Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Unity ❯ Sweet Misery, Indeed... ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Unity
DISCLAIMER: I don't own anything in this story except my human characters, a couple of the Digimon characters, and the plot. Any songs mentioned belong to Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, John Whitman, Tom Hamilton, and Joey Kramer, a.k.a. Aerosmith.
[A/N: This chapter WILL contain romantic, but NOT sexual, situations between a human and a Digimon, so, if you are offended by such things, don't read this.]
CHAPTER 6: Sweet Misery, Indeed…
 
{Leon's POV}
Leon had just gotten out of the shower. For some reason, he'd always liked the water as cold as he could stand it, and at as high a pressure the shower would go. The whole experience left him feeling raw and somehow soothed. He lit a small incense cone, breathing in the fragrant smoke. Striding over to his CD collection, he searched for a song to listen to. Finally, his eyes landed on one of his Aerosmith albums, `Toys in the Attic.' Popping the disc in, Leon started to dry himself off as the opening drum beat of `Walk This Way' played in the background. He slipped suddenly on the hard wood of his floor, and ended up flat on his ass. Oddly enough, it was at that precise moment his door opened. Green met blue, and Leon was suddenly painfully aware of the fact that Renamon was standing in his doorway, staring at him, and his towel had soared a good two feet away from him, granting his Digimon an unobstructed view of his body.
Though his head was screaming to grab the towel, to do something, he found that, frankly, his body couldn't give less of a damn. They made eye contact, sending an electric chill rushing up his spine. She's staring… he thought in shock. She's fucking staring at me… And then, in an instant, the spell was broken, and Leon scrambled frantically for the towel, blushing like mad. At the same time, Renamon jerked back into the hallway, banging her head on the doorframe with a muttered apology.
Leon sat for a minute, quietly reflecting on what had just happened. What the hell was THAT all about? Was she oglingme?! He wondered.I don't believe it; Renamon was fucking ogling me! His first reaction was to be completely disgusted, but suddenly, another thought careened through his head: Does she actually think I'm hot? <No way! Just get those thoughts out of your head, Leon!> You know, she's actually kind of… beautiful… <Beautiful?! She's a damn Digimon, so quit it with the jerk-off fantasies and put some damn clothes on before someone else comes in to stare!>
Meanwhile…
{Renamon's POV}
Great, just great, Renamon thought bitterly. Not only did you walk in on him WHILE he was naked, but you just hadto go and stare at him! <But you have to admit,> said a nasty little voice in her head, <For a human, there's quite a lot to stare AT…>
Then Leon's voice interrupted her `thoughts.' “You can come in now, Renamon…”
Leon was sitting on his bed, thankfully fully clothed this time, face still beet-red. Renamon averted her eyes nervously. “I'm… sorry about that…”
Leon flushed a still deeper shade of crimson. “Don't worry about it. It's not your fault,” he said quietly. “Did you want to talk about something?”
“Yes, I…” the words died in her throat. Once again, the unwelcome blush set her face aflame. “Do you lo- mind if I join you?” She had almost slipped; once again, Renamon mentally cursed herself.
Leon looked surprised. “You want to… do yoga with me?”
“Yes,” her throat was very dry now. “I… Oh, gods,” She found herself lost within his emerald eyes again, the way the moonlight made them glow, the magical way they sparkled whenever he smiled, and felt her body moving, almost of its own accord. She sat next to him on the bed. “Leon, I…” a surge of emotion coursed through her veins, and her heart finally broke free of her control. “I can't hold this back any more!”
{Leon's POV}
The moment Renamon entered the room, Leon knew something was wrong. Her movements were jerky, and her paws were shaking. His worry deepened when he noticed the way she was talking. Her voice, usually so strong but quiet, was now quavering slightly, and her speech was hesitant. By the time she planted herself on the bed next to him, Leon was beyond freaked out. She was much too close, and she was looking at him rather oddly. Next thing he knew, her eyes grew watery, and she whispered, almost in his ear, “Leon, I… I can't hold this back any more!”
Her lips connected with his, and Leon's mind went completely numb. She was kissing him, and not just a light peck on the lips, either. No, in his moment of shock, she had managed to slide her tongue into his mouth, and her arms were wrapped around his back. He really didn't have any clue what to do; any previous relationships had never made it past the second date, and while his subconscious was completely disgusted, his heart was screaming at him to kiss back. In that infinitesimal moment, he was all, and at the same time, sort of nothing. His brain was fighting a veritable nuclear war with his soul, and the former was losing badly. Finally, in one final snatch at victory, his mind managed to control his voice, if only for a moment, and Leon barely mustered the strength to choke out, “R-Renamon?!”
She suddenly seemed to realize what she was doing, and broke away from him, a fresh wave of tears streaming down her face. “Oh, gods, I'm so sorry Leon! I never should have done that, I didn't mean to upset-“
Leon halted her, placing a finger to her lips. “It's alright, I'm not mad, it's just…” she looked into his eyes again, sending yet another subzero shiver down his back. He finally sighed, and in barely more than a whisper, added, “Don't stop.”
Renamon choked back her tears, and gave him what was possibly the biggest and most beautiful smile in history. Leaning forward, she gently pressed her lips against his own. She teased his lips apart, and inserted her tongue again. Leon marveled at how it felt; it was rough, very like a cat's, and each time it brushed the roof of his mouth, he could feel a rush of ecstasy flood his body. This time, they both lingered, holding the kiss as long as they could, until they broke apart, panting.
Leon grinned deviously. “Somebody's been eating chocolate.”
“What?” Renamon looked briefly puzzled, then looked away quietly. “Yes… Naomi gave me some.”
He smiled. “Sweet misery, indeed…”
“What do you mean by that?”
“It's a line from a song,” Leon replied. “Aerosmith, my favorite band. The song in question is one of my favorites. Hold on, I'll show you.” He browsed through his collection, selecting a CD labeled `Get a Grip.' Removing `Toys in the Attic,' Leon placed the new CD in the player, and pushed track select to Track 9. A very loud guitar opening played, accompanied by saxophones. Renamon stared at Leon quizzically, but he silenced her with a look. Once the opening was done, Leon started to sing along with the CD:
There was a time
When I was so broken-hearted
Love wasn't much of a friend of mine
The tables have turned, yeah
`Cause me and them ways have parted
That kind of love was the killin' kind!”
He pulled her off the bed and smiled, still singing. You had to admit, he had a pretty good voice.
“All I want
Is someone I can't resist
I know all I need to know by the way that I got kissed!
I was cryin' when I met you
Now I'm tryin' to forget you
Your love is sweet misery…
I was cryin' just to get you
Now I'm dyin' `cause I let you
Do what you do down to me!”
Renamon, in all truth, looked impressed. “You sing very well, Leon…”
Leon blushed slightly. “Yeah, well, you listen to enough music, and you'll eventually be able to sing a little.”
Renamon pulled him into her lap. “Leon?”
“Yeah?”
“I… I love you,”
He reached up and tweaked her ear affectionately. “I lo-“
“LEON! RENAMON! GET IN HERE!” Naomi's shrill voice pierced the night like a hot knife through butter.
“Talk about ruining the mood,” Leon sighed. “Well, we better go see what she wants…”
“Leon,” Renamon stopped him. “Should we tell her?”
His face darkened. “No, I don't think we should.”
“Why not?”
“Because,” he whispered. “Just because I don't find a problem with us being… different, doesn't mean nobody else will.”
“Oh. So, we shall keep it secret?”
“For now, yes.”
“Alright, Leon, but I do not like this…”
“I'm just trying to protect you; if people found out, they might try to separate us… or worse.”
As they stepped into Naomi's room, they found her frantically typing on the computer.
“What's wrong?” Leon asked.
“It's Cairn,” she drank from a soda on the desk. “I just got an email from him.”
“Wait a minute!” Leon was suddenly enraged. “How'd that prick get your email?!”
“He probably went to the Digimon Online website and looked it up.”
“He can do that? Never mind. What'd he say?”
“He says,” Naomi looked around at her twin. “He's found another Digi-Destined.”
“What?! How?! Who?!
Naomi read through the email. “He says he's set up a meeting tomorrow at noon, Eastern Time. We're on Mountain Time, so that's 10:00 AM. Should we go?”
Leon kneaded his forehead. “Okay. With luck, he won't be as much of an ass as Cairn.”
“This gets more complicated every minute…” Naomi beat her head on the keyboard.
“Tell me about it…” Leon glanced at Renamon. “Well, Palmon, Naomi, good night.”
“'Night!” came the collective reply.
Back in Leon's room, the new lovers faced a slight predicament; there was only Leon's twin-size bed, and neither Leon nor Renamon wanted to let the other sleep on the floor. “You take the bed,” Leon said. “I'll be fine on the floor.”
“No, I will be comfortable enough in the tree outside,” Renamon insisted. “You may sleep in the bed.”
“Are you crazy? This is Colorado! Summer or not, you'll freeze!”
“I have fur.”
“Well, I'm not going to let you sleep outside, like some dog!”
Renamon smiled mischievously. “I think I have a solution.”
“And what's that?!”
“We could share the bed.”`
“Well, somebody's trying to jump the gun.”
“What?!” Catching the look in Leon's eye, she quickly replied, “No, I did not mean it that way!”
“Do you realize what my parents would do if they found out I slept with a Digimon, clothes on or not?”
“Your parents are not here,” she retorted, then gave him a pleading look. “I will keep you warm, if you wish.”
“… Okay, fine.”
Renamon crawled beneath the sheet, holding it open for him. He climbed in after her, and she wrapped her arms around him, curling her tail around his legs, pulling him close. In an instant, the room which was usually freezing over at night was perfectly warm. As he nuzzled into her soft fur, Leon marveled at how easy it would be to just fall asleep in this position, which he did rather quickly. Just before drifting off, he whispered, “I love you too, Renamon…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
FINALLY, ROMANCE!!!!!! And, this is the longest chapter yet! Hooray for me!
Also hooray for reviewers! Though, I haven't been getting reviews lately. Please, people, review!!! I need to know that I am loved! By the way, for non-Aerosmith fans out there, the song was Cryin', copyright 1983. Anywho, SNEAK PREVIEW!!
NEXT CHAPTER: Shadow and Flame
Leon & co. meet up with Cairn and the fifth Digi-Destined. Who is it? Read and find out!