Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Unity ❯ A Little 'Girl Talk' ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Unity
DISCLAIMER: Don't own, don't sue. All human characters are mine, though. So's the plot.
[A/N: Okay, this chapter is going to be a little boring, but I feel that it is integral to the plot. So, if you want flat-out action or pure romance, wait a little while, okay? Also, this story is going to get a lot more romance-y from here on out, and relationships between humans and Digimon WILL exist, so if that kind of thing offends you, you may want to stop reading. If you flame, your review WILL be deleted. There is a difference between flaming and constructive criticism; if you're just reviewing to tell me that I should change couples or major plot elements, don't. That's all.]
CHAPTER 5: A Little Girl Talk
 
{Renamon's POV}
Renamon waited until Leon had already gone into his room for the night before sneaking to Naomi's bedroom next door. Luckily, Leon and Naomi's parents had to go on a `business trip', and would be gone for the next two days, temporarily averting any awkward questions. Renamon was very troubled by the day's events, and incidentally, they had nothing to do with Cairn.
Naomi's door was wide open, and she was lying on the bed, and was apparently trying to teach Palmon to play video games, with little success. She looked up, and, seeing Renamon standing in the doorway, hit the `pause' button and sat up.
“You want something, Renamon?” Naomi smiled sweetly.
“I was wondering if I could discuss something with you,” the Fox Digimon looked around nervously. “May I come in?”
Naomi looked at her quizzically, but said, “Go right ahead. By the way, you don't have to be so formal with me. Whatcha wanna talk about?” She sat cross-legged on the bed, pulling her pillow and a soda to her.
“Well, I have been feeling strangely lately, and you seem to know about Digimon, so I decided to ask you,” Renamon felt the blush rise to her cheeks again, and mentally cursed herself for it.
“Was it something Devimon did, or has it been going on for longer?” Naomi looked concerned.
“I do not believe it was something Devimon did, but it only started today…”
“Well, what exactly are you feeling?” the girl drank deeply from her soda.
Renamon sat down, leaning against the wall. “It is… difficult to describe; I suppose it's not quite… unpleasant, but it feels completely alien to me…”
Naomi smiled slightly. “Would you like some chocolate?”
“I beg your pardon?”
“Do you want some chocolate?” she produced a small box from under the bed. “It's supposed to help you feel better, something to do with hormones and endorphins, or something like that,” she offered Renamon a piece.
“I…suppose,” Renamon cautiously popped it into her mouth, and immediately spat it out, much to Naomi's amusement.
“You're supposed to unwrap it, silly!” Renamon did as told, and instantly marveled at how the little bar melted in her mouth. “It tastes good, huh? Want some more?” She tossed a handful over, then handed some over to Palmon, who immediately started munching on it rapturously. “Well, I might know what's happening, but first I gotta know one thing; by chance, does it involve a guy?”
“A… a what?”
Naomi sighed exasperatedly. “You know, a guy, a boy, a member of the opposite sex, or else a male?”
“Oh,” there went the blush again. “I… yes.”
The girl looked absolutely gleeful. “Do you get chills or blush a lot whenever he's around?”
“Yes.”
“What about feeling weak whenever he's around?”
“… Yes.”
Naomi smiled still wider. “You can't get him out of your head, can you?”
“No, I can't.”
“Finally,” She grinned deviously, “Do you find that you have a problem speaking to him?”
“Yes,” Renamon's face was practically on fire now. “Do you know what's wrong with me?”
“Yes and no,” Naomi drained the last of her soda, and reached for another one. “But nothing's wrong with you, and it has nothing to do with your being a Digimon. I gotta tell you, though; whoever it is, you got it bad.”
“I've got what bad?”
“It's simple, Renamon; you're in love.”
“W-w-what?!”
“Renamon,” her face turned deadly serious. “Look, both my parents are psychologists. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you've got the hots for some lucky mon.”
“What do mean by `I'm in love?' What is `love,' anyway?”
“Love just means that you really care about someone and want to be with them. So,” she grinned mischievously again, “If you don't mind my asking, who's this lucky guy anyways?”
The question caught Renamon completely off guard. “I, ah…”
Naomi's eyes widened, comprehension dawning on her face. “Oh. Well, it's okay, I promise I won't tell anybody that you like Devimon,” she winked at her brother's Digimon.
Renamon face-faulted (in classic anime fashion). I thought this was going in a completely different direction, she thought.
“If you want my advice,” Naomi continued, “Find something you both like to do and then tell, no, scratch that, show him that you love him. Believe me, if you play to his strengths, you'll have him eating out of your hand! Take Leon for example: he totally digs a girl who's into music and all that crazy Zen stuff. That's what he does, you know; after he takes a shower, he lights some incense, turns Aerosmith up full blast on the stereo, and does yoga. Apparently it helps with stress. I'll never figure him out…” She shook her head. “Well, did I answer your questions?”
“Yes, I thank you. Good night,” she left the room, closing the door behind her. Then, a thought suddenly crossed her mind.What if Leon does not accept me? We are not even the same species, and... I don't know what I'd do if he refused me! Then she thought about what Naomi had said. He enjoys meditation and music…Play to his strengths, and prove to him that I love him… Thank you, Naomi; you have been more of a help to me than you know... She walked slowly forward, hand quaking as she reached out to open Leon's door…
 
 
 
 
Cliffhanger! Don't kill me! Also, thank you to all those wonderful people who reviewed! Ya'al rock! I hope this chapter wasn't too boring! Next chapter:
Sweet Misery, Indeed…
 
Renamon confronts Leon about her feelings. Will he freak, and refuse, leaving his partner heartbroken, or will he realize the shocking truth?