as Higura?”
 
Renamon looked down at her son, “no.” Kitsune paused and looked up to his mother, “you sure?”
 
“Yes, there is no one I know of whose name is Higura.” Renamon assured her son, “why?”
 
Kitsune turned to face the clear water once again, “no reason, just wondering.” But before his hands could touch the water again, Kitsune's ears twitched. He looked up and saw his mother had the same feeling. He placed his glasses on his face again and stood up straight, completely alert. “Mom…”
 
“Kitsune,” Renamon said calmly, “I know already. Someone's here.”
 
-----
 
A/N: Um, well, sorry for the lack of updates again ^^;;;, but I'll try to update as soon as I get the chance. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please R&R.
 
~DeXstrosity the LdOFDestruction