Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Unity ❯ Awakened ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Unity
DISCLAIMER: Don't own, don't sue.
CHAPTER 3: Awakened
 
Leon woke up much later than he normally would've. He hadn't even opened his eyes, and he could tell that it was very late in the morning, considering there were no birds chirping outside his window, and there were no sounds that announced his parents' pre-work activities. He made to get up, and then froze. Something had brushed across his cheek. What is that? He wondered. It feels like cat's fur, but we don't have a- He opened his eyes. Aw, hell no… He was staring into a mass of white fur, and a purple-gloved arm was draped across his chest. There was no doubt about it: Renamon had somehow wound up in his bed.
He jumped out of bed, his throat completely dry. This shouldn't be happening, this isn't happening, this isn't real, it's just a dream…He found his voice at last, and unleashed a scream that would've made a vampire's blood run cold.
Renamon's eyes shot open. She jumped up, shifting into an attack stance, then relaxed, seeing Leon. She still looked confused. “Leon, what is going on? Why were you screaming?”
Leon was not taking waking up with his Digimon partner in his bed very well, even if he was still wearing his pajamas. “I don't know, you j-just stay back!”
She sat down across from him. “Leon, I thought you had logged out of the game…”
“I DID log out! You're the one who's in MY bedroom, in MY bed, sprawled out all over the place like, like…” At that precise moment, a much louder scream came through the wall. “Dammit, that was Naomi!” Leon ran out his door and into the next bedroom over. “Come on; tell me that wasn't what I think it was…”
Leon and Renamon burst into the room. Lo and behold, Palmon was standing in the middle of the now-demolished bedroom. Stuffed animals, PS3 accessories, and other articles of Naomi's possessions littered the floor, and Naomi herself was backed into a corner, fending off the (slightly confused) plant Digimon with her beloved moogle plushie. Had Leon not just gone through a similar event, he probably would've burst out laughing; the whole scene was quite comical. She turned to look at Leon, but noticing who was standing behind him, promptly keeled over in a dead faint.
“Oh, just great,” Leon sighed. “I need some coffee. Do you want some coffee? Nevermind, you don't need coffee. Yeah. Coffee a-and doughnuts. Yeah.”
Palmon was utterly bewildered. “Was it something I did?” she whispered.
“I do not know,” Renamon answered. “But I am sure that someone can explain this.” She looked over Naomi's body. “We should probably take her downstairs.”
*****************************************
Leon was standing in the kitchen, shakily pouring out some of the coffee left over from his parents. Okay, let's recap here: I logged out of the game last night. So did Naomi. I woke up this morning with a face full of Renamon's fur, and by the sound of things, Naomi woke up in a similar position.Yeah, that just about sums it up. Just one question: WHY did this happen? They're supposed to be video game characters, not real-live animal… things! Have I gone crazy? He then noticed Renamon and Palmon carrying Naomi down the stairs, then depositing her in an armchair, and moving on. Renamon calmly sat on the floor, legs crossed and eyes closed in meditation, while Palmon got hold of Naomi's cell phone. He crossed over to her, put the phone in his pocket, and moved onto the couch. Something shiny caught his eye. There, on Naomi's left wrist, was a very complex-looking watch. The little LCD screen was glowing slightly, and was surrounded by several buttons. It was lime green, of all colors. He would've made a comment about the ugly watch, had he not just noticed a similar watch on his own wrist. His was a sky-blue color. “Huh,” he said quietly. “Well, time to wake up miss `Sleeping Beauty' over here…” he poked Naomi hard in the side, which woke her up quite effectively.
“Oh, please tell me that was just a dream,” she whispered. Palmon chose that moment to plop down in her lap. “I guess not. Leon, how did this happen?”
“And how the fuck am I supposed to know that?”
Her face darkened. “Don't talk like that. I tell you what though, Mom and Dad are gonna freak!”
“Typical Naomi,” he muttered. “What's that watch on your arm?”
“What watch?”
“The watch that we seem to have a matching set of,” he showed her his own and pointed out hers.
She glanced down and started examining it. She pushed a button, and the screen lit up. On it now was what looked like a little radar screen, with two dots blinking right in the center. Her face lit up instantly. “Leon?”
“Find something?”
“Leon, I think… I know what these are…”
“Well? What are they?”
“Leon,” her face turned deadly serious. “I think these are… Digivices.”
The two of them sat in stunned silence as the full meaning of the words sank in. Finally, Leon burst out laughing. “DIGIVICES?! Haha, you mean like on the show? C'mon, get real! That. Is. A. TV SHOW! None of that is real!”
“Then what are they?” she countered. She got a blank look in return. “See, look: They've got these little slots in the side; I bet those are to `Digi-Modify', like in Season 3. And this little radar screen is pointing out the two of us! Look, it all fits! Our Digimon come into the real world, and we find these little watches! Oh my God, do you know what this means? We get to be real-live Digi-Destined!”
“Oh, please,” Leon started, even though he was starting to see her `logic' (if it could be called that) “If these are really…” He was cut off by a loud, beeping version of the `Final Fantasy X Battle Theme' coming from his pocket. He pulled out Naomi's cell phone. Sure enough, it was `ringing', and flashing, and Renamon opened an eye, clearly annoyed at the sudden noise. “Here,” Leon tossed the phone over.
“Hello?”
“Naomi?”
“Yeah. Listen, DJ, this really isn't a good time, we …”
“I REALLY need to talk to you guys about something here. Could you meet me in the Login Room in an hour? It's REALLY important!”
“Okay, fine. One hour, got it. Bye.” She clicked the phone off.
“He sounded worried,” Leon admitted. “I wonder if… We should definitely meet him.”
“Yeah, you're right. There's just one, no, two problems: How are we gonna get Renamon and Palmon inside without causing a riot?” Naomi had a point.
“Well,” he looked Palmon up and down. “I guess Palmon's small enough to pass as a toy…”
“But what about Renamon? You can't exactly pass her off as an oversized plushie, can you?”
“No,” he replied. “But we might be able to get away with saying it's a very realistic costume!” He grinned sheepishly.
Naomi proceeded to bang her head on the table in frustration.
Leon, meanwhile, was interesting himself with the buttons on his (Digivice?), if that was indeed what it was. Pushing one button turned it into the radar screen, where the two dots were blinking, one green, one light blue. A second button appeared to do nothing, while a third set up what looked like a little TV screen, whose purpose he had no clue of. He pushed the last button, and a bright light shot out of the screen, engulfing Renamon. In a few seconds, the light cleared, and Renamon was gone.
Naomi looked up from her head-bashing. “You pushed one of the buttons, didn't you?” she cried exasperatedly. “Let me see that!” she grabbed his arm. “Which one did you push?”
“That one, over on the far right.”
“Okay, what does this baby do?” She pushed the button once again, and the light flashed again, and Renamon was safely in the room. “Idiot,” she breathed.
Renamon was, to say the least, a little shaken up. “What… just happened?”
Naomi examined her own Digivice with interest. “It appears that my idiot brother started playing around with buttons, and unwittingly discovered a way of making Digimon portable, easy to move, and furthermore, capable of being transported without arousing too many questions.”
“So, problem solved!” Leon said happily. In a more serious tone, he added, “Renamon, you okay? That didn't hurt, did it?” Why am I so worried about her?
“No,” came the reply. “It didn't hurt, it just felt… strange, that's all.”
“Well,” said Naomi, “At least this way, people won't ask questions about Renamon, and I don't have to carry Palmon all the time!”
~-_END_-~
 
Next Chapter:
Crossroads
DJ had something important to tell Leon and Naomi, and the twins realize they're not as alone in this as they thought!
READ AND REVIEW!!!!