Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Why You Shouldn't Fall In Love With A Straight Boi ❯ Away From The Sun ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T FALL IN LOVE WITH A STRAIGHT BOI
By: Daisuke Motomiya
 
Author: cjtokage
Disclaimer: Don't own Digimon period.
Warnings: Yaoi, song-fic, one-sided Daikeru (sorry), Taishiro (yeah), Takari (gag), Yamora (double gag),
 
Artist: Three Doors Down, Album:Away From the Sun, Song title:Away From the Sun
Single `quotes' indicates thoughts
Italics indicates song lyrics
 
 
Chapter Three: Away From the Sun
 
It's down to this
I've got to make this life make sense
Can anyone tell what I've done?
I miss the life
I miss the colors of the world
Can anyone tell where I am?
Cause now again I've found myself so far down
Away from the sun that shines into the darkest place
I'm so far down away from the sun again
Away from the sun again
 
I've been gone for two weeks and two days now and I'm down to buying one small meal a day as I continue to walk north. I have not resorted to stealing, nor do I plan to. Instead I have learned to pick out unspoiled food from the dumpsters behind restaurants or if I'm lucky I might find some kind person to give me a hot meal and/or a place to sleep at night. I have lost weight these past two weeks, I know because I had to buy a cheap belt at a second hand store in order to hold my pants up. My shirts and jacket also don't fit right anymore. I think I might be coming down with a cold too. I am currently making my way through a residential area in Hanamaki which is just south of Morioka, the capital of the Iwate-prefecture. It is dusk dark now so I need to find someplace out of the weather to stay for the night. I usually don't travel this late but I haven't found any place that looks safe to stay in yet. I have to be careful because not counting pimps or drug dealers, there are plenty of assholes out there just looking for an easy mark to pick off, and with my youth and current state of health I probably look like one.
 
SHIT, it's a good thing I have become such a light sleeper lately or this bastard would have been all over me before I knew what was happening. Now I at least have a fighting chance out here in the open. Plus if worse comes to worse I can run and make it out of here alive though that would mean abandoning my bag and I don't want to do that. Okay, he's making his first move and it's pretty stupid. He obviously thinks I'm some dumb punk kid, alone on the streets, with no protection. Well actually those first two are fairly accurate, but the not having protection part couldn't be further from the truth. I palm one of my wrist throwing knives, keeping it out of sight like uncle Naoto taught me as I wait for my attacker to come just a little closer. NOW; I flick my wrist and within seconds the knife is planted in his upper right leg, effectively dropping him to his knees. I rush forward and bring my own foot up connecting it with his head instantly knocking him unconscious. I crouch down in a defensive position and scan the immediate area for any buddies this dickhead might have with him. Apparently dumbass is alone because no other threat shows up. I replace the other wrist blade that I pulled when I charged this idiot and remove the other one that is embedded in his knee; wipe the blood off on his pants leg and replace it too. I then grab his wallet and pull out the little bit of cash he has on him. This money I don't feel bad about taking because he probably would have killed me given the chance. Only enough yen to buy two or three extra meals with or maybe I should buy some cold medicine instead. Choices, choices, but the first thing I need to do is move out of this area because knowing the jackals that stay out on the streets at night they will find him soon and I don't want to be around when they do.
 
I'm over this
I'm tired of livin' in the dark
Can anyone see me down here?
The feelings gone
There's nothing left to lift me up
Back into the world I know
And now I've found myself so far down
Away from the sun that shines into the darkest place
I'm so far down away from the sun
That shines to light the way for me to find my way back into the arms
That care about the ones like me
I'm so far down away from the sun again
 
I definitely have a cold, so I made the sacrifice and bought some generic cold medication which luckily did not set me back as much as I was afraid it would. I think I scared the old lady behind the counter though with my scruffy appearance so I had to high tail it out of that area too. I am currently digging through today's leftovers behind a nice looking restaurant in the northern part of Morioka. Shit somebody's coming out the back door.
 
“Hey boy what are you doing back here, wait don't run I'm not going to hurt you.”
 
Run, hell, I can barely move with this coughing attack that I'm having.
 
“Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you. Boy do you know you have a fever, come on lets get you inside out of this weather.”
 
The old man's being fairly nice to me, heck he gave me a hot bowl of soup and told me to stay by the heater and warm up while he finishes closing up the restaurant. He's even letting me sleep on a spare futon here by the furnace tonight. It will be the first time I've been warm at night in a week. I really should help him out in the back to pay him for his kindness, after I finish eating. I wish I could figure out why my voice quit working so I could thank him properly.
 
~Wind in the Trees Restaurant~
 
“Hello Officer Kagari, this is Mitsuo Kazaki. Yes, I'm doing fine today. You too, that's good. Listen I think I've got another runaway kid here. No, he's out front eating. Yeah, I don't know his name; he hasn't said a word since I first saw him. Though he does appear to be sick; rattling cough, slight fever, yeah probably a cold he caught that is turning into something worse from being out on the streets. Oh, he's about fourteen or fifteen, red-hair, about one hundred seventy five centimeters (5'8”). He looks like he weights about forty-five kilograms (one hundred pounds). Already got a match huh, really, the kid made it from Odaiba all the way up here to Morioka in less than three weeks. Tough little bugger, probably why he's so thin. Well I've offered him room and board for the night so if you boys want to come pick him up you know the deal, no lights, no noise, or he'll likely run. Yeah, okay, I'll keep him busy until then.”
 
~One Hour Later~
 
I'm up to my elbows is hot water, washing dishes, helping out Mr. Kazaki in return for the hot meal and the futon he's letting me sleep on tonight. I notice a slight commotion in the front of the restaurant and suddenly a police officer is coming through the kitchen door. I take one look at him before yanking my hands out of the water and making a mad dash for my bag which I left by the back door. Yanking it open I take two steps outside before I'm caught around the waist by another officer who was obviously waiting for me to come out that way. I stop struggling because there is no way that I can break free especially in my weakened state. Mr. Kazaki follows the first officer outside and says to me “sorry Daisuke but its time to go home.” I simply wilt, not able to say a word to anyone as they lead me towards the squad car. All I can think of is `I'm not ready. I haven't figured out what to do about my feelings for Takeru. No, no, no, no, no……'
 
It's down to this
I've got to make this life make sense
And now I can't tell what I've done
And now again I've found myself so far down
Away from the sun that shines to light the way for me
And now again I've found myself so far down
Away from the sun that shines into the darkest place
I'm so far down away from the sun
That shines to light the way for me to find my way back into the arms
That care about the ones like me
I'm so far down away from the sun again
 
TBC…
 
Cool quote: 1 “In adversity a man is saved by hope” -Menander (342-291 B.C.) Fragments
2 “Then black despair, the shadow of a starless night, was thrown over the world in which I moved alone” -Percy B. Shelley, Revolt of Islam